Random Image

Frightning Clouds

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:46:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

FYI: Upcoming site upgrade

Started by Oldiesmann, November 10, 2018, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on November 17, 2018, 01:47:22 AMWhen I click on email notification of a post it doesn't bring me into the post like it did previously but, it brings me into a blank page showing shoutbox plus menu above with welcome home to our S & F's banner..but no posts underneath just a blank that cant be scrolled down.........

What link is in the email? Is it just https://www.seniorsandfriends.org or is there more to it?

so_P_bubble

Like Vanilla, mail notification is useless if it brings to the home page and not where it should.

I have never used quick reply. For posting a picture -in the main reply screen I  had to add the coding for it to show in normal size. Where are the icons for 'image', 'url link'- it was so clear before!

Thanks for fixing smilies, etc. We know it is a lot of work.

so_P_bubble

the message says: You have been quoted in the post titled "Re: FYI: Upcoming site upgrade" by Oldiesmann, you can see the post here:
https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg;=143960

so_P_bubble

other message says:A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Vanilla-Jackie.

View the reply at: https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic;=631.new#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?action;board;=notifyboard

Oldiesmann

Quote from: so_P_bubble on November 17, 2018, 03:07:23 AMLike Vanilla, mail notification is useless if it brings to the home page and not where it should.

I have never used quick reply. For posting a picture -in the main reply screen I  had to add the coding for it to show in normal size. Where are the icons for 'image', 'url link'- it was so clear before!

Thanks for fixing smilies, etc. We know it is a lot of work.

The buttons just look different now because this version uses a different editor. The icon for images is directly to the right of the YouTube icon, and the link one is next to the one after that. You can hover over each icon to see what it's for.

Something is messing up the URLs in the notification emails... I'll look into that tomorrow when I get a chance (it's 3:15am here so I'm heading to bed). For now you can get to the post/message by removing the ";" in front of the first = sign in each of those first two links.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oldiesmann...this is the email notification link sent to me of your post...but I see Bubble has already shown you this...It seems there are good and bad points to our new website page layouts...as they say..." its swings and roundabouts..."

Some email notifications are now saying...

" You have been quoted in the post titled "Re: FYI: Upcoming site upgrade" by ( members name ) "

other notifications are stating...

" A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by ( members name ) "

Neither bring me to the actual posting...Hm, maybe I need to adjust my notification preferences, otherwise I shall be getting too many notifications in my email box......
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

removing the ; does not help

Your search - https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=143960 - did not match any documents

so_P_bubble

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Vanilla-Jackie.

View the reply at: https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic;=631.new#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?action;board;=notifyboard

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The Seniors & Friends Team.

But I keep receiving this about every ten minutes and I don't wish to unsubscribe because I might need to see a follow up or a query.

Marilyne

I went to Look and Layout on my profile and set the time.  That was at 7:22 this morning. It's now almost 8:00 and my time still says 7:22? 

Bubble - could you explain how to set the time on my posts to look like it did before and have it move along throughout the day?   

Marilyne

I think I figured it out?  I was typing in the time, instead of using default.  I hope this continues to work okay?

angelface555

I had 22 S&F emails in my spam all directing me to a blank page. Since I do not use notifications, I'm assuming this is another error? Also when you try to code, using bold, italic, font and font size, it appears with the b in front and all other coding, open and closing, on the end. I have to put in the code instead of being able to use this editor's code setup for it to work.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: angelface555 on November 17, 2018, 11:43:12 AMI had 22 S&F emails in my spam all directing me to a blank page. Since I do not use notifications, I'm assuming this is another error? Also when you try to code, using bold, italic, font and font size, it appears with the b in front and all other coding, open and closing, on the end. I have to put in the code instead of being able to use this editor's code setup for it to work.

Yes, the URLs in the notification emails is a known issue. I'm looking into that.

I'm not sure why you're having problems with the editor. It's working fine for me - if I select text and click a button it surrounds that text with the appropriate tags. What browser are you using?

angelface555

I am using Chrome, and I'm aware that others are highlighting the entire message for each type of code, each time, but that does seem unnecessary when before you just typed your message, highlighted and then clicked on your code.

angelface555

I was able to fix my time but I'm still attempting to find the last post in a forum. If you click Updated Topics, it takes you to the page but not to the last post. If you click Unread Posts it takes you to all the forums you do not read.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: angelface555 on November 17, 2018, 12:03:00 PMI am using Chrome, and I'm aware that others are highlighting the entire message for each type of code, each time, but that does seem unnecessary when before you just typed your message, highlighted and then clicked on your code.

Unfortunately that's how things work with the new editor at the moment. I'll do some digging and see if I can change that though.

Quote from: angelface555 on November 17, 2018, 12:07:03 PMI was able to fix my time but I'm still attempting to find the last post in a forum. If you click Updated Topics, it takes you to the page but not to the last post. If you click Unread Posts it takes you to all the forums you do not read.

On the Updated Topics page, clicking the "New" icon will take you to the first unread post in that topic, while clicking on the date in the "Last Post" column will take you to the last post in that topic.

jane

Oldiesmann...some posters are saying they can't login. I tried to change the password for a woman who can't login, but it just spins and spins and never logs in.

jane

angelface555

Jane, I've had three posters privately telling me they're leaving because of changes or being unable to "clock in" as I previously mentioned. How many more simply leave?

I had 47 spam posts, Michael, after posting about the 22 earlier ones, all stating "You have been quoted in the post titled "Re: FYI: Upcoming site upgrade." And 15 just now. I haven't posted more than say five posts overall.

Vanilla-Jackie

If like me, you are finding you have been getting far too many topic email notifications...just found out how to cut them back..( well I hope this does the trick )....Click on your " name "- top left corner...click on " notifications "...where you see the " orange  notifications preferences " click on the " watched topics " button to the side, then the list of topics - rooms comes up, just tick in the box to the side of the red " receive emails and alerts " that you dont want to receive, scroll to the bottom, then click on the " unnotify " button, bottom right...hopefully your computers email box wont receive 50 plus unwanted notifications posts like I was receiving...

angelface555

Also is there a way to standardize graphics and photos with the new editor? It is very haphazard now.

I just received three spam messages saying "Hello angelface555,

You have been quoted in the post titled "Re: FYI: Upcoming site upgrade" by Oldiesmann, you can see the post here:
https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg;=144031

Regards,
The Seniors & Friends Team."

angelface555

Jackie, I just tried that only to see;  "You are not currently receiving any notifications from topics."

Vanilla-Jackie

Patricia...what I am finding most frustrating is when I click on email notification it doesn't bring me into the post...just an empty - blank piece of space...same as your above link..

angelface555

Jackie, it sounds like both of us are receiving the same type of 50 or more daily notifications that we did not request. The other annoyance is not having the last post, only the forum page when linking as well as having to code three times for what was previously done once and no longer having a standardized photo or graphic sizing system. Tell me again how this change benefits us?

Vanilla-Jackie

Patricia...cant answer your question as I haven't yet figured that one out..." quoting: Tell me again how this change benefits us?"  :thinking: All I know is it seems to be infuriating many of our posters...we dont take kindly to change...even if change is meant to be progress and the way forwards...I think this proves we are creatures of habit, and prefer to stay with what we know...

Oldiesmann

Quote from: jane on November 17, 2018, 01:18:45 PMOldiesmann...some posters are saying they can't login. I tried to change the password for a woman who can't login, but it just spins and spins and never logs in.

jane

If they don't remember their password they should be able to reset it. If not, let me know and I can reset it for them. The reason everyone is having to login again is due to increased security features that forces everything to be secure (even the "cookie" that remembers their login info). Once they get logged in as long as they choose "forever" for the time to remain logged in, they shouldn't have to login again.

I can disable the features if it's a huge deal but I'd prefer to keep things secure.

I am not sure why you're getting spammed with notification emails. I'll look into that when I get a chance.

What exactly is the issue with photos now? I can do my best to fix any issues.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: angelface555 on November 17, 2018, 05:52:46 PMIf you take a look at the PSP forum you will see what I mean and it is the same with different photo posts.

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/card-shoppe/paint-shop-pro-and-other-graphics-software/3420/

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/card-shoppe/paint-shop-pro-and-other-graphics-software/3450/

I'll see if I can set it to stop inserting the full-sized images. It adds the scrollbars in the post to prevent large images from stretching out the entire page.

angelface555

They should be 650 pixels on the longest side and compressed by 20 kb and that is not the tiny graphics shown. They should all show as in post #3450.

Oldiesmann

The forum software doesn't change the picture size or the file size. It only rejects them if they're over a certain size. I'm not sure what the issue is.

The "tiny graphics" are not shown because I have it set not to show them under the post if you've already embedded them in the post. If you want them to stay there even when they're embedded in the post I can change that setting.

angelface555

Michael, I'm sorry, we're communicating at cross-purposes. The photos and or graphics DO NOT SHOW at the correct size but they DO SHOW as tiny postage-sized images. I gave the post #3450 as an example of how it should look but does not.

I'm going to take a break as these "changes" seem more problematic than worthwhile.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: angelface555 on November 17, 2018, 08:29:01 PMMichael, I'm sorry, we're communicating at cross-purposes. The photos and or graphics DO NOT SHOW at the correct size but they DO SHOW as tiny postage-sized images. I gave the post #3450 as an example of how it should look but does not.

I'm going to take a break as these "changes" seem more problematic than worthwhile.

Oh, OK. I'll look into what I can do to fix that without having to manually edit each of the posts. The way the forum handles inline attachments is different than how the old add-on handled them.