Random Image

hibiscus

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2018, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Quote from: June Drabek on December 20, 2018, 08:26:03 PMI get no posting area. I click on Previw and it gives me a red outlined area to post in. Very dis=heartening. And my Navy color has disappeared. June

I'm not sure why you wouldn't get a posting area at all. You can always just click the "REPLY" button below the last post on the page instead of having to click "Preview".

Also, the navy color is still there. It's the fifth box in the first row of the font colors (two boxes to the right of the one you clicked).

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's coffee with friends time for me.  The doggies have been out and I have my first cuppa nd there you all are..even Oldiesmann! 

I'm makin a very short shopping list today because I really don't want to have to do it tomorrow.  I just need a few things including the ingredients for sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. 

The gifts I have are all wrapped (I still need to pick up two...one I have to wait for a call) and then I'm READY.  I have a ride to church and home for Midnight Mass and I'm so happy about that!  It's going to be a GOOD Christmas!

We have rain had rain all night.  It started around 8 p.m. and it is still raining and supposed to continue for two days.  They have flash flood warnings out in some areas.  I'm pretty sure, I'd rather have snow.  At least it's not supposed to be cold enough o freeze and that's something to be thankful for.

I wish you all a good day.  It's yours!  Make it special in any way you please!  And while you're at it, wish me happy customers  I know short lines would be wasting a wish today. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Raining here also and I am going to head into town to pick up some last minute shopping. We also need to pick up hubby's meds and he need to go for blood work.

The new RA Dr is nice (young) but he is up to date with new meds. He wants to put Kyle on a new med after Kyle gets a TB skin test. He is also sending him for physio

We met up with the kids and we usually try to pay ahead of time for all of us. They were there 3/4 of an hour early just so they could pay for us all. I went to pay first before sitting down with them and when I looked over to their table they were laughing.  We had a fantastic lunch then headed home after Kyle went for x rays.

I also got a surprise in the mail,do you remember when we were all talking about pumpkin pie and Jane said it was a different pumpkin that was used. Well in the mail my southern cousin sent me seeds for that particular strain of pumpkin. Now I really want Spring ...next week ok??

Rammel, thank you for letting us know about Bubble..now that is 3 that had computer problems .Let's hope that is the end of it.

I had better scoot, I don't want to shop in the crowds.

Have a great day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. It is 33º and cloudy here today and saying high is to be 41º and cloudy all day. not calling for rain or snow. that is good.
wish you all a great day.as you like it.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, morning but not good. I went to sleep listening to rain and woke this morning to the sound of pouring rain. Last I heard on TV we could get up to  inches of it. If it was snow it would be a blizzard with the wind and 4 feet of snow. At least where my family members live is above any flooding. I told my CNA yesterday that if it was as bad as predicted and if she saw flooded roads to go home instead of coming, I am  her last client of the day. I rather see her safe at home tha getting into a flooded road of having an accident.

PHYLLIS  hope you got out to the market before the rain got bad there.

LARRY  supposed to nave a dry Christmas. No precipitation for a few days and today is supposed to get into the 60s. If it does tha t will be another redord broken.

GLORIA de  I have always heard that only thing to do when a toe is broken is to tape it to the toe next to it and leave it that way till it heals.

JANE  I have the Soda Shoppe as my home page sso when I get on the PC that is what opens for me. I started doing that years ago in the Nest.

RAMMEL  thank you for letting us know about Bubble and her computer. Seems so many of us lately are having computer troubles.

MICHAEL  thank you for all you do to make things easier for all of us elderly folks.

AMY  you are a dreamer, spring next week? Today is the first full day of winter.  :2funny:

Have a good day, wonder it should start building an arc with all this rain.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

"Yesterday at 10:54:09 pm #89
Made most of the buttons bold. Not all of them are behaving though so I'll need to look into that further in the coming days."
Michael, nice to know EVEN YOUR computer can have a tantrum now & then!  ;) You are so patient with all of us, thank you and Merry Christmas. 

I am so sorry Bubble's computer is sick but thank you for letting us know, Rick. Terrible time to have computer problems. I have gotten to the point I avoid news, you all are my connection to the big world outside my little one. Not sure I like the rest of the world anymore. Y'all and my family are all that I need, can't do anything about all that goes on.

The sun is shining and wind not blowing, what a difference a day makes!  I have to count heads of eveyone showing up tomorrow before I go to Sam's Club for the Hawaiian rolls for BBQ that is on the menu for Sat gathering. Andy's wife is making delicious taco soup & home made chicken noodle soup as well as bread pudding & some side dishes. They are hosting this time. Out of towners bringing BBQ of all kinds from the fav place in town and everyone else bringing more side dishes. Dad of my youngest grand that just graduated is bringing an ice cream cake he ordered so we can share in her honor. More food than anyone needs but we enjoy. Looks like 22 at the party this time (5 missing).

The wind has been howling so fierce this week the "calm" is kind of unsettling. Better eat my breakfast and get busy, no day to be lazy. Hugs to all. Shirley

Mary Ann

Shirley, I have both MSN news and Yahoo news available on my computer.  I scan the subjects and choose what I want to read and most of those are under the heading of "Good News", nice things that people do for each other.  I read very little political news because most of it is not good and biased one way or the other.  You're having a big group tomorrow and I'm happy for you that it will be at your son's, not your place.  As we get older, we don't need the stress although you seem to generate stress all by yourself.  But I know you're happy with your kind of stress.

Gloria, I'm sorry you are having so much rain.  It is raining here too, but no downpour.  I would like it to quit before late afternoon because Tom and I are driving to Sheridan to pick up Tom's former MIL and take her to a place on US 131 where James and family will pick her up to take her north to Omena, north of Traverse City.  They are having Christmas on Sunday with Sue, Tom's former wife, then they'll return home and we will have Christmas on Christmas Day with James' family in Holland. 

June, why don't you click on Reply, then type your message.  That way you will get a space to type, then you can Preview if you want to (I type, then Post). 

Jane, I hope for short lines and all smiles today.  I'm even sorry you have to work today.

Mary Ann

RAMMEL

June,
After you click "REPLY", look just below the line of emoticons. There is a faint line and just below that is an empty box outline (might be hard to see) but that is the box for your entry.

The above appears to be true of "Quick Reply" also.

Merry Christmas
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  After a dreary and rainy day yesterday we expect to have a little better day today.  There is still rain in the forecast but tomorrow is suppose to be sunny and no rain.  I plan on staying home all day today.  My main project will be getting a few Christmas packages wrapped and to get my Christmas email prepared and sent out.  I did pick up my friend and we went downtown to coffee and were able to get in an out of the car without a problem or getting soaked.

We did get the word last evening that our minister had finally received approval from his insurance that his pending surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota will be covered.  He had been turned down four or more times and kept appealing.  He should have had the surgery weeks ago but now has it scheduled for sometime in January.

Mary Ann, I hadn't thought about the ornament being made of glass but you knew it wasn't a serious comment, just me being a bit silly.  Glad you treat yourself to the fruit cake since you like it.  That has never been part of our Christmas tradition although have had a few over the years. 

Jane, glad your appointment went well and you didn't have to become frustrated just trying to find the location.  I hope you found some of those zzzz's last evening.  It seems it is almost always cold at Walmart. 

Rammel, thanks for letting us know that Bubble has computer problems. I hope she can get them quickly resolved. 

Oldiesmann, for some reason the posting area at least in the quick reply area where I post sometimes just isn't visible until I draw it down with the little arrow on the right hand lower corner of the box.  I don't know whether that is also the case on the posting box above the messages as I don't use that one. 

Amy, sure hope the new med is helpful for Kyle as well as the physio.  I would probably faint if I didn't have to pick up the check when we dine out with family.  Of course I don't mind as they cannot afford to pay the bill.  The cost of eating out is going up all the time.  It was nice of your kids to treat you all and I bet they loved doing it. 

Gloria, is sounds like you are having a monsoon today.  Glad you don't have to be out in it.  At least our rains are moderate to lite and they are not continual.  It was kind of you to let your CNA know you didn't want her taking chances with flooded roads.  Until you mentioned it I hadn't thought of today being the first day of winter.  I'll keep an eye out for your ark floating by.  ::)

Shirley, you are right about us not being able to do anything to change the news.  However, I still like to know what is happening in the work although it can be very disheartening at time.  That sounds like some gathering your family will have tomorrow.  What a feast. 

Lloyd, Tampa is a very large place, as you probably know, and it is doubtful you would even see any of the tornado damage.  Sorry to read that your weather is so raw and unpleasant out your way.  We at least have reasonably warm temperatures and no wind here but do have the rain. 

Lindancer, what a nice and cheery thing to make for the Christmas table for the homeless. I also hope my son gets the job.  He has been told that if he passes the first online test, which he now has done, it is almost certain that he will be hired.  If you put the code in just at the beginning and erase the ending tags (those that have the / in front of them that turn the code off you will not have a problem.  That is all the code that is needed.  What is happening to your posting is that the code is turned off at the end of the paragraph.  If necessary you can do a quick edit after your post has been posted and remove the excess code.  If you need more help just email me and I will send you the exact code as it should appear.  When you eliminate the ending code then it stays on throughout your post. 

June, do you see a little down arrow in the lower right hand corner below the v?  If so on it with the mouse and drag it down and that should reveal the posting box. You should also see the little smiley's (Emoji's) and above them are the links to set the codes.  The one right after the two blue A's is the one to set the color.  If you have already typed you will need to highlight what you have written and then click the color you want otherwise it turns itself on and off at the point where your cursor is setting.  I hope this makes sense.

Mary Ann

I think June has a Mac, in case that makes a difference in what people are telling her.  I have a PC, so I try to refrain from giving June instructions because it can only confuse her.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

[Larry, the man that runs the soap kitchen, said they set the Christmas table yesterday, they had about 70 guest. Roast Beef Was Served as that is what  volunteers bought.  For some reason the store that always gave chickens, was not able to give,b]because of some new health law!? He said the tables looked colorful and everyone seem happy.  One lady came up to him  in tears and thanked everyone, that was the first time she had roast beef in years.  Also made me feel good that I might have have brighten some ones day. Their were families
It is good to know there are so many people who give up there time for the homeless.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Hi Everyfriend!  I came home right after work because I found out my favorite CSM is working her last day today and I wanted to take her goody bag back in.  I was going to take them all in tomorrow but when I took hers I also took for the other CSMs that I knew were there an one for the store manager and one for the Human Resources gal who is ALWAYS helpful.  Now  have to go back and get the stuff I was going to get on my way home and in the process, I missed my daughter.  She stopped here and dropped off my eye drops.

I figure if I leave here no later than 3:15, I can grab the stuff I need and still get back home before the 4:30 DARKS catch up to me. 

I never try to give anyone any advice as to how to use this system because I'm still amazed when what I do turns out right.  Gloria, I'm not sure what you mean about using this for your "home page".

GloriaDe, what you do is very special to a lot of people.  Sometimes we tend to forget that our problems are not so big compared to what they face.  A little beauty in their lives means a lot to them. I'm glad I know you! 

Now I'm off to WM to get my "stuff".  Keep dry!  Sounds like everyone is having rain.  Ours quit and the sun came out this afternoon. 

phyllis

Still here.  It's been a busy day but got some things taken care of.  The roofing company mistakenly removed my attic vent fan when they put on the new roof a few weeks ago.  Today they brought a new fan and installed it.  Now, all I need to do is get an electrician to connect it to the power and all will be well.  I'll be glad to put an end to that job.  The only thing remaining is to find a painter to paint the bathroom ceiling where it leaked through and stained.

Clear skies here but pretty windy.  That should help dry up the wet areas from all the rain. 

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

well Larry the sun got enough nerve to show it;s face this afternoon. I even got a little work done at the shop. and Bob got the last permanent
repair in the sewer line with a clean out with a screw in cap on it.
wish you all a good rest of the day and sweet dreams tonight. I think I am going to put this computer up for the day.

Lloyd

Radioman34

With Bubble's computer out of order I feel a bit isolated,  but at least the phone is still working so all is well.

Denver

Good evening, EVERYFRIEND.

NOT sure when I posted last.  My head is in a bit of a whirl, so I hope I do not repeat myself! 

Today we took Dad in for the MRI.  Bob went in with him to help him get undressed and into the gown, etc.  My dad was in so much pain it was just awful.  Getting him in and then him getting up on tables and the like is just doing him in.  Bob had the doctors personal cell phone number to text to tell him the MRI was finished.  In no time the doctor called Bob back to tell him he just looked at the MRI and it showed the crushed disc to be much worse than he expected and it will be "risky" to proceed with the L 2 Lyphoplasty procedure, but he felt confident that it is still worth trying to do it as it is his only chance of getting relief from the pain.  He kept emphasizing that dad has to keep his back straight....NO BENDING at all.  They gave dad a brace yesterday, but after riding home with it he was in so much pain he said he could not stand it any longer and he took it off and said he never wants to put it on again.  The doctor asked today if he had the brace on, and Bob told him the story.  He said that is OK for now to not wear it but keep that back straight!

Our oldest son and family flew in from Boston this morning.  DIL'S father picked them up from the airport and took them to Desert Mountain, in N.  Scottsdale.  Kurt let the two grandson swim in their grandpa's pool for a bit then drove the: over to see my dad and Diane...nearly a one hour drive both ways, as Dad is not going to be able to go over to Scottsdale for our planned Christmas festivities together.  Kurt's in-laws were so sorry to hear about dad and know that he will not be able to join in the planned fun.  Diane is very disappointed too, but she will not leave my Dad.  I do not want to either, but my dad insisted that Bob and I go and be with our son and his family. 

Because of the procedure on Thursday, Bob said that we just can not leave, we have to stay and get my dad through this.  The decision is not made for sure as Bob has a important doctors appointment on Friday the 28th that he really should not change.  Decisions, decisions!

AMY, how special that you got to eat lunch paid for by your family today.....NICE!  I think you asked about pictures of Baby Jonah recently and I thought that I was including you in the email pictures sent.  Could you please let me know what email I should be sending them to?  I really want you to see this boy!

LARRY, I am sure holding good thoughts for your Scott, hoping he will get the job! 

I must run...just got a text from Dr. Dave, he is in the ER with oldest Grandson Matthew.....it appears he broke his arm playing basketball!  Oh my! 

💞 and hugs to all. .
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lindancer

Jane, thanks for that nice compliment. I knew a person who became homeless, My supervisor in the admitting office fell in her garage apartment, and laid there for hours, till someone heard her. she had a broken hip and shoulder. she was in the hospital for weeks. her land lord , figured she was not coming back so he put her things out and gave the apartment to his grandson. She had no family to fight for her and she had too go on social service The doctor wanted her to go to a special rehab, and that hospital would not take her as they said  she was HOMELESS as she had no legale  address .Long story but true. I enjoy doing community :)  service, the knitting I do keeps me out of trouble also. Hope you had a good day.

Larry do I really need the chocolate bark for the peanuts? I have not been able to find it. went to make the chocolate mints and ruined the chocolate in the microwave. not my day. I will get more chocolate and melt it in a double boiler like I use too.

Lindancer

[Jenny, Oh! my heavens my heart goes out to you and family, the only thing I can say hugs and prayers are going out to you. I wish we could do more. You know you have us all in your corner

Shirley

Oh, Jenny, my heart aches for what all of you are going through right now. I do hope they can give him some help with that pain, as quickly as they can. Can anyone ride back with Bob so you can stay with your father to help get him through the surgery?  You are quite a way from home for anyone to be driving alone at this time of year. Just no easy solution for all the needs on your plate right now. Not much sense in wishing you a Merry Christmas, but maybe some hugs and best wishes for the extra strength required. God Bless, prayers sent your way.

Doing another load of laundry & need to tidy up this table, never did get the Christmas tablecloth on and all the pretty serving pieces that are usually full when anyone stops by. Tomorrow my daughter & her husband will come by early, we have our gathering at 3:30 after the little ones naps. Going to be a busy day. 

I posted a photo of the bird nesting "out back"... 2nd house from me. Can't tell if it is a young bald eagle or the osprey that visits migrating back & forth. The head is darker than photos I've taken of the osprey, and we do have eagles that winter here. I will be watching when I get a chance, nice it's built a nest so near. Sorry I didn't get a link.  :-[

JaneS

JENNY, it sure sounds like your family needs all the prayers they can get and please know that mine are with you.  I KNOW God listens because I've had some prayers answered in the past few weeks.  He is a definite presence in our lives! 

I made some sugar cookies tonight...some with clove candy in them.  I've put some in the hidey hole and there's a pot of hot chocolate on the back of the stove if anyone is interested.

I have all the stuff set out to make peanut blossoms in the morning and those and my "Moose Farts" will be Christmas cookies around this house.  Unless I change my mind!

Now I think it might be time to go off to Dreamland!  Therefore, I bid you all Good Night and may God bless us, every one!

roley

G'morning all. Just looking in to wish you all a happy Christmas and New Year, a little on the early side i know but i thought i had best do it now, while it's on my mind !, sorry but my memory is not so good at the moment !, this video is a old copy of a Folk group 'Wassailing' at the end of a 'Carolling Service' in a rest home, in my younger days (when i was a Cub Scout) we always sang this at the end of a Carolling session the words are quite clear so you can join in and sing along too, if you wish !, no Armchair walking this time  :)  HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.  :thumbup:
Click Here...
https://youtu.be/as7N0G0f-ec

Joy

Good early morning,  I see you have already been here , Lloyd.  I don't think I got in here yesterday. I am up early again, and thought I would stop by here just to say hello.

Jenny, I am so sorry to read about your Dad. So sorry that what you thought would be a happy visit, has turned into a very difficult situation.  I hope that he will be able to get some kind of relief.  Not only is it so hard on him, it is so hard to have to watch someone you care for, to be going through so much pain.  Not a good time to have so much going on. Not the kind of Christmas you were hoping for. 

Yesterday was a very strange day.  Lots of clouds, rain, sunshine, wind and temperatures up near 60º.  SUpposed to get colder starting today. I have a grocery order being delivered this morning, and the I want to try to finish up getting the few packages that I have all wrapped up.

I hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Rain has stopped  and we didn't get any of the sonw they were calling for.

Jenny...hugs to you and prayers for you and your family. What a time you are going through. Your Dad is going through a lot and hope the Dr.gets rid of the back pain soon.

Joy, I used to enjoy wrapping gifts and now it seems more of a chore. I really like gift bags now :)

Jane, I have ladies that over heard me talking with others of Moose Farts and they too are making them!!

Roley, thank you for the video. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

After reading what everyone is doing I am sure we will all need a huge rest after the holidays.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I was hoping to be able to say that my cold was going away but I seem to have developed some nasal congestion overnight and I didn't sleep very well due to cramps in both my feet.  Sounds like the middle of me is OK but my extremities are acting up!  Oh well!  I guess that's part of growing old...er!

It's almost time for the boinger to feed the doggies and then I'm going to get dressed and make more cookies.  In case the framing guy calls about my special job for my son's Christmas, I want to be ready to roll so I can go pick it up.  And I still need one gift certificate from the store down the street from the framer.  I figure one trip to town will do the job!

It's almost time for the boinger so I'll wish you all a great day  Keep dry!  Keep warm! Put pain out of reach!  And keep love in your hearts!

Lloyd Hammond

good morning I need some help. How do you get a picture I have on the computer to where you all can see it?

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a beautiful sunny and cloudless 45 degrees but will warm up a bit as the day goes on.  I got up late this morning and am not going to have time to read and write in the discussion boards this morning.  However, I just wanted to check in before I left for my Saturday morning meeting.  I will come back this afternoon to read and comment.

Mary Ann

Jenny, along with the others, my heart goes out to you with all you are experiencing now.  I hope someone will come up with a solution to your dad's pain. 

I just discovered something that probably everyone else knew - I highlighted a post that was too light and small for me to read and did a Control + and I was able to make the print larger so I could read it.  I have been bypassing those posts before.

Larry, it's good to know you're around even if you can't post as you usually do. 

Amy, I always have had an aversion to wrapping gifts.  I didn't have too much trouble putting on the paper, but decorative bows and the such?  Forget it.  It got to the point I'd put the paper on, then when Tom and his then wife got here, she'd put the ribbons on. 

I enjoyed Roley's Wassail song.  I think the words are similar to what I learned in elementary school, but not the tune. 

Dot has done a good job of supplying us with cookies and I don't need any more! (But I'll take them!).  I wonder how much weight I will have gained by January 1.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Good Morning, Everyfriend,

Jenny,  I add my prayers and good thoughts for your Dad.
Re" your grandson breaking his arm playing basketball....  I can't remember how old your grandson is but that reminded me of when #1 son injured his knee playing football in 8th grade.
  We took him to a doctor in Denver who put him in a cast and gave him crutches.  On the way out of the office, an older boy wearing a Jefferson County letter jacket was walking in - also in a cast and using crutches.  This big burly guy smiled down at our scrawny kid and said,  "You, too, huh? Good luck."  We could almost see our son "swell up with pride" thinking "I'm one of the big guys now".  And when all the girls at school wanted to "take care of him", I think he decided this cast/crutches thing wasn't all that bad.  ;D

Family activities are beginning to get busy and I don't have to do a thing but be ready when someone says, "Get in the car".

I've been excused from making cornbread dressing for Christmas dinner because #1 son, at whose house we'll be, is using my recipe to make it gluten free so Miss Ellen can have some.  Nobody mentioned the chocolate dessert...and neither did I but I do plan to take a couple of things for snacking later on.

I've also been informed that I will be picked up for a Shrimp Feast at #2 son's house tomorrow night - and that's all I know about that.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

JaneS

Got another batch of cookies done.  This time they are those Peanut Blossoms, you know, the one with the Hershey Kiss on top?  I made them because I had all the ingredients except the kisses already in the cupboard.  I put some in the Hidey Hole and they should be cool enough by now.  Hot chocolate is refreshed and on the back of the stove.  Help yourselves.  Coffee and tea are ready, too.  Enjoy!

CALLIE, that's how I celebrate the holidays and birthdays.  They just call or text and tell me when to be ready and I get in whatever car pulls in the driveway at the right time.  This time of year I have to be a little careful, though.  I might just hop in the UPS truck by mistake!

I'm off to give the doggies a snack and myself some lunch and then a quick trip to WM to pick up some stuff I forgot yesterday and to do a little business with the manager.  The day is yours to enjoy as you will!  God gave it to me and I'm happy to share!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, what a day yesterday, rain and more rain and wind gusts so strong I thought a window would be blown in. When I looked out earlier it was starting to dry on the walks but it is raining again now. I t was more than 2 hours of it yesterday and during the night and more now. Still wonder about that arc we should start building. Power went out at times but not long, just enough to have to reset a few things.

SHIRLEY  the only news I want to see is the weather reports and local news. Like you it is my family that is important to me.

LARRY  just glad this is rain and not snow.

JANE  I set my homepage-that is what shows up when I start online. I think all computers have a home page. Anyway there is a way to set a homepage in IE and in Google. Saves time trying to get here every day.  I cannot explain it. I do things but am no good at explaining what I did.

JENNY  maybe a different brace would be tolerable for your Dad. I know what back pain is but mine is not as bad as your Dad's is. I was told several times by orthopedic doctors I am too old for surgery. It makes me want to tell them I might be in better health than them except for my back. Prayers for your Dad and grandson and you.

ROLEY-PETER  thank you for the link. I think that is the first time I heard all that song  sung.I enjoyed it. Merry Christmas.

CALLIE  I have nothing to do to get ready for Christmas day. My #1 son and DIL have given me orders to do nothing for the day but my son will pick me up and bring me home. I would feel odd if I did not make anything so will make an Ambrosia salad, about the easiest thing I can think of to do.

I think I finally caught up, my second son just left and we had a good visit, He comes every week end and his visits I am always happy to have.

Merry Christmas.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast