Random Image

Inspecting Kate Elizabeth

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, December 01, 2018, 12:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. can count on seeing AMY first thing every morning usually first thing. 36º and mostly cloudy here this AM and shooting for high of 43º F today, talked to Peter in the middle of AM at 3:30 this morning. got a gals of Ice water took care of dry mouth and back to Dream land and just a few Min. ago up for the day. Hope you all have a good one today just as you like it. I wanted to take a day and go see one of my cousin's today but Nancy is being a stick in the mud and wants to stay home and do more backing. so if I go will be by my self. I wanted to go in the RV so if it got too late could stay in it. so I am going by my self.

Lloyd

phyllis

Raining again but, thank goodness, it is not snow.  Yesterday was a busy day and I was so tired last night. I got Christmas cards and gifts finished and sent off yesterday.  I did the weekly shopping at the grocery store including some things for Christmas dinner and had my hair cut late in the afternoon.  We had talked of going out someplace to eat dinner but I was too tired.  However, I slept good so am doing just fine this morning.  Maybe today I can at least get the door wreath put up.  That and the little Christmas tree are about all the decorating I think I want to do this year.  But, like the Whos down in Whoville in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", even without decorations Christmas will come just the same.

Hope Jane and June can make their computers behave.

Take it easy, Everyone.  I'm going to.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

I had to laugh reading Amy's and Phyllis's posts.  Amy hopes it snows instead of raining and Phyllis hopes it doesn't snow.  We haven't had much snow here so far.  When I was working, I used to say if I could get through November and December, I could take what January and February gave us.  Now it doesn't matter because I can stay inside and not worry about the weather.

I hear the Recycle truck is here and this afternoon the Trash truck will be here.

Tom has a teaching job today which doesn't pay a lot, but it does put a little money in his bank account to allow him to pay bills.  He doesn't have a regular assignment but looks at the list in the morning and signs up for ones he prefers.

Mary Ann

Joy

Good morning.  It is a very foggy morning here right now.  Lots of schools are going in late.  However, it is supposed to warm up over the week end.   But, tomorrow is supposed to be a very rainy day.  I will just have to dodge the raindrops when I go shopping.

I didn't make it back here yesterday.   Did some chores and then played cards last night.  I did sleep pretty good last night.  I decided to have a small glass of wine to see if that might help me sleep, and I guess it worked. 

It sure is strange not to see Jane in here first thing. I sure hope that she will get back to us real soon.  YOU are really missed, Jane !   Amy did make her early morning visit, tho.

Hope June's computer will still be cooperative for her. 

Always nice to see everyone in the morning.  I need to get myself moving a little bit.  Nothing special is going on today.  But, I am sure I will be able to find something to do. 

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are in for a very rainy day today with the chances either 100% or 90% for most of the day.  It will be a good day to stay in.  The housekeeper is here this morning so we will be enjoying a nice clean house again in a few hours.  Yesterday the heat pump repairmen came and spent a couple of hours as it was a big job to install the new parts.  A very large part went into the unit in  the attic and a smaller control board in the outside unit.  The good news was that the Freon that had been put in a few days earlier was still there and we didn't have to buy anymore of it.  Hopefully we are all set for the rest of the winter and next year as well.  I did not go to coffee yesterday morning to the great disappointment of my friend but wasn't going to leave while the workmen were here.  After they left I headed to Walmart to pick up my medicine only to discover it was too soon to fill either prescription but I picked up the online grocery order.  I forgot to stop at the customer service area to pick up something I had ordered for Pat's Christmas that I had shipped to the store to save the shipping charges.  The other item I had purchased was from Amazon and it was delivered yesterday. 

My main plan for today is to wrap up the Christmas packages for Pat's sister and get the box ready to mail as we need to get it to the Post Office for mailing.  As far as I know our Christmas shopping is finished.  I will write my Christmas email letter next week.  We did try for our dinner last evening the French Onion soup I had gotten frozen at Costco and it was pretty good.  We topped it off with a piece of the cherry pie with a little vanilla ice cream on it.

Mary Ann, the Christmas Tree is invading Kendrick's territory so he has to check out any new thing.  It sounds like Tom can teach about any weekday he wants. 

Lindancer, I have found that it is much easier to put Pat's rollator in the back seat (on the seat) as can sort of tip it over and then slide it up most of the way with not too much lifting and it is very easy to slide out.  I won't fit behind the seat staying upright. 

June, good to see you have gotten back online. 

Amy, surprised you prefer the snow to the rain. 

Lloyd, I hope you have a good visit with your cousin today. 

Phyllis, Christmas really isn't about the decorations as nice as they look.  Like you I think our decorations will consist of the outside wreath that is up and Pat's artificial poinsettias before the fireplace.  

Joy, we are just getting gentle rain so far although our housekeeper told us that it rained heavily during the night.  Neither Pat nor I were aware of it probably due to the noise my oxygen concentrator makes.  For the last few months I have been drinking 4 ounces of red wine every evening when I take my medicine or with my supper.  Maybe that is why I am sleeping well now as haven't had a night I couldn't sleep since starting to do that.

Gloria

Good morning everyone,  25° to start the day an might get into the 40's--a heat  wave after the cold we have been having.

LARRY the flurries went along the coast, not one flake here.

LLOYD  you never upset me, I can do that by myself when I cannot do things I used to do.

MARY ANN for many years after my daughter was born I went up to 135 pounds then when I hit about  59 I went up to 150. After I had my right shoulder replaced I slowly started losing but 85 pounds makes me look like a walking skeleton or a bag of bones, take your pick. :)  Then again not being very active anymore I have no appetite.

GLORIA DE  not a flake of snow or drop of rain. Like you I don't ask any of my friends here to take me any place because of the rollator. I depend on the town car for medical appointments and the 2 gals that drive are young and healthy. Hate asking my son but he keeps asking if I want or need to go somewhere. Do not want him to get tired of me asking.

AMY  hope it stayed when you went out today.

I started this 4 hours ago, too many interruptions and now my CNA is here.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria Z, you might be surprised if you ask your son to take you some place, especially if he has the time.  I tell Tom sometimes that I hate to inconvenience him and he tells me it is a privilege.  I'm good to him too - when we go out to eat once a week, I give him $20 to take care of both of us.  Tom does not have a regular job or paycheck and I do not mind doing it that way.  He's always been closer to our family than his mother's family. 

We're having a heat wave too with a temp of 38 now, to go to 40 degrees.  The sun is not shining but it may come out later.  We had fog this morning but that has left.

Mary Ann

Amy

We had rain then snow today. Hubby did get his haircut and then home to work about the house. We did remove the snow here and I did the neighbours driveway also. Finally got the 3 doz butter tarts done too!

Larry, I would rather have the snow as the rain freezes and makes too much ice....hence...spin around like a button on an outhouse door. At least with the rain first then snow on top it is easier to walk.

Joy, hope you won at cards!!

Mary Ann, we did get a mixture of both and hope that is it for a few days.

Hope Jane is getting her computer fixed!!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

I can not believe it is already Friday!  We are enjoying being here with Jonah so much. He sure is a delightful little guy. 

Today I went to a local grocery store here called Albertsons.  It is a chain store associated with Von's here on the WestCoast, or Safeway in Denver.  We found out they have a few doses of the new shingles shot.  We have not been able to find any pharmacies in Denver that have any, and have been told it would be spring of 2019 before they will.  I had to pay a out of network fee for it, but at least I have the first one!  Bob did not get his as he has not met his deductible yet, so he will wait for spring to get his.  We do not think he even needs one as he never had chicken pox as a child.  He did get the last shingles shot.  I did too, but I, of course DID get the shingles🤣

I am sorry Jane and June are having computer issues.  Hope they are back up and running again soon.

It is my time to hold Jonah......Bye!

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble