Random Image

Flag Ceremony

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 3-19-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, March 17, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone
well we got a good rain yesterday, needed it badly.
Shirley i enjoyed your post of yesterday very much. we need to do that more often ,and sometime you need to slow down and drop by here, we have good beds down stairs can spend a day or two is ok also. we would feed you good.
you should get you a juicer and eat and drink healthy make juices better than that gaiter aid.
Looks like everyone are sleepy heads today. I have to go take my vitals and meds. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning Amy you came in while i was posting Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

I have instant locial weather on my tool Bar, click it and it gives local weather right to the min. says 49º and mostly clear sun today, but still dark here.
c u all Later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I wish you health, happiness and clear skies with just bit of rain to grow the flowers.!

No till to think of today, Amy, but I'm looking forward to a short visit from my daughter. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS tell her to slow down, a long visit would be better.

Lloyd

Amy

To all that need one...

HUGS
(Author Unknown)

There's something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart;
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part.

A hug's a way to share the joy
As sad times we go through,
Or just a way for friends to say
They like you 'cause you're you.

Hugs are meant for anyone
For whom we really care,
From your grandma to your neighbor,
Or a cuddly teddy bear.

A hug is an amazing thing-
It's just the perfect way
To show the love we're feeling
But can't find the words to say.

It's funny how a little hug
Makes everyone feel good;
In every place and language,
It's always understood.

And hugs don't need new equipment,
Special batteries or special parts -
Just open up your arms
And open up your hearts!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Jeanne Lee

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had rain overnight. Nothing happening around here. The manager has been nice lately, makes everyone wondering when the next time she starts complaining again.

JENNY  my older son and DIL just got back from a week in Florida and he said he hated to come back to winter temperatures.

JUNE  I copied what you posted yesterday from Sarah Young.  Thanks.

JENNY  thanks for the update about Joan. Glad Jackie was there, too. Wish I could get out to get her some cards. Being house bound is not fun. Most of the times I get out are for appointments.

LLOYD  glad you got some rain, we had some snow flurries yesterday, today it will be rain on and off.

SHIRLEY  glad Amy's suggestion of Gatorade helped you. The snow piles fropm the plows are getting smaller here. I noticed the yard across the street is still snow covered, does not get much sun there. I have not been in contact with Mare for about 5 years now. Her granddaughter would be out of college by now. Does your granddaughter realize the paint has to dry all the time? My daughter says she does not have to wait as long now as she did in San Diego. Much less humidity in Arizona. She has always done something with a lot of detail.

JANE  you have been very quiet. Hope you are feeling OK.

AMY  glad you didn't drive if it was freezing rain while you were in town. There is a CNA that comes to this building and has been here for me at times. In summer she has a Kayak on her SUV and after work she goes to a lake to paddle around and relax. I would love to have her all the time, she is a very caring lady with a wonderful sense of humor. The last dog my older son had loved apples. She would walk out into his orchard and help herself to the crab apples. Funny to watch her. Love your Hugs, copied to share. I think we all love giving and receiving them.

JEANNE LEE   :hugs:

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Looks like it is going to be another beautiful day, the rain promised didn't really materialize yesterday, got a light shower that just wet the street, dry under the trees.

Amy, deer on our highways is a real problem, especially when we have drought conditions, they come to the highway to eat in the bar ditches where the grass seems to stay green.   

Tisie, we eat out quite a bit, but I hate to fight the traffic getting some place to eat.  Most times it is rush hour.  These cities, now days, people get off at staggered hours, it seems.  From about 4 until 7 the roads are a mess.  All we have close by are hamburger places and I do like a meal.  Back many moons ago when we first moved here we were in the country more or less, just a little two land farm to market highway, now every road around here is five lanes and we are inside the city limits.
I think they said the other day our county now has a population of about 3 million.
To old to move or I would seriously consider it.  In a way I envy the my girls in Del Rio, still just a small (35,000) border town, only rush hour is when school is in and people taking their kids to school on the main road.

I remember the old pumps with the 10 gallon glass bowl, if you wanted more than 10 gallons they had to pump move in the bowl, things were gravity fed to fuel the car.

Wife is up stirring so guess I will go have some coffee with her.

Gloria

How To Tell If You Are A High Tech Redneck

You take your net-connected cell phone to the outhouse to read your e-mail.
Your e-mail address ends in ".over.yonder.com."

Your computer is worth more than all your cars combined.
Your presence on the World Wide Web is a "Down Home Page."

You tripled the value of your truck by installing a portable DVD.

You trim the kudzu back from your trailer so it won't mess up your DSL.

You ever refer to your computer as "Ole Bessy."

Your screen saver is a bitmap image of your favorite tractor.

You start all your e-mails with "Howdy!"

You can fix a trolling motor with a set of PC tools.

You've ever used a CD-ROM as a coaster to set your drink can on.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We are suppose to have a cloudy day today but get up into the 70's without any rain.  Pat and I went to a Chinese Buffet yesterday evening for our large meal for the day.  It was OK and we will probably go back again although Pat ended up later in the evening with an upset stomach.  She thinks the food she ate may have been too greasy.  She seems fine this morning.  When I went to the kitchen this morning I got things ready for Pat's scrambled eggs but had to cut up a red and a yellow pepper so I could put some of it in the eggs.  I am trying to recover as that took quite awhile.  I think next time I will get out the little food chopper and see if that isn't easier.

I just now fixed up my frozen fruit as I haven't had any of it for quite awhile and am enjoying a cup which has the consistency of soft serve.  After it is frozen I usually let it sit for about an hour before eating it as it is better soft than hard frozen, which kills much of the fine flavor of the various fruits.  I got everything cleaned up in the kitchen. I think that will probably be it for today. 

Pat said yesterday we were going to have vegetable soup for our main meal today.  I will likely watch some golf this afternoon and then watch the first two games of the Elite Eight basketball tourney.  Both North and South Carolina Universities won their games by a nice margin last night. 

Gloria, we also have to use the CVS Caremark for the prescriptions we get mail order.  However, a majority of ours we get at the Walmart Pharmacy.  Hope the maintenance man got to you yesterday.  Gloria, those Redneck sayings sound like Jeff Foxworthy.  I enjoyed them. 

Jenny, I saw your picture from Florida and it looked like you were having a good time.  Hope your trip home today went well and the storm had passed and the road clear getting home. It was so good to read a positive report on Joan's recovery and sure hope the worst is over for her. 

Lloyd, don't you know your county needs that dog tax.  Shame on you for getting your haircut and now they won't have the revenue.  :)

Shirley, our dogwoods have bloomed and got the blossoms frozen with our freezing temperatures a few days ago.  At least we got to enjoy them for a few days.  I am wondering if there will be any azaleas blooming at the Master's Golf Tournament in two weeks.  My you sure had a lot of first cousins.  I bet you had some great times when you all got together.  I have never minded eating out as it saved Pat from having to cook a meal and that has become more important now as sometimes neither of us really feel like cooking and are now having simpler meals.   

June, the paragraph from Sarah Young you posted about letting go is so true at this stage in our life.  What we have becomes so much less important and who we love becomes more important with each passing day. 

Amy, I don't remember our dogs ever eating green beans.  My new chair has the control built into the arm on the outside of the arm so can't sit on it.  They had the ones with the control on a cord in the seat but I didn't want that.  Sure glad you avoided that dear.  Our car has a nice dent in the back panel near the gas tank cover where a dear ran into us several years ago while we were driving along on a four lane road.  Fortunately we didn't crash.  I felt thankful as it could have been so much worse. 

Hal, don't envy you dealing with that traffic.  We have a limited number of places to eat here in North Augusta but can easily access many others by going across the river to Augusta which has about 200,000 people although there are numerous communities built around it that hike the population a lot but those areas have their own business districts. 

so_P_bubble

June Drabek

Jenny dear, thank you !!!! it is SO good to hear any news at all about our Bis/Joan. It sounds great , and we all know God hears our prayers, and He knows to love we all have for one another here.

Tisie, you are sounding great today girl. They served us two and three bottles a day of Gatorade when we had the shut down because of flu here at Rowntree. I'm still hurting..going on the third week now, so I just pop some more Tylenol when needed. I tried cutting back to just one dosage today, but it didn't work. I need the full 1000 mg. They took three X-rays and didn't find any breaks, just a lot of bruising. Thanks for your concern dear.

Amy, your location sounds delightful, you are Blessed !! I went to uTube to hear the sound of the loons, and it truly is a distinct sound….to me it seems lonely…like one widow or widower calling to a lost love. Definitely an evening call. When you mention planting beans, I'm assuming it is the green "stringbeans" that I too enjoy eating raw.

Janie, enjoy your visit with your daughter. I had a nice email from my DIL this morning. She has been in Idaho visiting for a week with her son and family…sent me pictures of my adorable three gr. grands.I will be happy to have her home again, and my Gary will be even happier, I know.

Amy…God gave us arms and hearts and the joy of a loving hug. They can be SO healing.Thank you for the poem…it says it all.

Gloria, I'm happy you enjoyed the message from Sarah Young. Her book contains a daily message. I understand she takes a daily time to just listen to Jesus, then she writes it for her book, "Jesus Calling". I'm reading it the second time around, and each page seems "new" again. Is your son planing to keep the orchard for another year ? I think I had asked that before, but don't remember the answer..which is a normal thing in my life now…forgetting.

Hal, we too are having a beautiful day. Rain was forecast but so far it is sunny and cool. My favorite Aunt lived and worked in a border town of Mexico. She managed a hotel, and said she hired a lot of Mexican labor as they worked hard…those were the good old days…..back in the early forties.

Larry, I was impressed with that message of letting go too. When I really think about it, I realize how desperate we can be about clinging to "life". Our family, our friends, our everything……best to hold "love" loosely, or we can smother what we have.

My stomach has developed a new talent..it plays sounds that roll around inside it when eating-time draws near. So, I will close this for now and get ready to dine.

Bubble I have been watching the mini challenge daily...I admire your collection of books.....and chocolate. :)
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Shirley

I read all the posts earlier, started a notepad so I wouldn't forget but was in a hurry to get to Sam's Club for the chicken (for cats) and got busy looking & shopping and totally worn out by the time I got home.  They were having a demonstration/sale of fish cooked in a bag with whatever veggies & seasonings appealed to shoppers.  I tried it last year & was delicious so got the same.... piece of fresh salmon, few stalks of asparagus, little carrots & slice of lemon & pat of garlic butter.  3 min in the microwave when I got home & it really was more than I could eat for less than $5.  Each cat got a bite of the salmon. 

Came home with a nice eye of round roast, + 2 pack of chuck roasts (always one good one & one not so good), I will put half of each in 2 cast iron Dutch ovens & bake tomorrow, & add potatoes the last hour+.  The eye of round I will slice & run through my tenderizer (3x) so each slice becomes a minute steak.  This freezes uncooked & handy later.  Also bought a pack of sausages that were being demonstrated, will freeze for the trip to CO, will make one meal for 3 hungry campers. The boys enjoy cooking over a campfire for me... these are easy & good, different flavor this time. 

I know Joan & others aren't thrilled with camping, but this is one of the favorite joys in my world.  We've learned to cope with having the cats along and they really do not seem to mind being confined, the sights out the windows keep them entertained day & night.  These trips won't go on forever so I'm taking y'all along for now.... if you were around I'd be hugging everyone! 

Larry, I've buzzed over to Photos thinking I'd get to see Jenny's photo of FL but didn't find it and got side tracked with what was going on there.... and then visited the Challenge & loved seeing all the collections.  I do get side tracked & always did say that, "we got to see the neatest sights when I got us lost...." 

Gloria I made one note on WordPad when I read posts earlier.... so I wouldn't forget.... for you to pass on to Regina.  "Gloria, if she has trouble with paint drying it could be the white paint she uses.  When I first started I bought zink white (Grumbacher) & since it mixes with all colors, waited forever for that first painting to dry.  Didn't do much painting for a few years, moved and a neighbor that took the Famous Artist course by mail, told me to use Grumbacher's Titanium white and it made a world of difference."  I paint "wet-in-wet" so want oils that don't get sticky when wet & drag other colors off the canvas.  Everyone has their preferred methods, never know when a tip or trick clicks for someone else.

Lloyd, I do appreciate your generous offer but since the cats need to exercise & run the length of the RV at night, I have to lock doors & sleep in it because I can't let them be at a door if opened from the outside. They would jump out..... panic and would run until they found a place to hide.  Even when visiting my daughter with the whole family there, I slept in the RV in their driveway.  Lucky they have a secluded driveway with electricity to plug into on the porch so I had furnace (propane) & power to run the blower & watch TV.  The cats didn't ask for this life & neither did I, but they were a lot of company for my husband & can't just get rid of them when their usefulness is over.  Except for Tom getting car sick, it isn't too bad.  They understand when I stop that they have to go to the bedroom so I can close them inside before I open a door. 

Must go feed cats. Been a crazy day with cold wind & damp, not enough rain to do any good, but cats have not stayed out for long.  Check in later, always for news of Joan but never go to bed without checking on this family.   

JaneS

Shirley, how on earth do you keep that pace?

Shirley

Jane, I don't compare with all you do, seriously.  You & Amy have got to be the most awesome "seniors" I know.  I'd like to think you both are 30 years younger so I wouldn't feel so lazy, but I know you aren't.  <sigh>  Right now everything around me, house, yard & clutter.... is in total chaos and all I want to do is run away from home.

I have a load of darks in the washer & when it goes in the dryer I will take my Sat night bath.  All cats are in for the night. At this moment, all is well.  Sweet dreams and gentle hugs to Joan & EveryFriend.  God Bless.

JaneS

Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Shirley, I really wish I were half the person you think I am.  And I wish I were close enough to you to go camping with you.  If I said I was going to drive up into the mountains and camp, my kids would take away my car keys, my tent and my sleeping bag.  They would not pack up and go along.

June Drabek

I have never gone "camping". I feel deprived. Proud of you girls who love to do it though.

I don't know where this day has gone...I do know I had another two hour nap this afternoon. Other than that, time was spent on the computer I guess.

Now it is time to hit the pillow and do a bit of reading before I sleep. Have a peaceful night dear hearts, and a happy tomorrow. Prayers, Hugs and Love. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Good evening from Colorado.

Our flights both went smoothly today.  It was hard to say goodbye to Bob's hometown.  We sure had a nice time there.  It is always good to be home.  We had to run out to the grocery store for a few items to get by.  Ate some dinner and I immediately fell asleep in my chair. 

LARRY, there was no snow to be seen....guess it only snowed in altitude's over 6k feet.  The rest got rain.  Where it snowed it melted immediately.  So we had no issues getting home at all.  I sure was happy as I expected to see some. 

There was a post commenting something about Mare?  In my mind, I feel quite certain that Mare has passed away? 

SHIRLEY, sure good to read that you are feeling better now.  Please don't be over doing it with all that food you bought to cook. 

I just can not keep my eyes open, so will wish you all a good night of rest.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good morning Eveyfriend!  I'm sure JeanneLee will be along soon to open a new room at the Soda Shoppe soon so I'll try to come back later.  I wish Everyfriend a lovely day!

Jeanne Lee

Looks like we need to start another week without our Joan at the helm.  Meanwhile, I hope this will serve the purpose: HERE

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast