Random Image

My current picture

Owner: Syrinx
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Sandy, you are the "free spirit" that has amazed me how well you adjusted to a completely different life from what you had a few short years ago. I am dead serious, your acceptance of leaving the road to find happiness and satisfaction, accepting even giving up your drawing.... I am speechless and realize I am not letting loose of my freedom nearly as gracefully. For sure, it takes lots of strength to do what you have done. Sincere compliment.

Shirley  .. 

Thanks so much. I reached a point
that my only choice, if I wished to keep
on living "stroke free", was to follow
my Cardio's instructions.. 
Fortunately the meds she has me on
are acceptable to my body.

I do question her each time and
she is very good at keeping me
informed and up to date on
my AFIB condition. (Which is doing well
right now on Coumadin. )

Lucky for  Coumadin is very very
affordable. 

My limited vision is what has taken
its toll on my socializing etc these days.

I prefer not to go out much (one day a
week with my daughter Kelly)..

Since there is nothing I can do to improve
my vision,  I am resigned to making the
best of my world while I still can.  And
I am grateful for what little central vision
that I have left.

If I struggled  with the "cards I have been
dealt" , then I would become very depressed
and give up.  ( Which I am not ready to
do right now! )

Thank you for your nice response to me.

I hope that  you and your body can
work things out so that you do not
have to continue this struggle that
you have to contend with. 

Sandy
 :smitten:   
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

:hb3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE :hb3:

:hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2:  :hb2:

May you be blessed with many more!!!

Hugs

Northern Cuz
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Thank you AMY!  It's been a very special, FAMILY day and I loved every minute of it!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Jane, Happy Birthday.  I'm glad you had such a nice FAMILY day because I did too.  Three of the four little kids were there and that made it very special. 

Mary Ann

Denver

SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES
🎂🎂 JANE  🎂🎂
Best wishes for many more happy years to come💐💐

WHAT A DAY.......it was delightful getting to see three of my four sons today.  We picked oldest Son Kurt up, from youngest Son Brian's Home.  He was here checking on his Vail property that has recently been remodeled.  He had a few things he wanted to do, so we drove around then had lunch before taking him to the airport to fly home to Boston.  Then we had dinner with Dr, Dave and the two boys, as Michele and Kate were at a dance thing for Kate.  After dinner Dave invited us to go watch the playoff game with the Denver Nuggets and the San Antonio Spurs, but to be honest, we had about all the fun we could take and we just wanted to get home, put on jammies and sit in our "rechargers", aka recliners!

MARYANN, your Birthday Party sounded delightful.  I am so happy you enjoyed every minute of it. 

I was not able to post here in the Soda Shop this morning.  Did anyone else have a problem?

JOY, I always appreciate the extra times I am told that you continue praying for Michele, even though I know many of you pray for her daily🙏🙏  Thank you.

Michele had a MRI on Friday of her brain/head to see if the gamma knife treatment indeed got all of the tumors in her head.  She is of course sitting on pins and needles waiting for the report...  The doctors want her to have a PET scan a few days after her 4th chemo treatment, high will be this coming Monday, to see how the tumor is doing on her lung.  IF it is responding well then they want to stop chemo for a month and start radiation.  Oh my, the thought and reality of all of this is so overwhelming.

I hope you all enjoyed a nice day....pleasant dreams,

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

Still Saturday in central Oklahoma so hope I'm not too late to wish

Happy Birthday to Janie!!!!!  

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have sweet dreams.

JaneS

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.  It was a very full day with my family.  It even included a very long facetime call from EMMA in OK.  I got to talk directly to her and then Ali (my granddaughter) followed her around the house on her busy activitie.  She is walking, running, climbing, opening doors, demanding, loving, getting into everything.  It was so nice to be able to SEE her doing her daily things.

We had a fire in the fire pit at my daughters and we reminisced, told stories, remembered family that was gone or wasn't there.  We told some jokes, said some poems, sang some songs, danced some dances and laughed a LOT.  It was a great finish to a great birthday! 

Now I'm waiting for daughter Christy and granddaughter Frankie to get up.  Both their doggies have already joined me and my doggies.  They've all been out and we're waiting for the "boinger" so we can have breakfast.

I wish you all a birthday that you can enjoy as much as I've enjoyed mine.  I was very tired on the way home and I said to my daughter, "I hope to continue HAVING birthdays, but I don't think I'll celebrate them any more."  She said, "I don't think you have a choice".  So next year is another year!

After I got home, I had a long chat with my sister and that ended my birthday on another happy note.

Now I'm off to make doggie food before the boinger goes off.  Enjoy yur day!

Amy

Good morning

Looking to be a nice day.....so far no rain or s***.

A day of rest here..and will just take the day as it comes.

Jane, great to read you had a wonderful birthday..

Carol, that is so frustrating, did you try turning it the other way?

Jenny , prayers continuing for Michele and I am sure our June is putting in a good word for her also.

Larry, may today be wonderful blessed day for you.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Good Sunny,  warm morning here
on the rocky coast of Maine.. 

Happy Birthday Jane!! 

Big incoming day in Duluth....

See the schedule at "Harbor Lookout"
https://harborlookout.com/ships#0

You can stay at the bridge and
the harbor watching boats come in
and depart  continuously  all starting
this morning ... 

Enjoy.. the parade of boats..

Have a good day, Everyone...
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

phyllis

Jane, it sounded like a wonderful birthday for you.  You do have a great and loving family but I'm sure they feel that they have a great and loving mother/grandmother/great grandmother.

Joy, Your experience with Humana Prescription plan is the same as mine.

MaryAnn, I think the "donut hole" that Joy and I mentioned is for Humana Prescription Drug Plan members.  I'm really pretty dumb about understanding all of the different health plans so I'll not say anything more about it for fear I will mislead someone.   :(

It rained sometime during the night but the sun is shining now so I'm hoping it will be as beautiful as it was yesterday.  It was a perfect day.....weatherwise.

Larry, I hope you were able to get your haircut.  It always seems to lift the spirits for a short while.  I'm overdue, too, since I had to cancel my last appointment.  Must call her and make a new one.  BTW, Chicken Caprese is a simple dish made with chicken breasts, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, and either Mozzarella or, in my case, provolone cheese, and baked for 30 minutes or so.  Quick and easy which is why I use the recipe.  I no longer make long, involved recipes with lots of ingredients.  Too much work for this old lady!

Sandy, I love the rocky coast of Maine.  We vacationed there a couple times 'way back when.  It is so beautiful.  I like your attitude about life and your acceptance of it.

Amy, good morning.  Good news that you have had no more dancing to do with the snow blower.  And I hope you and Kyle have a good day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  I just wrote a long message and lost it.

So, I will just say a Belated Happy Birthday to Jane.  I don't know how I missed it yesterday.  But, so happy to hear that you had a wonderful day with your family.  And, how special that you got to "visit" with Emma.  I  am sure that made the day extra special.

I hope that Mary Ann had a good time at her party, also. 

I don't have time right now to repeat my lost message, so I will just wish everyone a Special Happy Sunday.

I will try to get back later. I am going to my son's for an early birthday get together.  They are planning on getting some steamed crabs.  This will be the second time this month to enjoy steamed crabs.  Hope it will be warm enough to sit outside.   They make such a mess, so being outside will help keep the mess all in one area. 

Hope everyone will have a great Sunday, no matter what you have planned.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Just checking in today.  I am too weary to sit at my desk very long.  I also want to wish Jane a belated Happy Birthday.

CallieOK

Good Morning,

I'd love to spend the morning watching boats but family is coming "noonish" to plant all the flowers dils and I bought last week.

I'm not cooking this time.  They may have eaten by the time they get here and, if anyone gets hungry, we'll do take-out. 

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Shirley

Another "Happy Birthday", Jane (if I didn't say it yesterday ::)   ).... My heart nearly bursts with joy reading about your loving family. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I am rushing to get on the road to church so may have to wait until later to post.... had a horrible time after taking that blood thinner yesterday at noon. Difficult to breathe & a whole list of strange aches & pains plus.... son & wife were here & concerned but by the time for them to go home, I convinced them I was okay for the night. I will not be taking another of those pills and told my kids "no more putting this body through such trials.  Woke up at 4:00 am with knees & joints in hands feeling like someone smashed with a hammer, did not even get out of bed.  Then the bloody nose when I got up at 5:00 after having a doozie of a nightmare in that extra hour of sleep. Hopefully the stents won't clog up real fast, a couple good years is better than the fog and strange reactions like yesterday". 

Back from church & breakfast at McDonald's.  Cooler this morning & wind blowing. We hope to paint the fence gates today so wind will dry fast.  Supposed to start raining tonight.  Thoughts and prayers for everyone dealing with "life out of control".... things we can't change and must accept. 

Mary Ann

Shirley, I can't imagine what you go through with the after effects of meds.  It's almost like you're darned if you do and darned if you don't.  The meds are supposed to help you but obviously they don't.

My birthday was not so exciting or busy as Janes, but it was nice to see everyone.  As I mentioned before, three of the four of Norm's greats were there - two-year old twins and a three year old.  They got along very well.  The restaurant put us at a long table away from any other diners and did not put other people in the room until they had to.  Tom set the time at 5 pm so we were early, especially for the couple from the Lansing MI area.  We ordered off the menu and everything went like clockwork.  Small as our family is, one family came from Lansing, one family from Holland and one couple came from Indianapolis (no children).  The rest of us were from around home.

Jane, your birthday sounded like so much fun.

Callie, I'll bet your place looks beautiful with all the flowers you planted, whether in the ground or in pots.  Our weather hasn't settled down enough yet to have things outside.

Tom has left to have supper at an Outback with Annie and her SO and I'm going to see what I can drum up.  I don't need much after last night and this noon.  Come to think of it, I brought home some of my fish sandwich so I'll have that.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Kiran texted me this afternoon to ask if I was home so she and my son (who was out of town yesterday on business) could come over and wish me "Happy Birthday".  I was but Christy had gone to visit her friend and Cindy was visiting a friend in the hospital.  About a half hour after they got here,  Cindy and granddaughter Courtney came and right after that, Christy came.  Not long after, Cathy came by.  They all stayed about another  hour and a half....maybe more....and it was such a pleasure to see all 4 of my kids talking and laughing in my living room!  That just doesn't happen much any more. 

I had fixed home made spaghetti for our lunch and made lots so there would be leftovers.  There weren't any leftovers.  In fact, I needed to cook more pasts.  I must say I'm tired but it's a very GOOD tired and I'd be happy if it happened more often.  I learned things I wasn't aware of and good things are happening in their lives. 

I hope you all have had a great day!  May God be with you and yours, now and forever!

Lindancer

Good evening, what do you know it rained again to day.

Jane I am so happy to read about your wonderful day with your family.

Mary Ann, my same thoughts are with you and your family. I am happy that you had such a lovely time. You are so lucky

Amy, I hope you do not have t say that word snow anymore

.good to see you Carol

Jenny you know that prays ar always with you and your family.

Larry thoughts are always with you along with prays

Got up this morning, alson with Sunday papers there was a large quiche on my doorstep. Just Found out to night who it was from

Friday was not one of my good days, I had a nurse and and aide here. breathing better to day

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Temp is 16° with hopes of warming up some. Today is to be nice but rain is coming the rest of the week.

Need to take vehicle in for an oil  change plus I want them to check out the air conditioning also.If we can get this done early today we may take off to the city Kyle wants his glasses changed from a bi focal to just one glass.

Joy, I have never had crab but if it is as good as lobster it would be tasty. What parts do you eat on the crab?

Mary Ann, Sounds as if you had a wonderful birthday too...Happy belated birthday if I didn't mention it before.

Gloria de, you have caring neighbours, nice that they surprise you with treats. Hope you feel better today.

Phyliss, I even snuck in a nap yesterday..I like quick and easy recipes. On Sat, I made spaghetti with meat sauce.....too lazy to make meat balls. I did it in the Instant Pot..........took all of 9 min to cook!!

Gloria, hope you are ok??

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  When I opened S&F today, it said that I have 1 personal message.  I can't figure out how to open it.  HELP!!!  It still says under my name that there is a message.  Where is is?

Amy

Jane
Click on the number..yours is 1 so click and it will open for you.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Frost on all the cars and roo this morning but NO RAIN today. Got my new glasses but things are blurry so will have to call and see what I can do about them.All I needed changed in the bifocals was the reading part and he changed the distance and every thing is blurry.

JOY  when I went to the dentist last week the girl gave me a sample of the Act for dry mouth. I have been using it already and fine I no longer wake with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. So it is working for me.

AMY  keep that snow north of the border, PLEASE!

LLOYD  as a vet I am sure we do not mind you getting your meds free, all vets deserve it.

LARRY  I had tried about every thing for dry mouth and then I heard about the Act on TV and asked my CNA to get a bottle for me. It has to be used twice a day to work and it has helped me. Have had it a little over a week and have not had the dry mouth.

JENNY  every time I have to go anyplace it takes about 3 days for me to rest up from it. Best to stay home for me. I have Michelle in my prayers, too. Too young with small children.

JANE  looks like you had the best birthday ever. So good to have so many family members there with you.

PHYLLIS  have you ever tried the Bisquick recipe for oven fried chicken? It is easy and comes out nice and crispy like it was fried and not baked.

SHIRLEY  I have been lucky so far to have no reaction from any meds.

AMY  you had to bring up lobster. It has been a long time since I had one. I no longer have a pan big enough to boil one in.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Good morning!  It is cloudy this morning but warmer. Normally, this would be laundry day but since I am still without a washing machine I'll find something else to do.  Have been hand washing small things and I have had about enough of that!  If David decides to take his laundry to the laundromat I may sneak some jeans and knit shirts in with his laundry.  That new washer better get here on time (Saturday) and it better work right!  :knuppel2:

Shirley, I'm sorry that your body is so sensitive to medicine.  Sometimes we just have to do what we feel is the best thing in spite of what the doctor tells us.  You tried it his way now it is time to try it yours.  I have my fingers crossed that it will go well for you.

Gloria de, I hope today will be better for you, too, and you won't have to call for help again.  Thank goodness, you have good neighbors who look after you.  I wouldn't mind finding a quiche on MY doorstep.   ;)

Gloria, I hadn't remembered about the Bisquick Chicken.  Used to do it many years ago when I had the whole family to cook for.  I'll have to try it again when I have more chicken on hand.  I only use chicken breasts now but it would work on those just as well, I think.  Thanks for the reminder. 

To all of you, I pray that today will be good and peaceful with no pain and no worries.
phyllis
Cary,NC

so_P_bubble

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another beautiful day but suppose to hit 90 degrees this afternoon.  I spent about 20 hours laying in bed yesterday and still had a good nights sleep.  I still don't feel very rested this morning but am determined to be up more today.  Pat said she wants to get a haircut today and if I feel up to it I will go along and get mine cut as well as I am beginning to look pretty shabby.  That is all that is on the schedule for today other than resting. I will try to offer a few comments today and am reading what everyone as shared since I read yesterday.  Thank you all for missing me and that is why I try to at least check in each morning.

Shirley, I think the stents these days are medicated and not as likely to clog up as fast as the old type used to do.  Sorry you had such a bad reaction to just one little pill. 

Jane, you had a good reason to be tired but sure that it was well worth it. 

Lindancer, you are always in my prayers as well.  Glad your breathing was better yesterday. 

Amy, have you ever tried the meat balls from Costco.  They are not as good as homemade but sure a lot easier.  Pat just puts the frozen meal balls in the Instant Pot with the spaghetti and sauce and it does make a very quick meal. 

Gloria, because of her fibromyalgia Pat stays away  from anything with mint in it as it blocks the effectiveness of the medicine she uses for it and has helped her for many years. 

Bubble, glad you are finally having some warmer sunny days.

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well I have been up for about 2 hours been on the phone most of that time with a short break to eat morning meal. I have a dish dome on the r v and it is in the previous owners Name all I am getting from dis is run a round. cloudy here and ceiling for thunder storms and or tornado storms one. hope they miss that calling. Have a great day,

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

I have two stents for several years so far to date no problems with them.
my problem is shortness of breath toooo fat. sea food diet see food and eat it.

Lloyd

Denver

Sadly, I do not have a good news from Michele's MRI.  They saw six more very small spots on her brain. Dave was quite upset when he called, and he just needed someone to talk to.  He did not know anything about what this will mean regarding Michele's continued treatment, and he did not was to guess at what it might mean.  My heart just aches for him.  He had a break in patients around 11, so he drove down to the hospital she is having her chemo treatment at today to be with her when they told her the results.  He then had to get back to see patients.  It is a 30 minute drive each way, but he just wanted to be with her.  Thank you all again so much for your continued support and prayers.  I really have no one I could really call and tell this news.  I want Dave to be able to tell his brothers, unless he asked me to do it. It is times like this that I really miss my mama.  Right now my dad has enough to deal with and he has been rather confused the last couple of days, so I did not really want to call him with upsetting news. 

JANE and MARYANN, I do not think there could be a finer way to celebrate a birthday than to be with our family members....and out doors with everyone playing games and chatting would be my intimate wish!  I am very happy for both of you to have enjoyed your days so much❣️

I must run, as we have to pick Kate up from school in 30 minutes. 

Hope your day is going well, EVERYFRIEND❣️

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

Jenn, I am so very sorry about Michele's MRI. I understand how difficult it is to "give up" what modern science has to offer, but I also know the value of having the remaining time being more pain free and in control. So very hard to have young children and make those choices, I've known younger & older that took both paths and there is no help deciding for anyone else, each has to make that choice. My heart cries for all of the family. I am SO sorry. Prayers for a miracle and more prayers that everyone can be strong for each other.

JaneS

JENNY, I, too offer prayers daily for Michele and for the rest of the family who suffer with her.  She is in my thoughts daily and whenever I think of her or of you, I say a quick prayer.

I was so tired when I got home from work today that I didn't want to do anything.  I did pick up some items on the way home and then took care of the doggies, inside and outside.  I did a few things that needed done around the house and then I LOAFED, BIG TIME.  I'm beginning to feel a bit better and after a good night's sleep I should be back to normal.

My best wishes to all for good health, good rest and may God be with you.