Random Image

Changing faces

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Patricia, I hope you feel better soon.

I don't know that our greening is as rapid as yours, but I think it is within a day.  Even with no leaves, it seems possible to notice a change in the trees and all of a sudden there are tiny green leaves - and away we go.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Patricia - The "Greening" that you described is certainly fascinating!  I would love to see something like that. Sorry your osteoarthritis is bothering you.  I suffer from it too - especially in my hands!  Some fingers frozen in place, and others painful to move or pick up anything.  Maybe when Summer arrives, we will both get some relief!

Mary Ann - How is Tom feeling this afternoon?  He is probably very weak, and will sleep a lot over the next 24 hours. I hope he sticks with his new diet.  It's very important, as you know.  Maybe being under a doctor's care, will help him? I think you have to weigh-in once a week?? 

Jean - I have the same problem with low protein levels showing up on my tests.  I don't eat any beef, unless it's ground, like in a hamburger or meatloaf. I don't drink milk, but I do like yogurt, although I get tired of it quickly, and generally can't finish a single serving container.  I love eggs, and try to eat them often.

Hope you're all looking forward to a nice weekend!  It's cool and sunny here,  in the low 70's.     

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I wrote in answer to your last post and was ready to finish it, saw a picture of Winnie beside the post, clicked on the picture to see it better and my post went off into cyberland.   It wasn't important and I may get back to it later, but not now as I'm about to watch Washington Week.  I've seen a few ships today and one on the map showed it sideways.  I think several people thought it was grounded, but someone mentioned it was delivering stones to Marine City.   
I'll probably never know.

Tom is feeling a bit better, wonders if he might have food poisoning but hasn't checked with Robin to see if she had problems; they had the same thing to eat.  I ate something different.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good very late evening, Yes I have lost a lot of my get up and go.
Mary Ann, I am sorry to see Tom does not feel well.  My DIL is heavier then I have ever seen her, so I worry

Jean, I wrote in another post that JoanAnn arrived last night,  She was stuck in Baltimore about 10 hours,because if severe storms,I felt bad for my neighbor who thought she was picking her about in day light hours.  But it all worked out and she is here for indifferent stay.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Joy

Good early morning. 

Just marking my spot.  I will be gone most of the day, so I hope I wont' be too tired to remember to get back when I get home.

Gloria de, so nice to see your message this morning.  I am sure you will have a nice visit with your DIIL.  Enjoy your time together.

Patricia,  sure hope you will be feeling better soon.

Hope all the other friends will also have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another sunny morning starting out 71 degrees and going up into the low 80's this afternoon with a 50% chance of rain.  I laid down yesterday about 10:30 and stayed their until around 3 pm. I finished listening to an audio book that I had just started the night before.  I took my shower this morning and washed my hair and it took up my days supply of energy.  I have nothing else I need to do today other than read and post here in the message boards. I did open a package of medicine I had gotten from my health insurer and got the good news that one of the expensive drug Renexa I have taken for years finally has a generic and so rather than the $80 copay I have had in the past it is now $15 for a three month supply.  Just like getting a little pay raise.  I now just have one expensive drug that is $125 co-pay for a three month supply.

Mary Ann, I sort of misunderstood and thought Robin was doing Genealogy herself. I bet they won't last long in the thrift shop as it seems many people are interested in Genealogy.  I hope Tom's sickness is short lived but he sure needs to guard against dehydration as that sure does a number of people.  Maybe he needs to work up to that 45 minute walk with shorter walks for awhile. 

Marilyne, I didn't think anything about your stressed comment regarding Jeopardy as know we all react a bit differently to situations.  James continued his winning streak last night and now has a two week break as Jeopardy does it's Teachers Tournament.  I don't think Jeopardy does have a cap on winners as Ken Jennings won $2.5 million or more on a 79 consecutive wins. 

Jean, your temps aren't as high as we are experiencing.  Does being fairly near the Gulf keep your temps in check?  I have had a whole series of blood tests recently and most of my readings are still within the ranges.  My potassium is OK as is my sodium.  Like you I am not a movie person. 

Patricia, I don't remember whether Anchorage had a day of greening or not but it sure was green and things grew really large during the many hours of sunlight.  I still recall the huge cabbages they grew near Anchorage. Sorry you are still suffering so much from the osteoarthritis.

Lindancer, I am certainly happy to see your posting and to know you haven't been back in the hospital.  I understand the loss of get up and go and sometimes we just don't have the energy to post.  Certainly happy that JoanAnn is now there with you and that she will stay for an indifferent stay as that should take some of the stress off of you. 

Joy, hope you can enjoy your day without being exhausted.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the
cool and over cast rocky coast of Maine.

This is all that is in our forecast for
many many days.   And so it goes. 

Larry,   good to see you this morning..  And
being able to cut the cost of meds is a
very big deal.    Congratulations!

All is well here for me..  I have been having
a series of testing since the beginning of the
year and I am very pleased with all of the
results.     

I call this my 75,000 mile checkup,
now that I am 75 years old.   

Hooray,  so far.

Have a good day,  everyone.
Sandy
 :smitten:   

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

Larry - You're sounding better every day! 
I remember Ken Jennings.  If I remember correctly, he donated much of his winnings to the LDS Church, (Mormon), as well as to a number of charities. He has commented on James, and has been very supportive toward him.

Joy - I think this is your BIRTHDAY weekend?  I remember that you are three months older than I am!  :D   Both of us born in 1934.  Hope you have a nice celebration with your family members. 

Sandy - Good news, that all of your medical test are coming back with great results. It pays to follow the doctors orders!  We're having the same gloomy weather, here in Northern California.  Typical for the month of May.

Mary Ann - Hope you check in soon, and tell us how Tom, is feeling today? I also hope that he's drinking lots of water.  A person gets dehydrated very quickly, regardless of age!

Gloria de - Good that your dil, finally arrived, after her long airport delay.  It will be so nice for you to have someone there with you, for as long as she can possibly stay.  Be sure to tell us how your grandchildren are doing?   

SCFSue

Good morning, Sandy.  The picture you have in your post of Fee (sp?) is precious.  She's turning into a young lady!  How old is she now?  My 2 grandsons are grown up already.  Alex, the oldest, is graduating from Birmingham Southern University in May after 4 years up there.  His mother has already found him a job at the New Orleans Hospital--not in a medical capacity, but something to do with patients input, etc.  Nic, the younger brother, is finishing his sophomore year at LSU.  It seems only yesterday I was meeting either Jon or Stacie somewhere on the freeway to bring them up here to Auburn for the month of June!

And I've had my 82nd year on earth--and dang glad I'm having it!

SCFSue

Sandy

Fe has just turned three years old this week....  And is just growing up so fast. 

She is a friendly happy girl...  Her Mom gets her out into play groups etc and volunteers at Nursing Homes,  so she is very well rounded.

Plus three of her Aunties and her Grand Mother live right next door.

She is growing up so fast, of course... 
They all do. 

Sandy
 :smitten:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sandy, I like to look at the pictures of Fe that you post.  She is a lovely child.  At three, she is a bit younger than my 3-year old 2x great niece (Norm's great-granddaughter) who is a cutie too.  I think all young kids are cute!!!

Tom and I just returned from breakfast at New Beginnings.  I had two eggs over medium and Tom had French toast and two eggs.  He still does not feel 100% but is feeling better.  He said his main complaint now is that he is so tired so when we got home, he went down to nap.

At my left in Random Image is a picture of Sandy at 34 with brown hair.  I think in my 30s is when I started getting salt and pepper, soon to be white, hair.  I really do not remember having brown hair.  When I posted this message, a picture of Norm, Dot and Beverly appeared!

Gloria de, is was so good to see your post and to know you're OK.  I'm glad to see your DIL will be with you indefinitely too.  Does Taffy like company?

Sue, kids do grow up, don't they?  Norm's grandkids are all adults but three of those have children - two and three years old. 

Marilyn, I remember Ken Jennings but I think I wasn't watching the program back then but I have been aware of his winnings. 

Larry, I showered and washed my hair too but my energy level did not change.  I have said for years that I run at one speed - moderate.  I don't have high highs or low lows.  Of course, I don't do much either, but I did used to be more active. 

The cat just came in wanting some attention.  In working in this room the other day, we cleared a spot off the floor and last night when I headed for bed, I discovered Kendrick in that spot; he does like to be where I am.  I think I may move his bed in here as at night he's not in it anyway.

That's good news about the price of your med, Larry; it is indeed like a pay raise.  Tom does a good job of drinking liquids.  A friend brought him some Vernor's and he drinks a lot of plain tea.  When out, he often has a coke, but more often tea.  He drinks more water than I do and that is my favorite beverage.

Joy, didn't you recently have more than one birthday celebration?  It's fun when they get stretched out.  My celebrations are over.  You and Marilyn are 10 years younger than I am!.  Time flies when you're having fun!

We are in the mid-60s now and I think today and tomorrow are to be nice.

I think this book is ready to be closed.

Mary Ann

wjoan

Mornin all.  Am off to buy some clothes that actually fit me.  LOL  Eveerything I own is baggy.  Later.

Denver

A good Saturday HELLO to all. 

I am sorry to say I have not posted but have read all the post quickly and again I must say that I thank you ALL for the wonderful supportive comments.  They mean the world to me and I get strength from your support.  I MUST keep a positive attitude as MIRACLE DO HAPPEN, and Michele is going to be one for sure❣️

Doing laundry and trying to get to one of my Dads last few living relatives , 87TH Birthday Party this afternoon.

I hope to get back in and read and post later on.

Enjoy your day, EVERYONE. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is another cloudy morning with some rain predicted for this afternoon.  Late last night we had some significant rain but haven't heard how much.  It is needed around here.  I didn't have a very restful night although did get some sleep.  It is hard to get into a position on the bed that is comfortable due to the tail bone being so sore.  We will have a very restful and quiet day today as far as I know now.  I am going to try to stay up this morning until 11:30 or noon.  I hope to watch the golf tournament late this afternoon.  Yesterday when I tuned in to it they were in a rain delay and showing some previous tourney.  We did have TV dinners last night for dinner.  Mine was Marie Callendar sweet and sour chicken and rice with a side of carrots and broccoli.  Pat had a Weight Watchers Dinner but I was able to eat only half of mine to Pat finished it.

Sandy, these overcast days help us appreciate the sunshine when we get a day like that.  Glad you are happy with your test results.  I had my 75,000 mile checkup some time ago. Hard to believe that Fe is now 3.  They grow up too fast. 

Marilyne, as you know looks can be deceiving and longer posting from me is not a indicator that I am feeling better.  A friend that visited us last week commented that I looked well and I told her I don't usually look ill and I see the same thing when I look in the mirror but that I am.  My afternoon rest periods in bed are getting longer now sometimes up to 3 hours or more.  I had never heard about Ken Jennings donating much of his winnings to the LDS Church. 

Sue, I am five years younger than you but three of our four great grandchildren are teenagers now with the oldest going on 17.  Congratulations to Alex on his graduation. I am very doubtful I will make it to 80 much less 82 but one never knows.   

Mary Ann, good to read that Tom is doing better and felt like going out to eat.  My hair turned gray when I was in my late twenties.  You are fortunate that showering and washing your hair doesn't use up your energy. 

Joan, hope you found some clothes you like that fit you well.  Is your daughter feeling any better now?

Jenny, with your busy schedule just glad to see you posting when you can.

Marilyne

An overcast and windy Sunday morning here.  Unfortunately, we never get any measurable rain in May . . .  just drizzle and cloudy skies.  All this talk about "climate change", makes me wish it would change in the other direction!  Meaning:  that we would get a few actual rain storms between now and October.   Instead, our six month dry-spell is now hotter, dryer, and windier  than it's ever been.   As a result,  uncontrollable wildfires have become commonplace.

Larry - I looked Ken Jennings up on Wikipedia, and was surprised to see that he is much younger than I had thought.  He was born in 1975, making him six years younger than my youngest child, who was born in 1969!    He is a Mormon, and he and his family live in  Washington State.

Joan - Did you go out shopping for clothes, or did you order online?  I'm doing most of my shopping from online stores, including shoes.  If you need to buy some new shoes, I recommend Zappos.  You get free shipping, and if the shoes don't fit, you can send them back and get free return shipping as well.  They carry all the major brands and different price ranges.

Jenny - Did your Dad have a nice birthday celebration? Also whoever had the birthday yesterday, I hope you had a chance to attend?  I know you are needed at home now, to help Michele and Dave.  Keep us posted on how Michele is feeling?  Is she finished with this latest round of chemo?

wjoan

Mornin Larry.  No, sorry to say that daughter is still miserable.  Still bleeding on the outside of her tummy also.  She has some more Dr/ appts. coming up this week so we will see what happens next.  Wish someone would help her.

Marilynne, I have lost lots of weight so had no idea what size I am.  Usually do buy on line but had to do the try on for slacks.  Ended up in a size 10 which surprized me.  LOL  Big sale at Penneys so made out like a bandit.  LOL  Got 5 new pairs of slacks for 100 dollars.  Next month we will do tops.  LOL

Mary Ann

Larry, I have a similar problem in that being short, I don't look my age and people mention that.  I really feel good, but I know there are things going on inside me that belie how I look on the outside.  I still do not have a walker and feel as long as I can get to the mailbox, I don't need one; that is the only distance walking I do.  I have walls and furniture in the condo to use for support. 

Joan, I have found I must order most clothes online, however, while I do buy green bananas, I find I don't buy many clothes online any more.  I don't need more clothes as I feel I have enough to last me the rest of my life.

It was announced in church this morning that a member had died yesterday afternoon.  She was also a classmate in high school.  She was two months older than I am and I can think of only one other person at church who is older than me.  Her funeral will be Saturday and Dot and I plan to go. 

Dot and I went to church this morning, then did our usual at the Cholesterol Pit.  It was my turn to pay.  We had a chocolate pie today, something we have not had for a while and it was good. 

It is bright and sunny today.  One thermometer read 65 degrees and I trust that one more than the one reading 75 degrees.  I think the sun hits the second thermometer to give it a higher read

This morning I saw five ships in the Marine City area, one at Port Huron and four on the St Clair River.  I wonder if the ships roil the water enough to make the fishing better because there were 10-15 motor boats of fishermen.

Mary Ann

Joy

Just getting around to posting here. so  I will just send you all a special "Hello" greeting.

Marilyne and Mary Ann,  yes, I have had several "birthday gatherings".  And, my actual birthday isn't until Tuesday.    And, yes it has been fun.

Yesterday, I had a great day.  My son and Dil picked me up a  little after 8  and we went down to Annapolis and picked up a friend of my son's ( and mine)and we then drove down to Cambridge, Md. on the Eastern Shore.  We went to the Harriet Tubman museum, which was one of the nicest museums that I have ever been to.  It is fairly new and a beautiful building inside and out
I have always been interested in her life after learning about her when I was still in grade school.  She was born on the Eastern Shore and was so instrumental in freeing the slaves.  The exhibits were so well done and so life-like that you felt like they were going to start talking to you.  We all felt like we really learned a lot.  Then, we went down the road about 5 or 6 miles to a seafood restaurant right on the Chesapeake Bay.  A friend had told my son about it and it had gotten rave reviews.  But, I was a little disappointed.  I can get better seafood at a couple places right near me.  But, I did bring home some leftovers, which I will have for dinner tonight.  It was a fun day and lots of good conversation and laughs.  I didn't get home until almost 8 p.m. 

It was a long day, but I wasn't all that tired.  I sit around here doing nothing and I get exhausted.  And, here I was gone all day, and didn't feel bad at all. I like to ride and all that riding didn't bother me at all.  We did stop once or twice to let me stretch my legs.  And, then, there was a lot of walking in the museum.

SO, then, next Sunday is Mother's Day, and I already have plans to go to dinner with my family.  So, I think that will be the end of the celebrating.  It has been fun!

Looks like this page is kind of slow today.

So, to WJoan, Marilyne, Larry, Jenny, Mary Ann, (when she gets in here) and all the other friends,  I hope you all will have a get Sunday afternoon.  Hope the weather is good wherever you all are.

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

HI !  Mary Ann.  I figured that you might sneak in while I was being so busy writing my message.  Glad that you and Dot got to church and out to lunch.  Chocolate pie is one of my favorites.  Sorry about your church friend that has passed away.  Nic that you and Dot will be able to go to the service.

Hope you have a nice afternoon.

Joy
BIG BOX

MarsGal

I missed most of the ships this morning, Mary Ann. I did see one, before light. Those fishing boats were out in the dark too. I noticed that they are not close in to shore and anchored like last week, but are out farther and allowing the boats to drift for a while with the current before revving up the motor and motoring upstream to do it all over again. I take it from the Weekly Fishing Report they they are still going after Walleye, which they say are beginning to pick up.

It has been raining all day, nice and steady, not too heavy. This morning I went out to feed George's cats. The rest of the day has been mostly on the computer, including getting a few lines of Latin ready for class tomorrow. I don't really expect the grass to be dried out very early tomorrow, so I guess after doing the cat run, I'll stop into the grocery store for a few items.

FlaJean

The weather here is warm and sunny.  It rained last night and supposed to get more rain later this afternoon

Joan, I hate to shop but it would be worth it to get those good bargains.

Mary Ann, that chocolate pie sounds so good.  I have to go to the store afterwhile and think I'll get me a Marie Callender chocolate pie.  I usually keep the pie frozen and cut it one piece at a time because my husband won't eat it.  His dessert is always vanilla ice cream.

Larry, some years ago when my youngest daughter was on her honeymoon in Jamaica, she along with some others touring, jumped off a 32 ft cliff into the water.  She said she was shocked at how the jump hurt her tail bone.  My son-in-law wisely decided it was a foolish idea and didn't go along with the "brave??".  I hope the soreness of your fall goes away before long.

Marilyne, on my several visits to Santa Cruz when my daughter lived there, I remember many overcast days but no rain.  She lived maybe a half mile from Monterey Bay in a fairly new area, I think.  I also noticed how biting the cold wind is in the San Francisco area when we visited there.  Also surprising to me are the times we stayed in the Seattle, WA area.  It was always sunny.  You hear how rainy it is there and we never saw rain and have been there 3 times.  We were usually in that area mostly in late September and early October.

Larry peeked in the birdhouse the other day and there were 4 blue eggs.  Today we saw another bluebird checking out the other birdhouse.  They had a nest in the first house and we didn't even realize because we  didn't see them putting the sticks and grass in for the nest.  I hope they make a nest in the second house. That birdhouse is directly across from the back door and we can see it better.

Hi to everyone I didn't mention.  Joy, the trip to Eastern Shore and the museum really sounds interesting.  I think the seafood restaurants in the Inner Harbor are probably the best of any place anywhere.  Everybody in my family tells tales about how bad I am when it comes to directions.  When we lived in Maryland I got up the nerve one day and took my mother to the Inner Harbor for lunch.  We had such a good time and got caricatures done by an artist there.  Of course, I did get lost on the way back but managed to find Ft. Meade and went thru the base to the back gate and found the way back home.  That wasn't the first or last time I had gotten lost traveling and my mother just enjoyed the whole thing.  That was in the days of no cell phones and probably GPS.  After my father died, my mother lived with us for about 30 years and the two of us occasionally went out for lunch,  it was something she had never done and she really enjoyed.

Hope I didn't bore you all with such a long post.  Have a good day!

Denver

A good Sunday Afternoon HELLO to EVERYFRIEND!

It is CINCO de MAYO, a day that is celebrated here in Colorado with our extreme Hispanic Communities. 

We made it to my cousins birthday and enjoyed seeing him and his family.  It was almost a 40 minute drive so we did not stay too long as we had to pick Grandson Luke up at a birthday party he was attending.  His granddaughters husband is Hispanic, and loves to cook.  He made shrimp cocktail in a huge pot, and it was absolutely delicious.  So flavorful.  A bit on the spicy side, but not too too hot!  That is all I had, but Bob also had chicken tacos and the usual fixings and said they were really yummy.  All of the cousins little great grands were there and he wanted them to all experience fixing a banana split, so that was in place of the cake.  We left long before it was time for that, but I know everyone enjoyed it. 

We picked Luke up and headed to Dave's Home.  We all, including a Michele, laying on the sofa, watched the Kentucky Derby.  We all picked our horses.....Bob, Dave and I enjoyed a Mint Julep, and then enjoyed grilled Brats and picnic fixings for dinner.  It was fun and enjoyable.  I have to admit, Michele does not look good at all.  The darn chemo is so hard on the body.  The Derby ended very interestingly with the horse in first place being disqualified......as many of you probably know.  My chosen hourse then became #2, and that made me smile.  I chose him because of his name, CODE OF HONOR, inspite of him being #13! IF only I had money on him! Hahahha

JOY, I really enjoyed reading about your family outing yesterday.  I have heard of HARRIT TUBMAN, but am not really aware of all she had done.  I will check her out now and will look forward to reading more about her, thanks to you. 

FlaJEAN, I had to smile as I read your comments about weather in the SF Area......one of the coldest and the hottest days I have ever experienced where in the Bay Area! 

MARYANN, always nice to read that you and Dot enjoyed your Church service and a meal at the Cholesterol Pit!  What a name....it just makes me laugh! 

WJOAN, I am sorry to read about Candy.....I did not know she is having such a problem. I do hope she can get some help.  Good for you getting new  "BRITCHES" that fit!

I am off to snap some green beans for dinner. 

I must again say that I am so appreciative of all of your loving support and prayers.  It helps me through the day knowing that so many care about Michele and our family.  God bless you all. 

💞💞Jenny 
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

WOW!  So many long posts - I love them. 

Jenny, the Cholesterol Pit is a name Norm and/or Dot gave to our hamburg joint because everything is fried - or maybe almost everything.  The real name is Mr Burger and I have used that name occasionally.  Usually we both share the pie (always a cream pie) and the Tuna Melt.  They're very nice and give us two plates for our shares.  We start out with the pie and coffee while they're fixing the Tuna Melt.  Receipts have a number on them and they call your number when your food is ready.  You go after the food and there's no tipping that way.  Their coffee is better than Mc Ds, at least the decaf.  Once in a while Dot will get a hankering for an olive burger so she gets one and I have a plain hamburger - always with the pie and coffee.  Mr Burger is a local chain with seven restaurants around town.

I am so sorry about Michele and wish and hope things will improve.  Her illness is so hard on the entire extended family.

Joy what an excursion you had and isn't it nice you did not feel tired afterward.  But what about today?  Did the tiredness catch up with you?  I know I can go to Indy for a few days, do things, but not over exert and feel fine and after I get home, I'm wiped out for a couple of days.  Kind of delayed tiredness. 

Jean, I've seen commercials where people jumped off a cliff to water below and that's not for me.  It's interesting that your daughter was the braver one, but your SIL was smarter!

MarsGal, that is a wide river, isn't it?  While it is on the other side of my state, that's how close I am to another country.  I won't say I've been there many times, but I have been to Canada both across the Blue Water Bridge at Port Huron and the International Bridge at the Soo.  And I've flown into Canada too.  Come to think of it,  I've gone through Detroit too.  I haven't looked at the ship urls since I got up from my nap.

Joan, I either missed or forgot about Candy's health problem.  Didn't she move away from you?  Or is she still there. 

Tom came home after church and napped.  I've heard him downstairs but he hasn't gone anywhere - yet.  He did go to Holland yesterday and I have no idea when he came home; all I know is that I woke about 3 am and the light was off. 

I'm watching golf with the sound off.  I recognize many of the names, but lots of the better-known players are not on this tour; they're in Missouri. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

I'm also happy to see all the long posts, since I was here this morning.  Lots of interesting messages from everyone who posts in this folder.  :thumbup:

Jenny - I'm glad that you got to celebrate your cousin's birthday yesterday!   I was thinking it was your Dad's b-day as well, but I guess that was a couple of weeks ago?  Time goes by so quickly, that sometimes I think an event is about to happen, only to find out that it's already come and gone!
Regarding the Kentucky Derby - I felt bad that there was so much controversy, and nit-picking of the results. It was scary to see those poor horses racing on that rain soaked track! 

Good to hear that Michele felt like watching the Derby.  That's a good sign. Sorry to hear that she doesn't look good, but that's to be expected.  Chemotherapy, is terribly hard on the body, and it takes a long time to begin to feel and look like yourself again. 

Joy - It sounds like a great weekend for you, and your family as well!  As you reminded me, next Sunday is Mother's Day, so I hope to be seeing two of my adult children.  Our oldest lives too far to come, but she will be here the first or second week in June, for a longer stay.

Jean - Santa Cruz, can be very unpredictable, when it comes to weather. The fog often rolls in, and stays for weeks at a time, in the summer.  We live on the other side of the mountain, so the fog rarely makes it's way over the top - even though it's less than 20 miles from us.  We used to go over there for lunch or dinner quite often, but not so much anymore.
Keep us posted on the Blue Bird eggs!

Joan - Glad you got some pants that fit well.  Size 10, is Good! :)   I'm also sorry to hear that Candy, is still having health problems.  That's been going on a long time, and I hope it's resolved soon.

MarGal - I've been wondering about your nieces wedding in Singapore?  It sounded like it was going to be such a beautiful event.  Did your sister end up going?  I remember you said she was having serious back problems, but I hope she was well enough to attend?

Lindancer

Good afternoon, with more liquid sunshine.  Nice to see a photo of Jack in the random shots

WJoan, wish I could say I am losing weight, but a I have  edema and have gained 3 lbs.  So sorry your daughter is still
ill.
Sandy, I think Fe, is going to grow into a beautiful young lady.  She is so cute now

Larry, i know I am going down hill fast. Afew weeks ago I was able to go everywhere.  Now they are bringing me a wheel chair. I want to go to the bank and get some things straighten out.

Mary Ann, you know in my mind I could do so much, but just walking down the hall I am tired.  As Larry has said, people come in and say how surprised they are to see me looking so good, the same as they say to him

Larry and Mary Ann, to days paper show Tigers yacht tied to a pier in Oyster Bay. I guess he's already here to play in the Open. There is going to be some pressure on him to play well

Joy, sounds like you had a full day

Jean,I am not sure if I ever saw a blue bird

Jackie, we are all thinking about you with prays and hugs

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

wjoan

Mary Ann, Candy has been going to different doctors for almost two years.  So far they have done NOTHING to help her.  She finally found a Primary Doctor who has been taking care of little things but she can only do so much.  The Specialists do not seem to want to help her.  Hope the one she is seeing in the morning will do something.

MarsGal

Marilyne thanks for reminding me to check on the wedding website. They were unable to get do a live feed of the wedding like they hoped, and nothing is posted to the site yet. No, Barb did not go. Everyone should be back home by now, except maybe for Erik and his friend. They went off to Cambodia before coming back. I don't know how long they were going to stay.

Well, it is too wet to mow the lawn this morning, so after feeding George's cats, I am off to the grocery store.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Our day is starting out with nice sunshine but it is suppose to be partly or mostly cloudy all day long.  Yesterday turned out to not be a very good day as around noon I had another bad call here in my office.  I had been up and using the walker and was ready to sit down at my desk.  I reached back of me for my the arm of my office chair while holding onto one handle of my walker.  I am not sure what happened but some way I lost my balance and fell backward to the floor.  Of course I couldn't get up but finally was able to move out enough so that I could lay down and Pat called Scott, who came right out and was able to lift me upright again.  I landed on my sore tail bone and then my back hit my waste can.  Fortunately I did not hit my head and I broke nothing.  However, I have a bigger and darker bruise at my tail bone and two very large bruises on my back plus several other smaller bruises on my arms.  I dreaded last night but took 2 Tylenol and was able to lay on my sides rather than my back and I slept without pain all night, which was a very pleasant surprise.  It took me an hour this morning to get dressed and out of the bedroom so moving very slowly.  This morning I made a change in where I have my side table so that it is back of me in the area where I fell yesterday.  This is the beginning of the 5th month since the deterioration of my health started and it has been a steady downhill rather than getting better as I had hoped.   Fortunately I have no doctor's appointment until Wednesday morning so plan a quiet day today.  I read all of the postings in the discussions when I went to bed last night using my iPhone.  I am going to just check in today as really don't feel like sitting here at my desk this morning.

Mary Ann

Oh, Larry, that is scary that you fell again.  I have no words of wisdom because I know you are as careful as can be.  Falls just happen.  I hope your tailbone gets better soon.  I know how it feels to have a sore tailbone because when I was a kid, I was on a seesaw with another girl and she got off while I was in the air.  I went down with a plop and I hurt for some time after that. 

Tom has been out to breakfast and picked up the groceries.  He had not gotten the groceries for some time and we had little to eat other than frozen dinners.  Tom is feeling somewhat better but not really good.  He does not have any plans for today but I am sure he'll find somewhere to go or maybe a friend will ask him to lunch. 

I am going to try to do some sorting of the materials Robin put in the living room.  I have not done a thing with that since last Wednesday. 

The sun is shining and our temperature is around 60 degrees.  Radar shows rain in the area but I haven't seen any of that.

MarsGal, I hope you can see videos of the wedding soon.  If you can't, the wedding will be "old hat" and you won't care. 

Take it easy, Larry!  Easier said than done, I know.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Larry Hanna...
...I am getting rather concerned over you, two falls in five days...
" There is no present like the time "