Random Image

Mute Swan

Owner: Chocky
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Just before the snow, they cut down all the trees in the back so there's no cover and fewer birds next summer for us to watch. The fence below shows unplowed snow where people would park if they were visiting and delineates part of the L shaped dog park from the street.

DSC_0005a.jpg

patricia19

The city council is reminding everyone to clear their roofs.

DSC_0010a.jpg

patricia19

Marilyne

Patricia - I'm completely mixed up?  I see the arrow pointing to the blue bus, but can't figure out where the Fairbanks Native Assn. is, in relation?  The snowy roof to the far right maybe?

patricia19

Yes, the roof to the right. A better photo is the one showing it across from the dog park.

Amy

Patrica ,that area is now bare?? Why did they do this, were the trees dying?
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

PATRICIA  from the looks of the buildings there is still a lot of snow on the roofs. We had som beautiful huge piiones in the back yard here and 2 years ago they cut them all down. Had a lot of birds and even deer going through. No birds or wild life anymore. Just a big lawn now.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

Management sent notices out just before our first snow that the trees were infected and needed to be removed but not the ones on the building sides or front. Many tenants had been tossing out seeds or bread, and there were several notices unheeded about not feeding the birds as they left guano on the building or pieces of rotten bread on the grounds.

There are rumors that this is why the birch and two pines were removed. I really enjoyed the trees; they were right off my balcony; Farrah had her window on the world and I observed nest building, squirrels, and seasonal changes, as well as a screen from surrounding areas. Next summer will not have the leafing and watching new life as we did before and less to engage and photograph.

Denver

PATRICIA, How sad to read about the trees being taken out by your building.  I know you and Farrah will really miss them come spring.  I bet it really looks strange now?  😢
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

patricia19

It does, Jenny, and you feel more exposed even at four floors up. The trees were so nice before. This building occupies an entire block, and the trees softened this back building side.

so_P_bubble

15 errors results

Clipboard.jpg

Bravo Rammel and Angelface for finding them all. You are real pro!

patricia19

patricia19

This is one reason more people are having food allergies. I saw this yesterday at Fred Meyers, marketed to kids and according to the label, it had no actual food. Everything was chemicals and artificial flavors, colors, and scents.

20201203_135952_HDRa.jpg

MarsGal

Eeeeyuuu! Makes me want to gag, Patricia.

patricia19

I know, but think of all the little kids wanting their colored snacks with a cartoon dragon upfront or perhaps to their minds, a dinosaur! They get their hooks in early!

patricia19

Two photos from a couple of days ago. With the lockdown and my wonky balance, I don't get out much. These two photos show when one part is colder than the other part and you get that rosy glow during sunrise and again at sunset.

DSC_0005az.jpg

patricia19

Shirley

Beautiful soft colors, Patricia.... but it does look cold!

patricia19

2 degrees, Shirley.  I should pop over to the building's front side, where there are still trees and landscaping. We're like the bad side of town, and the other side is the posh part of town.

FlaJean

Lovely skies, Patricia.

Amy

Patricia, beautiful photos of the sky!! Love the soft glow ...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

BEAUTIFUL SKIES, thank you for sharing ☀️ The snack packs are awful to look at and obviously nothing anyone should be eating!  The packaging looks like it would contain silly putty or the like ☠️😡
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Sandy

need a suggestion for easy to use photo editor.. 

I am using Gimp now but it is a bit complicated. 

Is the size of this photo ok,  soapy
Thanks Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Sandy

I cropped it further to get it on the page better.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Sandy wow! What a beautiful girl Fe is growing in to be!!!You should be one proud Gramma!!
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

I agree! One of the random images this morning was of Fe and Cliff, and such a change!

so_P_bubble

Lovely girl, almost a young lady!

Sandy, your  cropped one was just the right size. The first one should be like this - I clarified a little and sharpened.

89-211220151209.jpg

Shirley

Fe is a doll, Sandy. She is about the age of one of my great grands but I can't remember which & not sure of the birth dates of my 4 "about that age". Does she look as much like you as I imagine?

so_P_bubble

Reminding about Radioman...

Oh la la ...!!!
Oh la la.jpg