Random Image

futon bed

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 17

Started by JoanFL, April 17, 2016, 04:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Hi Hal
Trying to catch up on the computer, having problems with my email account.

And thinking of buying a car, but it needs modifying and trying to gauge the cost of the modifications.

kelly

angelface555

I believe Alaska did the right thing in not allowing HOAs or that medical system,(don't recall the name.); that forces you to use their doctors or pharmacies. Although they try to get around that provision with cleverly worded "suggestions." Green stamps were also not allowed in the state back when available elsewhere.

Another pretty morning but the absence of sun and softness to the air seems to suggest we'll see rain again soon.

Kelly

JoanFL

angelface--Could you be referring to HMOs?

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

June Drabek

Good Morning all, I had a long hot shower and shampoo, and it wore me out. I don't expect much from myself this day. Just too tired to care.But I'm glad I'm here, and I love you all, and it is so good to be with you.

Phyll, stomach seems fine today. When these stomach disturbances come up I follow what is called the BRAT diet and it seems to work. Bananas, Rice, Apple sauce, and Toast (dry) if it is up-chucking I find saltine crackers and 7up a better settler. Both bananas and salt need to be replaced in the system…at least for me..Potassium and Sodium.

Hal, Bleach will kill the plants around your patio. and rot your shoes too…beware.

Bis, I think a strict HMO is better than a poor one. And as long as you know it beforehand, and agree, so be it. I think I would like to be a member of the board though.

I think it is time for me to make my bed and get dressed. I would be embarrassed if I were to get company. feeling sleepy again too.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

Probably Joan.  My memory doesn't always wake up when I wish it to.

JaneS

AngelFace, my mind wanders but so far, it always seems to come back sooner or later.  I sure hope that continues.  This morning, I sent my daily "I'm up message to my daughter in Texas instead of the one who lives here and has asked me to do so.  Cindy (in Texas) answered, "Did you mean this to go to Cathy?"  She knows that Cathy is our resident worry-wart and would be the one who want to get it.  I thanked her for returning my mind to the proper groove and redirected the message to Cathy.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

June--They are always begging for people to run for the BOD of the HOA--but I spent a gazillion years being  a volunteer for everything going--and I am done with that type of activity.

Janie--One time I sent an email to a person for which it was not intended, and I was embarrassed because it said some unkind things.  That sure was bad on my part.

June Drabek

Had a bit of a walk to the dining room, picked up two bananas, two small boxes of rice krispies, then on to the library to return a book, and pick up next weeks calendar. It is still nice and cool outside even with the bright sunshine..all the huge trees sure keep the air cool and fresh. The rose garden is doing well. one of these days I am going to count the number of rose bushes, just for my own information, and share with others. I checked out the lunch and dinner menus...nothing really turned me on, so I may open a can of something or other. Must be morning nap time, one yawn is followed by another.....so why fight it ?

Bis..I am just day dreaming about running for anything anymore.....like you I did so much for nine years at Sunwest, I have truly retired here. Other than attending a few programs, and joining the choir..I'm through.

Amy

What a lovely day here, laundry dried in no time on the line and I washed curtains and windows .....and dogs  :2funny: I also got a bath  when they  shook!  Now to wash the towels that I used to dry them with...so far a fun day!!! Earlier when I was hanging laundry out I heard and saw two geese go over head,heard the wind in their wings and prayed they would  NOT  leave their autograph on my clean laundry!!! :thumbup:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Amy, Ohh no, you know what happens to prayers, don't you? they often do come true....
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

June--I volunteered from the time my children entered school.  Then when they were gone I volunteered in many community organizations, both local and national.  When I left Arkansas I vowed that my activities would entertain me.

Amy--You REALLY wanted their messy autograph on your laundry?  :)

Vanilla-Jackie--If Amy's prayers are answered she's going to have to rewash the laundry.:)

JaneS

I'm pretty sure she meant to say "wouldn't leave".  She just missed her "n't".

JaneS

See, she changed it while I was writing!

Kelly

Birds often leave their calling card when washing is out or a car is washed  :)

Kelly

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan, Jane S, ha ha, I knew that Amy meant to say NOT...
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Janie, Jackie-Vanilla and Kelly--I knew she meant NOT and was just teasing.

Kelly

Hi Joan
They have certainly left their calling cars though on my washed car.

kelly

June Drabek

Bis, I have a feeling you were the type of personality that would be a volunteer. What type of work did you do in your working life ? I have had a feeling you were still a working girl when I first came on Senior Net. Seems you were still fllying around the country then...or am I in error?

I finally got my Amazon account straightened out. Had a very helpful girl this this time, but the time spent hunting and pecking around really wears me out. And even though I joined Prime I was charged with mailing. Is there something you are supposed to poke to receive this service and if so "why" ?

I had a long nap earlier, before I tackled Amazon, just didn't want to wake up.

halkel

June, some things you still have to pay postage (shipping).  Be sure the item you want says "prime" under it. or maybe it is next to it.

Just checked and it will say Prime next to price of the item.

mycheal

Wonderful day in Iowa with another even better coming tomorrow.

Did Earth day yesterday and extended it a day to include today , did plant some white pines in the Countryside :)

Thus a grand bonfire here  both nights and in for the night now and finish cleaning off this piled  High desk :)

I too reduced my volunteering this year to give me some "quiet" time deserving I think :)

Enjoy , Mycheal

June Drabek

Thank you Hal, I have copied down what you said. Started a page on Amazon so I will have all pertinent information right there where I need it. They boast so highly on Prime, but then there are all these little corners hidden that one has to be aware of. I will keep track of what I order from now on and see what my savings are by the end of the year (if I make it) and then see what I have saved or not saved.

Mycheal, our earthday program asked for donation of recyclable items. I took down a bag that I started filling with aluminum cans when I first moved here. They had tables set up where people were doing some transplants of greenery. Someone discarded theirs in the ivy here and it was all wilted down, so I took it home and have it in bathroom sink soaking up needed water. Whether it recovers is doubtful but I could not just let lay there. Your white Pines was a lovely donation.

I have been home all day with the exception of two trips downstairs. So I plan to go down for a program of entertainment. Bob Houle, entertainer, is how it is printed out, now what he does to entertain remains to be seen.

So I will bid you all an early goodnight..you will be asleep by the time I return, I'm sure. Sleep peacefully, with God's Blessings on you all, and I send you Love, Hugs and more Prayers. June

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone. well all of our family's luck is not totaly bad even when it is bad. yesterday
my grand deaughter was on her way so collage to do some of her fineals,a simi truck hit her car on the coner while passing her , her spped was 70 mph. Legal speed. on I 70  she did not turn over but done severial compleet turn arounds. she said vhe turned oose of the ttearing wheel closed her eyes and praied.
it put into the cabel that is between the two lained she took out about 170 feet of the cable and posts before comming to a compleet stop. the truck stopped two thre hundred yards down the road and seen her getout and walk away from her car and he left, the stat e truper that investacated the accdent said he never has seen that much cable tore out and the people walk away before. so it looks like god held her in his hands. she said she is pretty sore today but thinks she will be ok.
well good night I will be thanking god in my prayors , that her health is as good as it seams.. she graudates n tht 8th of may and has already got a contract th teach next school year. she will be teaching 10 th grede bilogie. she was doing subtute teaching on lower grades befor she went back to collage to her (i think masters degree) any a higher level than she had. Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

Jeanne Lee

Lloyd, God certainly did have your granddaughter in His hands!  Thank the Lord she is only sore.   :thumbup:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Kelly

Hi Lloyd
Glad to hear your Granddaughter is safe, hoping the soreness does not cause to much discomfort

Best wishes
    Kevin

Kelly

JaneS

Lloyd, my thanks to God also for protecting your granddaughter. 

I'm off to Dreamland!  I had an (almost) "do-nothing" day today.  My daughter stopped by and, while I wasn't in my jammies, I certainly wasn't dressed for company.  She said that was okay.  She's seen me looking worse...like last winter in the hospital when I had a hose in my nose.

Good Night Everyfriend!  I wish you a peaceful night of rest and a happy wake-up tomorrow.  I hope your day will be filled with just exactly what you want to do and people you love to see!

Denver

Good evening, EVERYFRIEND.

THANK YOU, JOAN, for all of the nice stories today,  as I enjoyed them very much. 

LLOYD, I am so glad your granddaughter is ok after that horrible accident.  Our good Lord was watching over her for sure.  Shame in that truck driver.  I will pray for her recovery.... Did she make it to take her tests?

JACKIE, I am so sorry to read about your feeling so ill after eating the item that clearly was not good.  I am sorry that it caused you to start with more terrible symptoms.  Will you have these problems now forever or will they lesson as time goes on?  Glad you heard from the people about the work that needs to be done, but I do hope you can get some help with the costs from the sellers...that is a lot of money they have asked you to pay. 

Our home was painted today.....I was not dealing well with it all, so we got out of here and went to watch our granddaughter cheer lead at a lacrosse game, then drove to our grandsons lacrosse game.  It took my mind off the house for a bit which was good.  A couple of the newly painted neighbors homes are interesting colors..... causing a lot of controversy.  I do not deal well with this nearly bickering going on.  I will be glad when the painters finish up and drive out of the cul-de-sac for good! 

I wish you all a pleasant evening.  Sleep well.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

Lloyd, I join in thanking the Good Lord for holding your Granddaughter in his hands. I'm certain her car is totaled.  I hope they were able to locate the truck that caused the accident.  Blasted driver, more than likely no insurance or guts.

June, bet the plant does live.  With your tender loving care.

My bedtime, so I will bid you all a good night.

Nite, nite, God Bless and Sweetdreams.

June Drabek

Lloyd, I am thanking God for keeping your Grandaughter safe. You must be very proud of the degree she has earned.

Just had to sneak back in. Had a grand time tonight. Guitar and songs from our era. He played the twist and naturally I had to stand up with my cart and twist. He came over and twisted with me while playing the guitar. What a fun night. Have a blessed sleep everyone. June