Random Image

Dumdiddys

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe of April 01,2018

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2018, 01:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Larry yes I  even a few miles south of the Mason Dixon Line. it was to my knowledge that it ran through the center of Lonjack MO. running along US 50 highway.
but no problem here. except the weather is very cold, 27º while ago when I went to town according to the tem. checker in the car. wend is coming out of the north east here enough to blow right in the shop door,which i have long boom and panels laying through so can't shut it. so I just put the new plugin
On the extinction cord and came to the house. I there isn't another day wont matter anyway. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Denver

I am so sad to post this news.......just saw it on FaceBook.  A post about Our Joan from her son Joe.  🙏🙏🙏

Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.  Mom passed away peacefully in her sleep this weekend.  We are working on the arrangements now for a small funeral in Alabama on Wednesday followed by a burial next to Dad in New York.  Details forthcoming...
🙏🙏🙏
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble

Oh Denver - such sad news indeed.

I can only add that it is a relief from the suffering of this last year.
My most sincere condolences to Joan's son and the family.

Shirley

Thank you for bringing the news from Joe, Jenny & Bubble, sad news for all of us.  May she rest in peace, it has been a long journey for her.

CallieOK

Yes, thank you, Joe, Jenny and Bubble.
So many wonderful memories of Joan's leadership in the Soda Shoppe.  She will be remembered with love.

Denver

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Thanks, Jenny, for posting Joan's obit.  I had looked for it, but too early.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I was thinking about Joan this weekend and wondering....She is at peace now.  I have a good memory of meeting her in Arkansas on my way to Texas some years ago.  She was special and she will be missed!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Jenny, thank you so much for the post of our dear Joan's death. I miss her so much, and have missed her for a long time now. But I know she is with the God she worshiped and the husband she loved. And so many of our Seniors that have gone before her. There will be great rejoicing in Heaven. And she is still as close as a prayer.

I just had a late supper at home.  Feeling low, missing my Bis…..Joan. She was such a special lady. Did a lot of suffering with the lupus, now she is with the God that created her. I am so thankful to have had her while we did.

Nothing newsworthy here so I will bid you all a very Good night and a happy tomorrow. My Love, Hugs, and Prayers are with you. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm up this morning and still missing our Joan.  I send Everyfriend a very Good Morning wish.  The doggies and I are waiting out their pill time and then I'll be off to WM to greet my public. 

Yesterday was a fun day!  I waited till Kiran and her friend got up and then visited with them for a while.  When they were ready, we went to McDonalds for lunch and while they spent some time in the play area, I had a little chat with a father of 4 from New York State.  They were on their way to Washingto DC to soak up some history and were hoping that the cherry blossoms might be starting. 

I hope you all have a lovely day.  Do with it whatever you wish.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

thanks Jenny Please do not take the link away too soon I want to when my grand daughter gets home in a few days help me put it in a folder and keep it.

Lloyd

phyllis

Thank you, Jenny, for letting us know about Joan.  She has been missed here for a long time and I will remember her as someone that was always kind, generous, and helpful.

Gray day here.  I plan to do some much needed housework so it will be, hopefully, just an ordinary day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are headed for another beautiful day and the people attending the Master's will certainly appreciate it.  This is a practice day for the pros but they sell tickets to attend that as well as the actual tournament so things are well underway in Augusta.  It is now in the mid-50's but we are headed to around 85 this afternoon.  This should be a quiet day as have nothing special on my calendar.  We might go out and eat our main meal of lunch time as Pat hasn't been out for several days.

I had an interesting day yesterday as I went to the AT&T store to have the SIM card on Pat's phone checked only to find out they no longer had the ability to do that on the type of phone she had.  I also found out why the phone had stopped working because a couple of days ago AT&T did a system update that made the phone obsolete.  I asked if they had a small flip phone like she prefers and they did, although it wasn't on display where they showed on the iPhones and Samsung Galaxy smart phones.  I bought the phone for Pat as it was actually a few dollars less than what I had spent for the VOCA, which is now useless and will be returned to Amazon for a refund.  They no longer had the equipment to transfer the contacts from her VOCA phone to the new AT&T phone.  However, when I got home and found the on line manual if said I could sign in to her Gmail account and it would download the contacts.  I had a frustrating time doing that but eventually accomplished that and saved a ton of work in trying to re-enter her contacts manually.  So now she should have a reliable phone.  Then yesterday afternoon the AC service tech came and checked out the A/C.  He found that something had caused a pressure problem that had shut down the A/C.  The unit is fine and he told me what to do if it happens again, which I documented so I wouldn't forget.  I was relieved that it wasn't a serious problem.  He didn't know why it had happened as apparently is not something he sees very often but said it was to protect the unit.  So now we once again have A/C in time for the 85 degrees this afternoon.  Last evening we finished up our Easter dinner left overs except for some turkey and a couple of pieces of pie.  Then at 9 pm I turned on the basketball game and watched Villanova beat Michigan pretty severely as they won the National Championship. 

I do hope no one has purchased that VOCA phone based on my previous comments about it.  It really is a nice little phone but now obsolete, at least for AT&T.  It appears all of the phones are now using the nano sim cards rather than the larger ones. 

Jenny, thanks for sharing the news about Joan.  I was just thinking of her this morning.  She fought a long and hard fight but always brightened the lives of other.  She certainly was a faithful member of our on line family.  I know her family will miss her. 

Jane, I saw a picture a few days ago that showed the cherry blossoms in bloom and I expect they still are if they didn't get frozen.  Year ago, when we lived in Maryland, we went down to DC and walked among the Cherry blossoms.  They are quite a sight. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 27° so winter temperature is still here. Rain coming in later but sunny now. My son will be taking me to my appointment this afternoon.  Hope to get some stronger glasses this time. Getting hard to read because the print is getting small.

JENNY  over the week end for some reason I kept thinking about JOAN and wondering how she was doing. Thank you for the news, so sad but she is no longer suffering and is with her husband and with God. She will be missed by many who never met her in person.

BUBBLE  thanks for the forum for Joan. Now to find something to add there. I know I will always miss her.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

In my prayers
Terri McPherson

As you make your way
through a fog of tears,
a landslide of heartache
and multiple fears,

I'll remember you
in my prayers.

While God holds you safe
in the palm of His hand
and sends His angels
to help you stand,

I'll remember you
in my prayers.

Each minute you long
for peace and rest,
courageously fighting
this willful test,

I'll remember you
in my prayers.

When a ray of hope
pierces the night
and your faith is renewed
by the heavenly sight,

I'll drop to my knees
and thank the Lord
for the grace of prayer
and your spirit restored.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

so_P_bubble

Bye Bye Joan, you were such an important part of S&F.  Even when you got ill and were not able to post on line, your presence was felt and our thoughts turned to you while hoping to see you back.

Filling your shoes is impossible but Soda Shoppe will remain active: your memory shall live on here with all of us who got to know you in real life or only on the net.

Rest In Peace dear Joan.

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Yesterday was not a good day! We left here to go to the city for hubby's appointment only to run into a bit of snow but nothing really to worry about........till we got closer to the city!. Then it was horrible, the snow packed road turned into a skating rink with cars going every which way, stopping was done way back of the lights as you didn't stop , you slid. Tractor trailers were stuck on hills, one man in a car had attempted to go up a hill only to stop, then a young man came by on foot and turned his around by hand!!. I was so happy to get to our destination. One lady there told my  she has just put new snow tires on only to not be able to stop at a light but kept on coming.  As the day wore on the snow did melt baring the roads,so I phone son and told I'm we would come out.

Meeting the new addition was  a delight.....not to nose as I opened the door, his back is taller than the kitchen table .Thankfully this tall dark and handsome is well behaved, for some reason or other the kids didn't think that Cole should come home with us....I would have gladly taken him!

Bubble,thank you for the information on Joan and Jenny thank you for the obit. Joan will always be a special lady in our hearts. Knowing she is with God now makes the hurt  bearable. Can picture Joan ,Jeannee Lee and Hal together now.

Larry, I am sorry for all the frustration you went through with Pat's phone but happy to hear you have it all sorted out. Glad to know the a/c is fixed and not a big bill to have either.

Gloria, I find the print on bottles really hard to read. VON just left here and I am not sure what mischief I want to get into :) I did start another cat quilt so may do some of that.

Jane , have a great day at work with lots of smiles thorough your line.

Better go chase the dust bunnies here before I sew..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Gloria, that is such a nice poem and very apropos at this time

In Joan's memory, we could change the name of this folder to Joan's Soda Shoppe.  Is it possible?

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

I am beginning to think the whole masses are going craze. we have large farming operation by oakgrove and loanjack MO. some of the godie two shoes are fighting there expanding. I say they are not thinking not only now but even more in the further how they will eat. this operation process meat and sell it to restaurants and grocery stores but to individual's also. they also sell quality bulls for breading purpose to smaller farmers such as my self,this is where i bought my latest bull from. unless the folks all in that aria are vegetarians they need them. even if they are i bet they would let them go around the edge of there hay field and pick some alpha sprouts.

so much bad in the best of us, so much good in the worst of us. that it behooves those left of to talk about the rest of us.
but we do it anyway.  Have a great day.

Lloyd

Shirley

Mary Ann, I was thinking the same thing.... couldn't come up with a good name but considered "Joan's Juice Joint".... but it didn't sound like our dignified Joan.  Maybe "Joan's Place"......

Lloyd, we have a group here fighting a cell tower going up & my thoughts same as yours.... the ones fighting are the ones that gripe the loudest when they don't get good service.

Amy, my daughter & husband drove back to St.Louis Easter day in same mess you had.... took them more than twice the normal time & she said they were both exhausted beyond exhaustion even the next day, but they had to get back.  Said cars, trucks & all were flipped over & in ditches.  Glad you got home safe.  My youngest son has a Great Dane & very sad over Easter that his is losing control of his back legs.  They don't have a long life but certainly are lovable, this is his 2nd one and know he will probably get another.  I tried to give him hope that maybe he would feel better when the dampness is gone.... think they do get arthritis like people, vet provided some pain pills for now & they give him glucosamine & anything else to keep him going. 

It is bitter cold today, wind blowing so chill index way below actual temp.  Must get to Walmart to buy tuna & salmon for cats.... they are being picky right now, act like they don't want the chicken from Sam's & even leaving part of their canned Friskies in their bowls.  They are not out running around in this cold but will walk down to the river if I go with them.  Their mother (Callie) has decided she wants to become a house cat and is trying very heard to do what I say, bless her heart.  I just ordered the flea & tick stuff for them, they need rabies shots but have not figured how to handle that.... they are all so much heavier than old LaurenKat was & getting 3 to the vet for shots is really a chore. Got to think about it.

Hugs to all, it is a sad day, no matter how long someone is ill, we are not ready to know all hope of returning is gone.
   :tissue: 

Amy

Mary Ann I like the idea of Joan's Soda Shoppe...

Shirley I give my girls turmeric for the arthritis and I did see first hand it shrinking tumours as it did on Sassy..maybe this will help your sons dog.

https://simplewag.com/turmeric-for-dogs/
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Thank you, Amy, it is just continuing the same name, only putting Joan's name in front.  She possibly is the one who coined the name anyway. 

It is starting to rain here and we may have snow before it's over.  It is cold and windy here and I just realized we haven't picked up the mail yet.  Well,  on will go the winter coat because Tom just took off for awhile and I don't want to wait until 9 pm to see if we have any mail.

Mary Ann

Amy

Shirley, I can agree with the exhaustion part as today I seem to not get much done. Summer tires are on and winter ones put away and tomorrow will take the other van in to get summers on. Made buttermilk tea biscuits to have with tea when VON came and napped!! Maybe tomorrow will be more productive..

Lloyd, what gets me is people moving out to the country then complaining about the smell of manure!!! Really people!!!!

Mary Ann we are to have snow/freezing rain tonight..not looking forward to that.
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Amy & Mary Ann, I agree this should be "Joan's Soda Shoppe"..... just wanted to confirm to y'all that my mind was traveling the same path, to create a tribute to Joan. 

I copied the link for my son, Amy, thanks.  I'll be he has it on order right away.  Looks like your biscuits are like what we call biscuits and not the sweet cookies that the English call "biscuits".  I can still hear our landlord laughing and making a face every time I mentioned fixing "biscuits & gravy".  The gravy he pictured was meat (brown) gravy and biscuits were cookies... does tend to turn the tummy upside down. 
:P

Lindancer

Amy, we have people come out here to Eastern Long Island, because they like the country.  Then complain because the sound of irrigation  and plowing wake them up early in the morning. They forget the farmer is growing there food.  I think it is the same all over, not in my back yard.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Joy

Years ago, we  used to live across the road from a big  pig farm, that had been there for several generations.   Every once in a while,  new people would move into the area, knowing very  well the pig farm was there, and then complain about the smell and would go so far to try to get it shut down.  I used to think that was so crazy !

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Not a nice day at all out there, woke to snow and freezing rain. Let the dogs out and could hear the tree limbs cracking so I hope we don't loose power. Will leave the snow where it lays as it will be some form of traction. I don't think the snow tires will be coming off today, I am sure there are better days to do it. Will just take the day as it comes.

Where is June???
Hope everyone has a great day..

Jimmy Dean

roley

Same here  Lindancer and Joy, it seems that whenever strangers to the area move in around here letters to the local paper start appearing complaining firstly of the church bells ringing on a sunday morning !, followed by complaints of the smells/noises coming from the local farms !, next month , we can expect to have the usual complaints about the Folk Dancers, as the dance around the Village in the early hours  on May 1st, shock - horror !, you would think  strangers moving into a village community or a rural area would expect life to be different from a City life, why else would they move ?.   ::).   Cheers,  Roley.

Amy

Good morning roley, nice to see you! I love the sound of church bells ringing..
Jimmy Dean