Random Image

Changing faces

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:58:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

From Amy

It is May 08 and the rhubarb in that circle is wearing a snow blanket!!!

rhubarb.jpg

Sato

Nice photos, and good presentations to enjoy seeing beautiful flowers around here and there.     

I am Sato, in Japan.
Energetic in spite of that unseen dangerous virus.
Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, it is 38ยบ and clear here now. calling for rain this after noon. and thunder storms for tomorrow and colder. so I am not making any plans for out side. you all have a good day just the way you like it.

Lloyd

JaneS

AMY, that's your pay for living in the "far North".  We had some "rain turning to snow" overnight but it didn't lay.  However, the temps did dip below freezing.  I'm REALLY ready for Spring!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Bubble, thank you for posting the photo..

Jane, we get paid a lot here  :2funny:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MarsGal

Good to hear that you are doing well, Sato. My sister and I are planning to take a day trip in August to Philadelpia's Fairmount Park where they have a Japanese garden, replica tea-house, and a horticultural center. This is the Japanese garden. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os4lUEreA_Y

so_P_bubble

Welcome back Sato. I am glad to know you are Ok from this nasty Corona. Keep safe!
In Brazil now it is getting catastrophic and a worry for friends there.

JeanneP

Good to hear from sato. Enjoyed the Japan garden trip. Now ours by the university looks a lot like that. Maybe not as large. Love going there but buildings closed at this time. A great place to just walk around.
Glad everyone doing o.k just listen to the health advice and turn off the politicians.
JeanneP

JeanneP

On my computer today it looks like all the members faces are gone. Is mine the only one?
JeanneP

Beverly

Farm where my Dad grew up and I was born.

I didn't take this picture.........it was before I was born, but I think my mother did.

Beverly

The Sugar House is the closest building and the house is mostly hidden by trees.

so_P_bubble

angelface555

Bubble, I sent you a PM.

Bev, what a treasure that photo must be for you!

FlaJean

Beverly, what a nice photo.  Beautiful landscape.

angelface555

angelface555

Amy

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Beverly

Angelface - Cute kittens. Love the striped one!

Jean - That's one of my favorite pictures! I want to have it printed and framed. That's my Dad sitting on the hill.

JeanneP

Beverly
What a beautiful place to be born and live
Now is it still in the family.
JeanneP

Shirley

Beverly, I've painted a number of photos like yours, that people wanted to give to their parents. Most were not as good of condition as yours. One lady came to pick hers up & as she crossed the room she gave a big sigh and said, "There was always a clothes line right there behind the house".... so I whipped out the brushes & she described what it looked like & the angle & took it home happy & carefully, with wet paint.  One house photo was taken with 2 shots & pieced together, the house was later destroyed by a tornado. Many, many out buildings. When all done & the lady came to pick up she started laughing. There was an evergreen right at the bottom of the wide steps to the porch... no sidewalk, so I put it in. She said it was the Christmas tree & someone had just kicked it off the porch!  I painted it out & said if the family wanted to have prints made they could (must have permission or most places won't make a print of an original painting). I loved doing those type commissions but hated doing portraits, people do not usually see their flaws,  ::)  but dogs don't object at all & I did hundreds of them over the years. One of these days I may settle down & see if the urge is still there, I did like the money but not sure it would be worth the sitting any more. You could get that photo printed on canvas & not have to put glass over it... but would probably stay sharper on photo paper. Where & what date would that be? Lucky you...

Bubble, think I found them all so will send you e-mail. Gave up while ago & when I came back I found the last one (I think) right off.

Patricia, when we bought our 3 kittens back after having them "fixed", they were in separate cages & all crying until we put them together in the big cage. Then Tom comforted the girls. The one that had the hardest time coming out of the drugs, he put his head over her neck as if to hug her. We had rushed to take them in because a male cat had been coming around & we didn't want another litter since we discovered no agency will take ferals around here. Once their mother weaned them behind our house & saw that we would take care of them, she took off & stayed away until the people moved that had been feeding her. These animals really do think.

so_P_bubble

Amy and Angel, you got the six! Great!
Shirley, no mail here...

Beverly

Jeanne P - It stayed in the family till my brother sold it in the 1990s. In the 70s my Dad moved into the house and lived there until he passed away in 1991.

Shirley - It's in Vermont. I think it was taken in 1937.

so_P_bubble

Solution
1. Film
2. Ticket
3. Movie
4. Sequel
5. Candy
6. Preview

Amy and Angel, you got the six! Great!

Cinema solution 6 Hidden Words.jpg

so_P_bubble

We are in the middle of a heat wave: today 39C! That is 102F!

Since the situation with Corona Virus is easing up, Illy and Aviv drove north to the Banias streams. It was shady and cool water.

20200516_113314_resized.jpg

20200516_122216.jpg

20200516_140008.jpg

FlaJean

That water looks inviting!

angelface555

Bubble, more great family photos! I would be with Aviv, right in that water!

I'd love to see 102F here except it seems as if anything 80 and above creates a fire or two. We used to have 102 or 104F in summer's upper range. Then we had a multiple year drought and a number of fires. Everything's changed.

so_P_bubble

we had 94 wild spontaneous fires today. Luckily all are in control.

Tomorrow will be even hotter.

angelface555

The whole world is changing, and so many things are changing with it. I wonder what succeeding generations' lives will be like?

I hope your summer and mine will be good this year!

Shirley

Thanks for the solution, Bubble... been a rat race around here & didn't get back to search. Looks like Aviv's hair may be a little longer?  My grands on Facebook are complaining about their ROOTS growing out. How did my grands get so much older than yours??? That stream looks inviting. The streams in Colorado are too cold to dip a toe in... melted snow even in June when we usually go.

Beverly

Bubble - Kids can always find a way to cool off! They must have enjoyed getting out of the house.