Random Image

Frightning Clouds

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2019, 11:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I will check in again after while. I do not see any current post all yesterday. I on Skype talked to peter this AM always good to visit with him and see him and his wife gene on line. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Looking to be a lovely day here, I think for the rest of the week it is rain rain and more rain. Hope that changes so I can get the garden in.
Taking the van in for get the a/c fixed ,they will bring me home and I can work cutting out all the wild raspberry canes that have started to hug the garden. I did mange to wash the van yesterday ,now how long it will stay clean is another mystery.
For those in tornado areas, I am amazed at how you accept them. Or should I say tolerate them. They certainly show no mercy when they travel and touch down.

I had better get a move on here ,my git up and go has got up and left me lately.....sure hope it finds its way back.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

It is thundering & flashes of lightning, rain hasn't started. All 3 cats had their breakfast & went outside, Tiger came back in but Tom & Callie are missing. They have a special hidey hole when it rains, I've whistled several times but they don't want to come in. Tiger & Callie don't seem to be afraid of storms but Tom is usually under my feed before I can even hear it coming. They are free to do what they want so I quit worrying, still watch to see if they want in.

Memorial Day and I didn't take flowers to my grandbaby that died shortly after she was born, or to Cas. The lines of cars are so long I learned years ago to take flowers before the holiday.

When I was young my Mom & Dad would take arm loads of peonies to the graves of their parents and a big Dutch oven filled with fried chicken, couple of pies and we would join the picnic in Bonnots Mill, where my grandmother still lived. The picnic ground was just down the road from Grandma's house, in what was the parking lot of the old mill. The whole town joined in, long tables set up under the shade trees. I had a lot of cousins on Mom's side but only 5 on Dad's. Mom's brothers & one sister lived on farms near by so plenty of cousins to play with. The girls my age as well as my sister & girls her age didn't "play", they helped with the food or went off to whisper & giggle about boys, so I became a people watcher. The boys played marbles. From the time I was 6 to 10 WWII was going on so people, even kids, were more subdued.

Ever since the end of WWII my memory goes to "the boys" in the Air Corp, Navy & Marines, I didn't know anyone regular Army during the war. At our age we all have lots of family in Heaven to remember, it is a day for thinking of them. "May their souls rest in Peace."

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are in for our 100 degree or above heat day, the third in a row.  Going to be a hot one for picnics and there is a Greenjackets baseball game this afternoon in our new semi-pro ball park downtown.  Not going to be a nice day to set in the stands or play on the field.  I got up at 5:30 this morning, after a pretty good nights sleep last night with the help of near exhaustion when I went to bed and a sleeping pill.  I have a number of things on the schedule today and find I probably must get them done in the mornings as seem to really be tired in the afternoon.  I spent all morning yesterday writing on these message boards and know I must be less wordy and take less time, at least for a couple of days until things slow down. Scott is planning on getting the bracket to put the TV on the wall of my bedroom that is now on the just sitting on the piano, fix the oxygen hose so I can have it working at my easy chair (I was able to get it fixed so I had it in bed and we took the CPAP machine out of the mix and just going with the oxygen.  I have a number of other small things for him if he has time.  After about 4 days he said yesterday his migraine had finally gone away.

Will make only limited comments today.

Jane, good and will count you as one with the list for contacts.  I think I will just have four or five as hope Pat or Scott will have called someone or posted here when I am gone and no calls will be needed.  However, never hurts to build in a little redundancy into such plans.

Lindancer, I am going to keep a simple of list of things to ask nurse and/or aid when they visit tomorrow and in the future.  I do this as I think of it.  Maybe keeping a little pad of paper handy to jot down your observations or questions would help you remember to ask or even to call with your questions or concerns. It is taking so much energy, like this morning to get dressed and cleaned up I think I will probably just stay in my new robe I have coming this week as the angina and shortness of breath I want to avoid as much as possible.  I am also taking the 1 % morphine with my lunch meds.  Yesterday was the 2nd day.  I have one of those bedside tables but also put one of my little tables from my office on the right side which is better for me to lay my things out on as reaching to the left seems to crowd my heart so am using it now for recharging my electronics and sitting them on it when not in use and another couple of large things.  I have decided to put in a lamp in the corner with a small bulb to stay on.  I thought I could get by with a bright flashlight turned on when I needed more light but think the other is better and I have a little table and a small lamp in the attic that will do the job.

Amy, I am sure one of the medicine changes that Hospice made was to remove the drug (drugs) that was keeping the angina at bay.  Maybe that was on purpose so I would learn my limits and do less so I didn't bring on the pain and shortness of breath.  Will be discussing with them tomorrow when I get the first nurse/aid visit. 

Shirley, only one day of brain fog so far and that is enough as far as I am concerned.  This is something that Pat has to deal with when her Fibromyalgia is flaring up.   

Mycheal, Amen to your comments yesterday about our country.  Why are so many people people struggling to get into America if it is as bad as our politicians when to present to us.  If this is talking politics here then I really don't care.  I do try to stay away from it in these discussions but on this Memorial Day I hope I can be allowed one breach of the rules without making anyone mad.  It is just my thinking and not trying to force my thoughts on anyone else here.

phyllis

It seems we are all dealing with bad weather of some sort.  I hope everyone stays OK and gets through it safely.

Memorial day is just another day for me.  I will do some laundry and maybe I will feel like exploring the new Instant Pot today.  Sort of ran out of steam yesterday so after I found a place to put it and washed up the things that came with it I didn't feel like doing anything so fixed canned soup for dinner and spent the rest of the day in the recliner.  I feel better today so will probably see if that new thing works and I don't manage to mess anything up.  ::)

Shirley, it bothers me sometimes that my parent's and grand parent's graves in Ottawa go undecorated but there is no family there anymore to tend to it so I just remember them in my heart.  I have Tom's ashes here with me and I remember him every day.  Eventually our sons will co-mingle our ashes and take them to the mountains that we both loved.

Larry, I gave away my piano and all the music when I had plans to turn that downstairs room into a bedroom for caring for Tom.  He never came home.  I still miss the piano but had trouble seeing the music and stiff fingers don't work well on the keys so it is just as well it is gone.  But, I still miss it.

Bye for now....Take care.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Back from the garage..they will come and pick me up when the work has been done.

Phyliss, I am so amazed at the instant. Love the idea of throwing the sauce ,meat and dry spaghetti in and in 10 min it is already!!  There are a lot of recipes on pintrest plus other sites and sites. Here is one and I will post others for you.
https://www.friedalovesbread.com/p/follow-flb.html
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone,beautiful day yesterday and should be again today. Nice and warm but not hot. By mid week will be 80°according to the weather guesser.

SHIRLEY  did you get to watch John Wayne movies yesterday? I finally shut off Big Jake and went to bed last night. I enjoyed all of them except How The West Was Won. That was on not too long ago and he only had a short spot in that one. It was his birthday yesterday, nice way to celebrate his life. Most here are in bed early and are not loud.

CALLIE  wit h all those tornadoes out there I pray you stay safe, your family and friends, too. The biggest thing we have to worry about here is hurricanes and we have time to prepare for them. It is seldom we get a tornado here.

LARRY  what you are going through sounds like what my youngest brother-10 years older than me-went through. In his last years we talked more on the phone than we ever did before. At times I could hear his shortness of breath but he fought till the end. You will continue in my prayers.

LLOYD  you missed some good John Wayne movies yesterday on Grit.

GLORIA de  we had sun all day yesterday. Along the south coast they said it was overcast but not in this area. The weather this weekend is like I remember Memorial day being, warm and sunny, great day for parades today.

MYCHAEL beautifully expressed.

PHYLLIS  like you Memorial day is just another day for me. Nothing going on here as usual.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Denver

A blessed MEMORIAL DAY to all.  For some reason I do not like to say "HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY", as it is not a happy day to me😢😢

No big plans for the day.....the weather is sketchy at best....not much sunshine and lots of storm warnings out for the day.  Normally we would take flowers to the loved ones graves, but think we will wait until later when the weather improves. 

We did have a nice meal with Dave and Family yesterday afternoon.  It was a pretty day until it was time for us to go to their home and then the clouds rolled in and we had some lightening and thunder with a few drops of rain here and there.  The table was set to eat outdoors, but the lightening made us change our minds🙀🙀. We did go out later and the kiddos had S'mores at their fire pit.  Michel was doing the best she has in quite a long time.  She started on a regiment of steroids to help clear up the terrible acne rash she has on her face and in her hair.  As we all know steroids make us feel better and it was good to see her acting more normal being with the family🥰🥰 She did not have chemo today due to the holiday so she has a bit of a catch up time before the one next week ON HER BIRTHDAY 😢😢. Tomorrow is their 25th wedding anniversary......sadly there is no planned celebration like I am sure we would have had under a normal situation. 😢.

We are going to pick Matthew up tomorrow and take home to the Boy Scouts Headquarters to get a paper signed, one of the very last things that needs to be done before he can get his Eagle Scout.  He has been qualified since the first of the year, but with all that has been going on he has not been able to get to where he needs to get the signatures....but SOON we all will celebrate his accomplishments🥰. After we are done we will stop and get a bouquet of flowers and a card from the kiddos for them to give to their Mom and Dad. 

I wish you all a good day......the storms are very threating out there, so I hope you all are safe from anything coming your way!

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, I'm with you about the Memorial Day holiday.  I wonder if it had continued to be Decoration Day if it would have retained some of its solemness.  We had a few fire cracker shots but not as many as at July 4th/Independence Day. 

I am watching the Weather Channel to see how the storms move.  Storms are near Chicago now but when they hit Lake Michigan often die out - or at least die down.  We may get a storm but it will come from an area south of Chicago and go south of the lake. 

I'm glad to hear that Michele had such a good day.  Would that it would continue.  Best wishes for their 25th anniversary.  You waited so long for grandchildren and here your oldest is ready to be an Eagle Scout. 

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good afternoon, still Shirley  Decoration Day to me. when I was little, I always went with my grandmother to the cemetery to decorate the grave.  I remember she had a radiator cap with a holder for 4 flags on it so the car was also decorated'

Larry, Maybe a few shots of oxygen would help your sons headache!? I have a night light in my bathroom and one in my bedroom. It took me 10 min to pull my alCKA ON ON. i THINK i GET WEAKER EVERY DAY

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Day is done, gone the sun......... Gloria de, I didn't even put out my flag today because it was so windy it would have pulled it out of the holder mounted in the brick by the front door. Some times it wraps around itself & I will go out all day to unwind it. Wind was ferocious today, but should help dry things a little. NO rain today!

Gloria, I did watch John Wayne all day & thought about you watching the same. :thumbup: I also did not watch "How the West Was Won" for the same reason. One of the shows I actually had never seen before & missed the credits so don't know the name. After watching so many westerns lately, I don't even remember who all was in it, but at the time I was going to remember to ask you the name. Duh.........

Jenny, glad the kids got to celebrate their 25th with Michele feeling some better & sorry she gets hit hard on her birthday next week. Wicked stuff & hope it is doing all it should. When Andy's Evan was set for the Eagle Scout awards his sash with all of his badges turned up missing. I think they said it had been in his locker but never found it again. He wasn't going to go through the ceremony but parents & Scout Master, etc. talked him into borrowing one for the moment. In a city this size there were a number of boys receiving the award at the same time. The paperwork had all been completed long before. His service project was impressive (to me). Congratulations to Matthew, Happy Birthday to Michele & Happy Anniversary to both of them. Quite a week full! 

Mary Ann, I liked the term Decoration Day better than Memorial.... it seemed more inclusive for the grandparents as well as the service members. My brothers both made it home after WWII so my head still thinks of it more for "family" & not so much military.

Amy, I got to reading the recipes on the links you posted, to see how different my pressure cooker is compared with the Instant Pot......pretty much the same, except the IP is more automated/settings. Talked myself out of needing something new since I have pressure cookers & 2 cast iron Dutch ovens. I'm here doing nothing for the hours it takes to fix pot roast in the oven & sure makes the house smell good. I did enjoy the recipes, though.

Larry (and all of us in here), the scariest part of aging is how much the muscles weaken when we don't feel like working on them/with them every day. As much as I encouraged (nagged?) Cas, I did understand he just did not have the strength in his heart muscle to make himself do more. Now when watching the old Western movies that show Indians putting their elderly out in the cold to die, it still sounds wrong, but I can understand better why they chose to do that. The pain meds available today are a blessing. My oldest brother was given 6 months but lived a year and half... basically pain free, thanks to Hospice. It is a relief to me to know Hospice is able to fill the gap that big families used to take care of. I am not in favor of "socialized medicine" but appreciate having a family called Hospice that can help when needed. Thanks to you and Gloria de for sharing this information and updating us on what is offered.

Dark outside and I didn't walk the cats to the river, bad me!!! Don't know about the rest of you but this short week will have my head messed up every day until we get back to the "normal" 7 days.  Sweet dreams and God Bless Every Friend.

JaneS

I'm sorry I haven't been in to see what's going on with all of you!  I was busy first at work, then took a short nap fed the doggies, had supper and watched The Green Berets.  I'd sure love to stay up and watch "The Battle of the Bulge".  That was a great movie but it doesn't start until 1 a.m. and it's 3 hours long.  I'd never make it!

I'm off to bed now!  I wish you all peaceful sleep and a happy awakening.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Liquid sunshine here this morning..no outside work will be done today..
Managed to get all the raspberry canes cut and bagged. The van is fixed a/c is working! Even managed to get some sewing in too.

Today a lot of catching up to do but first I need to take Kyle out for coffee, he missed going yesterday..

Shirley, I can understand if you already have a pressure cooker. This one is so easy to use and doesn't take up much room, pre-programmed and I don't have to babysit it. You have me humming the song day is done now :)

Jenny Happy Anniversary to your son and daughter in love. The treatment on Michele's birthday is a gift ,it just means one less treatment to go and on the way to recovery.

Gloria, we are to have rain today and tomorrow. Must admit it was nice to be out in the sun yesterday. Unfortunately this wet weather brings more blackflies and mosquitos.

Larry, oh my gosh..that is way too hot!!I did take the cover off of our a/c unit yesterday and want to start it to make sure it works. We have been here 19 years and it was here when we moved in.

Better get going.

Enjoy your day everyone

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

This is Tuesday (not Monday) This is Tuesday (not Monday) This is Tuesday (not Monday) This is Tuesday (not Monday) 

Jane, I don't do any channel surfing yesterday & missed those movies. I agree, both would have been nice to watch again. We are the last to actually have lived through WWII and can remember where we were and what we thought about the news of those days. It had a profound impact on my life, for sure.

This is my favorite temperature.... 71°, enough breeze to hold humidity down, half dark, with birds singing & can hear the traffic starting up around the city.  Later today weather guessers are saying we will probably have severe weather because all the conditions are just right to bring on T-storms & maybe tornadoes. Got a feeling this will be one hot & sticky summer. 

Yesterday I drove through the park near my house after running a couple errands, thoroughly enjoyed having to stop to wait on families of geese herding their babies across the roads "to get to the other side". Quite a few families, most of the babies were the gawky/gangly teen aged size, but Mom & Dad had them all under control. The park was crowded with people families having picnics, great bike & walking paths with lots areas with picnic tables & grills, playgrounds & tennis courts. The park joins the zoo grounds so bike/walking paths go all the way around the zoo as well. Miles & miles of paths.

Since my new bike is considered "just a bike" because with battery power it won't go over 20 mph, once I get used to riding, I can enjoy that scenery & be able to ride from my house on the paths. Except for getting off my street to the nearest path that is across the main street near by, I can go over the Arkansas River, over the "Big Ditch" built around the city to save downtown Wichita from flooding and have bike paths to take me all over town, including the parks & zoo. Will have to watch because the battery limit is 45 miles & that is flat land with peddle assist. Got to first get me comfortable riding it.

Cats had their breakfast & sleeping in fav spots. Tiger on a chair by me, Tom went to the basement where it is quiet, and Callie is again, sleeping in their toy box. She has a perfectly good cat bed right next to that box and don't know why she has decided the lumpy toys are to sleep on, but she is snoring. Guess I'd better go fix my breakfast, busy day.. short week and a grandaughter's wedding next week end.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's down in the 50s and rainy this morning.  I'm really tired of the rain but I love how GREEN everything is and I have to enjoy it now because we usually have a pretty dry July and August around here.  I passed several farms on Sunday that already have their irrigation systems in place.

AMY don't forget the pumpkin seeds.  I'm waiting to see how they fare North of the Border.  I'm also waiting to see how they fare in Texas and Oklahoma.  I sent some to daughter Cindy and Granddaughter Ali.

JENY, my good wishes for MICHELE's birthday and for the couple's anniversary.  As AMY said, "One less treatment to go". 

I had to go back and read before it will let me post and SHIRLEY was there.  I remembered this morning that I have a copy of The Battle of the Bulge and I'm going to dig it out and watch it tonight.  You're right about the memories.  I learned more about the world during that time than most kids learn from school in more years.  The two teenage boys next door enlisted right out of high school, one in the Navy and one in the Air force.  They didn't come home!  And I, at the ag of 7 had plans to marry the navy guy. He's the one who was nice to the "little girls" next door.

I've lost my train of thought so I'll just wish you all a good day and I'll try to come back later and check out what's happening.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, we had a beautiful week end on Memorial day. Sunny and a light breeze but not hot. Spent most of the afternoon on the porch with some others,

SHIRLEY  all I remember who were in the casts of the JW movies Sunday was Big Jake Maureen o"Hara and 2 of his sons were in it.

Not up to chatting this morning so I will just wish you all a good day. Stay well and happy.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Amy, thank you for those Instant Pot recipe sites.  I've bookmarked them and plan to enjoy just browsing.  I'm going to try the Spaghetti tonight, I think.  I'm pleased to say that for my "maiden voyage" yesterday I adapted my Chicken Caprese to the Instant Pot and it came out very nearly perfect.  The only complaint I had was that the sauce was a little thinner than I generally like it so the next time I make it I will just do the pressure cooking and then when that is done I will turn on the Saute and leave the lid off and let it cook down just a little.  David had a double helping and said "That is good!" 2 or 3 times so he liked it.  ;)

Shirley, Amy is right....the best part of the Instant Pot is you don't have to baby sit it.  I have two top of the stove pressure cookers and used them a lot over the years but you did have to keep an eye on them to be sure there wasn't too much or too little heat under it and you always had to set a timer and be nearby when it went off.  This one is even better.

I plan to just stay in again today.  This extreme heat is really oppressive.  I hope that we will get a little relief soon but I'm not going to complain.  At least, we are not having the severe storms that are happening in the Central US.

Me, too, on humming "Day is Done".  Remembering so much of past years.  And, I don't like to say "Happy" Memorial Day, either, even though memories of family times together are happy but, also sad because everyone is gone now except me.  I told David that 75 or 80 years ago I would have been.....IN THE POOL!  Our municipal swimming pool always opened on Decoration Day and I would be in as soon as the gates opened.

Enough "talking".....breakfast is calling.  TTYL
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

I think it was Lynn Franz that pointed out a long time ago that there really were words to "Taps"... a little late for Decoration Day, but here's 2 links that will bring back memories.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xNoEu3O8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyKfr8G04Qc&list=RDx9xNoEu3O8c&index=9

JaneS

Day is done
Gone the sun
From the lake
From the Hill
From the sky
All is well
Safely rest
God is nigh!

I don't need to be reminded of the words.  After 60 odd years as a Girl Scout and singing that at the close of every ceremony and before bedtime and any time from dusk on, I'll never forget it. 

JaneS

In fact, it's become one of my "prayer songs" as I sit on the porch and watch the sun go down and wait for the doggies to finish in the yard!

Shirley

I was a Girl Scout drop out after joining for one meeting & lasting only a time or two, Jane. The group my friends belonged to didn't do much of anything but scrap book type projects, Jane, so eventually most of the girls would come to my house for the outdoor type experiences. I think I would have loved your group. Where we used to live was only a couple miles from an enormous cemetery that went all out for Memorial Day. They would sometimes call my son when in high school, to play taps for a military funeral. They would have several trumpets placed at different distances to get the full effect.

Joy

Good morning.  It was sunny earlier, but now it is raining.  Supposed to be like that off and on all day.

I did not get in here yesterday. Everytime I started, I got waylaid by something.

Jenny, sounds like you had a nice family day yesterday and happy to hear that Michele had a good day.

I am with you and Phyllis, as to not liking to hear people say "Happy Memorial Day".. For so many people it is not a "Happy" day. I heard someone the other day on TV, say that it is so much better to just say, "Hope you have Meaningful day"..

Gloria, I also sat out a while yesterday.  It was so beautiful. 

I did go out for dinner, as it was my middle son's birthday.  It was just me, my son and his wife who went. My other two sons had made other plans.  We all had a nice seafood dinner. and came back to my place for cake.

Jane, I was in the Brownies and the Girl Scouts, but I had completely forgotten about the  Day is Done prayer.  One thing I do remember very well, we had a lot of times when we would sing "Climbing Jacob's Ladder"..   Our leader had a beautiful singing voice and she would sing the alto part of that song. I remember that song so well.

Shirley, I am assuming that when you took your little ride around the park, you were on your new "bike".  Did you hear many comments ?  I am wondering what you did decide about wearing a helmet???  I understand that you can't go very fast  on it.  Just be careful !

I need to get myself dressed as I am expecting the maintenance man to finish working on my A/C.   He had to order a part and I am sure it has come in by now.

Larry, hope today will be a good day for you.

Hello to all the other friends that I missed.  I need to get a move on.

Have a wonderful day.  The sun is shining now, after our brief shower.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

I have got a lot done this morning but run out of time to post here until later this afternoon as is time for lunch and resting for 2 or 3 hours.

Amy

Butter tarts in oven with a cherry pie to follow and cinnamon rolls made of leftover pastry now to sew:).

Jane , I was with the Beavers in Scouting...boys age 5 - 7.and had a fantastic time. Kumbaya  along with Day Is Done we ones we sang. Good times for sure. I am so wanting to plant the seeds and seeing the results. Need the ground to be a lot warmer or the seeds will ask for geemagotchies!!
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Another very hot day ahead at 100 degrees or more. 

My kind neighbor across the street, James, was over yesterday and checked out my sprinkler system and will take over any care needed and set it exactly as his is set as our units are identical.  I offered him the king size bed we took out of the guest bedroom I am using now and he was happy to have it for his fourth bedroom upstairs.  It should well work for an occasional guest.  I am happy to be able to help him and know I can count on him.  It is one less responsibility off of Scott's shoulders.  Scott doesn't want it as while he has a big house with many rooms they are all very small.  The same way with my piano as no room and he has the electric Yamaha Grand piano.  So I have a plan in mind to get rid of it (may have already talked about it here)  I also must get the office chair out of my office as need the room for turning my wheelchair, which I am using at my desk now and just now offered it to James. 

This morning I was on the phone canceling all future medical appointments and the monitoring of my pacemaker.  Also taking care of a few other items. Things are coming along nicely. The aid was here about 10 am for just a few minutes to met me and will be my regular assigned aid.  She will be back on Thursday and she will help me with my bath and getting my hair washed.  We are still waiting to hear from or see the nurse that is suppose to be by this afternoon for a short visit.  Things are coming along well on these little details that need to be taken care of. 

I felt better last evening than I have in a very long time and my appetite is already returning quickly.  Today ends my first week on Hospice and I couldn't be more pleased. 

A good friend from my Sunday School class was killed in a bicycle accident near where we live yesterday morning early by a driver who was blinded by the sun.  At another location another person ran into a stopped police car also do to the sun.  Our Church family is in a state of shock and it really was an emotionally difficult day for me.  Of course I am so weak now, plus being a pretty emotional person already, that I shed a lot of tears yesterday.  I tear up over happy and sad and sometimes things in between.  :)

It is already near 5 pm so will try to be very brief (if possible with individual comments today as should have more time tomorrow).  I did make comments to several of you in Norm's B&T this morning. 

Shirley, I don't expect my muscles to increase very much as even in the wheelchair I can take only a few feet at a time using both my arms and legs and have to stop and rest for a minute or two and then repeat the process until I get there.  Learning to live in a wheelchair is certainly a process.  Fortunately while I keep hitting things it is with rubber and doesn't seem to scratch or dent anything.  We are getting the furniture better situated to accommodate my getting around especially between the kitchen island and where my table sits beside my chair. I was scared the doctors were going to suggest I try to go to rehab but guess they realized my heart just isn't strong enough to do that so it wasn't even mentioned.  I am hopeful I will also be able to live for another year and a half under the Hospice care and that I can stay right here at home until my last breath.  It is something I am not going to waste a minute of precious time worrying about as have no control over these matters anyway.  God already knows that moment.  I do want to do all I can do to help Pat and be sure things are as much in order as possible and I have a head start as have most things well documented and now will just make a few more changes that I think I have already mentioned.  My goal now is to be as much of an ambassador for Hospice, based on my experiences on this journey as I can be. 

Will I almost kept my posting short and doing this so late maybe won't need to spend a lot of tomorrow morning on these discussions as I often do.  Soon I hope to have a lot of these little details taken care of and will have plenty of time without feeling rushed.  Hope all have a good night.

JaneS

LARRY, I'm so impressed with your plans and your attitude!  I hope I'll be half as good as you are!

The weather this afternoon was awful!  We had a tornado warning in this county, a MAJOR thunderstorm with buckets of rain and hail the size of cheese balls!  I think it must be about a hundred years since I've seen hail and never this big!

The doggies and I waite it out in the hall.  They thought that was pretty neat that I sat on the floor with them!

Now I have to go find us some supper.

Lindancer

Good evening, Well we did not see any of that pouring rain that eas forecast.Jane and Joy I surely remember Day is Done. Iwas a girl scout for 4 years and a Sea Scout for 3. A man sponsored us who owed a boat all the Silver Star. As I repeat we even got to dance the
sailors HOrnpipe at the Worlds Fair on Scout Day

Larry,my nurse was here to day, and will be back Friday Tomorrow my aid comes for 2 hours. I can have a volunteer on Thursday to take me out.  I do not think I would make it shopping anymore.I was allowed to keep one doctor, either one of my choosing or theirs.  I took their doctor, I might as well go all the way.  By the way they did bring me a wheel chair,but it is still on the sunporch. If Things really get bad this is where you can go.      Kansas Center For Hospice care
Westhampton

Mary Ann, I got up thinking it was Thursday, I really do have the week messed up already. Red zhats is going to send my dinner to me. :thumbup:

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, I have no idea how many days I have wrong.  I have to think back to Sunday, then come forward day by day to bring myself up to date.  And if we don't go to church, all bets are off; I have a bad time.  Dot says the same thing.  I will say that does not happen often; my mind really is in pretty good condition.

Mary Ann

JaneS

We just had a 20 minute thunderstorm pass over us.  Both dogs are cringing at my feet.  I had them out right before it broke.  I heard the thunder as I was locking the door.  Now I'm off to bed before the thunder comes back and I can't get the doggies out from under the desk.  Good night Everyfriend!  Be safe, be dry, be warm and be in God's hands!