Random Image

BabyJames

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

Mary what are you having done? I must have missed that somewhere along the line.

I went to  the Dr this morning. She gave me the results of the Echo. I hve an enlarged heart, probably due to having been a smoker for 50 years. She said I've most likely had Afib for years and didn't know it.She is putting me on Elo

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...Jane..hope Ray is feeling better..is he still in hospital? Marlyin glad you were able to go on your trip..hope you are also feeling better ..what is Elo the Dr put you on?..I just finished reading Trump Prophecies...it was a good read.......Hi to all looking in....Darlene

JeanneP

New years will be a quiet on for me. It is just to cold and rainy here. Will try to stay up until midnight just to be able to say Goodbye to 2018. Many people have had a bad year. Storms, fires. just about everything. Country seems to be depressed with things going one.
We can just hope to see changes in the New year.

Will try a happy note.

Just in case the lines are busy
Just in case I'm drunk and dizzy
Just in case you presume I've forgot
I ensure you dears I really have not
I send you all my love and cheer
and all the best for the coming year!🤩
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

YES!  Happy New Year to all!  Health and Peace above all!

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I did stay up late (after midnight) watching a Hallmark movie and drank a glass of wine--so I guess you could say I celebrated the new year.  This morning I'm moving slowly--and don't have plans for the day except reading.  Tim came over yesterday and opened the attic and put the ornament boxes up there for me, so I'm officially finished with Christmas 2018!  My young neighbor next door helped me box up my unadorned Christmas tree and put it in the utility room, so that is finished for another year.

If it doesn't rain today, I'll try to get more leaves raked up and down to the leaf pile but that can wait if I finish reading one of my Dewey Lambdin library books.  I have the hero working in the far and icy northern waters near Russia. 

I hope you had a nice New Years eve and that 2019 will be a great one of Every Buddy.

Jane, thoughts and prayers for you and Ray.  I'm hoping today has brought improvement and he'll be able to come home soon.  I'm glad your niece is there with you.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

joyous

:) That goes for the same (hoping 2019 turns out better that 2018)
I hope all are healthy and happy in 2019.
Joy in Baton Rouge

Marilyn

I had my follow up appointment with my dr. yesterday, she gave me the results of the Echo of my heart, She said I have an enlarged heart  probably due to having me a 50 year smoker, I quit in 2003. She said I've  most likely had AFIB for many years and didn't know it. In retrospect, yes I do  believe I did as I can remember instances of the irregular heart beat.So now she has me on two  blood pressure pills. Metoprolol and Amlodipine, she also put me on Eliquis blood thinner. I go see her again in a month. when I called to find out how much the latter cost I was in shock, $180 for 30 pills.(that was my co-pay) So I applied directly to the manufacturer for patient assistance. I will hear from them later.The dr. gave me enough samples to last for a month.

phyllis

Marilyn, I'm sorry you are having some health difficulties.  I've been dealing with A-Fib for about 3 years now.  I am taking that outrageously expensive Eliquis, also, and it puts me in the Donut Hole (coverage gap) with my prescription insurance every year.  I've tried to get my cardiologist to substitute or, at least, to reduce dosage but he won't do it.  Says I need it.  I also take Metoprolol even though I've never had a blood pressure problem.  Thank goodness, I don't have to take a second one as you do.
phyllis
Cary,NC

SharonE

Glad everyone is up and at 'em ready for this new year of 2019!  I am wishing for a good one as well. Last year wasn't bad, but I'm hoping this one will be better. Of course, I turn 80 in October and that scares me! Hope I can do as well as Joy and continue to 90!

Marilyn, if you can't get help from the pharm company, you might try pricing the Canadian Co, Phoenix Pharmacy. If you are interested, I can give you the phone # and address as John has gotten his Glaucoma meds there for less thaN half price. They work too.  I don't know if it would help you when you have MC D though.  John has no RX insurance.  Anyway, taking the med is better than having a stroke!  I had an enlarged heart and V-fib and they gave me Coreg and Warfarin. I am still on Coreg and it keeps my heart pumping and the two reduced my heart size and pumping action bacck to normal. I don't have to take the blood thinner though.  Eliquis does seem to be the drug of choice for A-fib.

John and I have boxed up all our decorations except the tree which we will do shortly. Working together, it only takes us about an hour to do the tree.  I have corned beef, potatoes & carrots in the crock pot and will add cabbage later.

Jeanne, I like your little poem.

We had a quiet NY's eve too. Both of us read until about 11:30 and then we had some Brie cheese and crackers and watched all the NY"S Eve programs including watching the ball drop.  Can any of you imagine standing for 6 or 8 hrs in the rain in Times Square to watch it drop and not being able to go to a restroom or anything?!!  Not on my bucket list!  Just glad everyone was safe.

Mary, the Christmas dinner the girls brought you sounded great. I know you enjoyed it. Hope you are feeling okay and ready for the surgery on Thursday.

Hi to Bubbles, Phyllis, Jane, Ginny Ann, Darlene, and anyone else I've missed.  HNY!  Sharon

Marilyn

Phyllis you should apply directly to the manufacturer you can get it at no cost.

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I am still not dressed and need to get into the shower to shampoo and clean myself up, but am having a slow morning.  I have finished breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but want to get in the shower soon.  I stayed up later than usual to watch another Hallmark movie--I enjoy "Happy" endings!  I'm also reading a thriller mystery and almost finished with it.  I am going to push myself to get my back door deck cleaned off, too.  If I don't get those wet leaves off, I'll be replacing some of the deck!

Phyllis, I have a pacemaker now and must take Donepezil which is a generic for Aricept daily.  Other than that medication, I only take vitamins and an iron supplement.  I had no idea my heart was having problems until one day 2 years ago I was playing bridge and blacked out as we were totaling up the scores.  My partner sitting opposite me is a retired nurse and realized I had zoned out.  My friend who was the hostess called my son who came over to my house and asked me what was wrong.  I began mumbling because I was having another episode--he took me to the emergency room at the hospital--they sent me to the 7th floor, the cardiologist came into the room next morning about 7:00 a.m. with a young man pushing a gurney--he told me to get up on the gurney and he'd meet me in the operating room.  I was given a sedative, I got on the gurney--and that was the last thing I knew until I woke up with  the pacemaker!  I had an appointment with the cardiologist recently and he said my heart had skipped a beat or two twice during the past year--I didn't realize they kept track of such things!  I'm still able to take care of my home--I've been a widow since 2002, but have a cleaning service every 2 weeks for the heavy stuff.

Sharon, I'd taken all the ornaments off my tree several days ago and my young neighbor came over and took it apart for me and put it into its box and into my utility room.  I had the ornament boxes in my spare bedroom and when Tim came over yesterday, he put them all back into the attic for me--so I'm happy to have that finished for (hopefully) another year.

Mary, I am praying for a good outcome for your surgery tomorrow.  I'm sure you'll be feeling much better soon.  Can one of your girls post for you if you're not feeling up to it?  Good luck and big hugs for a speedy recovery!

Jane, I hope that Ray is doing well this morning and will soon be able to come back to your condo.  It's great that your niece was able to come visit while he is in the hospital.  I know she is a great comfort to you.  Keep us posted.

Hello to Marilyn, Darlene, Joy, and whoever is looking in this morning.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

Sue

JeanneP

This doesn't copy good but I like the sentiment of it.

As I step into
Another year
I think of those
No longer here
I'll miss their smiles
I'll miss those laughs
The fun we had
In years gone past
But I reserve
Within my heart
A place for them
While we're apart
My love for them
Will always thrive
My memories
Keep them alive
So as I take
Another step
I'll dry the tears
That I have wept
Embrace the year
Endure its tests
And live the life
That I've been blessed
JeanneP

SharonE

Very nice, Jeanne. Did you write it?  Those are sentiments we all have at our ages.

It is 2 AM and I'm still awake!   :tickedoff:  And my cold is back--or allergy or post nasal drip. Definitely dripping and a mild sore throat.  Not a good way to start the NY!

I went to the grocery today, this time to Publix. I have been so unhappy with HT lately.  Publix had everything I wanted, but the cashier and carry out girl acted like they had been sucking sour lemons!  The store is huge too and not as convenient as HT, but think I will go there most of the time unless HT changes back.  I also dropped books at the library and renewed my Dan Brown book called ORIGINS. I hadn't even started it and it is so thick, I'll never get through it before it is due.

I also finally made my reservations for my trip to Tampa while John is gone to NZ.  My dil, Lori, and I were all able to get flights that got in at the same time! Can you imagine. Lori from Chicago and Traecy from St. Louis. She actually had to fly to CLT en route, so I got the same flight and we even got seats together. I also have the shuttle scheduled to take me to and from the airport and also to pick John up at 11:30 PM when he gets back, so that I don't have to be out on the road at that time of night.  Now I need to schedule a dog sitter. I called one here in Sun City, but she wasn't home, maybe out of town. I hate to take her 20 miles to the kennel we use. But it's an option.

No other news here. Thinking of Mary and Marilyn and their surgeries tomorrow.
Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I need to get into the shower shortly.  I have bridge today at 12:30. Also need to call Olyne to see if she can pick me up on her way to Terri's.  She had her grandson, his wife, and the 2 little girls visiting yesterday.  Olyne and her late husband helped to raise Stuart when his mother left him and his father (Olyne's son who is now deceased).  They are still using my old high chair for the youngest grandchild when they are visiting.

I hope Every Buddy had a Nice New Year's Eve and that all of 2019 is a fantastic year for Every Buddy.  Jane, special thoughts/prayers for Ray and you.  I hope he'll be able to come home soon.

Sue

SharonE

Jane and Ray, Mary, and Marilyn are all in my prayers today. I hope it is a good day for all. I'm concerned that we haven't heard from Jane.

My cold is worse today. Of course, being up half the night didn't help it. I'm not planning to do anything today.

John just left to take one of his bridge partners out to lunch. She called last night all upset because a former longtime boyfriend passed away.  She had broken up with him 2 or 3 years ago because of his alcoholism, but she's still upset about his death. A neighbor found him. Not sure whether he had a stroke or what.

Sue, have a good game today.  Hi to all.  Sharon

maryz

home from surgery.  all went well.  can't do much with one hand. only ace bandage, off tomorrow.  very happy with doc and hospital care. kate here until tomorrow.  hope ok with marilyn. sorry about cold, sharon.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Mary...glad the surgery went well.  P

Hi, Ladies, thanks for thinking of us.  It's been a stressful time, as those of you who've been through these  medical crises know.

Ray was finally released on late Tuesday, New Year's Day.  Yesterday and today our niece has been calling all those we're to have follow up appts with...oncologist tomorrow and local Nurse Practitioner who sent Ray up to the hospital.  And I hope he can redo the dressing from the chest tube.  Trying to get an appt with the pulmonologist we were suppose to see within a week has been a joke.  The office people say they don't have his schedule, so can't give us an appt.  Patricia has called them 4 times in 2 days...and spoke to Office Mgr who finally gave her an appt for the 11th, but doesn't know if the Dr. Will be in that day.  Incredible!

We don't know what we're facing until we get the lab reports tomorrow. 

Ray's been walking the halls here to build up his stamina.  6 days in bed is hard on his stamina.  He couldn't walk in the hospital because of the chest tube and oxygen.

I'll be back when I can.  We're here at our condo on SPI.  I stayed in a local motel in Harlingen while Ray was in the hospital, before our niece came. 

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Jane

maryz

"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Hi buddies, eye surgery went well, not shield on at this time just for the first 24 hrs. can't wait for all the fuzziness to leave so I can see  how ell it worked for distance.

maryz

Glad you had good results, too, Marilyn.  Kate took my ace bandage off today before she left. Just a light gauze wrap on now, and will take that off tomorrow.  Steri-strips will drop off in a week or so.  No restrictions.  And as of now, no pain - just being careful not to put too much pressure on that hand.  But, HOORAY, I can type.  Love everything about having this procedure - so far.

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm dressed, cleaned up the kitchen, and ready to go to the library and Kroger when Tim gets here, then out to lunch, hopefully Kris will be able to meet us, too.  She has her own business and may be out on a job this morning. 

I've started reading some of the books I received for Christmas.  Kris gave me 5 small paperbacks and I've enjoyed what I've started.

Tim just rang my doorbell, so I'll get back here later.
Sue

SharonE

Jane, so glad Ray is out of the hospital. I hope all the tests and appts are good ones.  Oncologist sounds scary. Can't believe the pulmonologist's situation with appts.  Is there a different one he can go to?  HUGS & PRayers for you both. Glad your niece is there.

Mary, Wow!  The surgery must have been a lot simpler than I would have imagined. How great that you'r down to a gauze bandage and no restrictions or pain.  Way to go!!

Marilyn, glad to hear the 2nd eye went well too. I hope your vision clears up soon. Do you have some cheaters to wear when needed?

I'm feeling really lousy still. This is so unusual for me to have so many colds. John suggested that maybe my cpap is contaminated, so I've washed it and its parts and rinsed with vinegar and then water. I guess maybe I haven't cleaned it often enough. Now, the # that was on the machine is wrong.

John is going to have to help me make some meat loaves in a bit as I don't want to contaminate it and the meat is going to spoil if I don't get it made up today.  Not what I want to do.

Hi to all.  Hope the NY is starting out better for most of you.  Sharon

jane

Mary...so glad your surgery and recovery are going well.

Marilyn...same good news on your eyes!

Sharon...hope cleaning the c-pap stops all these colds you've been having.

Hi also to Darlene, Sue, Joy, Jeanne, Marilyn, Phyllis, Bubble

I hate to load you all down with the medical stuff, so I'll be brief.  His cancer is small...3 cm...1"...and on the lining of the left lung.  It is the most common and most treatable type.  No surgery needed, no radiation, and they are doing molecular profiling to get the right combo of drugs.  Oncologist is a wonderful man...says the advances in treating this kind has been in leaps and bounds in the last 3 years and he seems on top of it all.  He says the immunotherapy will not make him as sick as this stuff did in the past and the drugs will target the molecular makeup of the nodule.  We  were greatly relieved when we left the Cancer Center.  He knows we're "winter Texans" and he'll hook us up with docs at home when we leave here. We go back on the 17th and 18th for more tests, etc.

So...that's been my life here since Christmas.  Patricia being here for a week has been a Blessing. 

Take care of yourselves,EveryOne!

Another doc appt that's a followup on Monday with the NP who sent us to Harlingen initially for the xrays, etc. 

More family arrives on Wednesday, so I'll be in and out as I can.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts, prayers, our LIGHT.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  Jane, I'm glad to hear that Ray's cancer is small and treatable.  I know how scary it is to get that cancer notification--and you are fortunate to have found a doctor who is a fantastic oncologist and will also send information to your doctors at home which will be most helpful when you go home.  Thoughts and prayers for both of you.  Keep us posted!

Sharon,  I'm sorry you're still not feeling great.  I hope John's suggestion about the C-pap machine will help.  Also hope the meat loaf making (I'm assuming some will go into the freezer!) goes well. 

Mary, I'm glad your procedure went well and you're having no pain following the procedure.  I know you're happy to have that behind you now.  And woo hoo on being able to type! 

Hello to all the other Buddies looking in.  It's chilly here today, but sunny, so I'd like to get the leaves cleaned off my deck out back. Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

Sue

maryz

Sue, isn't it great to see that bright light in the sky!!!

jane, that's wonderful news.  There is such good medical service in The Valley! I felt that way, too, in Calgary at the university hospital.

Another quiet weekend here. For a change, I do have a preference in a football game.  My new grandson-in-law-to-be is a Clemson graduate.  So, GO TIGERS!!

Hugs to all the Buddies!   

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone....Marlyin and Mary...glad your surgery/procedure went well..and Jane hope Ray continues to improve and you get lined up with the right Drs at your home...today is supposed to be a nice day...might sit out in the sun awhile...I am just getting over the stomached bug...still weak...Hi to all..have a great weekend Darlene

SharonE

Jane, I'm so glad that they caught the cancer early and that your oncologist is on top of the latest treatments & also will connect with your doctors back home. Cancer is scary any time or place but must be more so when you're away from home. As always, you both are in our prayers and thoughts.

Mary, I agree on that big yellow thing in the sky!! So glad to see some sunlight for a change! And our forecast is for dry weather for the next 7 days--WHOOO HOO! Hope your hand is still doing well.

Sue, hope you are slated for dry weather too and can get your leaves raked.  I noticed where U of Conn girls got beat for the first time since 2014! I know you and others are happy about that as I remember past comments. Yes, we put all 4 meat loaves in the freezer as I am not up to a heavy meal right now.  I hope cleaning the cpap helps too, but I am going to order one of those electronic cleaners to attach to my machine. Don't know how it works, but is supposed to keep the machine clean continuously. A little pricey though.

Darlene, I'm so sorry you've had a stomach bug. Hope it clears up quickly.

I did get the pet sitter scheduled for my trip but was shocked at her price--$30/day! I'm going to take Bunny over for them to meet and get acquainted a couple weeks before I leave.  Other than that, I haven't done anything constructive except to put in a load of laundry.  I'm still blowing and dripping and tired in spite of getting plenty of sleep the past 2 nights.

Hi to all. Hope you all have good weather to enjoy today.  Sharon

maryz

Thanks for the great basketball news, Sharon.  I don't follow as much as I used to, but I know that's a good (and unusual thing). Hope you continue to improve. I finally got to feeling better - even though I know the cough will hang on for a long time.

Darlene, sorry about the stomach bug - that's never fun!

JeanneP

Well what a day we had today. Up in the 50s. I planned on trying to get the leaves raked a little in the front yard. such a mess. But I think I have a habit now. I sat down at about 1pm after lunch to read something and fell asleep. Woke at 2/45. So my plans now are to do more tomorrow.
Year started out sad for me. It is the 3rd NYear day now since 2016 that this has happened.  A good friend passed away . He was 94 and had gotten Alzheimers  about 4 years ago. Lived by me and was my handyman for 50 years. Not a thing  he could not do. First time I had not gone over at Christmas time to see them. I could tell he did not recognize me this past year. Such a good man. I know that his body had been left to Science at the University of Illinois and so nothing in the paper yet.Doubt there will be. Usually kept quiet.

Jane. Hope that things go well now for your husband so that you can get down to enjoying your stay in Texas.  It does seem like some thing hits every time you go down there. Usually in the first month. Good, family can get down to help a little.

I just heard the news say 2 days ago that a Blood Pressure Med had been taken off the Market but they never said which one. Does anyone know? This is the only Med I take. Not a strong one. I took Benicar for 7 years and it worked so good. I was on a program and got it from the Company free. Bt then a Generic came out made by another Co. Benecar stopped sending the free program. The cost of these are still $279  and cost of the Generic is $13.50. this is the one I take right  now but it is not doing good at all. That is what has happened. generics are coming out for most meds making people believe same thing but they are not. they have other powders mixed in them. A Chemist told me that.I wish I could find a way to get the Original Benicar from up in Canada which is still the original but cheaper than US. It is still being sold in UK and Europe also. 
JeanneP

SharonE

Jeanne, so sorry your year began with the loss of your neighbor and handyman. But at 94, he led a long, hopefully happy life.  If you want to check out Canadian pharmacy, Phoenix Drugs is the one John has used. I can get you a phone # for them.  I think the drug that was taken off the market was a variety of Losartan, but started with a T. I can't remember the exact name since I don't take it.  One cardiologist tried to put me on Losartan in addition to my Beta blocker for my heart, but my BP is usually around 115/60, so I refused to take it. He was very obnoxious about it, so I changed cardiologists.

I'm still fighting this cold. It's better, but not by a lot. I didn't go to church today.  I did get my church articles written and sent to the newspapers yesterday. That was a few days late, but I just couldn't concentrate on it earlier due to my cold.

Mary, I haven't had a cough but a lot of congestion, dripping, fatigue and maybe a fever at times. Our thermometer broke.

I did put in a load of towels and need to get those in the dryer and the undies in the washer.  Always something.  Sharon