Random Image

flag

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 15,2018

Started by so_P_bubble, March 15, 2018, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Take a minute to reflect on what Our Lord suffered on this Good Friday so many years ago!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

Good morning!  Supposed to be cloudy with some showers today.  We'll see if that happens.  Lately when they predict rain it hasn't happened.  I would like to get out and spread some grass seed in a large bare spot near the driveway before the rain starts....if it starts, that is.  I pay to have the lawn reseeded every year but not a lot of the new seed turned into grass this year so I'll try to do it myself.  I complained to the lawn company but didn't get a lot of satisfactory answers from them.  Think I will have to look around for a new lawn company.

Yesterday was a very busy day.  I had a phone call in the morning telling me of the death of a neighbor's father and the funeral was scheduled for later in the morning.  Didn't have time to make it to the funeral but got out to the nursery near me and bought a pretty peace lily plant for my neighbor and then made a visit to them in the afternoon.  Their house is down the street from me and their driveway is very steep so it was kind of a struggle to get up it but with David's help, and the rollater, I made it.  Also, yesterday was grocery shopping day which is always a long walk through a very large store so last night my legs ached a lot and I was really tired so went to bed at 9:30.  Had a good night's sleep and woke up at 6 this morning ready for another day.

Jane, I don't think you are complaining about needing a ride to church.  How many times in your life have you volunteered to help someone when they needed it?  Now it is your turn and just think how good you make someone feel that they had a chance to offer a helping hand.  Most people are happy to help but often just don't know what help is needed unless you tell them.

Shirley, I used to take an aspirin before going to the doctor just to calm any jitters but now that I am taking a blood thinner I can't take aspirin. I'm not sure that Tylenol has the same calming effect, does it?

Stay well and content, everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Dark dreary day here with the threat of rain, which is badly needed to bring the lakes and creeks back up.

Nothing on the agenda that HAS to be done today but I am hankering for some tea biscuits so make bake some with the buttermilk I got.

Phyliss, I too have to put some grass seed out and thought some Epsom salts with it may help. I know the Epsom salt is good for the garden. I am sorry for your neighbours loss.

Lloyd, that is a lot of animals to look after....thought you were slowly winding down on your work??

Jenny ,happy to read Bob's wound is looking better and he will feel a lot better when the sutures come out.

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone 51° to start the day. Warmest start in months and it is about time. Foggy to start and weather folks are saying showers later and early Easter morning. Yesterday turned into a pretty nice day, warmer than it has been and much appreciated.

JUNE  glad you had the energy to dance with your 4 wheeled partner. I can picture you swinging around with it as you enjoy the music. Where I used to get my
prescriptions they always told me when they looked different because they were getting them from a different source. Now I get the looking different and I will call to find out why.

AMY  what snow we have left from the plows is looking more like piles of dirt. With more days like today that will be gone soon and the parking lot will be swept and nice and clean again. I do like the way they keep this place clean. Your son was lucky to see 2 bald eagles, I would still love to see at least one in the wild.

JENNY  when I read of kids like those destroying so much in that church the parents are the ones to pay. If they brought up their kids right they would not get into trouble in the first place. Too many do not know the difference between right and wrong so how can they teach their offspring. I have had some great CNAs who just seem to look around and see what needs doing and others who just want to sit and do nothing. The good ones always seem to find better paying jobs because they do not  get paid much more than the minimum wage. Is today the day Bob get the stitches out?

JUNE  a CNA does my laundry every week because I can no longer do it. Every thing folded the way I like and hangs others on hangers and puts in the closets. The things that go in drawers I put away.

LLOYD  have a great day and make sure to stop and watch a good western and have a break.

JANE  what Our Lord Jesus suffered so many years ago makes our pains nothing.

PHYLLIS  I know how you felt with all you did yesterday. I hope you can take it easy today.

AMY  that Epsom salts is wonderful for so many things. I know I would never be without it.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

ON A RUGGED SPLINTERED CROSS
(By Debbie Pruess)

On a rugged, splintered cross, my Jesus chose to die
On that dark hill that day, heaven heard the Father cry
For the first time in forever, separation drove apart
The Father and the Son, how it broke the Father's heart
This was the only way, it was the Father's plan
To bring down salvation, to this sinning man
He gave His only Son, sacrificed upon the tree
He paid the price I couldn't pay, He gave His life for me
So I must remember, not only at Easter time
The price He paid upon the tree was rightfully mine
He removed my sin stains and washed me white as snow
Now He's made a glad heart, out of my heart of woe
For He rose again, and lives in heaven above
Pouring out on me, His sacrificial love
He died that dark, sad day, upon the rugged tree
To purchase the salvation for a sinner such as me
As He hung there dying, He cried for all the world to hear
"Father forgive them" fell upon each sinners ear
Those words are still heard today, echoing through eternity
From my Savior on the cross, on the rugged, splintered tree
They were meant for everyone, for all who would believe
Who would accept His blood was shed, for each one to receive
As He hung there dying, in pain and agony
He looked through the years to come, and He saw you and me
In His time of great sorrow, separation from God above
He looked not at Himself, but looked out with eyes of love
He looked out and He saw, each person that would be
Then upon that cruel cross, He gave His life for you and me.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We had rain during the night and early this morning but it has cleared off now and the morning for me started out at 66 degrees and is suppose to get up to 75 degrees this afternoon.  I don't seem to have any energy this morning.  Fortunately I have nothing scheduled for today.  I just now called to schedule the air conditioning repairman to come out on Monday as our A/C isn't cooling. 

Yesterday I went over to pick up my friend for coffee and waiting a few minutes and then called him only to learn that he wasn't going to go to coffee due to another appointment.  I went ahead and had coffee with my friends and then went over to Costco and returned the Rollator. I did not attend the Maundy Thursday service at the Church last evening as just wasn't up to going.  My SIL did receive the computer we sent her but is going to have to call ATT this morning and have someone help her get it connected to the Internet.  I did tell her of several things and suggested she explore things on the computer.  However, she had a very bad headache so doubt she spent much time doing so.

Gloria, glad to see you are getting some warmer weather after a long and hard winter.  I understand why the back porch is hard for you get out of.  Do you have places to sit in the front?  Your citation on God giving us a new day each morning is so true and is the way I have tried to live my life the last 12 years or so. 

June, it is good to be concerned that you may not have gotten the correct medication.  I think the last time that happened on one of my prescriptions it said on the label the pharmacy put on that it would look different.  Glad you were able to have a happy dance.  It sounds like a fine idea for you to have someone else do your laundry.  There are special laundry marking pens and I see you can easily get one through Amazon.  However, your facility might have them available.  My folks had to mark all of there belonging when they were in the care home.  As long as your desk doesn't break under the weight of the "things to do" I just bet it won't matter what day you get to them. I don't think the things we can do on the PC like the Control Z would work on a Mac but I bet they have some similar action that you could find with a Google search.   

Amy, when we lived where we had snow in the winters I always hated those times when it began to look so dirty. What a great treat to see a bald eagle in the wild.

Jenny, it staggers my imagination that there would be a public outcry that the vandals of the church property should not be held accountable. It sounds like the boys should be in detention somewhere as they are obviously out of control.  On Pat's new phone I did get another email from the company in Hong Kong asking for the order number as they probably were the company selling the phones through Amazon. I answered and gave them the order number but haven't heard back from them yet.  Glad Bob's wounds are looking better.

Lloyd, glad to see that you got enough sleep last night. 

Phyllis, my front yard sod looks great but the back yard  didn't do well as it is shows sand and clay with patches of grass in places back there. It is always watered when the rest of the yard is so it wasn't from a lack of water.  It doesn't show from the street and I couldn't care less as we don't use the back patio and I can't see spending the money to have ti re-sodded at this time. I have always wondered why people buy homes with steep driveways.  I wouldn't even try to climb a steep driveway anymore.  Have you tried the on line grocery shopping?

Amy, I had to look up tea biscuits as am not familiar with them. Are they sort of a rich cookie?       

Joy

Just saying a quick "Good Morning".  I was up early, read for a little while, and then took a nap.  So, I am just getting myself oriented.

Nothing yet planned for today.  My DIL is going to the store for me this evening, as I need a few things for what I am taking to my son's on Sunday.

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny warm day.  And, our Baltimore Orioles won their opening day game.  It was a nail-biter at the end, but they pulled it off and won in the 11th inning.  So, that made the day even better.

Unfortunately,  the cold is coming back over the week end.  And, they mentioned that "snow" word for maybe early Monday morning.  Poor Mother Nature sure has been mixed up this spring.  Hopefully, that will be the last cold spell for us. 

Hope everyone will have a nice Good Friday. 

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

Larry, we have several stores close to me that offer on-line ordering but I haven't tried them yet.  I'm picky about fresh produce.  Have you or Pat ordered fresh vegs. and fruit online from Walmart and were you satisfied with what they picked out for you?

Also, I want to keep doing as much exercise as I am able to do and once a week around the big store is tiring for me but I feel like I am keeping my legs working as long as possible.  I know that the time will come when I can no longer do that so will have to shift to online ordering then, I think.

Sorry that the rollater didn't work out for you and Pat.  Gratefully, I have David to lift mine in and out of the back of the car and he says he doesn't mind doing it.  I can lift it if I have to but it is cumbersome and I'm glad he is around to do it for me.  I really depend on it now when I am away from the house.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lindancer

Good afternoon, It was raining when i got up, but now the sun is trying to shine. May get to 50

Jane, when I moved here 35 years ago, we were the kids on the block, that's what they called us. I had a station wagon, and whenever there was a meeting or luncheon, someone would say: you have a station wagon and you can take all of us. Now I depend on them.

I was told to still take my aspirin, even tho I take a blood thinner. The doctor also told me never to take anything, but Tylenol.

Amy, No they still have not found the vandals, It is going to cost quite a bite of money to repair the statue, as they broke the face completely off.

Jenny, a couple of years ago in Polish Town, vandals broke the head off of St.France. It was a life size statue in front of the church. I am glad to hear your husbands wound is getting better.

Larry, hope you feel better.  I had a bad night slept 2 hours. Just could not sleep, so got up and played some games on the PC

Gloria, At Marks funeral I requested two hymns. The Old Rugged Cross and In The Garden

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria D, I take a blood thinner and was told to discontinue my "one a day" aspirin and take Tylenol if needed.  I don't feel Tylenol is as effective for headaches as an aspirin, however, I have few, if any, headaches.  I do take Tylenol 650 to relieve the pain in my shoulder and it does help.  The pain will not be gone entirely.

I like both of the hymns you chose for your son's funeral.  I have several favorite hymns and I'll let the family choose what they want.

The sun is shining here and the temperature is in the high 40s.  Sunday is to be partly sunny.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Janie, 'tis Good Friday & since all services are evening, I decided I would do what we did long ago.... just go into church & kneel down to pray by myself.  Had a nice visit and spent time thinking about how difficult it was for Christ's mother to watch the torture and humiliation her son had to go through, but she couldn't do anything about it.  How much harder it must have been for God to watch what His son was going through and He could have saved him, so how much more difficult for Him to NOT give up on the world to protect His Son. 

Phyllis, since I won't even try a blood thinner after so many scares with other meds, good old aspirin is my thinner & I found taking the 325 has worked for 5 years so far, taking it once a week (more or less).... it works when I get the pixilated colors in my eyes that the opthamologist diagnosed as "migraine without the headache"... (his guess, since he's never seen it in action).  I thought it was a stroke since aspirin only took a few minutes to make the colors go away, the eyes get fuller & fuller of colors until I take the aspirin & I've never let it go on to see what would happen.  My family doctor & cardiologist had no clue what it could be so just tell me to "do what works".  They don't want to push me into a reaction they can't fix since I had such violent reaction to the 2 meds (benadryl & prednisone) used to snap one out of such a shock.  Heard on the news this week that recently they've discovered that aspirin may be the best way to ward off Alzheimer's.   I don't think Tylenol has the same effect .... nice to know someone else was as sneaky as me to "calm down".  ;)

Amy, are your tea biscuits sort of like "butter cookies"?  I do love that kind, not too sweet, just a mellow taste.  Yum!   I also have grass seed I need to throw over a dead looking patch by my garage, glad you mentioned the Epsom salt since I talked to someone long time ago  that took care of plants as a business & said they used it.  I am NOT a Master Gardener.  I am so disappointed the "powers that be" allowed the highway department tear out the rookery where the herons & egrets migrated to each year, we had more of those big birds than any of the sancturaries we saw down along the coast.  The small lake in a large shopping center not far from our house was where the eagles used to nest, and then the cormorants moved in and were quite a sight as they came and went to fields morning & night... so many the shopping center decided to cut down the trees on a little island where they nested... and where the eagles were nesting.  I've got to find out where they moved to since I see the masses of Vs of cormorants flying over morning & night.  I think the eagles get up before I do.

Larry, you mentioned the laundry markers.... not sure if the same, but the "permanent" markers that you can buy anywhere worked without any streaks or fading, for me.  When my parents had their 50th Anniversary party I bought a huge tablecloth that my sister stitched a 5 point star in the center with pretty gold trim.... I put our parents names & the dates in the center & every point of the star was signed by the 5 children & our kids.... outside the star came all the rest of the family, neighbors & friends even from childhood.  They were so delighted with it they decided to keep it on the dining room table for the whole year to have everyone sign that came to see them that year.  Their house was open to all and hardly a day went by that they didn't have at least one or two visitors.  The permanent ink was still sharp when they died & my sister's oldest daughter has it to pass down to the next generation. 

June, I was picturing you dancing with your rollator, delightful, & so glad to see you enjoy the moment!  You do have the best of all places to live, sounds to me, and even better that Gary & Dori are so close.  Your attitude and choosing to be happy serves you well.

Joy, we had such nice weather for a while & yesterday it turned that bitter cold that comes with dampness & wind.... I could not get warm.  Easter Sunday is still cold so kids will have to do the egg hunt in the house.  Speaking of keeping ourselves in shape, have you (or anyone) considered Yoga?  The friend I hoped to meet has been taking yoga classes but we didn't get a chance to talk about them..... I'm not great about exercise (all kinds of excuses not to)... but I am interested in keeping the muscles stronger.  Don't want to stand on my head or anything too extreme~~

Mary Ann, I have not had a headache in years... not the kind I used to have & took aspirin for.  My kids all switched to Tylenol.  Since I don't have a problem with aspirin I fall back on it for whatever ails me.  I do know if I have just taken an aspirin & cut a finger it will bleed for a long time but if not, the bleeding will stop almost immediately. 

Jenny, sure hope Bob's wound is healing as should...  and hope your father is doing okay.  This has been a roller-coaster year for y'all so far,huh?  I'm not too sure why anyone would think the parents shouldn't pay for the damage their kids did.... I always told my kids that "I am responsible for them until they are 18 but after that I don't get credit for what great things they do and won't take blame for what wrong they do"........... 

Lloyd, I spent the night in the Warrensburg Walmart parking lot, nice spot over by the trees.  The State Fair campground was a muddy mess & I was afraid to pull off the roads and did not want to take a chance of driving to the lake & finding their campgrounds closed like last time. At least Walmart welcomes campers as long as they park out of the way.  I bought a $100. Walmart gift card to buy their gas & had to add another $10. to fill up.  I had to go inside to buy the cats some tuna (people tuna) so bought the gift card to get another 2 or 3 cents a gallon off.  I still had a little over a quarter of tank left when I got home.  If you get a motorhome you will be howling about the gas, doesn't take long to use up that 55 gallons mine will hold.

I'd better go feed cats again, planned to nap but didn't get that done.  I actually got a little over 7 hours last nigh, have been bad lately & only 4-5 hours.  Have a great week end, everyone!   Shirley

Mary Ann

Shirley, that is interesting about the colors in your eyes.  I had never heard of anything like that.  On the other hand, I've never heard about something I have, either.  I can be on the computer, look up and the wall behind my TV (sometimes even the TV) will have a pattern in red or pink.  The pattern often is like quilt blocks, or a lace doily, but always red or pink, not together.  It goes away quickly.  I asked my optometrist about it and she had never heard of anything like that.  I guess I'm weird!

We're having a lovely day today with a temp of around 50 degrees.  We may have rain tomorrow but Sunday is to be nice.  Tom's daughter will pick me up Sunday and we'll drive to Holland MI for Easter dinner with Tom's son and family, including the twins.

Mary Ann

Amy

Shirley and Larry ,this is what a tea biscuit is, some put raisins in them. I have made them ,grated cheese in them and when done brush with melted butter and garlic.... sad to say mine didn't get made today..
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/rich-tea-biscuits-74691

BUT, I did finish off another camp quilt so all three are done and can go in for quilting...two camp quilts and an adult one.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

Lloyd, how many times a day to you have to feed those 38 head of cattle ? Do you pitch the hay over a fence, or what ? You certainly do get enough excerclise, plus all the other stuff you do, I shouldn't think it would be necessary for you to have a sleeping aid, or do you need it because of pain ?

Phyllis, you will never be a hypochondriac, just because you are aware of what they can be. If you are in pain, there is a reason for it, if you blood pressure is spiking, there is a reason for that. Our bodies are the only ones we get, so it is best to give them the care needed, right ?

Janie, I took a walk to our little chapel this morning and read the Stations of the Cross..a catholic style of Jesus life on this day of crucifixion and death.  It gave me a close feeling of peace. Peace for what He did in Love for us, and thankfulness.

Gloria, I am quite sure I will go talk to the one in charge of having laundry done. I was told one does it through the clinic. I will have to mark alll the items with my name and many people here have this service so it is best to identify articles. Dori told me she would help me with that. What is a CNA Gloria ? I have not heard of them out here.

I am really one worn out lady, just too tired to tell you about my wonderful, busy, busy day…..no nap….just go go go. So if you will excuse me…..I am going to prepare for an early bed. I love you all…..may God be with you this night and I send you limpy, weary, hugs. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

June Drabek I feed them once a day. the bales i use is five foot wide and six feet tall on the + side tall. I carry them out in Pasture on the back of the tractor.
I get off and cut the twine off down low holding the end in left hand and pull them off from around and role them up and put them on the tractor with me.
them let the bale down on the ground circle around and UN role it with the front end loader. that takes 400 or 500 feet  room for them to eat. hope that is clear for you. Have a great rest of the day hope to see everyone tomorrow. sweet dreams , good night everyone.

Shirley I see no good reason when you get that close you do not stop and sleep here and brake bread with us.we have two good beds on the lower level and a clean bathroom there,one bed room has a shut and lockable door, so no one will bother you,and I promas i wont yell at Nancy while you are here.
see you tomorrow with your comment.

Lloyd

JaneS

I reflected off and on today on the great gift God gave us in His Son our Lord Jesus Christ.  I wondered once or twice why it was so hard for me to be doing what I was doing and decided that God was not asking as much of me as He did of His SON!  And He doesn't ask any more of us than we are able to give.  So I changed my thoughts to those of Thanks and got on with my day.

May God bless and keep us all!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS Thanks your post is very good as usual. is 3:o4 A M. I had a snack and am now going for a cool drink of water and back for some of your ZZZ'ES.  see you later today.

Lloyd

Joy

Good Morning.  A pretty, sunny morning, but the temperature is only 30º here in Central Maryland.

I have a busy day ahead.....  making a chocolate pie and a strawberry shortcake to take to my son's tomorrow for our Easter dinner.  Don't know what he is planning on fixing.  He is a very good cook and always has something different and delicious.  Never know what he will come up with.  But, we do know what dessert will be.

My daughter-in-law does not like to cook, so she is the "clean-up" person.  And, she doesn't mind doing that at all.  Of course, there are always ones to help her when it is a crowd.  She usually has most of her family with 2 little ones and our family will only be my other 2 sons, another daughter-in-law and me.   Plus a couple of nice neighbors will join us.   All of my little ones do not live close.  Not sure if it will be warm enough for the 2 little ones to have an egg-hunt.

Can always count on lots of good food and nice company. 

The other day it was 70º and now they are calling for snow early Monday morning, possible several inches.  I am just so tired of the cold and snow. 

Good morning to all the friends who follow.  Sure hope everyone will have a great Saturday and won't be too busy to enjoy their day.

Joy

BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

it Is 46º and cloudy with pretty strong wend, and the weather Man is saying rain and snow tomorrow with a passable 2" accumulation for Easter Sunday. Duh.
oh well as they say Kay raw what ever will be will be. Have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

It's a beautiful morning but a little chilly.  The heat is on and it feels good.

I got the grass seed spread and watered and I will go out later and water again.  Hope I get some grass from it.  If it works I'll buy more seed and do some other bare spots in the lawn.  I don't care a lot for yard work but it was nice to be outside and if I don't try to do too much at a time it usually goes well and eventually I get most of what is needed done. 

No plans for Easter here.  It is just David and me for dinner so buying a big ham and all the traditional side dishes is really a waste of food for us.  I'm not sure what we will have but we have quite a few choices in the freezer and some fresh vegs. in the fridge.  I think we will have pound cake with fresh blueberries with whipped cream for our indulgent dessert.  Blueberries are my favorite.  In just a couple of weeks the NC strawberries will be ready.  I look forward to that.  I love those, too.  The local farmer's markets will all begin to open in April.  We have many around here with a very good variety of fresh fruits and vegs. plus home baked goods, etc.  That is one of the good things about living in North Carolina.....we have so many sources for locally grown fresh food.

Of course, the last games of March Madness will be played this weekend so I will probably be watching some of that.

I hope those of you that can be with family or friends have a wonderful time.  But, for all of us I wish for a lovely peaceful Easter Day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I have a ride to the Great Vigil Service and also company.  My daughter is taking me and will stay with me for the service.  She has never done this so I'm thanking God for giving her the idea now! 

My Brother is out of danger and has been diagnosed (probably) with 2 stomach ulcers.  He might go home tomorrow.  We'll see!

Amy

Good morning everyone..
I slept in again and hit the floor running. Have been to town to pick up bananas ,asparagus and hubby mandarin oranges. Store was already getting busy.

Beautiful but cold day here, not sure what we will do today. Going to take hubby over for his morning coffee and then I will decide. 28 ° here ,yard clean up or rather poodetail has been done.

Jane I am glad you not only have a ride but great company to enjoy the service with you.

Phyliss, I need to get more grass seed but first we need the snow to go!

Joy, strawberry shortcake in one of my favorites.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a sunny and beautiful morning and in the upper 40's and headed up to low 70's this afternoon.  I awoke this morning feeling rested and looking forward to the day.  I plan on attending my meeting later this morning and then will watch at least one of the NCAA Final Four basketball games this evening.  I think I will check in on the golf tournament this afternoon as well. Yesterday was pretty much a lost day. 

Joy, I think the Atlanta Braves lost their first game of the season.  I sure hope they do better this year than last.  Are you a big baseball fan? I sure hope the snow doesn't materialize for you all on Monday.  It sounds like you are having a pretty chilly day up your way today. Our granddaughter is going to make a chocolate pie as our dessert for the dinner tomorrow.  We have to eat fairly early as Scott has to be at work at 2 pm. Like your DIL I don't cook much but am the clean-up person.  It sounds like you all will have a houseful for your Easter dinner.

Phyllis, yes we have ordered some fresh produce from Walmart in our on line ordering and have generally been satisfied with it.  I think there was only one bag of apples that had a couple of bad ones in it and I took it back for refund.  Pat ordered red and green grapes on the last order and requested only two pounds and was only charged for two pounds but needed up with over three pounds.  I usually get most of our produce at Aldi's. I had hoped I could get the Rollator behind the front seat as could sort of leverage it in without having to lift too much but it required the seat to be all the way up and that just wasn't going to work.  Pat has enough trouble getting in and out of the car as it is. Glad that David can do the lifting for you. They are already picking strawberries at the large strawberry farm only a few miles from us. 

deAngel, it sounds like you have earned a lot of free rides with your hauling around others years ago.  I also take a baby aspirin everyday and was told not to take anything but Tylenol for pain.  I do feel much better today. The hymn "In the Garden" was one of my mother's favorites and we had it sung at my mother's funeral.

Shirley, I am fortunate in that I have had a reaction only to about three medicines, the main one being penicillin.  For a long time I took the 325 mg aspirin also but the last few years it has been the 81 mg.  Sure a shame they tore out the rookery.  You are probably right about the permanent markers being OK to mark clothing but know they have a separate laundry marking pen.

Mary Ann, at least what you see when you look up form your computer would be pretty.   

Amy, thanks for the link to the tea biscuit recipe. 

June, is it the chapel where your son and other hold the Bible study sessions weekly?  In the nursing home where my folks spent their last days they had a lovely Chapel in the building and when I visited I took her there.  She could sing the songs. 

Lloyd, those big bales of hay sure are better on backs than the small bales we used to have that could be quite heavy.  I hadn't thought about how one would take the binding off of the bale. 

Jane, nice thoughts on your reflections of the meaning of Easter.  Thanks for sharing them. Glad to read your brother is out of danger and hopefully they have his problem diagnosed. 

Carol

I am up earlier today as Marisio (sp) promised to show around 8 am and I have been awake since before 6.  He missed us and never thought to call for two days - has been paid 1/2 of the bill and we want the ceiling in the bathroom that was damaged from a leak repaired.  Two people recommended him - but so many of these private contractors just do things in their own time and expect a person to be home.  Especially women -

A very Happy Easter greeting (early) to all. 

Someone mentioned Stations of the Cross - we have driven through New Mexico at the right time of the year so many times and have seen scores of people walking a great distance off the highway. They really celebrate by a very long trek.  This is always north of Santa Fe. 

We will celebrate tomorrow with lunch & a total of 8 of us.  I am making two salads - so nice of the younger people to invite us. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, woke to sunshine this morning and just turned on TV and got local weather, we are supposed to have this sun all day at last. Then heard on Monday we will wake to rain or snow. My oldest son was here yesterday and brought me 8 Louis L'Amour books to read. I will enjoy them. Of course I could not read that many westerns one after the other, need to break it up with something else.

LARRY  hope your SIL enjoys the laptop you sent her. When my  son gave me his old IBM first PC my grandson was telling me how to do things. Well knowing me I had a new notebook and got it out and told him to write things down. I sure would never remember all he was telling me. I still have that notebook. The maintenance man will soon be bringing out the wicker chairs for both porches, he puts the cushions for them in a storage room in the building.

JOY  reading your post from yesterday when you mentioned Baltimore Orioles I was thinking of birds and wondered what birds could win. Guess you know I do not follow sports.

PHYLLIS  like you I am picky/fussy about produce. There is one store I shopped at but a different one for my produce. The son who comes here every week always calls and asks if I need anything and he knows if it is produce he knows where to get it.

GLORIA de  Those vandals should have all the like destroyed and see how they feel then.

AMY  Tylenol never helped me and will still take aspirin.

SHIRLEY  aspirin has been around and trusted much longer than Tylenol so like you I will stick to the one trusted for many years. There was a time several years ago that if there had been Yoga groups around I would have gone. Now I cannot do  anything without my rollator.

AMY  your biscuits look like what my Mom used to make.

JUNE  several times I have said a CNA is a Certified Nursing Assistant. They work for nurse placement businesses and they are the ones who do most of the grunt work in nursing homes. Working in the homes the help their clients with what ever needs doing, from personal care to housework and cooking or going to the market.

JANE  I stopped worrying about what I could not change years ago when God helped me know what to do. It sure changed my life.

PHYLLIS  it will be a few weeks before plants here start poking up from the ground. Then late June before local strawberries are ready for picking. I sure look forward to it. My son will get me some from a local farm and I will freeze some. Later in the summer will be their blueberries that I will freeze some to last me through the winter. Their blueberries are the closest in flavor to the wild ones we used to pick.

JANE  glad your daughter will be going with you to the service this evening. Good news about your Brother. As if one ulcer isn't bad enough he has to have 2 of them. He stays in my prayers.

Denver

Oh goodness......it seems I have done something again with my post.  When I came in this morning, it was on the post page, and it was blank.....looks like I might have not posted my post from yesterday morning and now it is gone! 

Bob did get the sutures out yesterday, however the wounds do not look that great.  The doc wanted to know when they “opened up”.  We had no idea they had as the parts in question were under scabs.
This doctor comes with the best credentials, but I am not sure has the best sewing skills as the parts in question looked kind of open when she finished them. I took many pictures so it is easy for us to go back and look.  We both feel relieved that if it does not improve well from this, that we do have Dave to help us out.  He brought home some “supplies” for Bob that he can use this coming week when we are in AZ.

At the appointment the doctor SOLD him this thin layer of skin like stuff called DuoDerm.  I actually could not believe he had to BUY it....you would think if it is needed to help close up her work that it would be included in the treatment plan!  When Dave heard what she wanted him to use he was not pleased and that is why he is going to give Bob something that he wants him to use.  Oh my.  It will all be fine, I know it will. 

CAROL, it is so hard to get people to be responsible and do their job these days.  I hope the guy showed up eventually. 

I sure wish you all a happy Easter weekend.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well I do not see My self hunting Easter eggs now days. but I just seen on TV news it is easier to see the eggs in the snow we are supposed to get tomorrow.
goodnight and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

The Easter Vigil Service is especially long but it didn't seem so tonight.  My daughter said she enjoyed it and Im happy about that.  She met some of my church friends and discovered a couple of acquaintances that she didn't know attend my church and I didn't know she knew. 

Since I stayed up so late last night and since I'm already in my PJs tonight, I think I'll go to bed earlier than I did last night.  So I wish you all a very Good Night and a Good Tomorrow.

June Drabek

Lloyd, thank you. It was very interesting to read how you spread the food for the cattle. Do they stand in wait for you to finish the job, are do they crowd in to eat when possible ? Do they have pasture where other grasses grow for them to munch on ? Are any of the milk cows ????

I  had to go have supper, and never made it back here. However all is well in my neck of the woods, and looking forward to a Glorious Easter Sunday. I pray you have a good night, and a happy rising tomorrow. I love you all so much. June

HAPPY EASTER DEAR FRIENDS !!!!
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

June Drabek in answer to you. they do give milk and I suppose it would be good to drink. but they are mostly all black anguish a beef cattle by bread how ever I have few Devin by bread also also a beef bread and never broke to milk except nursing by calve's. I might i give you a history lesson the first anguish cattle were red in collier. hope you are having a good night sleep now as i am going back to. sweet dreams. if i do not post as i read i forget short tearme memory you know.

Lloyd