Random Image

usflag.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, September 01, 2018, 01:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindancer

Good afternoon, another hot one. Staying in to day, but tomorrow I have to see the
  hematologist then Thursday is a RH luncheon at a japanese restaurant.

Gloria I am looking forward to Friday, also here suppose to be in the 70;s. School starts to morrow school starts

Larry, I learned to like boiled peanuts when I moved to Charleston. There were people setting on the side walks selling them, even on Broad St. where we lived. My mother use to roast chestnuts around Christmas time.  I still buy them,  They use to sell them on the streets in NYC in the winter.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Janie, I have a list of 42 "favorite" hems. I use a different one each day. One of them is your favorite. Fr. Smith was one of my favorite Priests, and he requested that hymn at his funeral. It was as if he were giving us the last  Sermon as what to do, I can hear him now, ONWARD !! Christian Soldiers. and I don't think there was a dry eye in the Church. He was so well loved. I had the privilege to hold his hand and pray silently during his last days in the hospital. He brought a group of Episcopal Nuns to our Church in Sierra Madre, and my kids were taught grade school by those Nuns, and I became an Associate. What wonderful memories I have.

Gloria, I'm finding I did not post yesterday. During the night I woke up with a sore throat, so I called the clinic. A male nurse came up and took my vitals, and they were all good, so he told me to gargle with warm salt water, and that helped. He ordered all three meals be delivered to my room and I should stay home and rest. I did. all day. Never got dressed. Feel good today..
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

Good Tuesday Afternoon... 

I just got back from the hospital after having
a scheduled Colonoscopy and Upper Endoscopy.... 

Very good news.  The Doc removed 4 small Polyps
and the Upper Endoscopy showed a small Hiatal Hernia.. 

I am so fortunate .... Dr says that does not want to see me
again!!!!   

Sure glad that is over and done with. 
Oh by the way.   I was an hour late
for surgery....  (They thought that I had
forgot to come -   but I was upstairs in the
hospital waiting for them..)

A very good news day for me.
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Carol

Back from running 4 errands.  We had our flue and pneumonia shots at the Safeway store.  They keep the records and we can get these shots in any state where there are these stores.  It is so easy. 

Jane:  You deserve the short line - rest well. 

Amy:  What is a Chelsea bun?  Baking anything is a super treat to a neighbor. 

Sandy:  Good news for you on the medical tests - that is super news anytime. 

June Drabek

Sandy, I am so happy for you dear. All your tests received an A+ Congratulations!

Amy

Sandy, GREAT news and one everyone loves to share with you!!

Carol , this is Chelsea buns..I  just put them in a 9 x 13 pan..

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/shining-star-chelsea-buns

Forgot I gave some to the other neighbour. caught him mowing the top of the lawn that I was going to get the push mower to do . I don't like riding on a slant to cut it.

Jane, if you were my neighbour and home you would be sharing them hot with me with a cup of coffee/tea.

June, hope your sore throat has disappeared.

Gloria de ,have fun at your luncheon and would love to hear what you had to eat in the Japanese restaurant

Larry, Pat's dinner sounds delicious! We had a cabbage stir fry to go along with the rest of our meal tonight.  Hubby has to go for a CT scan on Thur and if we are in early they will take us if possible. We have been walking out of there with the CT scan done before our appointment time in the past..

Going to put my feet up for a bit..enjoy your evening..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Thank you ...

I have been worried about this for
a very long time.. 

Too long.   Waiting on appointments is
very stressful for me.    As I am sure
that it is for everyone.

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Congratulations, Sandy, understand about the dread... but at least you get it done.  I have never had a Colonoscopy, the nurse asked when I went for my check up a month after heart surgery "when was my last Colonoscopy?"  My reply was, "I've never had that pleasure and since I am past 75, understand Medicare no longer offers them".   That ended any ever discussion.  My husband had them every year before Medicare & then they went to every 5 years, because his mother & 3 of her brothers died from colon cancer.  He didn't mind them but always glad when they were over.  So glad you got the "all clear".  My daughter has had many because of her Crohn's Disease, she was told a higher risk for colon cancer so a double whammy for her.

I've read posts several times today but brain is already asleep so save comments for another time.  Sweet dreams for all...

June Drabek

Another lovely day from Stanton, Ca. 80 for a high and 67 for tonight. We had an interesting Community members meeting this morning, then I went for lunch. Home to snooze a bit, a nice long walk, supper at home, and now it is time to get ready for bed and book.  I pray you all have a peaceful night, and a Blessed tomorrow. June

JaneS

I just came in to say Good night but notice that I've not reported all day.

Mickie's trip to the vet was eventful.  She is so good when we go there that everyone comments on it.  I told the girl that took us back and did all the prelim stuff that she looked like she had dandruff.  When the vet came in and checked her over and started to tell me what I needed to do, I asked wat exactly was her problem.  She said "She has a bad case of sebhorrea".  I said "so it is dandruff".  And she said "exactly".  She got some pillse to take twice a day and special shampoo for 2 to 3 baths a week.  Me with a bad back and now extra baths for the doggie.  Oh well, she's worth it.  And I found out that an extra 15 minutes with the heating pad puts me back in shape after the bath.  We do what we must!

Now I'm going to take the doggies out and go to bed.  I wish you a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  May God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

There is something wrong....I had to try to post this many, many times....started all over and then it still took quite a bit of time....now it is here....I SEE it!

I posted earlier today, but it is not here....are others having problems also? 

CAROL, I just remembered that you asked about the new grand baby.  Jonah is due the 3rd of December and he will be born in Paso Robles, California.  Actually, Mark and Megan live in Paso, but the hospital is in Templeton, the next town over. 

My goodness, JANE, how in the world did you know Sephora was dandruff?  At least Mickie was not diagnosed with something much worse.  Sorry about the extra bathes.....your poor aching back❣️

GLORIA de, my Boston grands started back to school today. I do hope  all went well at the hematologist appointment today.  Nice that you have a luncheon to look forward to on Thursday. 

Just talked to Brian and Cathy in Seoul Korea.  They continue to have a great time and are sure enjoying all the sights and the food they are eating.   He sends pictures and I have to say everything looks very appetizing. 

I must say goodnight....it is way past my bed time.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Denver well I suspect you have already gone to bed now. I can't get the computer to do what I think either, i tried to get driven directions on google all it dose so far is make me tired and upset. have a great day when you wake and come back,

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Going to be another hot one, so far temp is just 57°, would be nice if it stayed that way.

Need to play catch up on work here and look to see if we have any stain for the clothesline stand, it could use a freshening up.

Jane,  Babe had a dry coat in the Spring so I put a bit of salmon  (Omega 3 ) oil in her food. Her coat /skin is nice now even the vet commented on it.

Better get a move on it while the day is still cool.

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and the doggies have been out and had their morning pill.  I slept all night but boy, did I ever dream!  Not bad ones, just weird ones!  The kind you wake from and ask yourself "Why on earth did I dream THAT!"

I'll be off to work later and then back home to my heating pad.  It sure works wonders!

I'll check on the omega 3.  It sure can't hurt and I'm in favor of natural over pills any day.

I wish you all a great day full of whatever pleases you best.  Grab the day and make it yours!  Enjoy!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It looks like today will be a carbon copy of the past several days with it being hot and dry.  My dental appointment yesterday went very well and no follow on dental work is needed, which is always what I want to hear from my dentist.  The hygienist told me of a fresh produce market near their office so I stopped in and got some beautiful South Carolina freestone peaches, two Heirloom tomatoes and a couple of ears of fresh sweet corn.  There prices were very high so it is not a store I would visit very often. 

In a few minutes I am going to go to Costco to stock up the freezer and the pantry.  This evening we will be starting our Wednesday evening dinners at Church for the fall season. 

I don't have time for individual comments this morning so will revisit and read the messages since yesterday and offer any comments later this afternoon. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, woke late and nothing but phonecalls while getting in or out of the shower.  Seldom get calls at that time. Made my whole morning out of sync.  The first was from the pharmacy telling me she would be here in 30 minutes with a med. T old her I would still be in the shower, I move slow. That was on the cell phone, second was from the office where my CNA for today works. She is out today. Must have needed an extra day off, Monday was not enough. Then she told me that the other one I have has a client in the hospital and had a free time,she called her and then called me back, she will be here at noon, Good, laundry day. Still have to have my breakfast so this is short.

Do not know if anyone here gets the emails from Babamail but I saw this on one a couple of days ago.  The lady is in her 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OPQqH3YlHA

Depression cooking

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  I am back from the big shopping trip to Costco.  It took me quite awhile today as I had to walk it pushing the cart.  This was a big order as I wanted to start stocking the freezer.  By the time I got to the register I was so tired I asked for help unloading the shopping cart and then help putting it in the car.  I still have some paper products to unload from the car but that can wait until later this afternoon. 

deAngel, it sounds like you will have a busy rest of the week.  There are several roadside fruit stands around here where you can buy the boiled peanuts that they boil right there. 

June, glad the nurse took good care of you and that you were feeling better yesterday. 

Sandy, was the waiting room not where you were suppose to wait until your turn? That was a good news day for you.  Glad you no longer need to worry about having the tests.

Carol, I need to get my shots and may get the flu and pneumonia shots tomorrow when I am at Walmart to pick up prescriptions.  I also want to get the first of the shingles shots but wonder if they will give all three at one time. 

Amy, nice of your neighbor to help with the hard part of your yard.  Is this the neighbor that you dog tend for them when they are away?  The dinner was good and since it was already fixed we had it again last evening and it was just as good the second time around.  There is still enough for another meal but think we will freeze that and see how it holds up. 

Shirley, I probably won't have another colonoscopy either as am now past 75 and my last one was clear.  That doesn't break my heart but I never really minded them.  I have two cousins, brother and sister, with Crohn's Disease. 

Jane, glad you found out that it was dandruff on Mickie and not something else.  Glad the heating pad helps your back. 

Jenny, have you started doing baby shopping for Jonah yet?  It is an exciting time in a family with a new baby. How long will Brian and Cathy be in Seoul?

Lloyd, you might want to try Mapquest for the directions you need for your trip. You just put in your starting point and the ending point and it will give you both a map and written instructions. 

Gloria, it sounds like you have already had a busy morning but glad a CNA was available to help you.  I do get a daily email from Babamail and will scan it to see if there is anything I am interesting in. 

MaryTX

Larry, I had the first of the new shingle shots in my left arm and a Tdap shot in my right arm at the same time!  The flu shots are out but ran out of arms so that will come later :)

Is there another new pneumonia shot?  I had the first one in 1995 that was 'supposed' to be a lifetime one and when they decided it wasn't lifetime, I have had two boosters.   I had the Prevnar 13 shot a couple of years ago.  Since I have COPD, I still get pneumonia at least once a year probably not as severe tho. 

I put in a big online Walmart order at the first of the month and maybe a smaller one mid month.  One of the kids will  pick it up on their way home from work.  There seldom electric carts available at the stores anymore and with my spinal stenosis and COPD, I can't walk enough to shop. 

Mary

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

June Drabek

I went down for Bible Study..enjoyed it very much. I am home now and it is time to go down for lunch. I am very tired, I am not hungry and though I feel I should get out and associate. I don't want to.So I will stay home and heat up a small pizza. I think sometimes we have to listen to our body, no matter what our brain says, the body is the part of us that does all the physical work.

so I will go heat up the pizza, then grab a book and rest.

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I was hurting when I came home from work so I took care of the doggies needs and had some lunch and then sat down with the heating pad.  I set the alarm on my for for an hour and slept right through the alarm.  I remember waking up once and turning off the heating pad but then I went back to sleep.

I woke to the sound of a lawn mower and wonder who was mowing THIS time?  Turns out it was me!  My SIL is out there moving my grass.  He's such a good guy!  Don't know how I'd manage without my daughter and my SIL!  And I tell them so all the time!

This is acting very strange so I'm going to stop typing before I lose everything.  Hope everyone is enjoying a good day!

Lindancer

Good late afternoon sun is shining, quite warm. Tomorrow may get to100

Amy, we are going to have the hibachi, I am having steak hibachi, there is a choice of Salmon& shrimp and Scallop Hibachi they all come with vegetables and fried rice, also clear soup. Now choice of deserts sounds interesting also made at the table fried cheese cake or fried banana or fried ice cream.(green tea, vanilla or red bean) I think I will have something to write about to morrow Iam just reading American of Japanese soft drinks

Larry, We bought raw peanuts once and tried to boil the them never seem to get enough salt also took over sand hour

Shirley, I have always refused a colonoscopy, have had the endoscopy as I have a very large hiatus hernia  which is high in my chest and closing off my lungs that is why I have the breathing problem and on oxygen.

Sandy glad you got good news.

also Mary Ann. glad you got to the doctors. The day before I had an operation I had to drink a big glass 0f OJ with potassium in it every hour before surgey. many years ago. Now to day I went to the hematologist the doctor said my blood count was still up but my anemia was very bad. I have to go in next week for the iron infusion takes about two hours. that is why I stay so tired and have to force myself to do something the joys of enjoying my gray hair :)

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Just got back from a nice long walk, and rocking on bench, enjoying the bluest blue sky and a gentle breeze. Had a nice long nap this afternoon, and will have a light supper at home.

Gloria de, I am so sorry to read of that hiatal hernial. How long have you had that problem ?

Janie, you and I both have wonderful kids, and their spouses. I'm sorry  you are still working, maybe you need some more time off,do you think ??

I had better close down this computer and go eat my supper..time gets away from me. Have a peaceful night dear hearts. I'm sending you prayer, hugs and love. June 

Amy

Good morning everyone...

We had a thunder storm and rain last evening. Heavy cloud cover this morning, We are off to the city, hubby has a CT scan then back on the 14th to hear the results. Don't you wish they could tell you right then??

Leaving the dogs home and the neighbour is going to pop in and check on them. When we get home that is what we will do if he has gone to see his mom, let their dog out.

Larry, both neighbours got the chealsea buns and the one got the bread also. When I bake more bread I will give some to the other one too.

Gloria de , that sounds interesting, especially the fried ice cream! I would have a hard time choosing between shrimp, scallop and salmon as I like all three!!

Larry, is there someone that could do this shopping at Costco for you? Maybe your housekeeper??

Better go feed crow ,I can heard him hollering..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I see I neglected you last night.  I totally forgot to say goodnight.  I guess I was tired and I slep well all night.

AMY, I wish you a safe trip to the city and back.  I wish the tests could be immediately available also but they always seem to add to our stress by making us wait.

I'm already into the financial stuff and I have to concentrate on it today.  The automatic bill payments are coming back and I'm not recording them this month.  I need to get on the ball and today is the day.  I'll try to check back occasionally to see who is checkin in.  I'm missing JOY!  PHYLLIS, too but it seems like a long time since we've heard from JOY!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It will be another day in the low 90's with no rain in the forecast.  We enjoyed a very tasty dinner at Church last evening and there was a big crowd as chicken wings seems to be a popular item for these dinners. We then enjoyed a pleasant evening with Scott.  I have only two things on my schedule today, other than a few chores here at the house.  I will be picking up my friend and we will go to coffee.  On the way home I will stop at Walmart to pick up three prescriptions for Pat and a few other items. The rest of the day should be pretty quiet and restful.

Mary, thanks for the info on the way you got your shots.  I usually get mine in the left arm but it sounds like I may have to use the right arm as well.  I don't know whether this is a different pneumonia shot but I think the consensus has changed that it may not be a lifetime shot.  I also had that shot more than 10 years ago so will ask the pharmacist and be guided by what they say.  I had the same problem with no electric carts available at Costco yesterday and thus asked for help when I got to the checkout counter as had done a lot of walking in the store.  I am feeling the results of it today but will recover. I don't think my wife will be doing much more, if any, shopping in the physical stores but sure has become an expert using online shopping since she has such pain with her spinal stenosis.   

June, glad you felt up to going to the Bible study as know you really enjoy those.  I hope the pizza was good.  I hope you will feel more rested today and be up to socializing a bit.  I see you did get outside and enjoy the gentle breeze and did some walking. 

Amy, hope the CT scan goes well and at least that is not an invasive procedure.  I guess scans have to be reviewed by specialists and thus the delay.  Our son has gone to Costco with me several time and I will certainly try to coordinate that with him in the future when I expect to have more than a few items to buy.  I got there even before the store opened yesterday, which generally allows me to get a riding cart, but when I got there people were already sitting on the carts waiting for the store to open.  Fortunately we had notice a few days ago that they were starting a home delivery for the same day or a two day delivery.  So I think it may be worth the delivery charge to use that service in the future.  Pat checked and it is not yet available from our store but expect it will soon be. 

Jane, it sounds like you still have some healing to do for that back.  Years ago, when I was fighting the Hep C I kept the heat pad to my back around the clock as that really helped the pain from the Interferon shots I was taking.  I am glad your family is looking out for you and I am willing to bet they are very happy to do so and your big thank you is appreciated. 

deAngel, you are going to be a lot hotter up your way than we are here.  It sounds like you had an interesting meal and look forward to hearing more about it today.  The few times we have eaten at a Japanese restaurant they fixed the meal right at the table and it was quite something to see.  I am so sorry to read that your anemia is now very bad.  No wonder you don't have much energy. 

Mary Ann

Good morning.  I thought I'd try to write a bit, after having been gone for over a week.  I'm regaining some strength.

I've gotten my shots in my left arm previously, but I know if I would have to have one in my right arm, it's available!  Flu shot time coming up.

I rode/drove an electric cart for the first time the other day and got along fine.  I may look for them more often when/if I have the opportunity. 

I bypassed all of the posts so I am not up on what everyone is doing, but I'lltry to drop in daily and we'll see what we shall see.

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good morning everyone, yesterday was too busy for me. Way too many phone calls that I answered and some I did not. Another day of it being hot and humid. Might have thunderstorms late afternoon that should break this.

LARRY  there are days with Babamail I check many of those side things and there for hours and other days nothing strikes me.

Expecting a delivery from the pharmacy so better straighten up a bit. Have a great day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Hello again Everyfriend!  I'm happy to say, I'm all organized financially and the bills that had to be taken care of today have been taken care of.  The automatic paymets are recorded and the there's a few dollars left over.  Now I can relax. 

Kiran is in for a big surprise today!  With all her after school activities, we can only manage one afternoon together but I'll take what I can get.  Today her cousin Natalie and Aunt Cathy will meet her bus and bring her over here.  She's expecting me and I'm not ever sure she knows Natalie is here from Texas.  She is going to be delighted!  And it makes me supremely happy with the cousins get together.  The fact that Kiran came on behind and is so much younger than the rest of them I thought would be a drawback.  But we've had them together often enough that they've learned to love one another and that makes me happy!

Today is sort of a "do-nothing day for me until the young folks get here.  I'm just tending to odds and ends after doing the financial stuff.  I deserve it!

MARY ANN, I hope you're feeling much better.  I'm sorry to say, I was not aware that you were ill.  I did miss you...I always wonder what keeps people away.  Thanks for checking in!

I still wonder about JOY.  It's not like her not to check in...Phyllis, too!

Mary Ann

Jane, thank you.  I am feeling better but not tip-top.  I was low on potassium and if I mind my ps and qs I should be back to MY normal soon.  I'm working on it.

I love hearing about your family.

Mary Ann

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND.

We had quite the rains here yesterday.  The feeling of fall in the air is REAL.  More snow in the mountains.....you better HURRY HURRY, SHIRLEY if you are not already here!  Oh and don’t forget your long johns!!

Had a call from my dad this morning after he returned from his orthopedic surgeons office.  He has been having a clicking in his new hip and now has some swelling.  He saw the PA, as he could not see the surgeon for three weeks! REALLY?  Ever time I went in for anything after my replacements the surgeon ALWAYS came in to see me!  Anyway, PA does not think it is anything serious, so they want him to do more PT.  My brother is there visiting him now, so I do not need to make a trip down there. 

Pam, my neighbor did quite well during her surgery yesterday.  She is in a lot of pain, and I hope they can get that under control.  Sadly they had to take a bit more bone off, and move some tissu3 around, but the doctor feels she will do well.  Bless her heart.....thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers.

LARRY, not getting a elective cart at Costco makes it nearly impossible to shop there as it is such a big place.  Being able to get deliveries from there could be necessary down the road.  I guess if the6 would just gather it for you to drive u0 and pick up would work too.  I know both Sam’s and WalMart do that.  You better believe I have been buying things for Jonah❣️ Brian and Cathy return from Seoul on Saturday. They really have enjoyed their time in South Korea.

MARYANN, good to see your post.  Glad that you are feeling stronger.  Take care of yourself. 

GLORIA de, it is Thursday, so I bet you are at your luncheon....hope you really enjoy it.

JANE, happy, happy for you and your grands all getting together this afternoon.  ENJOY,

We are going out to do a bit of shopping.

Have a good rest of your day.

I just read that Burt Reynolds died.  He was 82.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"