Random Image

books

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2019, 12:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND ❄️❄️❄️

The sun is shining brightly and starting to melt the snow. We had 8" of snow and it sure is beautiful.  Our street is a sheet of ice this morning so I am happy to not be heading out right away. 

GLORIA/Amy, I love to read about your thoughts of hanging out clothes/sheets to freeze dry....oh how I honestly miss those days.  There is nothing better than fresh sheets that have been line dried, and oh how soft those baby diapers were.  Don't forget the smell! 

LLOYD, I think you have quite a few of us wishing we could be with you and Nancy there in Florida right now.  Enjoy! 

SHIRLEY, I really enjoyed the picture of Andy and the grandson...what fun.  I know exactly how you feel regarding seeing our kids in the grands.  It always make me smile!  I know they are having a wonderful time....nothing better than family trips together.  Thank you for sharing with us, and thank you, BUBBLE, for making the clickable to make it easy to see.  I had to go seek it out yesterday, now today one touch and I was there.

LARRY, I have to admit that I was pleased with the winning teams in the playoffs games yesterday.  I especially enjoyed watching CJ Anderson, a ex Bronco doing so well in the Rams Game.  I am curious what the brand of shoe you purchased?  My dad needs to get a slide in shoe.  Diane ordered a pair of Sketcher on line for him yesterday.....as he can not get out and shop for them.  I hope he likes them, and they will work well for him. 

JANE, I sure hope your plea to the cabinet maker will yield the parts that you need to fix your kitchen drawer. We always seem to have the same unlucky situation when we are trying to fix the smallest project.  I am holding good positive thoughts for you. 

PHYLLIS, I had to chuckle at the thought of your David blowing leaves, when we have so much snow on the ground.  Our leaves have been cleaned up and gone for quite awhile.  Glad he got them done for the city to pick them up. 

My dear neighbor who is a double amputee had to have another surgery on Friday.  Bless her heart they found she had a pinched artery behind her knee, and feel it I might be why she is having problems with the healing process after her last surgery.  Prayers for Pam are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Enjoy your Sunday....sewing, hopefully for you, AMY! 

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Joy

I can't say Good Morning anymore.  It has been a very slow morning. I did not sleep real well and was up and down.  I finally got on the computer in the wee hours and got sleepy, and did go back to sleep in the recliner.

Woke up to about 4 or 5 inches of snow. It is not supposed to let up until this evening.  But, it is kind of very fine snow now. South of my area got a lot more. So, that was good.  It is pretty with the trees all covered.

Shirley, that was a cute picture your son pulling the carry-on with the little one riding on it.  Great idea !

Lloyd, do hope you will reach Tampa today and find a nice campground to stay for a few days.  Lucky you to be in nice warm weather.

Larry, hope you will have a restful Sunday and enjoy whatever games you decide to watch. 

Gloria, hope you are feeling better today.  I won't be watching any kind of games on TV today.  I probably will watch a Hallmark movie at some point.

Jane, sorry you didn't get to church this morning.  We have about 4 or 5 inches of snow right now. And, it is cold.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the morning with the school closings.  Our area they just might go in a little later.  I hope you will be able to get just the parts you need to fix the drawer.  I would think that if it is the factory where they make them, they should be able to just send you the part you need.  Good Luck !

Amy, sounds like the last of your Christmas celebrations was a good one.  I used to love to hang my laundry out of doors when the weather was nice.  Didn't like it when the clothes froze on the line, tho.

I decided that I just didn't feel all that good to have my grandson and his little girls visit today.  What with the weather not being that good, I didn't want them to take a chance driving down to my place. We will have to try for another week end.  Still feeling a little washed out from the past couple days.

I need to get some lunch and maybe that will help me feel better. I did take a Tylenol thinking that might help me feel a little more "alive"  Tylenol never worked that good for me, but since I am on Eliquis now, I can't take the Aleve that I used to take. THat always worked good.

Hope everyone will have a great rest of the day.  Whatever you find yourself doing.

Joy

Quote from: larryhanna on January 13, 2019, 11:17:36 AM Hi Everyone. We are to have a cloudy and chilly day today.  I don't plan on getting out today as just not up to attending Church this morning.  Yesterday was really a down down.  I did attend my Saturday meeting yesterday but realized when I got there I should have stayed home.  I did watch several basketball games and also watched the Kansas City Chiefs beat the Cleveland Colts.  They were playing in Kansas City and my SIL said they had had 11 inches of snow and it was still snowing during the game although that had little impact on the game.

Amy, driving a big rig through a snow storm must be a very stressful thing for truck drivers.  I hope you can have a day of rest today.  Your sewing machine may be feeling neglected. 

Shirley, I wonder how many 4 year old clients the pedicurist has had in their career.  Do you use the bacon crumbles from Costco?  We use them all the time and it sure saves a lot of bacon frying.  I know we have several of the shoe horns but when I looked for them I couldn't find one.  I tried the long handled one but it didn't work for me.  I can get these shoes on without a shoe horn.  What a great idea to let the little one ride as a passenger on the luggage. 

Gloria, be kind to yourself.  We all do things we wonder how or why we did them. 

Phyllis, glad you are missing the snow. 

Jane, I hope your latest lead on fixing the kitchen drawers will generate what you need to fix your problems. 

Lloyd, it sounds like you are finally getting to enjoy the benefits of retirement in not having to deal with the winter snow.
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone. Well like every thing in life there three sides to every story. your side my side and the right side. we missed the turn off in the wrong lane at the right time,so we seen quite bit of the ocean on both sides of us on I 75 for several miles before we found a place where we could do a turn around. on the way back got on I 4 and took some more
snick ocean front but finely got back to Tampa and found a nice R V Park but was very pricey. well we are going to sea world at Orlando tomorrow.
haven't decided what or where after that. but no more high $$$ RV parks
I think I can check $$ first and if to pricey go on down the road and fiend a road side rest area like we stayed in night before last, worked just fine. we have to run the generator in them. the generator is up front and our bed is in the back so we sleep just fine. Have a great rest of the day. I am soon going to hit the hay.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm going to be off to Dreamland in a little while, too.  I just finished marking all the jars of spaghetti sauce and I have 15 quarts.  If I only get 3 meals per jar, that's 45 meals.  Not bad! 

I wish you all a good night and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

-14° F here this morning...geemogotchie day for sure!!!

We are off to the city  to look for shoes for hubby and meet up with Julie for lunch.

I have a few things I want to do also at Walmart and maybe Fabricland.

Jane I will give her your hug for her birthday. That is a lot of meals you have from the spaghetti sauce!

Jenny, no sewing as I baked bread and a pumpkin pie for David and Julie.I did get down to my sewing room and said "Remember me? "

Better get a move on, hope everyone is feeling good and enjoys their day. 
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

I woke up & got up before 2:00 am.... doesn't do me much good to go to bed early, less than 3 hours sleep but no sense laying there when laundry was waiting.

Larry, I was fixing my egg beaters with bacon crumbles & remembered you asked if they were Costco, they are from Sam's Club with their brand but betcha they came from the same place yours did. I only bought them because yours sounded so good & so much less trouble than frying the slices. Don't taste like "bacon bits" we used to get years ago, do they? Yummy, thanks for the tip.

Amy, I'm sure you've mentiond & I forgot.... is Julie your daughter?  My daughter's name is Julie-Ellen (remember when Vera-Ellen was so popular?)... her middle name is Beth & that's what we intended calling her but "when in England"... our landlord's wife kept calling her the whole Julie-Ellen & it stuck. Hyphenated because a combo of my parents names & didn't want either slighted if we arrived back home calling her just one of their names. My parents were so pleased... times I used to wonder if my husband married me to get my parents, they really were jewels.

No snow here and supposed to warm up all week with another cold front & maybe snow by the next week end. I talked to my sister that lives less than 15 miles from Lloyd's house, her daughter & son each live on farms "out that direction"... and both without power for about 24 hours.

One load of clothes washed & dried & put away, tummy full & cats back inside so think I'll see if sleep will come now.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's cold here too.  AMY it was 14 degrees when I got up this morning and it's all the way up to 15 now!  Geemagotchees are definitely in order!

SHIRLEY, don't know when AMY will be back to set things straight but I happen to know the answer to your question.  Julie is David's wife and David is AMY's son.  So Julie is the "Daughter-in-love" that AMY talks about.  They are the ones with the 2 Great Dane dogs and David is the truck driver that just came through all your snow on his way back to Canada from Texas.  I've had the extreme pleasure of actually meeting David face to face when he went through Lewisburg! 

The doggies and I are waiting for the boinger and then we'll have breakfast and the day will begin.  I'll be off to Wally World at 10 and I'm hoping for short lines, half full carts and smiling faces.  It's supposed to be sunny today and even though it's cold, the sun might bring out the shopper.  Oh well, I suppose that's good for my pay check and that's important, too.

I hope SHIRLEY is sleeping now.  I don't know how anyone gets by on the amount of sleep she seems to get.

I wish everyone who follows me here, a wonderful day just exactly the way you wish it for yourselves.  Do what makes you feel good and let everything else go.

Joy

Good morning, Shirley,Amy and Jane.

The snow is still hanging on the trees and our county school has just decided to close for the day.  They  are usually the last of the counties to make that decision.  Makes it difficult for parents that have to go to work.

I think the majority of the roads are pretty good,  Our area did only get about 4 or 5 in. of snow, abut further south, some areas have up to a foot of snow.  We lucked out this time.  But, it is still very cold and will stay cold the rest of thee week.  More snow is predicted by the week end.

Shirley, wish we lived closer.  We could meet up in the early morning hours.  I wish I could do laundry at 2 a.m. but, since I am in an apartment,  the hours for the laundry room don't open until 9 a.m. and stay open until 9 in the evening. I usually try to do my laundry about 4 p.m. as most people tend to do theirs in the mornings.  I usually have the laundry room all to myself.  My apartment is just across the hall, so I don't have to sit in there the whole time. I usually take my timer with me and come back to my apartment.  Works out well.

Jane, Maybe everyone did all their shopping on Saturday, so it will be an easy day for you.

Amy,  have a nice lunch with your DIL, and hope you get to the fabric store.

I have had my breakfast and fooling around on the computer for a little while.

Have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

Cold this morning here, too, but NO rain. :thumbup:

Yesterday was dreary and miserable outside....warm and cozy inside. I watched a little football and read a lot and napped off and on.  Just a nice quiet day.  My younger son, Kevin, and DIL, Beth, gave us a large box of Kansas City Steaks for Christmas so a steak with baked potato and a tossed salad was our meal and was really enjoyed.  By me, especially, since it involved very little cooking.  I'm getting more and more lazy.

I must call Kevin and Beth later on today to see if they are ok.  Lots of snow up where they are and power outages.  But, both of them work from home and they have a generator so I'm not too concerned.  Older grandson, Sean, works at Dulles and if he was on duty yesterday he was probably out de-icing planes.  Younger grandson, Ryan, works at Wegmans but I think he has Sundays off. Hope he didn't have to drive in bad weather.

Breakfast is calling and then laundry.  Life as usual.  Take care, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, warmer a whole 20°, beginning of a heat wave? Maybe I will be able to go out for some fresh air and exercise at last. I really am feeling cooped up by now.

SHIRLEY  Cox is not as up to date as they claim. I have not tried to call to stop robocalls. My family knows not to call me after 9pm bur got a call at 10 Friday night, let the machine. Weird, not a robo but some jerk being funny?  Let the machine take the whole thing and after it was over I deleted it. I would like to see some snow, too. Like you I need comfortable shoes, last pair was $160. I have a narrow foot and only know one place I can get them.

LARRY  well the Patriots won yesterday. I never watch but heard it on the news. Last week in all that cold they were out on the field for practice, must have helped in that cold. Don't know how they can do it without freezing.

JENNY  no fabric softener will take the place of line dried clothes.  I do know adding white vinegar in the rinse cycle softens clothes better, gets all the soap out. The smell does not last either. Here you would have to stay  in the laundry room and listen for the rinse cycle to put it in. Wasted time just sitting there.

JOY  at times when I can't find something to watch on TV I go to youtube and look for an old movie and watch on the computer.

LLOYD  when my daughter and her family drove from San Diego to here they stayed at roadside areas for the night.

JANE  that spaghetti sauce should last you for awhile unless you start giving it away.

AMY  so glad it is not that cold here today but we have a very cloudy sky. Maybe we will see some white flakes falling later?

SHIRLEY  my daughter is named for both grandmothers but my Mom's name came first.

PHYLLIS  we sure do worry about family driving in bad weather. I drove in all kind of weather when I was working.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is going to be another overcast and pretty chilly day.  We didn't get out of the house yesterday and I doubt we do today.  I am feeling some better this morning so hope to have a good day.  A friend will be here later this morning to work with me for an hour.  I have nothing else on the schedule for today so it should be a pretty quiet day.

Lloyd, I know those roads around Tampa can be very confusing with I-4 and I-75 merges.  Sea World is very interesting.  Are you going to take in Epcot while you are down there.  I never tired of going their as it is very interesting.  I hope you got a good nights sleep. 

Jane, that is a lot of spaghetti sauce but I bet it is so good.  I hope you get some short lines today.  Is your work station cold or do they have the barrier at the doors so that all of that cold air doesn't rush in? 

Joy, in the first apartment Stacey lived in the laundry facilities were in the basement and were open 24 hours a day. However, I don't know that she ever did her laundry in the middle of the night as it was really isolated down there. 

Amy, I hope your husband can find some shoes that are as comfortable as the ones I bought last week.  I am sure you will enjoy your lunch with Julie.  Is your sewing room in a basement area?

Shirley, that was a very early start to your day.  I expect you are right regarding the bacon bits.  They are certainly handy.  I am glad you like them.  Pat also uses them to season her green beans but most of them go into her breakfast egg meal along with frozen peppers and onions and shredded cheese.  I sometimes put a little salsa on it as it cooks to alter the meal just a bit.  I bet you are much like you parents and are also a jewel.

Phyllis, what a nice gift.  One year they had a special offer on a gift box of steaks and other meats from Omaha Steak.  We tried it and it was good and then we bought the same thing for a gift for friends.  It sounds like yesterday would not have been a nice day to be working outside at the Dulles airport.

Gloria, that is what I had to pay for my new shoes as well but I think it was worth it as these are very comfortable.  I also have a fairly narrow foot.  I did watch some of the Patriots game.  It must really hurt to be smashed to the turf when it is frozen. I also watched several college basketball games.  Our washer has a little tray for softener or vinegar that is released at the right time during the washing cycle.  Pat was using vinegar regularly but think she isn't right now for some reason.

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Soda Shoppers,

After 3 days of gloomy, wet (rain-no snow) weather, the sun is beginning to shine.  Hooray!

I'm doing laundry and beginning to commence to start  :)  sorting things for taxes.  Haven't yet gotten the Organizer from my accountant nor any W-2s - just trying to be "ahead of the game".

Have also had doctors' appointments ("management" - nothing wrong), played Bridge, been to an organization's meeting and had a lovely long visit with Grandson before he went back to college.

Too far behind here to go back and make comments.
Will just wish Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Week.

JaneS

I came home from work absolutely exhausted!  Today was the first day after the Food Stamps cards were renewed.  I'd say at least 2/3 of my customers used food stamps and they bought a lot f stuff.  Also, I was on a low number register on the food end of the store for the first half of my shift ad I was the only one between reg 8 and the self checkouts at the other end for the second half.  I never had less than 6 in line and they all had full carts.  What a day!

And it didn't start off so well.  I was making the turn from the main road into the road that leads to the WM parking lot and a lady at the stop sign began to pull out.  She stopped about 2 inches from hitting me and while I saw her coming, I had no where to go.  When I pulled away my heart was all a flutter!  But I guess you could say something bad turned out well.  God was with me and the accident that could have happened didn't.  Unfortunately, that thought didn't do much for my system.  It was scary!

I haven't done anything since I came home except take care of the doggies.  And I plan to go to bed early!

Quaker Maid hasn't answered my request for help with the kitchen drawers.  Maybe tomorrow.

I'd like to know what those bacon crumbles are called.  I'd probably like them. 

I bid you all good night!  And tomorrow has to be a better day! 

Shirley

Jane, I just took a look at my package & it's called "Bacon Crumbles".... with the Member's Mark trademark.  Don't remember what the bag costs but for sure goes a long way for flavor, tastes like bacon you just cooked & not too crispy but not too greasy. I do heat in a skillet & blot what little grease shows up, no mess... & use like any place you'd enjoy a bacon flavor. Do you have a Sam's Club next to your Walmart? Glad you didn't have a fender-bender & I can imagine the heart stopping as you held your breath!

Cats are running amuck tonight. They were out for a while, first run they've had for a couple days & are feeling their oats. Tom is begging to go back out but he comes in with bad habits when he hangs out with that wild bunch.  :o  >:(  Tom & Callie are sitting by their food dishes waiting for their midnight snack.... gets earlier all the time.

Callie, I got my statement from Social Security today... I really do hate all the paper work & begrudge every penny taken out. If we hadn't been as frugal all through the years "they" wouldn't get much. I watch the kids today spending money.... amazes me that they don't raise an eyebrow at cost of having hair done at least once a week, manicures & pedicures... vacations all over the world. All have great paying jobs & do have savings... Kansas is not a "retirement friendly state"... no cap on property tax at any age. Ah, moan-moan... :thinking:
time to go to bed since I got up so early.

June Drabek

Shirley, thanks for caring. January started out as a continuation of Dec., feeling rotten. So , they decided another chest X-ray was needed, another blood test, and the result is I am continuing on from the pneumonia and other stuff from Dec. Now I am on a different antibiotic, and doing nothing but recovering. The new antibiotic upset my stomach a bit, so I must take it with food. I feel tired, listless, but hopeful. I am not ready to leave this world yet. Too curious to see what tomorrow will bring.

We are having RAIN ! Wheeee......Two days of it now and more to come. One day was a real gully washer, most since I moved here from Hemet. (I still miss my buddies from those days in Hemet. Still keep in contact, but losing a few.)

Larry, I think I was sicker than i knew. I have never slept a whole night, then the whole following day, then the next night again. This new antibiotic is putting me back in the world.

I am NOT lying......we had SNOW cover the ground and rooftops yesterday. It came late in the day, but was soooooooo beautiful. This happened once before when we had our home in Hemet. No sign of it by morning though
As long as we are here, let's dance.

so_P_bubble