Random Image

Blue Daze

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

How sweet these twins are, and already with earrings!   :smitten:

Beverly

Bubble - I had to go back and look. I hadn't noticed the earrings.  :)

My sister-in-law posted a video last night of Ellie crawling/creeping across the living room floor!

angelface555

They're so cute, personalities already showing! I remember my mother throwing a fit when I had my daughter's ears pierced as an infant.

angelface555

I'd like to thank everyone who played my last quiz and thanks to our winners, Amy, Marilyne, and Jenny!

I have another quiz, A Mythical Creatures Quiz-Name the creature by its description.

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=182381

Joy

Beverly , what beautiful babies !

Joy 
BIG BOX

Beverly

Thank you everyone for the nice comments about the twins.

Beverly

Continuing with photos of old and current friends from SN and S&F

Jenny (Denver) and Bob Hardin

Beverly

Conga Line! Toni-Lee Neikens, Gladys, Anne and Gordon Graham. I still keep in touch with Anne on FB. Toni-Lee passed away not long ago.

Beverly

angelface555

Bev, something is tickling the back of my mind per Anne and Gordon Graham. I just cannot remember. I also remember Katie had a special tagline about a nightcap. It wasn't schnapps, was it?  Three people I never really knew but enjoyed reading about them and their convos with friends on the site.

It really was like a family. I remember I didn't post for about a couple of weeks due to other stuff going on and Adrienne had the local police check in on me and tell me to call my friends as they were worried. Then when I got back online, Bunny and Rae bawled me out for not letting anyone know. I wasn't used to being noticed online and I didn't realize anyone would notice but they sure did!

Do you remember Peaches? We lost her just a bit before Karren.

Beverly

Patricia - I think it was Bailey's Irish Creme. Katie also loved Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad. Anne and Gordon Graham were avid line-dancers. After the bash in Pennsylvania they spent a week with us at our house in Vermont. Good memories. Yes, I remember Peaches and Karren. Both had health problems. The SN friends really did become like family!

so_P_bubble

Peaches lived in California.  She wrote lovely tales in WREX -SN. If she still had a writers' corner here, I could post some of the offerings we had there...

JeanneP

Loved their names. Had not noticed the earrings. My friend from South America had a little girl here ,asked the dr. To do it later and he said no, And they wouldn't 
     do it. She had had a little boy who they almost insisted they  circumsixed him when in her country it worked the other way around .
JeanneP

angelface555

I'm sorry for your friend Jeannie. Doctors can be pompous, and sure they're right, and often that's a failed presumption. I had my daughter's ears pierced at a jewelry store.

angelface555

SeniorNet and the Internet can do surprising things. One time, Bubble and I were talking, and she mentioned she had a friend living in Fairbanks. When she found out I didn't know her friend Karren, she arranged for us to meet.

It was the first time I had a friend from Israel, arrange for me to meet and become friends with a woman in my own town. Thank you for that introduction, Bubble!

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes i remember Peaches, she was so sweet, ( no pun intended ) but she was such a lovely delicate - tender lady...a member i realy took to..
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

Here is a photo of Peaches

Mary Jane Rohr-Weaver.jpg

so_P_bubble

Peaches used this one in her profile

MaryJaneRohr.jpg

angelface555

Bubble, thanks for the photos of Peaches! She was a true friend, and she said that Karren's fight inspired her to keep going with her cancer fight.

Marilyne

Peaches,  was a special friend of mine also.  We posted in lots of the same folders here in Seniors & Friends, and became better acquainted via email, and a number of telephone conversations.  She lived about 150 miles from me, in Fresno, and we always intended to meet and spend the day together.  I was going to drive there, but unfortunately I never did.   

Her cancer escalated quickly, and she did not linger long.  In case some of you have forgotten, her real name was, Mary Jane Rohr-Weaver.

Shirley

Great people of the past and we still have many good friends to visit with in here. My kids are amazed every time I mention y'all like "coffee buddies" back when we were raising kids. We mothers would get together & drink coffee so the kids could play together.

It is fun when we get to see the little ones and have seen photos of grandparents (thinking of Jenny & Jonah) how much they look alike. I also think the twins have the same happy expression as you, Beverly!

Wish I had more time to visit but going to get dark early with cloud cover. Miserable hot & windy but those fish are waiting (and the bugs!) I have bites all over me this evening, not sure why they didn't start itching until now, but I forgot to put on any spray last night or take my B-1 vitamin. Thanks for sharing the photos, Bubble & Beverly.

Beverly

Bubble - Thanks for sharing these. Lovely pictures of a lovely lady!

angelface555

Its time for another quiz, short and sweet with only nine questions, and two answers are given to fill in the blanks. https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=182484   

Vanilla-Jackie

That's it, she was known on our forum as " Mary Jane Peaches " she was such a lovely member..

Bubble, thank you for the photos, yes that is the way i remember her face...
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

I have a new quiz in a different format. You can each post the answer to one question. Afterward, I'll open it up to more.

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?msg=182616

JeanneP

I only met people when I believe it was still Seniornet. I had a Bash here in Champaign /Urbana just for a day and about 20 came. Then I also me about 12 who made a meeting over in the UK. Believe it was on the book club. Very few of them are still with us. Fact I can't now remember most of their name.
I was visiting England at that time and My Cousin, his wife and myself met them at a lunch in London. I did meet 2 people who were on SNet a couple of times when I later went back to UK. One passed last year and the other Was Jintymac who still living in Scotland. She ws living in Yorkshire at the time and spent time with her and her husband John. Can't think of a lady now that I met for the weekend up in Chicago. We had a fun 3 days. I am so awful remembering name now of people met years back. I enjoyed them all. I had arraingment made to meet one and is wife in Belgium on year.(she got really sick) and another one in NewZealand who again go a family problem and wife died. Wonder now how our talks would be to this time with all that is now going on.  Who would have thought back then.
JeanneP

Denver

So good to see pictures of our friends here in this folder and to read different expierences each of us had. 

SHIRLEY, my family used to call you all my "box friends", and I did not take kindly to it!  Many of you I consider my friends more than some friends in my current life!  No one can understand how we all feel about each other unless they have had this kind of experience. 

I had a folder of names and locations of all the SN groups, but right now I am not sure where it is.  No doubt it is still here somewhere 😘

I can not help but feel sad thinking of how many of our group have passed on 😩🙏. So many lovely people.
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

Jenny, my theory about how close we become in here is that whatever else we have going on in our lives, we have age & health issues in common in here. And I also think we are more apt to tell tales of long ago or if we have a problem we don't want to share with family... these good friends aren't likely to snitch on us. :2funny:  It is sad we've lost so many interesting people but how much sadder if we had never known them.

I came to see how everyone is doing, concerned that Jackie hasn't been in for a while. Hopefully it is just internet problems & not health. I needed to sit. So far this morning I've cleaned the pool, giving the front yard a good soaking since mowers come tomorrow. Lopped off some long branches on the evergreen out in the berm & cut back some little mulberry trees. Have a pile of branches to put in the dumpster in the morning when I unlock gates for the mowers. Tom & Tiger came in for the day, Callie prefers being outside. I think the air conditioning bothers her. I keep the thermostat on 78 & that is comfortable day & night for me.

It was 69°  last night so I opened my sliding door in the bedroom. Anyone wanting to break in would have to climb 2 fences to get to the doors and I sleep with one eye open always, even when Cas was alive. He appreciated me having a gun handy out camping & even on my side of the bed where ever we lived. They are like any kitchen tool, gotta know they can hurt or be a help, but do make a 5 foot person able to protect herself. Not everyone is comfortable with guns but I learned to shoot very young (at targets). My sister never fired a gun in her life. This house was broken into a year or so after be bought so I know "it can happen here". I don't think all the laws in the world will keep the bad guys from having guns so as long as I live alone, I am legal and know how to use them. Don't know how I got on that soapbox, guess having the door wide open last night....

I am hearing bird songs that aren't local... do think the migration has started. Have a camera handy & will see if I can see what is singing. I do believe that the camera is much better than hunting with a gun.  :thumbup:

angelface555

Posting for Bubble, these two links are for the four mask photos

https://tinyurl.com/y3t44xlj

https://tinyurl.com/y23jk9ut

angelface555