Random Image

Norm's

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Patricia, your monitor must be huge.  I have a 15.6" on my laptop.  Seeing that it is so close to me, it is adequate, however, it still is hard to read when someone does not increase the size of the font.  But I can make things larger.

Watching the bridge go up and down is interesting, but I also like to hear the ship and bridge blow their horns in greeting.

Tom had to use all of his ingenuity in filling the freezer.  It really is Tom's kitchen but when we order groceries, I order some things that I like.  I finished a box of fish last night, so added another box to the list.  Come to find out we already had two more boxes so we're back to three.  I told Tom whenever he wasn't here for supper, I'd use a box of the fish.  I only fix two of the four and I'll put the other two in a baggie and that will save some space.  I always tell him to check my order so when he knows we have duplicates, he can delete what I have ordered.  He doesn't always do that and he did not do it this time. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

MaryAnn, I also had a 15.6 on my laptop. So the new 21" is taking some getting used too but I really like it. The broken ice in Lake Superior really reminded me of a puddle.

Jean, with the YouTube videos, they include three or more cams of the ship going through in one video along with the bridge sounds and transmissions of radio calls. Also, you can watch at your convenience.

JeanneP

Angel. Great Shots. I go in once in awhile but never seem to catch any sailings.

Jean. Now it seems like I have not seen any birds at all for ages. So hot the past summer here and then unbelievable Winter. I just don't see Rabbits either. Deer never now.  I think all things have left us in Illinois. If things don't get back to normal I think I will be gone along with them. No idea where. All States seem to be changing .
JeanneP

SCFSue

I've had a few cardinals and some wrens arrive recently.  They only stay a few days to feed and then head north if the weather is nice enough.  They come up from the coast near where Fla Jean lives.

Sue

so_P_bubble

yesterday was Aviv's 7th birthday. A celebration was planned in the Moshav (Village) where they moved recently, also for two other children of the same age.
Lots of activities were organized in the little wooded lot just opposite their house.
Here are some pictures of the fun had by the kids

shoot on target with a bow
7th birthday 27.jpg

walk on a rope and net bridge
7th birthday 41.jpg

Aviv and his best friend on this one
7th birthday 18.jpg

so_P_bubble

The big attraction was the "Omega sliding" from a top tree -climb with a tall ladder - and landing at the other end of the yard to floor level

7th birthday 21.jpg7th birthday 21.jpg

7th birthday 25.jpg

so_P_bubble

Even Illy tried that one!

7th birthday 37.jpg

There was pita freshly baked
7th birthday 13.jpg

7th birthday 08.jpg

so_P_bubble

7th birthday 20.jpg

and we had an extra birthday cake at home

Image3.jpg

Surprise 06.jpg

FlaJean

Oh, to be young and energetic!  Loved your photos.

Mary Ann

Jean, I agree with you.  Getting from Point A to Point B sounds like the Zip Line I've read about here, maybe with longer distances. 

Aviv and his mother know how to have fun.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

Bubble. Great photo's. He looks great. Lots of children around his age live there. That's good. I remember he was born just after our twins. Doesn't time go fast? They in 2nd grade now.
Don will enjoy seeing those pictures. He loved that little boy and sort of a extra grandfather for him
JeanneP

MarsGal

Sato

Quote from: Sato on March 15, 2019, 02:55:34 AM
Egret reflected in the water

A nice Picture it is!!
This is a posting test!!! 
  Sorry to do testing :-[  :-[
Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Mary Ann

Sato, I enjoyed your test.  I don't know about others, but I have seen very few egrets in my life, so I appreciate the picture.

Mary Ann

Sato

Quote from: Mary Ann on April 13, 2019, 09:51:24 PMSato, I enjoyed your test.  I don't know about others, but I have seen very few egrets in my life, so I appreciate the picture.

Mary Ann

Thanks. It became difficult to send a photo since the system was renewed.

Sato

Mary Ann, Danke schön!

so_P_bubble

Sato,
posting pictures in S@F could not be easier when you know how.

Click on the BLUE reply at the end of  the last post.
Then write your text .

Go to the bottom of the opened window and click on
"Attachments and other options".

A place with "Drag and drop your files here" will open and you can drag your photo  there from your desktop.

After you do that, you will have to click on "upload", then under it on "insert".
The last click will be on 'Post".

And you are done.

FlaJean

Spring is definitely here in Northwest Florida.

FlaJean

Bubble, I do not click on "insert".  It automatically inserts when you click on "post" (I had a problem with posting photos when using the "insert" so left it off and never had any more problems).

Sato, do not use the "quick reply" that is open at the bottom of the page but click on the blue REPLY.

so_P_bubble

Beautiful flowers. what are they? They look a little like my dwarf carnations.

FlaJean

Bubble, those flowers are Dianthus.  I had them for a couple of years and they even had some blooms during the winter months.

Mary Ann

Pink
Plants
Description
Dianthus is a genus of about 300 species of flowering plants in the family Caryophyllaceae, native mainly to Europe and Asia, with a few species extending south to north Africa, and one species in arctic North America. Common names include carnation, pink and sweet william.
I looked up Dianthus because when I saw the picture my first thoughts were "pink" and "sweet william" and I see both are mentioned.  I had heard the name "Dianthus" but had not used it.  When I was a child, my folk had sweet william.  I've always liked them and they smelled lovely.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

That was interesting Mary Ann.  Bubble said they were similar to her dwarf carnations.  I remember my mother having flowers she called Sweet William so maybe these dianthus are similar also to what she grew.  We always had a beautiful garden and my mother loved working in the yard.

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Mary Ann

Bubble, how neat!  Aviv is such a good looking boy, so photogenic.

That is quite a crowd on the streets; I doubt I've seen so many people together like that since I first worked in our downtown. 

Mary Ann

Shirley

Well, my mouth is running over with comments!!!!  My mother also grew Sweet Williams, Pinks & Dianthus (when she wanted me to know the proper name). Bless her heart, she tried to teach me the names of everything but "in one ear & out the other".  I do love flowers & especially those, Jean. I have photos of Mother taken all during her lifetime, her hands in much the same position because she was always sticking her fingers in the dirt to check the flowers, you know fingers spread slightly apart as she shook the dirt off.

Sato, nice shot of the egret (or great white heron?).... I am lucky to have many of them visit the river behind my house. Sadly, the widening of the highway around the city destroyed where they nested so am not seeing as many so far this year.

Aw, Bubble, he is so darling!  Never saw such expressive eyes, his whole face shows joy of living. Had to laugh at the shot of Illy "from the bottom up"..... dare you show it to her???  No question where Aviv gets his personality & I'm guessing it comes straight from his Grandmother to mother!  Is that right, Don?

FlaJean

Agapanthus.  These flowers are very popular in Florida.

Mary Ann

Jean, the agapanthus is very pretty; I don't think I have ever seen one, nor even heard of them.  I see you got a pretty butterfly in the picture.  I remember seeing lots of butterflies when I was in Florida.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

The common names of agapanthus are lily-of-the-Nile and African lily although they are not lilies.  They only grow in warm climates.  I never saw them until we moved to Florida.  The flower grows at the top of a long stiff stalk.  I don't know why they are called African lilies because the name means "flower of love".  I didn't know their real name until Sato had the name and picture of them in one of his videos.