Random Image

Sun

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallieOK

Good Morning from a soggy central Oklahoma,

If it continues to rain like the forecasters say - dils and I will have to reschedule the plant shopping trip.

Gloria,  re:  your dump cake:  do you mix melted butter with the cake mix and "drop" it on top of the pie filling or spread the dry cake mix over the pie filling and then drizzle the melted butter over it?  My mother did it that way and my other recipe mixes the butter/cake mix - and then tops it with slivered almonds.  I think this looks better - but Mother's easy way tastes just as good.
Have you tried apple pie filling with Spice cake mix?  Yummy in the fall and winter.

A friend wanted to meet for lunch "some time soon" so I invited her to come today for Easter left-overs - and she accepted.  I always keep a bag of slider sandwiches in the freezer so will have those along with the pasta salad and chocolate dessert.  Even had some pickles and carrots left from the relish tray.  What a deal!  ;) [/size]

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.[/size]

Amy

Jane, Lloyd beat us both here this morning. Both these dogs love yogurt, when I make it I save the whey and they also like that on their food.
We went into town and oh my the flooding has began. One Tim Hortons now has a ramp to get through the take out area. Another business is closed as it is surrounded by water! They say we have 2 days of rain to look forward to and that won't help matters.

Getting some sewing done and noticed I had one block sewn in upside down so had a date with Jack.the seam ripper. Now it is sewn back in the right way.

Callie and Gloria , you both are making me hungry with that cake!! Now I am thinking chocolate cake and cherry pie filling???

Back to sewing..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES 🎂 
💐 MARYANN 💐

Crazy day here....we have been trying to get new skylights installed since last September and it finally happened today.  It is so bright in my living room I am afraid I may get a sunburn!  Many times we have been ready to move on and tell this guy who installed them that we are no longer interested because of the delays.  The old ones were the original ones and they were still in good condition however in the winter so much cold air would come down and the thought was that they were a double layer plastic material and these are a clear double glass.  We were told these are made here, so a local company and that it should make all the difference in the world.  We shall see.  Now let's hope they also will not let too much heat!

I loved reading about all the Easter meals and time with families that you all have shared.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. 

We did enjoy our time with Dave and the family and our meal was delicious.  Michele looked so tired and very pale, but she did eat with us then went straight up to bed.  My heart just aches for her.  I know many go through this awful time with chemo/radiation, but I sure wonder HOW?  The meds are just poison and do so much damage to the system.  Thank you all again for your continued support of positive thoughts and prayers. 

JANE, I just want you to know that I did NOT laugh at you having to clean the dropped yogurt off of,the floor.  I am smiling that the yard person is going to be able to get started on his part of your NEW yard. 

PHYLLIS, sorry to read about your washer dying on you....I have had to wring out soaking wet clothes
Before and I know what a hard task that is!  I hope you were able to find a replacement pair and know that it is true they will never ever last as long as your old ones😢😢

LARRY, I hope by now you are at home and resting after your tests and blood work today.  I certainly hope you will get good results from them soon.

I am worried that we have not had a post from you, SHIRLEY, since Easter.  I do hope you are doing OK? 

I wish EVERYFRIEND a good day.

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Thanks again, Jenny and Sandy.  It'll be a long week since we will get together on Saturday.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Happy Birthday, Mary Ann! Happy Birthday, Mary Ann!

Jenn, sorry I've been missing but cannot get my head straight. I honestly did not know Plavix could have so many side effects and after reading the list am comforted to know all these things going on with my body actually have an excuse! Every time I think of what Michele is going through I feel guilty for complaining, but my body is so angry at having anything pumped into it's system, it rebels in every way. So far I have not called the cardio's office to even set up an appointment to discuss having the valve replaced, my head and body are not ready for another invasion. I told my kids that I don't want to become that little old lady sitting in the corner of a nursing home waiting for someone to feed me because "pills" have taken over my mind. I would rather have one good year of being ME than a dozen years of being a zombie. This doctor does not believe I am serious about this and I am not mentally ready to meet him head on. Do I have a problem??!!!

Temps really dropped today, a little rain & that damp cold that chills to the bone. I did get to Sam's Club & bought a beautiful box of strawberries & those yummy pound cakes to put them on (& Cool Whip over that). Food sounds good until I have a bite & it sticks in my throat, another of the side effects... but soup is going down pretty good. Today the tummy aches so I remind myself of how much worse Michele is than me. All I have to do is close my eyes & go back to sleep. Do not know if it is better to just sleep this off or if lack of exercise will do more harm. The procedure and drugs hit last Wednesday but Plavix only started Sat. Got the dye out of my body & whatever he added to the IV, but the head is not clearing up so I can take charge.

I have been to read several times a day but taking care of the cats & myself, as well as keeping up with the house is all I am getting done. Don't worry about me, I know taking Plavix is NOT fatal, I just feel crappy.  :crazy2:

Prayers on going for every friend in need, I fall asleep talking to God & Fitbit tells me that I am always asleep in less than 5 minutes... condensed prayers, but sincere!

Amy

:hb3:  :hb2: Happy Birthday Mary Ann  enjoy you special day. :hb3:  :hb2:  :hb2:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Amy and Shirley, thank you both for the birthday greetings.  I don't feel a day older than yesterday!

Shirley, I'm so sorry you are having problems or after effects from your meds.  You are probably the only person I have heard of who is so sensitive to meds.  I think you're right to confront your doctor and give him the facts. 

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Mary Ann, I think you have joined  HAPPY BIRTHDAY

sHIRLEY I have been taken plavix for years.   because of hada bad reaction to coumadin

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria de, yes, I joined you today.  I don't know how I got this far as I never expected it.  I'm fortunate that I feel quite good despite my age - I do have the usual aches and pains.  We'll party Saturday.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Happy Birthday, Mary Ann!  Enjoy your day!

I'll join your celebration on Saturday!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...
Looks like it may rain.again..  Need to take hubby into foot clinic then to get blood drawn then home.I would like to finish off that quilt but I doubt it, it will have to go in next time we head to the city.

Shirley, hope you are feeling better today..

Better go let the pup out..

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Woke with a sore eye this morning, feels like something in it. Might have to send my CNA to the pharmacy for some eyedrops. Feels better with it closed but hard to do when trying to read to type here.

MARY ANN  HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Sorry not replying. Think I will turn the TV on and lay on the couch and listen to it with my eyes closed.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Mary Ann, I'm sorry I am a day late.  Happy Birthday! Enjoy your weekend party with family.

"Jack.the seam ripper"   Oh, Amy, you gave me such a good laugh.  I hadn't heard that one before even though I've used a seam ripper MANY times.

Gloria, I know appliances aren't built to last as long as they used to but at my mature age I doubt that I'll care if the new ones will last another 25 or 30 years.   :D   If they just work right and last until I no longer am able to do household chores, then I don't really care.

I found a new washer/dryer set that is very similar to my old set.  I can only hope that they will serve me as well as these have.  The downside is that they will not be delivered until May 4th.  So, it is off to the washateria for me today.  I DO NOT like hand washing and wringing wet clothes.  Thank goodness, the dryer is still working.

I hope everyone gets through their duties for the day in an easy way and that all goes well for you.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a gorgeous, sunshiny day in Central PA!  I'll be off to greet my public at WM in a bit. 

PHYLLIS, too bad you don't live in this area.  If you dealt with my son for your washer, it would be there and hooked up ready to go today!  He takes good care of his customers.

I wish you all a good day....especially you SHIRLEY!  You can beat this thing! 

phyllis

Blessings on your son, Jane.  I don't think that kind of service exists around here any more.  I'm so happy to know that someplace in this world there is a business that still thinks the customer is important.  Or, as my dad always said, "The customer is always right!  (Even if he isn't.)"  ;)
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

PHYLLIS, my FIL who started this store, used to say that exact same thing! Right down to the (even if he isn't

Joy

Good morning.  Another pretty sunny day.  Yesterday was beautiful  and I did get a chance to sit outside for a little while.  It was close to 80º and felt wonderful.  Today is supposed to be a little cooler, but still , at least the sun is shining.

MARY ANN,  I am sorry that I missed your birthday yesterday.   So, I am sending you belated Happy Birthday wishes a day late.
I hope you had a nice day.  And, whatever you are planning on for Saturday, I hope that  turns out  to be a Happy Day !!  I think you are amazing !

Nothing special going on.  But, I did want to say Hello !

I hope everyone is feeling good this morning and that you have a wonderful day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Thank you all for the belated birthday greetings, I do appreciate them.  And I'm glad I'm still around to get them!

Jane, the family is having a party for me on your birthday.  We will go to a nearby country club and there should be around 15-20 people there - my family is small and a couple of them are in California.  What excites me is that three of Norm's greats will be there - two 2-years olds and a 3-year old.  The two-year old know me, but I haven't seen the three-year old since she was less than a year old.  Her family lives near Lansing MI and they don't get this way often. 

Phyllis, I moved to this condo almost 38 years ago and my washer lasted until a couple of years ago; the dryer was still working but had had a heat unit replaced.  I'm on my 3rd refrigerator and 2nd range.  We just replaced the lighting fixtures in the two baths and in my upstairs bath you can see every pore in my face!  Tom got 60w bulbs - 3 of them and they do light up the place.  For 38 years, I am not unhappy about the length of service from any of them.  For many of those years I was alone, but not all of them.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  I was just about ready to hit the posting button and my finger hit some key and I lost my posting.  It is a beautiful morning, bright and clear and will be in the high 80's again today.  My tests went well yesterday with most of the time involved was registering and waiting to be called.  I was gone for 2 hours but it really left me tired. 

The Dish Tech has been here and gone.  He worked very quickly installing the new equipment and getting everything working.  The old equipment is now in the process of transferring the recordings that Pat had saved to the new equipment.  The old Hopper would hold up to 200 hours of recording on 3 channel while this new one will do 500 hours on 16 channels.  The transfer process may take a day or longer so they will be sending me a box with a prepaid label to return the old equipment when the transfer is complete. 

Scott will be here late this afternoon and friends from my Sunday School class are bringing us the Wednesday night dinners from the Church.  The told the girls they could eat out and then come on over and we would reimburse them for the cost of their meals.  This way Pat wouldn't have to do any cooking today.

Gloria, my wife has made many dump cakes and I agree they are delicious although it has been awhile since we have had one.  My day yesterday went OK although I was exhausted for the rest of the day but hadn't been feeling up to par before we left for the appointment.  I was most thankful that Scott could take me as wasn't up to the walking that would have been involved had Pat had to take me and she was glad he was available.  A sore eye is very uncomfortable.  I spend a lot of time laying in bed with my eyes closed and sometimes in my easy chair when I don't feel up to using the iPad in the late afternoon.   

Jane, at least you didn't have to clean up are of the yogurt by yourself as your dogs wanted to help.

Callie, I think the rains you had yesterday will be headed over our way by Friday.  It sounds like you had a good meal with your friend yesterday and visiting at home is much quieter than in a restaurant and you aren't hurried to give up your table. 

Amy, sure glad your place isn't subject to flooding.  Having to close a business is bad for the bottom line or even having the lot partially flooded would discourage customers.  Pat enjoyed the initial sewing but hates the ripping out if necessary. I still have about 2 1/2 weeks before my next appointment with the foot doctor to have my toenails trimmed, something I am just not up to anymore.

Lindancer, I have taken Plavix for years as well except for a brief time when a new cardiologist took me off of it. 

Phyllis, glad you found your new washer and dryer but having to wait for delivery is not good.  I hope the controls for your new equipment are easy to use.  The ones we got a few years have many different setting to deal with and it took me awhile to get used to them.  Since you can bring your wet clothes home to dry will certainly save you some dollars and the washaterias are a bit pricey these days. 

Since a number of you also write in Norm's Bait and Table I haven't added any new comments here for you as said what I had to say there.  However, I have been wordy today.  I guess it helps to get up early as had a 7 am start due to the Dish Tech coming at 8 am and he was here at that time.  He got through in 90 minutes and this left Pat with enough time to go to her gifts group at Church, something she has not done for a fairly long time.  I hope she will have some friends to go out to lunch with if she is not too tired.

JaneS

I had my yearly evaluation at work today and the outcome is that they're going to keep me around for another year.....or until I do something really far out and someone notices and complains!

LARRY, you do sound more like yourself today.  I hope that becomes permanent!

Where's Shirley?

Amy

One down and many more to go, I did get that quilt top done and ready to take in tomorrow! We went into town and the Foot clinic is safe so far from the water but they did sand bag part of the building where blood is drawn....and we haven't reached the crest yet. Wind, water and fire usually go where they want.

Jane, your company knows they have a good employee in you,they sure would be foolish to let you go!!!

Larry, I must admit I too love your post today..please take it easy. Happy to read your tests went well.

Gloria, I hope you got the drops for your eyes and they feel better now.

Phyliss, I date Jack the ripper a lot ,especially when I am not paying attention to how a block is sewn in. I had one upside down :(

Joy, please send some warm air this way. Can you believe the weatherman said maybe snow this weekend???

Off to get all the "stuff " I have to take with me ready for tomorrow..
Jimmy Dean

Lindancer

Good evening, My DIL from Mass. just left. She can not get time off from her job for to long.
Jane, congratulation for good review :thumbup:

Larry, good to see you posting,

Jenny hope all is going well with your dad. You certainly have a full platter.

Mary Ann, do you fell any older? :)

I miss June.

To morrow I have a volunteer come in to see If I would like to go out.Right now I do not think so. I have and aide that comes in 3 times a week, nurse once a week unless I call.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria de - no, I don't feel any different than I did Monday.  But I do realize I've reached an age where my family expects to do things for me, even though I feel many times that I could do them myself.  I let them - better than arguing.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

well It is time to wish you all goodnight and sweet dreams. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

Just stopping by to wish you all a peaceful night's sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wow finally had a perfect spring day yesterday, spent most of the day outside enjoying it. I did send my CNA for some eye drops and right away felt a difference in my eye. It's OK this morning, thank God. 40° now, big drop over night. Have to leave here at 10 for the dentist, one filing and a cleaning. Don't mind, both the dentist and the hygenist are great. Already had my shower so now for breakfast and getting dressed to go out. I am slow with every thing I do these days.

Have a good day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Looking to be a grand day here. We are off to the city ,Kyle has an MRI this afternoon. We are also taking back pants that didn't fit him and I am meeting with my friend to exchange parcels. She is getting 3 quilt tops  to complete or pass on to others as she sees fit.

Gloria ,great to read your eyes are good this morning.

I had better get ready for the day and pack up all we need to take with us.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean