Random Image

toni-whimsy

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

: Soda Shoppe for April 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 01, 2019, 01:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Calling for flurries or rain today, I will take the flurries please. Still have way too much ice about.

On our way to the city yesterday I saw a lone Bittern standing in a narrow opening of ice covered  water and thought how cold his feet must be! Frogs will still be buried in the mud so maybe he caught a few fish to eat.

Need to pick up dog food today, both dogs are getting low  on food so will head into town to the feed mill. Will chase dust bunnies when I get home and wash  floors. This is a never ending job till everything dries up outside.

Jane, I too would go with the man with the handshake. To me that means a lot!! Remember when deals were settled with just a handshake? Plus it sounds as if he is also looking out for you, trying to get you the best without the high price. I would say his Mom raised him right.

Jenny happy to read Michele was having a good day......she will have a lot of up and down days in the time ahead. Prayers her way and for all.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We don't have much time before the boinger goes off and the doggies will want breakfast....me too. 

JENNY, Michele is still on the prayer list at church and on the one in my heart. She will remain there until you tell me she doesn't need the prayers any more. 

AMY, I answered your good news about Kyle in an email to you.  Lots of other stuff, too.

I think you're right about Bill (the yard guy) being "raised right".  But his wife also works for the Area Agency on Aging so he probably hears lots of stories about old ladies and their problems.  If she's anything like Cathy, she's very careful not to mention names but if the story fits, she uses it. 

I had to leave and go feed the doggies when the boinger went.  But I guess I'm finished for now.  I'll try to check back later but it probably won't be before I go to work at 10.  Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.  Make it you own in every way.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

Such good news about Kyle, Amy.  :thumbup:

Bright and sunny today and supposed to be warmer.  Yesterday was rainy and never got out of the low 40's all day.  I stayed in and did more laundry plus I baked another cherry tart.  It is good!

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well we did get the rain predicted for overnight, windy now. I am beginning to think that every time we have a beautiful blue no cloud sky before a day is over it will change to rain and wind. So far this spring it seems like that.
Nothing happening here but tomorrow the witch and the maintenance man will be checking apartments to make sure they are all safe, no blocked windows or extension cords to trip over, and the stove works like it should. I think it is more for her to make sure we have a clean apartment and no messes. At least I have no clutter, have to have clear floors to get around with the rollator. Will see what she finds to complain about tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone,you all know the old saying the hand is quicker than the eye,well my brain also is confused it get's the e's and I's backwards to each other, sometimes it messes spelling up so bad spell checker cant fix it and if Nancy is not on hand i am lost in the Maze. it is 46º and cloudy here today and calling for veering % of rain for today. oh well the old timers used to say if you do not like the weather here now stick around a short while we may have what you like. we called grandson last evening and he threw a monkey wrench in our plan's for traveling. His wife is a steward's for a airline she is flying now and has a heavy schedule. she can take her husband with her doubt she can take us though. when we get there when she is home I am going to ask her if she can get cheep tickets for us,if she can and they are cheep enough to fit our pocketbook will get tickets to go see peter in England. sweet dream isant it. we have stopped in and seen Jane when traveling close to here, only thing wrong with that was she would not let me pay for it but was good to see her and have a good meal with her. Have a great day. Having light drizzle in K C MO. at the moment. see you all later.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria we seam to be a copycat with your weather. see you later.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have a beautiful sunny day today with a high expected of 73.  We are looking forward to Scott being with us later this afternoon and early evening.  Other than that I expect it to be a pretty quiet day. I do have a couple of business matter to tend to.  I think I may have overdone a bit yesterday but was feeling like getting something accomplished. 

There were so many good postings that I wish I had the energy to comment on all of them but that is not the case so will just check in again for today.  

I hope everyone will enjoy the day.

Mary Ann

Jenny, re Uber - it is my understanding that the drivers answer the call as it comes in.  I have not had occasion to use Uber, since I have my own personal Uber driver.  Tom would tell the person the make and color of his car.  It would be difficult for the person to view the license plate because we have only the rear plates, none on the front. 

It is looking like a nice day today, it is 40 degrees now at 10 am.

Gloria, good luck with the witch's check up.  If she saw my condo unit, she'd throw me out as this room is a mess. 

Jane, I'm glad I do not have to worry about lawn care here.  I do let the Board know if there is something I think should be taken care of.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

A quick Good morning, should be getting ready to go to Lassies,to day is brown Bag day, but I just don't feel up to it. as my breathing is very bad to day.

Amy, I just had to come in here to say: I am so happy to read your news.

Jenny and Larry, always glad to read your post. I am just thankful to have S&F's to keep me busy and out of trouble. I can set here by the sunny window and write to all you nice friends
The phone just rang, and it was the man from down the street, he works at King Kullen, in Wadding River.  He called to see If I needed anything thing from his store.  How lucy can I be, and he takes the bus to work.

Jane and Shirley,  75 is the cutoff date here also.My trouble was the jury duty was never around here. One time when I was working I was called to jury duty in Brooklyn,I could never have found my way around ther plus I would have had to take the subway from the train station. Hospital got me out of that one. My friend that lives 30 mile up the Island got called to Riverhead, which happens to be the County set, with all kinds of court complexes. They told me the theory was being small towns you might know someone so they call you to another district.  The best yet my husband got two jury calls for one week.  One was  Town Court, and supreme count was the other one. He took the Town Court that was for one day.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

phyllis

Gloria de, When I lived up in Dutchess County, NY, I was called to jury duty at the Southeastern NY district court in lower Manhattan.  It was a ninety mile train trip to Grand Central station and then a long subway ride to the court house down on Foley Square.  It took me 2 and 1/2 hours each way.  I tried to get out of it but couldn't.  And it was during a blizzard, too.  That was interesting.  I was seated on a jury for an arson trial involving three co-defendants.  We had one day of trial when one of the defendants admitted guilt.  The judge had to dismiss the trial and set a new trial for the remaining defendants who still claimed they were not guilty.  Of course, the jury was excused.  I've rarely seen a man as angry as that judge was. Total waste of time, money, and use of the court.  For me it was an interesting experience - and frustrating.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Good news and bad.......Good news is the Cardio Dr gave me an excuse not to serve as a juror.... bad news is the valve the surgeon replaced 6+ years ago needs to be replaced again. He told the nurse to just write my excuse as "being treated for congestive heart failure".... but he insists I am repairable because my heart is strong. Not at all what I expected but still am not surprised. This procedure can put the replacement valve through the leg artery, said he's sent 7 off to this doctor, 6 had very good results but one had a stroke. That can happen with any heart cath/stent, etc. I thought I had 15 years before facing this but he said he's been expecting for a couple years, just didn't know how long I could hold out.  At least I wasn't just imagining a problem!  Youngest son called the other night to see if he could stop by after work tonight... of course I'm glad to see any of them when ever they have time, right, Parents? His daughter is the one getting married the first week of June & going a little crazy with wedding plans & expenses! I pulled out a whole eye of round roast that I had sliced & tenderized, cut into strips (same as used for fajitas only I call them "steak fingers"... browned add fresh garlic & put into cast iron Dutch oven for an hour to get super tender. Low calorie but stick to the ribs. Have a jar of pickled beets if he's interested... plenty to go with it, but he doesn't eat much since he works out on Wed.night. All my kids are into physical fit & trim these days, no fun to eat with.

Better check the meat, don't want it to scorch on bottom.

Amy

Shirley, I am glad you have an out for jury duty and sorry that this operation has come sooner than you thought. You ,dear lady will come through this with flying colours!! There will be no stopping you after the operation and healing time. Prayers for you, know you can do it.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Was on my way to bed and decided to check up on S&F first.  I'm glad  did because now I have something to add to my prayers.  SHIRLEY, I'm sorry to hear your bad news but like AMY said, you'll breeze through it and still be "our Shirley"! 

I'm off to bed.  Lots to do tomorrow.  I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Thank you, Amy & Jane....  have to admit that I'm not thrilled with the idea, & I sure do welcome your prayers. I went to sleep with all 3 cats outside and knew I'd probably wake up since weather guessers said we would have a storm about midnight. Sure enough, woke up at midnight & glanced at the door to see Tom & Tiger wanting in. I've checked 2 more doors but no Callie, radar showing rain almost here. Now I feel guilty because I yelled at Callie when she slipped down to the basement because I left the door open. She knows she isn't supposed to go down so darted from room to room down there when she heard me coming. I chased her up but instead of going outside where I left the door open for her, she circled the table & ran back downstairs 'cause I rushed up & left that door open again. By then I was really yelling at her so we were down & up again before I grabbed the little Hoover & turned on to scare her out. I had to take the battery powered rechargable Shark out for the trash that she marked her spot on yesterday & shorted out. Frustrated with cats so now I'm worried that I hurt her feelings. Got to get back to bed, about 5 hours sleep last night & no nap, busy day. 

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We had high winds last night but no snow  :thumbup: This morning I have a dentist appointment to attend to.

Shirley, animals are so forgiving and Callie will soon forget the day. I can talk cross at this pup and he comes right back for more hugs and cuddles. Babe ,you don't talk cross as she is so sensitive. Just use words and she understands them.

Phyliss, thank you, is cherry tart like cherry pie?

Gloria de, thank you..hope your breathing is better today.

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  The sun is shining and it's supposed to be a nice day.  Below freezing temps overnight and up into the 50s during the day.  Spring has Sprung!  This is normal for early Spring in Central PA and I'm in full favor of "normal"!

Have lots on the agenda for today including shopping for a birthday present for a little gal who will soon be 1 year old.  It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since Emma joined our family.  She has grown in our hearts so fast!

I just went in the kitchen to get the doggies a treat and decided it's time to run the dishwasher.  (I don't have any clean spoons).  I had to open a new "easy open" package of DW detergent thingies and they're NOT "easy open".  Well, maybe if I were 20 years younger and didn't have "Arthur" invading my hands, they might be.  Getting old is NOT for wimps!

I wish you all a joyful, happy day!  Grab it and make it your own.  In your case, SHIRLEY, talk nice to the kitty!

phyllis

QuotePhyliss, thank you, is cherry tart like cherry pie?

Yes, Amy, but easier to make, quicker to bake, not as pretty, but just as tasty. Just Google "Rustic Tart" and you will get links to a whole bunch of recipes.  I've made the apple tart but found that we like cherry better and I just use canned cherry pie filling and store bought pie dough, one sheet.  It takes me about 5 min. to put it together.

Shirley, I know the doctor's opinion gave you a shock and I'm sorry.  But, good that he wants you to have it done sooner before you had a serious episode jump up and hit you.  Will one of the children be able to be with you when you have it done?  You are always "there" for them now it is their turn to support you.  They will want to know if you need help.  Sorry if I sound "preachy" but we worry about you.

Grocery shopping today, as per usual.  I woke up with a terrible headache but hope it will go away when I get busy.  Spring allergies are really terrible this year.  Everyone I know is complaining about the high pollen.  But, the trees and shrubs, etc. are only doing their natural thing.

Jane, today's packaging drives me crazy!  Nothing is "easy open" any more.  I keep a pair of pliers handy and a sturdy knife and use a few choice words along with them.  Then, generally end up asking David to open it for me!

Let's all make it a good day!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, well we do not have problem with cats, just one dog here is Lucky she is allowed in the garage only,Nancy keeps her feed and fresh water there on the step for her. she can eat and drink as she wishes. as for cats as far as I know only one it runs wield out and sleeps in shop and keeps her distance.do not ever see any sign of little ones, that is alright with me. even tho as a child I had a cat i let sleep in bed with me no longer have a house cat, I learned they will get on table and lick on butter dish and out of any food left on table,so no cats in house here. Have a great day. we have light rain and 50º Here.

Lloyd

Shirley

Callie showed up at the front door as if nothing happened, came in & took a quick look to see if the basement door was open! She understands most words but is really stubborn about some things. Tom went out earlier & still making his rounds. Raining but not real hard, no thunder or lightning... that sends him find me & sticks like glue. She refused the tuna I put in her bowl, ate some dry food & in her bed cleaning up. I'd better go feed myself & catch a few more zzzzzzzzzs, still sleepy.

Thanks for the advice, encouragement, concern, girls... daughter says any time I am set for surgery she will be here & baby sit the cats. Don't know why but even Tom will go rub against her leg, he doesn't see her that often & won't even do that with the boys and he sees them all the time!  Both boys will be here & do anything they can. Don't know what the new surgeon will say, he may not see me as a choice for this type procedure. My daughter sent a link to a report that Mick Jagger is to have the same procedure..  https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/mick-jaggers-reported-heart-surgery-is-a-miracle-procedure-dr-marc-siegel  ....sounds easy enough & what my cardio described to me, but any time they invade the body is a chance for a stroke, so I'm not thrilled with the idea.

Jane, I've given up and keep pliers & box knife in my tool drawer in the kitchen. On the cabinet top by the stove I have scissors in a heavy jar that holds pens, pencils & finger nail files. These old hands are not as strong as they use to be. Sure does not seem like Emma joined the Senior Family a year ago.... would have thought "not long ago" when reading about her arrival. Send her a special "Happy Birthday" from the old Auntie in Kansas, please?

Amy, Callie seems to understand everything but has a stubborn streak about doing what she wants... like having the pad next to the litter box and checking out the basement. I discovered she marked her territory in a storage room in the basement and with so many nooks & crannies down there, could be a real problem of finding "where that smell comes from". There is a litter box at the foot of the stairs that Tom & Tiger use, but she has her mind made up about some things. She doesn't hold a grudge but I do........ I'm not going to replace that Shark Navigator but will sure miss it.

Good morning, Lloyd. Happy your cattle brought in big dollars, my brother-in-law used to get calves at the sale barn in the spring & grain feed during the summer when they had some land north of Warrensburg. They don't live there anymore. I was never a cat lover, my sister always had one, but I will take care of these as long as I can since Cas enjoyed having them around his last few years.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, sunny and 37°. The wit ch and the maintenance man will be checking the apartments today for anything dangerous. Like extension cords and blocked windows in case a fireman has to take us out a window. Heck I cannot  open t he windows anymore than about 8 inches and cannot open the screens either. Only a few windows in this building open all the way. Not safe IMHO.

LLOYD  would be wonderful if you and Nancy could go see Peter.

LARRY  like you I tire too fast these days and I do not have your health problems.

SHIRLEY  if you are any thing like me, the few times I had surgery I wanted it done ASAP, not waiting and worrying. I just added you to my prayers.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have a beautiful and sunny morning and headed to a high in the mid to upper 70's today with no rain in the forecast until possibly late tonight. The kind lady from our Sunday School class did bring by the Wednesday night dinners of fried chicken, salad, French fries and a thin but rich dessert.  Two pieces of chicken were on each dinner so I had the wing, 3 French fries, a little of the salad and the dessert.  I gave the rest of the dinner to Scott and Pat had put one piece of her chicken on Scott plate.  The girls were here but they had eaten before they got here to I reimbursed them for the cost of their dinners as it was no more than what it would have been had we taken them out to eat.  There are only two more Wednesday night dinners in May and then the meals will stop for the summer.  I can go online and pay for the dinners.

I think Scott discovered the problem with Pat's computers that wouldn't connect or stay connected to the Internet.  It had to do with the IP address and rather than one that changes he put in a static one.  He was also able to figure out how to get the games downloaded that Pat had paid for over the years.  Obviously we were happy happy as that takes a big weight off my shoulders thinking I would need to restore the computer to factory condition.  He will be out again this afternoon and will do the same adjustment to the other laptop. 

When I made my Camomile tea last night I noticed it was very dark and had a different flavor.  When I finished I discovered that Pat had not removed the coffee pod from yesterday morning so I had a blend of decaf coffee and tea.  I would usually notice this before I start the coffee pot to dispense the hot water but had not.  We had a good laugh over this unimportant oversight by both of us and I will be more careful in the future.  After I finished the tea I had a great night's sleep.

Lindancer, sorry our had to miss your Lassies meeting but it sounds like you made a wise decision to stay home.  I hope your breathing is better today. 

Phyllis and Linedancer, over the years I was called for jury duty several times but never had that far to travel and at the end they had the system set up where you could call in too see if you would be needed that day as you served for 5 days of whatever length a trial might be if selected for a jury.  The last time I didn't even have to report as we were released for the entire week. 

Shirley, I hope you won't delay your needed valve replacement and risk your life.  It sounds like you won't have to have your chest reopened for the replacement so will likely have a quick recovery and hopefully would feel better immediately.  I just bet your cat will forgive you.

Amy, glad you were able to miss more snow last night.  Have fun at the dentists.  Those appointments are certainly not as scary as they used to be.

Jane, glad you are having normal weather up your way and that Spring is finally here.  Pat and I find opening packages and products to be very hard and sometimes the seal is almost impossible to get off or even cut off with scissors or a knife.  I don't have a problem with "Arthur" but still have a lot of problems with some of the packaging. 

Lloyd, we had a house cat for a number of years and expect we would have been shocked if we saw what when on when not around.  However, we always kept the butter in a covered dish.  I hope this will be a good day for you. 

Gloria, I hope your inspection goes well today but would be willing to bet that it does as you know the routine.  I agree with you about wanting to get surgery done ASAP.  I don't anticipate that I will ever have anymore surgery as wouldn't be a good risk with this heart condition.

Mary Ann

While I have discovered the cat on the dining room table, he jumps off immediately when I holler at him.  I don't leave food out on the counter and his own food is available at all times.  Kendrick really is a pretty good cat.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good afternoon and a quick "Hello" sunny day, but cool. 
This is the first time I have been on oxygen 24/7. My count had gone down real low. I now have it up to 79. Guess that is why I am so tired
Gloria, hope everything went OK, when they didyour house checkup

Shirley, prays are being sent your way, and anybody else that  need a hug.  Guess I should not say that anymore.  Although when I get hugs from my neighbors.  I just know they care about me

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Well, I started a post a while ago and I was interrupted and I just now got back and it wouldn't let me post.  While I was trying, I lost it.   So I went and got a cup of coffee and I'm going to try again.

This morning one of the yard guys came by with his proposal for doing the things on my list and it was very reasonable.  I think he's going to be the one but there's another guy coming by on Saturday morning and I'm going to wait and see what he says.

I've made some pretty good progress today what with balancing the checkbook, getting the bills paid, (hopefully) finding a yard guy, and getting a good start on the choc. PB crackers for Bethany.  I also cleaned off my desk and put some stuff away that's been bugging me. 

All in all, a good day.  I hope you all had a good one, too.  Almost forgot...I said a prayer for everyone who needs it.

Now I have to start thinking about supper!  Any suggestions?

Amy

The day went well and I am happy to be home. Neighbour just left with the groceries we picked up for her and now I am going to put my feet up.

Gloria de, I will take hugs anytime.....they feel so good.

Jane, I NEED to clean off my desk too ,been trying to do it all week. Start then move on to something else....do you think I am procrastinating?

Joy, must be busy?

Enjoy your evening everyone.

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Checking in to see how the day has gone for everyone. Where's Gloria... is that steam coming out of her ears or is she celebrating that all went well during the inspection???? 

Gloria de... when my oxygen level went down to 74 in CO, I didn't even know about the cans available over the counter in Walmart. By the next day it was up to 78 & couple more days up to 83. That time I had driven out by myself & had a cat screaming in the back because she needed me to stop so she could use the litter box, only no place to stop on that stretch of highway. Was in a curvy stretch with bright sunset in my eyes & very dark around the curve in shadow of a mountain. These old eyes don't adjust that fast. All in all, the most stressful trip I ever made so try not to go when the days are short. So sorry your level is down... do you keep raisins on hand & all the high iron foods?  My iron level drops & I can tell it immediately, but mine is not as bad as yours. At one point in my daughter's life she was so extremely low I wasn't sure how she would get built back up. When Andy had his heart surgery they gave him a prescription that brought his level up fast. I had mine checked to see if that was my short winded problem, wasn't. Hope you can get fixed fast!

Looks like I need to stop & take the cats' supper down to the river. Tonight I cut up some chicken I had frozen along with some fresh raw hamburger. They ate the hamburger but not the chicken so will feed it to some other critters. They didn't eat their breakfast tuna, either. They do have the best of the dry food on hand all the time so won't go hungry, but they will eat at least half a can each of the wet Friskies (if I have the flavor they like). Getting dark so better move. Later!

Larry, I also keep my butter in a covered dish, I like it soft so it stays on the counter. I use up a stick about every other day, the real "butter-butter".

Amy, you are right, the critters are forgiving but now & then I do get on their nerves!  :-[

Mary Ann, my Tom (cat) is so lovable, but he gets his wild instincts stirred up when out so much. Would love if he could be happy as a full time house cat, all of them. Sadly, ferals do not change. Poor old LaurenKat was 18 when she escaped in CO and my only consolation to her remaining in CO was that "at least she died free". But I will always feel sad she was so terrified those last days. I would be lost without an animal to talk to.

JaneS

I'm on my way to bed but stopped in to say....

Good Night Everyfriend!  And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

Checking in late tonight....

Michele had a very bad day yesterday so we stayed with her until Dave got home....today she is better but we wanted to be there just in case. 

SHIRLEY, I am sorry to read that the report from your doctor was more serious than I would have expected in light of the fact they did not call you and get you in right away.  I am aware of the operation you are going to have and I certainly hope and pray that it will go well and you will be up and out of there right away going strong.  HUGS to you.

GLORIA, I hope the inspection went well today and the w*tch did not cause you too much stress.

LARRY, it sure was good to read your daily offering.....I hope you are feeling better.  So nice the church members take care of you on Wednesday nights. 

JANE, you did accomplish a lot today.  Happy the estimate was acceptable on the yard work.  I think you are smart to wait for the next one due on Saturday.  Thank you again for all the prayers.....

The new house cleaning lady is to arrive at 8AM.  We are anxious to have this over and see how it went. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Just a quick "Good Morning Everyfriend"  while we wait for the boinger.  We've been up and attem since about 6:20.  And believer it or not....there's snow on the ground and it's still coming down!  It doesn't seem to be laying on the roads and sidewalk but it is laying on the grassy areas.

AMY, I thought I told you to keep your snow on your side of the border!  This definitely looks like Canadian SNOW and I just hope it goes back where it came from and pretty quick!

Cathy texted me last night that she's going to the Amish Store right after work this afternoon and do I want to go along.  I asked if it would be alright to delay my decision until after work today so I can see if I have any energy left.  That was fine with her.  So we shall see!

It's almost time for the boinger.  I know without even looking because Annie just appeared in the office doorway.  She hasn't told me yet but it's only a matter of time.

I wish you all a better day than yesterday.  Make it your own in every way!

P.S.  Maybe Joy won the card game and is celebrating!

Amy

Good morning everyone..
No no no Janie, that is your snow and please don't share. :) We are to have warmer temps this week end and no snow..

Working around home today...little jobs that are finally going to get done. Then sew, I hope.

Phyliss I did look up Rustic tart and my Mom used to make that when there wasn't enough pastry to do another pie. Sometimes she would also roll the left over pastry out and put butter,brown sugar and cinnamon on it then roll it up and bake it. That didn't last long we loved that. Thank you for brining that memory back and I think that is the way to do some pie/tart here as it takes forever to eat a pie without help.

Gloria, wouldn't it be nice if the wi tch parked her broom at another place?

Larry, hope you have a wonderful day today.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean