Random Image

bird dog

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

What's For Dinner? 2016-19 Archived

Started by phyllis, March 29, 2016, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Three ingredient peanut butter cookies from The Platter Talk; "To make these three ingredient peanut butter cookies, all you need is: Sugar, Peanut Butter, Egg

We like to add a little vanilla in with the recipe, but who's counting?! Also, these peanut butter cookies are plenty sweet.

You can easily cut back on the sugar (maybe by half), and you'll find they are still delicious and great for dunking.
Some fun add-ons to these easy Peanut Butter Cookies: Add some chocolate chips to the mix. Frost these with some decadent Nutella. Take a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and make a sandwich cookie.

Make ahead cookies

Keeping in line with the "3" theme going on here, you can put make these peanut butter cookies up to 3 days ahead of time and store in an airtight container until ready to dunk.

How much better can it get?
Make This Irresistible Quick Dessert

It's not necessary to be a kid, to make these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.

It is not necessary to be a kid to enjoy them. How can such a cookie not be a miracle?  Enjoy this one!   -Dan

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
This easy cookie recipe is perfect for teaching kids how to make cookies. Try this easy peanut butter cookies recipe and make it your own!
Course Dessert
Cuisine American
Keyword 3 ingredient, 3 Ingredient peanut butter cookies, cookies, How to make cookies, peanut butter, peanut butter cookies
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12
Calories 196 kcal
Author Dan from Platter Talk
Ingredients

1 cup sugar
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla optional

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    Stir the ingredients together until smooth.
    Scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. (Roll into 1" balls with your hands, if you do not have a scoop.)
    Press down with the back of a fork and then press again from the opposite direction, to form the criss-cross pattern on top
    Bake for 12 minutes and allow to rest on baking sheet, 1 to 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

angelface555

From the Spruce eats,Engish Muffin Fried Egg Breakfast Pizzas

Ingredients

2 English muffins, split
    4 tablespoons marinara or other spaghetti sauce
    ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    4 large eggs
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
    1 tablespoon grated Parmesan

Steps to Make It

Preheat the oven to 400°.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Place the English muffin halves on the baking sheet and toast for abut 4 minutes, until very light golden brown.

Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on each muffin half, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese over each.  Return the muffins to the pan and return them to the oven for another 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Meanwhile melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Crack in the eggs and fry them to your liking (I like to cook them for about 3 minutes, then cover the pan for another 2so that the tops firm up nicely, but the yolk stays runny).

Remove the English muffins from the oven, top each with a fried egg, season with salt and pepper, then evenly sprinkle over the oregano and the Parmesan.   Serve immediately with an 8-ounce glass of milk.

angelface555

Spruce Eats, Spicy Tomato Jam, better than catsup!
Total: 100 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 90 mins
Yield: 2 to 2 1/2 Cups (40 servings)

Ingredients

3 pounds plum tomatoes, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped*
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (more or less as desired for heat)
    3 tablespoons lemon juice

Steps to Make It

*Drop the tomatoes in boiling water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until skin begins to split, then drop in ice water and let cool slightly. The skin should be easy to remove.

Combine the tomatoes, spices, sugar, pepper flakes, and lemon juice in a saucepan.

Bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce heat to low.

Cook, uncovered, until very thick, about 1 1/2 hours.

Stir occasionally to check for thickening and to prevent scorching.

Use this jam as an appetizer spread with cream cheese, on burgers, as a dip, or use it to flavor and top meatloaf instead of ketchup.

Mary Ann

Patricia, for my supper tonight, I had something similar to the English Muffin egg concoction only I poached my egg.  I mixed some mayo, mustard and grated cheese (my cheese was cheddar), put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.  I spread the mayo mix on the muffin and topped that with a slice of Canadian bacon.  Then I poached the egg until the white was firm and put it on top of the bacon.  Seasoned with salt and pepper and ate it.  I liked the results and will fix it again.  I can add some oregano and Parmesan cheese if I think of it.  I like my eggs runny, but there is no reason they cannot be poached to be firm, and no reason fried eggs cannot be used.  Versatile.

Mary Ann

angelface555

MaryAnn, I like all types of eggs and your poached recipe sounds quick, easy and delicious to me!

angelface555

From "The Spruce Eats," Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs;

Total: 6 hrs 5 mins Prep: 5 mins Cook: 6 hrs Yield: 6 servings

"This fabulous five-ingredient recipe for slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs tastes like something from a restaurant. It's perfect to serve to your family and comforting and delicious enough to serve to guests. The best part is it's so easy and is made completely in the slow cooker.

Be sure that all of the pasta is completely covered with liquid when you put it into the slow cooker so it softens in the crockpot's heat and moisture. Any pasta that sticks out of the liquid will not cook properly and will be too tough and hard. Note that when the spaghetti is added, the dish will need to cook for an additional 15 to 25 minutes.

You can use plain spaghetti or whole grain pasta in this recipe. Just cook it until the pasta is al dente, or "to the tooth." That means the pasta is tender, but still firm. The center of each thin strand should be opaque, not white, and the pasta should taste cooked.

This recipe is perfect as-is, but you could add more veggies to the sauce if you'd like. Some chopped bell peppers, grated carrots, or garlic would be delicious and healthy additions.

Serve this dish with some toasted garlic bread and a green salad tossed with tomatoes and mushrooms.  A glass of red wine would also be wonderful. For dessert, serve some wonderful brownies or chocolate chip cookies for an easy and complete meal."

Ingredients

1 onion (chopped)
    1 (16-ounce) package frozen fully cooked meatballs (can be thawed)
    1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
    1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
    1 1/3 cups water
    2 handfuls spaghetti pasta (about 8 ounces, broken into pieces)

Steps to Make It

Gather the ingredients.

In a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker, place the onions (and any other vegetables you'd like to add if you are using others) at the bottom of the cooker. Top the vegetables with the meatballs and​ diced undrained tomatoes.

Add the spaghetti sauce to the mixture in the crockpot and stir gently. Rinse out the spaghetti sauce jar with the water and add it to the crockpot.

Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 3 1/2 hours, until the onions are tender and the meatballs are hot.

Stir the spaghetti sauce mixture well, then add the broken spaghetti. Stir and make sure that all of the spaghetti is separated and is completely covered by the sauce.

Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the spaghetti is al dente (tender to the bite, but with a slight firmness in the center). You have to taste the pasta to make sure it is properly cooked.

Stir and serve immediately, with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.

Serve and enjoy.

angelface555

Simpe Truth's Five Days with one Chicken. Note you do not have to start with a rotisserie chicken altho it's faster.

One roasted chicken can keep you satisfied for many meals if you plan strategically. Use your favorite recipe, or make it even easier and buy a Simple Truth™ Rotisserie Chicken. Either way, with some clever hacks and with the help of economical meal-stretching ingredients, you can be the next one-bird wonder.

First, a few tips:

Cut as much of the meat from the bones as possible. Depending on your meal plans, shred, slice, or cube the meat and refrigerate it in an airtight container. Or, if you plan on serving whole thighs, wings, or drumsticks for one meal, separate those parts and set aside.

Use your slow cooker to make chicken stock using the carcass. Just add water and any cut-up veggies you like, such as carrots, celery, and onion to add flavor. You can use the stock for a soup recipe later in the week.
    Keep in mind that the breast meat dries out faster than the dark meat when re-used in recipes.

And now for some meal ideas:

Day One (the day you roast your bird or buy a rotisserie chicken): Serve the thighs, drumsticks, and wings along with a simple vegetable and roasted sweet potatoes. Add a green salad if you wish.

Day Two: Use some of the chopped breast meat to make chicken salad. Add plenty of celery, onion, shredded carrot, chopped pickles, and dried cranberries, chopped apple, or grape halves—whatever you like.

The addition of chopped almonds adds even more volume (and protein)—so you really don't have to use much chicken to have enough salad for sandwiches., For a speedy dinner, serve the chicken salad sandwiches with soup and fresh fruit for a nutritious meal.

Day Three: Is it Tuesday? Then it's taco night! Again, you can use minimum amounts of chicken when you add refried or black beans into the mix. Rice or quinoa can also bulk up the tacos, served on corn tortillas with salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, and avocado slices.

Day Four: Up for grabs! Get creative with what you have on hand. You could make a chicken potpie, filled with lots and lots of veggies and cubed potatoes to stretch your chicken further. You could do chicken omelets, filled with veggies like mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes, or do a quasi-Indian chicken masala, using spinach, sweet potato chunks, carrots, peas, some chicken and a jar of tikka masala sauce (or make your own). Serve with brown rice for a filling meal.

Day Five: Today you use the chicken stock you made in your slow cooker earlier in the week. Make a traditional chicken soup with whatever chicken you have left plus carrots, celery, onions, and noodles. Or go Asian-style and add Chinese five-spice powder, soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic to your broth. Add the chicken, some rice noodles (spaghetti works in a pinch), cubed tofu and fresh cilantro. Top with a lightly cooked hard-boiled egg half, and you've got a Japanese ramen - Vietnamese pho combo that's filling and healthful.

Joy

Patricia,  Thank you for all those ideas.  I can usually get several meals from one of the rotisserie chickens.  Although, when I get them from Walmart, they just seem to be getting smaller and smaller. There s another grocery store that I order from and the last time I got one from them,  it was a good sized one. Although more money, as this particular store is higher than Walmart. 

Since it is usually warm when I get it home,  I try to take it all apart while it is still warm.  Is a lot easier that way.  But, I never think about making the broth from the bones.  I am not a big soup eater, but I guess if I added the veggies along with either some of the left over chicken, or cook a couple pieces of chicken and add to it later. 

I plan to save the list you wrote. Those are great ideas.  THanks for sharing your hints.

Joy
BIG BOX

angelface555

Joy, I often take the broth I made from the bones and freeze it. While I don't often make soup, I usually use it in slow cooking recipes or with the Instapot for adding liquids to dishes. You can use it instead of water for rice or noodles and adding extra flavor to a multitude of other dishes.

angelface555

I have several bags of one and two cup servings of rice in the freezer just for recipes such as this one.

Easy Fried Rice from Yummly;

"This awesome stove top recipe for Easy Fried Rice is just what you need for these dog days of summer or for any time.  Just make some rice, let it cool in the fridge, and 15 minutes later dinner is on the table. To make it more hearty, you can add in some cooked chicken or shrimp."

This is what you will need to make this fantastic Easy Fried Rice:

1-1/2 TBSP butter
Two eggs whisked
12-ounce bag frozen peas and carrots
2 tsp minced garlic (about four cloves)
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups cooked rice, chilled
Three green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup soy sauce (more or less to taste)
1 TBSP oyster or fish sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil

First, melt the butter in the skillet over medium-high heat and add the whisked eggs. Scramble the eggs until they are almost dry. Salt and pepper the eggs to taste, and remove the eggs from the pan.

Next, add the rest of the butter into the skillet and saute the garlic for about a minute. Add in the whole bag of frozen vegetables and continue to saute until the vegetables are heated thru...about 3 minutes.

Add the rice, soy sauce, oyster or fish sauce and green onions to the skillet and stir until everything is blended. Then fry the rice for about 5 minutes. It may take a little work to get everything worked into the chilled rice. But it is so worth it! Just a note – the oyster or fish sauce really give this rice an authentic take-out flavor, but the rice is still amazing without it. If you are adding in cooked meat, this is the time to add it to the skillet.

The final step is to add the sesame oil and stir to blend it in. Then, just remove from the heat and serve.

angelface555

Earlier this week I took out of the freezer, two cups each of navy beans, kidney beans and great northern beans(Cooked beans will freeze for eight months so those and cooked rice are nice to have already frozen for quick recipes), into the fridge to thaw.

I put the refrigerator thawed three cups of mixed beans, one cup of chicken broth, one cup of tomato sauce and sliced tomatoes in a six-quart slow cooker on high for two hours. I put the other three cups through the blender.

I added the three cups of bean puree to the slow cooker, stirred thoroughly and let it cook on high for one last hour. Just before serving, I added one small package of cooked bacon crumbles. I had one serving for dinner, took half to a shut-in on the next floor, and will have the rest within two weeks.

This is great both for meal prep and for a quick non recipe meal.

angelface555

The Spruce Eats's The Utimate Lemon Posset

Three ingredients make this a quick, easy, and light dessert.

Ingredients

2 large unwaxed lemons
    2 cups double cream (or heavy cream)
    2/3 cup caster sugar (or superfine sugar)

Steps to Make It

Finely grate the zest and juice the two lemons.

Pour 1/2 cup of the lemon juice into a small saucepan. Add the grated zest and the caster sugar and stir. Bring the mixture to a slow, gentle simmer and then leave to one side.

Bring the cream to a gentle boil. A heavy boil will spoil the cream and ruin the recipe.

Slowly whisk in the syrup then strain into a clean jug. For a very tangy posset, don't strain.
    Lemon Posset Recipe

Let the posset cool slightly then pour into small ramekins or glasses.
    Lemon Posset Recipe

Leave to cool completely then chill in the refrigerator for several hours. The cream will become a silky, thick cream.

Remove from the refrigerator and leave for 5 minutes before serving.
    Lemon Posset Recipe

Serve and enjoy!

angelface555

Easy Homemade Hollandaise from The Spruce Eats

Total: 6 mins
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 1 min
Yield: 3/4 cup (3 servings)

Ingredients

1 egg yolk
    1 1/4 teaspoons water
    1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
    1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
    salt to taste

Steps to Make It

Gather the ingredients.

Place the stick of butter in a small saucepan.  Melt the butter in the saucepan.  Make sure to swirl the pan until the butter is no longer frothy. 

Place the egg yolk in a cup that just fits the head of your immersion blender. Add the lemon juice and water to the cup. Turn on the immersion blender and begin pouring the melted butter into the cup while the immersion blender is still on.

Blend until the sauce is completely smooth. Whisk in the salt to taste. Store in a lidded pot in a warm place. The Hollandaise cannot be reheated once it gets cold. It will also not pour properly if it becomes too cold! It will only stay the right consistency while it is a warm temperature!

JeanneP

I can't bring up current posting. Just goes all the way back to 2016 on all the forums.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Your reply is in the current one.   :)  :)

angelface555

Spruce Eat's Quick and Easy Ice Cream Fudge

Total: 40 mins Prep: 25 mins Cook: 15 mins Yield: 1 8x8 pan (64 servings)

"Ice Cream Fudge is an incredible fudge recipe made with only two ingredients: ice cream and chocolate! Yes, you mix the ice cream right into the fudge--I told you it was incredible! Because this fudge is so simple, it's important to use high-quality chocolate and flavorful ice cream to get the best taste. Cheap ice cream and chocolate chips will produce tasteless, bland fudge. For an extra treat, try using ice cream with mix-ins like nuts, candy bits, or cookie dough--they make the final fudge even tastier."

Ingredients

1-1/2 lbs/24 oz semi-sweet chocolate (finely chopped)
    1-1/2 cups ice cream (slightly thawed)

Steps to Make It

Gather the ingredients.
    Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Take the ice cream out of the freezer to be thawing while you melt the chocolate.

Place the chopped chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until it is nearly melted. Stir after every 30-40 seconds to help it melt evenly and keep it from overheating.
    When the chocolate is nearly all melted, stop heating it and instead stir it until the remaining bits melt and everything is smooth.

The chocolate should be melted and warm, but not hot to the touch, and the ice cream should be melted and soft along the edges, but not liquefied. Add the ice cream to the chocolate and stir until the ice cream is incorporated. The cold ice cream will cause the chocolate to get hard, and you will probably have a clumpy chocolate mixture with lots of hard chocolate bits in it. That's okay!

Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, stir well. The hard chocolate pieces should have melted and smoothed out, but if you still have a few stubborn chocolate chunks, microwave it again in 10-15 second intervals, just until the chocolate smooths out. At the end of the process, you should have a shiny, smooth liquid fudge.

Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for at least 4 hours, or in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
    When the fudge is completely set, remove it from the pan using the foil as handles. Peel the foil away, and use a large sharp knife to cut the fudge into small squares to serve.
    Ice Cream Fudge Fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.

angelface555

Trader Joe's just released their 15 favorite recipes;

https://tinyurl.com/ya7mbvoo

angelface555

PREP TIME 20 minutes
INACTIVE TIME
minutes
COOK TIME
minutes
TOTAL TIME
1:05
hours
COOKING LEVEL
Beginner

SERVING SIZE:
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS:
For The Chicken:

1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted (see Cook's Notes)

1 teaspoon dried oregano

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon smoked hot paprika

3 tablespoons vegetable juice cocktail, such as V8

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 6 pieces (see Cook's Notes)

For The Bread Salad:

3 cups diced rustic Italian bread

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 1/2 freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano

1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

1 small fennel bulb, stalks removed, thinly sliced

1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed

INSTRUCTIONS:
This recipe first appeared in Giada's Italy.

Place the garlic, onion powder, fennel seeds, oregano, salt, paprika, vegetable juice, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until it forms a rough paste. Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag. Add the paste to the bag and rub the marinade all over the chicken pieces. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.

Place one rack in the middle of the oven and another in the top third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Remove the chicken from the bag and arrange the pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven on the middle rack and roast for 30 minutes.

In a large bowl, toss the diced bread cubes with the olive oil and 1⁄2 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano. When the chicken has roasted for 30 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and scatter the bread cubes around the chicken pieces. Return to the oven, this time on the top rack, and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until the bread is toasted and the chicken is golden brown and registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.

In the same large bowl used for the bread cubes, combine the tomatoes, fennel, basil, lemon juice, the toasted bread cubes, the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano, and all of the juices from the chicken tray. Add a bit of extra-virgin olive oil, if needed, depending on the amount of juice from the chicken, and toss well. Serve the bread salad alongside the roasted chicken.

Cook's Notes: To toast the fennel seeds, place the seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Toast them, stirring often, for 2 to  3 minutes, or until fragrant.

Ask your butcher to cut the chicken into leg, thigh, and breast/wing portions, or substitute an equal weight of your preferred chicken parts.

RECIPE BY
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS
www.giadadelaurentiis.com

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/lifestyle/10-quick-easy-skillet-sheet-pan-dinners-chefs-food-pros-ncna967316?cid=eml_better_20190206

larryhanna

Patricia, can you give me a name to use for the recipe you posted in message #1698?  Thanks.

angelface555

Easy Crock Pot Short Ribs Collection

I hope you're feeling more rested, Larry!

larryhanna

I apologize for letting the indexes get far behind but just haven't felt like keeping them.  I hope one of these days I will be able to go back and bring them up to date.

angelface555

Larry, your rest and wellbeing is more important right now. We're just glad to see you posting.

FlaJean

I haven't been doing a lot of cooking lately, but I did make a pot of chili yesterday that was good yesterday and will be good again today!

I bought myself a bread machine and have been using the dough portion to knead and raise the dough and then I bake the bread in the oven.  I found the most delicious recipe from the King Arthur flour site that I just love.  Even my husband loves it and he isn't really a "bread lover" like I am.  So that is about all the cooking I have been doing.

angelface555

Jean, fresh baked bread and homemade chili sounds good with all the browns and grays outside my window and all the spring rain we've had!

I've been trying to use up as much from the freezer as I'm able. I just haven't felt into cooking either.

JeanneP

I gave my Bread machine away. Sorry now. Did see a small one over at the Goodwill last week. Will check if still there. I love the bread made in them. We use to have a great gang on the Seniornet on the Bread Machine forum. Was fun.
JeanneP

JeanneP

All my forums are again throwing me b ack into March 16, 2016. Tried every way again to just bring up recent postings.gets so tiring when trying to take time to catch up.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Now back up to today.
Still busy clearing out things that I have let pile up for years. Would be easier if would stop all this raining. Sun out right now but not in the mood to work.
Just making fridge pickles. All the sweet Vadalia onions are here. Love them. I usually do Onion, Cucumber. and carrot slices but now carrots at the moment. Did have cauliflower and so trying that with the onions. Going to try sweet peppers once I get some. Never done those .
I miss my Bread Machine also.
The hole in the bottom bothered me also. I think what I finely did wastake a little of the mix. Just a table spoon out of the mix and then put it in the hole before I put the rest of the mix in. (I wet it like a little play dough

JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Broiled Salmon with Creamy Lemon Sauce (from Tomereader1)

Phase 1

This deciptively simple salmon entree includes a sinfully rich tasting lemony sauce that will impress ever time.  For best results, squeeze your own fresh lemon juice.

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet

Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Reduce heat to low.  Stir in the lemon juice, capers, and lemon pepper seasoning and cook for 5 minutes.  Add the sour cream and cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through.

Meanwhile, place the salmon on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes, or unitl the fish is just opaque.  Serve with the sauce.

Makes 4 servings