Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (79).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 01, 2019, 05:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Larry, give my sincere sympathy to Scott for the loss of his dog. I'm one that feels like my pets are like little humans and are my responsibility, so painful, and it doesn't go away for a long time. Glad the cat is there for him to go home to.  By the way, when I was teasing you about getting bruises that you couldn't show, I was thinking about my own bruises and can only remember one time having a big yellow, green & purple one on my thigh and wore short shorts every day to show off my wound. I was much younger then.  ;)

We have not had any rain for 24 hours, the river has not gone down so am afraid some of the trees & flowers may not make it. One year a nice big cottonwood died from too much water.  Everything down stream is flooding so hard to say when it will go down.

I am so sleepy I can't concentrate, cats are fed & I need to eat & just fall asleep. Peace be with all of you & God Bless.

Lindancer

Larry, I am sorry about your son's dog. Pets are our family. We had Tiny our Great Dane put to sleep a few years ago, and I still miss her,  She was 12 and that is a long time for a Dane, Hope you feel better.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

LARRU. please tell Scott that my best wishes go with him.  Shirley and Amy are both right.  Our pets become family and it's really hard to give them up!

I'm going to bed now.  I have to be chipper in the morning because my gardening daughter is coming back to do more planting.  She'll be staying overnight and we're both going to Cathy's for brunch on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day.  My SIL does the cooking and the ladies just eat!  He does a nice job and there are always lots of smiles and lots of love!

I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

AMY I would Like you to Post the rcipe for the (banana orange muffins) sounds good. Good night and sweet dreams. time i get in bed and get some good ZZZZ's

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.
What a beautiful morning it is!!  Went to bed with the frogs singing and woke up to the bird singing. Managed to get the floors washed yesterday and I also did laundry and will hang the bedding out this morning. Our load of wood came and hubby piled some. Our neighbour came over and helps to pile later on in the afternoon.

Today will be to get the rest of the wood piled after we take garbage to the dump.

Lloyd, I will send it to you.

Better get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like it will be a nice day, already 54° but tomorrow rain is in the forecast. Cannot complain about the rain here after seeing all the flooding in some southern states.

AMY sorry about your friend.

LARRY  it is sad to see a loved pet have to be put to sleep. We do get attached to them. Perhaps after a time your son can get a new dog.

SHIRLEY  hoe you do not have that much flooding on the river.

JANE  I know you will enjoy your weekend with your family.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. Thanks AMY will be appreciated.It is 51º cloudy and Light rain. sure up set my plans for the day, I was last evening putting a new ball hitch on the joe dolly to pull our van behind the RV. they are saying for most all day and same for tomorrow. hope you mothers have a great mothers day. Hope you all have a day just like you like.

Llod

phyllis

Good morning.  All is quiet here this morning.  I made Cheesy Cauliflower Soup for dinner last night and it was good.  We are having pizza tonight so I don't have to cook.    :thumbup:   My son and dil sent me a gift certificate for dining out as a Mother's Day gift but since restaurants are so crowded on Mother's Day I think I will save the cert. until later when they are quieter.  Therefore, I will be cooking tomorrow but I have a freezer and pantry full right now so I'll have plenty of choices as to what to have.

Sorry about Scott's dog, Larry.  That is always hard.  But, I'm happy you were feeling better and hope that will continue.

I need to get some breakfast so will be up and away.  Take care, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the
overcast but Spingish Rocky
Coast of Maine. 

I have found that by going to
the front page of Duluth Harbor,
I can see many boats that have
arrived in the last couple of days. 

It is very convenient because I don't
have to go looking right away.   

And I see many that I might have missed. 

The link that I use is in the my
signature below. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Love the card, Gloria. I had 2 of the nesting dolls (given by 2 of my kids different times). Eventually I gave both sets back to the kids so they could show them to their grands as they got older. In both cases they had neglected to buy for themselves. Thanks for the card & Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

Cats are fed & I'm going to boil half a dozen eggs to have on hand, quick protein snack with no effort. The coffee pot just stopped gurgling so better get with it.

Sandy, I'm another that has cut my own hair since high school. I use those "Schick injector" type blades. I went into panic mode some years ago when I couldn't find them, but searches uncovered a new source (probably knock offs) but they work for me. My eyes are not doing well so I do the pull out a wad of hair & measure agains the other side & whack!  I can probably count on one hand the times I've had someone else cut & took months for it to get back to suiting me. Mine needs a trim every few weeks so sure saved a lot of money in all these years.

It is cloudy here this morning, have not heard weather news but I have no plans for the day except to text my youngest son a Happy Birthday. He is heading over seas today, for a couple weeks (work) but stopped to visit me earlier this week to exchange gifts. He will get back the week before his daughter gets married so lots on his mind.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Just checking in today.  I had a rough night with no sleep and not feeling good today.

I will comment briefly  regarding my appointment with the kidney doctor.  He was not happy with the test results on the sodium or the protein.  So he has prescribed salt tablets and emphasized I really need to eat more protein which should be at least 50 grams a day.  Yesterday at Costco Pat found some new Protein drink that has 30 grams of protein.  It is peaches and cream flavor and is very good.  I had the first one of them a little while ago.  She also found some new nutritional bars for me that have 21 grams of protein and ate of of those in a chocolate chip cookie dough flavor.  I hope these things will help me get more energy.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've been busily getting ready for my gardener (my daughter, Christy) to arrive today.  She's enroute right now so should be here soon. 

It's a bit cloudy and cooler today than yesterday.  But it's a good day for working outside, no rain and no sun beating down on us.  She always brings something from down there to add to what we've already planted.  Today, I don't know what it will be.

I guess I better go find my shoes before she gets here and maybe give the doggies their snack so they don't get to begging. 

I hope you all have a good day today. 

Carol

Sandy:  Thanks again, I keep the Duluth cam as a bookmark - having walked the pier many times.  Duluth is Don's home town and very friendly.

Amy:  Fantastic news for you and Kyle: 

Jenny:  Nathan was superior in high school too.  He was in Minnesota then but does come from Nova Scotia.  --Keeping all of you in prayers.

Lloyd:We need you in politics - some common sense is greatly needed especially in this area.

Gloria:  I can't read my note to you... :-[  Thinking of you. 

Lloyd Hammond

carol No NO politics for me, the closest I physically to a palliation was we lived next door to Harry Truman as I was a baby in arms. My mother and Margret Truman as young Ladies were best friends, but that only lasted until her dad got to be president, Margret never seam to not know her any longer.Harry used to hold me on his lap and tickle the bottom of my feet and laugh at me cruel my toes. as a tanager I was driving close to his house on the square in Independence Mo, he was setting on the front porch I circled the block and stopped got out of the car and started to the house. he got up and went inside. one of the Security Guard's met me at the front gate. I told him who I was and what I wanted, he said he is tired and went n for his nap.
I never bothered to go back I do not try to force my self on anyone. I still am friendly and still getting fatter and older. Have a great day.has stopped raining and getting clearer.

Lloyd

Amy

The day has run away fast it seems. We did get to the garbage dump then home to pile the rest of the wood. It is all under cover now and we can order another load for next week. Great to do this work without the help of mosquitos and blackflies .

Lloyd, did you get my email and how is Roley ? He hasn't been in for a while .
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Larry, I am interested in what your doctor had to say about the sodium & protein.... we do need to learn from each other's problems so I hope you don't mind my questions (gonna ask, anyway).  Does he think the sodium problem is from the "water pills" or have you cut back on salt so much?  I know I need to eat "red" meat to keep my body running, I miss the vitamins from that when eating so much chicken. How about hard boiled eggs, would that help with the protein?  Cas would show a low potassium & iodine at times. My theory is most fast food or frozen dinners probably is not made with iodized salt, but no back up fact for that. Hope you can get a better balance, the drink & munchy bars sounds good. I can hear my mother pushing us to eat more... "you can't run a car without gas & oil".  As a kid I was never hungry & perpetual motion so burned up a lot of fuel.

I ordered 2 new 32GB SD cards for my camera. I don't "store" the photos on other devices anymore, the SD cards are so much cheaper than years ago I just leave all the files on them. Have photos stored on so many different types of devices from the mini CDs that the first digital camera used to CDs I created.... and hearing many of the new computers don't come with a CD drive, I'm not sure this one does, that's a shocking thought!  It does!!! First time I've opened it.

Lloyd, interesting about Truman. Read a book about his years after being President, how little he received in comparison with the more recent retired Presidents.

Jane, sounds like you have a full week end. So nice of the kids to come help & eat with you.  I did get out & weed whip the weeds in the berm. Just hate to put round up or other poison on the weeds with the birds & cats exposed to it. Maybe the day will come when I care more how nice it looks, but for now the critters count more. Can't fight that tough old Bermuda grass & the mulberry trees that keep popping up. I whack them down & do put the stuff on the trees when they get tall enough that the cats can't reach the part I cut off... goes to the roots to kill that plant but a dozen more pop up all around. The elm & mulberry are bad enough but little redbuds are as thick as grass in places. I've pulled them out & put in buckets to give away & have young ones taller than me (too big to dig up) growing everywhere. 

I didn't realize it is past supper time. Need to take a shower & wash my hair so better get busy. 

Lloyd Hammond

well we went to oldest daughter's today to celebrate mothers day. she took pictures of the group, I am too thick headed this evening. 1 or 2 of you may got it? I will try to coppie and post in S & F tomorrow. or is someone got it if you can and will post it is ok.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well it is morning but raining again. Just  heard local weather and tomorrow will not be much better. Glad yesterday was a perfect spring day and I spent most of it  outside. Only 44° now and will get colder as the day goes on.

LLOYD  hope the rain let  up for you so you could get the hitch ready to pull your van and you can get going on your next trip in the RV.

PHYLLIS  when older son takes me out for Mother's day it is always on a Saturday evening. Even then it is pretty crowded.

SHIRLEY you are very welcome. I cannot make cards anymore so that  is the best I can do. I will have to head for the card folder to see what Bubble and Patricia have created.

LARRY  hope that high protein helps you.

JANE  your garden should be looking beautiful this morning. I miss having flowers planted that I could cut and bring into the house.

CAROL  you reminded me of not reading me of when I first star ted in Bis' Nest and could not read the notes I jotted down until Oscar told me about notepad to type on and copy/paste into the post box.

SHIRLEY  I read recently that folks are using seasalt more thinking it is less sodium but it is not iodized. That is the only kind I have.

Have a good day and all Moms have a great Mother's Day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Overcast here too Gloria and they are calling for more rain..again.

We are out for breakfast with the neighbours and his 92 yr old Mom . Not much else will be done for the day, just letting our sore muscles re-coup for the next load of wood. Kyle surprised me with a dozen roses.

Hope everyone has a special Mother's Day and Jane hope your muscles are not screaming.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!

AMY, I do have a couple sore spots here and there but I bet Christy will have more than a few!  She's not up yet.  When she comes here, I try to keep it quiet in the morning so she can sleep.  At home, she gets up very early and she deserves to get a little extra now and then...especially on Mother's Day!  She's an excellent mother herself and a terrific daughter to her own mother!

We planted a gorgeous rhododendron yesterday an got a large section ready for other things.  We haven't decided what else goes there but we did hit a garden center for ideas.  And she has a couple feelers out to friends who have extras....like Shirley!  If I lived closer to you, SHIRLEY, I put my dibs on a couple of those redbud trees.

LLOYD, what interesting memories you have of Harry Truman! 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS!! :thumbup:

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Joy

Happy Mother's Day to all !

And, this includes any family member or friend who is in a "Mother's Role".   They are all special "Moms"   Have a wonderful day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Happy Mother's Day

About as perfect weather as I can imagine. Sun is shining, not much wind and 63°. Had a few geese come by to see if I had any bread left over from yesterday. I took them out a few slices & fed down by the water so they get the point about not coming to the top. Gloria, think you would appreciate the day, does not feel damp at all outside & don't even need a jacket in the sun.

Jane, sure wish there was some way to send you a whole bunch of these little redbuds. I never knew they were so prolific, but I kid you not, every crack in the driveway has one sprouting up as well as the berm & any place the mowers can't get to. They grow so fast I can't keep them pulled out before they are too big to pull.

Amy, how many cords of wood do you burn in a winter?  Do you have a stove to use wood to cook on in summer?  Wood is so expensive here you can see the dollars going up in flames..... seriously. My furnace came on last night, been off & on all week but the damp cold is more noticeable than winter cold, I think. Got to call & have the AC man come out & check it out, think it will be hot-hot in another few weeks. I always dread summer.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. I don't know what happened here as had written a my beginning paragraphs that were rather long indicating I had a good nights sleep thanks to taking a benedril and Pat helping me sleep on my side by putting a pillow under my back.  I guess I had written too much explanation.  I did take my shower this morning as felt like doing it but by the time I got dressed I had spent most of energy so plan on taking it easy the rest of the day.  I was late getting to my office and just now finishing my breakfast and it will soon be time to rest and listen to last week's Church service.  I will probably watch some of the golf today if it isn't rain delayed again.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers and those who have filled mother's shoes. 

I am going to limit comments here today as it will soon be noon and I like to be done here in my office by then and like to post here in the mornings.

Carol, not sure there is such a thing as common sense in politics at least sometime I wonder.

Lloyd, interesting early life experience you had with Harry Truman.  I think he is my favorite president because he spoke the truth and said what he thought. 

Shirley, my doctor didn't think the sodium problem was from the diuretics and wasn't taking them when I had the severe problem with sodium that put me in the hospital.  I have never salted anything other than popcorn and ear corn.  I prefer the foods natural flavors.  Don't you belong to Costco?  Even if one doesn't you can mail order from them but pay a higher price.  The high protein drink is called Premier Protein and the peaches and cream is great.  the Protein bar is just called Kirland Protein Bar.  I had the Chocolate Brownie one this morning and like it better than the Chocolate Cookie Dough one, although it is acceptable.  I think there are 8 of each in a box.  I don't like hard boiled eggs. Unfortunately I have no appetite now and eat very little in the evening.

CallieOK

Happy Sunday/Mother's Day.

Amy,  I have neglected to mention how pleased I am that Kyle had a good report from the doctor. Hope that continues.

Jenny, This may be a poignant and special Mother's Day for Michelle.   I hope she is well enough to enjoy it.

Shirley, my thermostat has been set on Heat for the past several days.  May need to switch it to Cool this afternoon because the sun is actually shining and most of my windows are on the west side.

No family around today.  I did receive flowers......two weeks ago when All My Children came for the afternoon and planted annuals in the patio pots, flower bed planters and amongst the perennials (some of which are blooming) in the flower beds.  if I knew how to get the pictures off my cell phone. I'd share the colorful array.

Probably wouldn't have had anyone around, anyway since #1 son has a pulled thigh muscle, #1 dil is dealing with some vertigo, #2 dil is having pancreatic issues (again) and #2 son, in addition to caring for her, is absolutely swamped at work with landscape design projects.  (I know that's a good thing - but he's beginning to wish the company sales staff wouldn't do quite such a good job  ;) )

JaneS,  sounds as if you, too, will have a colorful yard.....except you've done more of the work yourself than I did.

The Youth did the church service this morning and it was wonderful.  There are several talented musicians in the youth group - as well as a well-trained bell choir.  The instrumental music was lovely (NO guitars or drums!!!!) and the speakers were very articulate.

The two of us from the OTL Bunch who didn't have family plans had a Braum's hamburger after church because our favorite diner was closed up tight.  Can't imagine why they'd be closed on this kind of holiday but.... ???

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day

Lloyd Hammond

Larry I forward a picture to you taken of what of our family was there yesterday. I can't seam to figure out how to post here. If you get it and can and will pleas do so If you feel up to doing it.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

If any and all you girls got cut flowers as I got for Nancy. to make them Last lot longer, cut the bottom of steam off at a angle about 45º. ( 3/4") take a (1 quart of water hot as you can stand on inside of your wrist, like when you are making formula. 1 teaspoon of sugar 2/3 drops of bleach and repeat the above every 3 or 4 days. I got Nancy a dozen red roses and took her out to King chef buffet. we have had rain light and thunder storms on off all day. but sun has won out for now. Have a good day rest of.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm off to bed!  This has been a cold, rainy day and it was dreary! I'm ready to give it up.  Unfortunately, tomorrow is to be the same.  Will it never stop raining?

Good nigh my friends! And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

Good evening and late HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY wishes for ALL of our special mothers❣️

I celebrated my Mother's Day with my two Colorado Sons yesterday, as they both had tickets to playoff game 7 of the Denver Nuggets vs the Portland Trailblazers.  They offered to buy Bob and Me a ticket but we kindly declined.  I no longer enjoy the challenge of going for another live games or concerts for that fact.  Sadly, in spite of the Nuggets being ahead in the majority of the game, they managed to loose by 4 points.  So now our Nuggets are out as are our Avalanche.😢😢😢

Tomorrow starts a stressful week with the uncertainty of what is going on with Michele.  We are all on high anxiety, especially Dave and Michele.  Once agin, I thank you all for your continued positive thoughts and prayers. 

My HAPPY Mother's Day gift to myself is a trip to the dentist tomorrow or when ever I can get in after breaking off a tooth.  I was not eating or anything....just bit down and a tooth was in the bite🤬🤬 It is a crown, so not sure what is in my future......more than likely just another expensive crown! 

I wish you all a good night of rest......

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"