Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (81).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

patricia19

patricia19

patricia19

FlaJean

Love those bright fall colors.  We don't get them -----too warm.

Shirley

Eitan doesn't look much like Illy, do you think?  Maybe it's the hair. Is hers naturally curly? My gr-daughters (daughter's daughters) are both very tall but one has hair as naturally curly as Illy's and the other straight & much finer. They all got their long legs from Cas & his mother. I don't think anyone on my side of the familie got over 6' tall. Eitan sure is handsome. Is he married? 

Patricia, those shrubs are gorgeous! Don't think any shrubs are changing around here. I planned to go by the park to stop & take photos of those silly trees blooming. Maybe tomorrow.... an excuse to go through the drive thru at either KFC or Taco Bell.  :thumbup:

I've been watching wave after wave of robins migrating through... I always think the last ones must be from Alaska!  One group this week was acting like a bunch of kids, swooping down on each other & playing in the birdbath, (clam shell shape that sits on the ground). All of a sudden they will disappear. The band today was more dignified, not as many, just stopped to look for bugs, have a drink & on the road again.

patricia19

Shirley, genetics are amazing at times. My father was six foot four and a half, and he was the fourth tallest among the eight brothers. And the four sisters were all at or just under six feet. Everyone had wavy black or reddish hair. Now my mother said she was five feet, but no one believed it. Her father and brother were five foot seven inches, and her sister and my grandmother were both under five feet. All of them had thick curly afros in reds, blondes, and blacks.

Then you have my two sisters and me. My older and younger sisters are six feet and six foot one. They both had the red afros that were these tight curls. I am five foot six, baby fine wavy red hair, and several people were sure I was adopted. I would have believed it too if mom hadn't shown me a photo of her mother at a young age. We could have been twins; I was a genetic throwback.

Marilyne

Patricia - your photos are an interesting look at Fairbanks, in the Fall. What is that large building in the last picture?

so_P_bubble

Those are fiery bushes! Made me think of the fiery bush in the Bible! You are lucky Angel to see and admire that.

Yes Shirley Illy's curls are natural and it was hell to comb when she was small, all tangles. At the time it was considered "untidy" in kindergarten.

patricia19

Thanks everyone! That large building is a bank in that last photo. That area is one of the older industrial areas along the river. Most of the buildings date back to the forties or fifties. While the town center buildings are more in the thirties' art deco style, the industrial areas have the fifties' block style buildings. The further you go out, you see examples of the sixties, seventies, and eighties in the malls and housing.

The city was incorporated in 1903, having originated as a trading post, and then gold camp by the rivers. While the Southeast has more cruise ship tourists and that pretty Scandinavian vibe, this area is the state's mining and working hub. Every set of supplies or machinery sent north of Anchorage processes through here.

patricia19

Here are two colorful photos my sister sent me from her neighborhood in Couer de Lene, Idaho.

IMG_0966 Cour de Lene1.jpg

patricia19

so_P_bubble

pumpkins in London's supermarket.

pumpkins in London's supermarket..jpg

Tomereader1

More like "miniature" pumpkins!  But cute!

so_P_bubble

For Amy

Crooked neck traveller
Crooked neck traveller.jpg

Breaking out of our garden and onto the lawn
Breaking out of our garden and onto the lawn.jpg

Another squash
Another squash.jpg

Shirley

Haha, Bubble, think you'd better have a rope ladder to climb out the window to save yourself if the crook necked out grew the pot! That looks about as dangerous as the wisteria I started down by the river. It has grown across the ground to another tree this past year. I have a bag of pine cones brought back from CO this summer. Someone said they need to be in or on the ground to freeze before they open & seeds start to grow. I'm game to try.

Bubble, the sign on the pumpkin boxes ...L2  L3  would that be the 2 pound & 3 pound price?  When we were there (more than 65 years ago) a pound was $2.80 American money. I have no idea what the rate of exchange is now. I'll try to remember to check prices when at the store, we see the little ones & bigger ones everywhere right now. My mother loved pumpkin pie but never convinced any of the rest of us it was really food for humans. ;)

Thanks for the pics, Amy, Patricia & Bubble. Patricia, any ides what kind of trees those reds are? Wish we had more color along the river. I do have one small maple that is trying to grow under the shade of the elm that the wisteria grows up. Think it needs to be moved for more sun.

Tom is stirring, he looks so skinny. Ever since his mother weaned him in our back yard we watched as he stuffed himself until he threw up. His mother finally just disappeared when she saw we would feed them. I'm guessing that he sucks air eating so fast, like our babies, you would think he was starved all the time. He wants his freedom too much to even consider keeping him in to monitor what he eats. Tiger is more content to be inside but loves her freedom.

patricia19

Shirley, the red trees are Siberian Larch, and I don't know what the hedges are. Amy, Bubble, we have the same small pumpkins in our grocery stores, and they're not native to this area. All of the gourds you see in Alaska are imported to my knowledge. Thanks for posting these photos.

so_P_bubble

1 Pound Sterling = 1.3115 United States Dollar

Beverly

Bubble - Wow!

Patricia - The shrubs look like what we call "burning bush".

patricia19

Thanks Bev! I did a search and the examples look like ours.

Shirley

Our burning bushes are starting to fire up around here, too!  Guess Siberian wouldn't survive our summers, Patricia.

Bubble, thanks. I think that is about what the rate of exchange was when I hoped to visit England for our 25th Anniversary. Cas said it was twice as expensive as when we were there & guess I'll never get to go back. I really wanted to travel, most of all to Alaska. Think those days are over & never got here for me. But, thanks to y'all, I get to see from my computer! :tissue:

Denver

Just a quick stop by to say a quick HELLO to ALL🍁🍂

A belated HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY to JACK.  Thank you BUBBLE for sharing the picture of our dear friend and his beautiful MiMi.  We sure do miss your Posts and pictures you used to share with us😢. Also the picture of your son playing the violin.  Your Son, Eitan is a nice looking man.  I would love to hear him play.

AMY, let me be the first to wish you and any other Canadians a
               🦃 HAPPY THANKSGIVING  🦃
tomorrow.  I do hope you will have a blessed day and that hopefully the family can be there to join you. 

I sure enjoyed the pictures of your squash crop, AMY, and your pictures of your sister's beautiful colored trees in Coeur d'Alene and the bushes in your area and the Pumpkins in London, BUBBLE. Those Pumpkins 🎃 look much smaller than ours here in Colorado.

We had quite a lot of winds 💨 here today and boy did the temperatures drop rapidly.  Mother Nature is doing her best to get the leaves to dry up and fall off of our beautiful trees before the snow flakes begin to fall❄️  Our trees have been absolutely beautiful here this whole week. 

Enjoy the rest of your evening and pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble

For Shirley

I took the camera down to show what the beaver has been busy doing last 2 days : different tree cuttings & chips laying on the ground. Busy guy!
I'm surprised it is cutting larger poles this year, no clue where the den is.

P1070002.JPG

P1060999.JPGP1070004.JPG

P1070005.JPG

so_P_bubble

for Shirley

My Peace rose bush. I planted it a year after we moved here (31 years ago)and every year the blooms are gorgeous.

P1060981.JPG

P1060987.JPG

P1060990.JPG

Amy

Jenny thank you.... but the photos of the beautiful trees belong to Patricia and her sister.

Shirley, love your photos especially the one with the dove in the dish!! Did you notice you caught a dew drop on the last photo of the rose? Perfect timing!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Denver thank you for your Handy work, and posting it. I called Nancy over and showed her. she loved it also. hope you all have a good day today; I wish my brain would work so I could post pictures Like i used to before I got the head knocks in 0-14. we have  court dates , of march 31 and first and second of April,
the Lawyer thinks we will at least get life time rights back as was agreed in the sale of place. just make sure you get things notarized do not take trust and word of mouth and hand shakes like we could use to.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Not sure what I am not doing correctly but I posted and do not see it. about court dates.

Lloyd

Amy

Lloyd, you posted that over in Soda Shoppe...check in there..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Shirley, lovely rose and dove! We have beavers here, and the town puts cages around the base of trees by the different waters.

Denver

I am so sorry PATRICIA that I neglected to put your name when I was thanking people for the nice pictures....I KNEW in my mind that it is of YOUR sisters trees that you had posted.  Than you AMY, for drawing my attention to this error😩😩

SHIRLEY, I love the painting you did of a peace rose....it is beautiful.  A peace rose is my very favorite rose and it was my dear mama's too🥰. WOW, that beaver sure did a good and quick job on that tree.  My son has a cage of sorts around some of his trees in their yard in Vail to keep those beavers from chewing them down. 

Have a good rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"