Random Image

Lily

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

It is me underneath Gloria...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

Back to school after Corona pause: Homework!

Aviv may2021.jpg

MaryPage

I am still doing something wrong.  I clicked on like and it turned to UNLIKE!!!!  Which was not my choice.  I assumed the word you meant was like, but it does not seem to be!  I am a very slow learner these days, which is hard to take.

patricia19

MaryPage, after you click on like, the next default setting changes to unlike so if you want to change your mind and not click like, you can.

patricia19

Okay, I'll do so.  From the top, on the S&F  ghost PSP graphic;

Patricia, JaneS, Larry, Don, Cotton Candy, Gloria. The second row is June, JeanneP. Jack, Don, unknown.

The third row is Chia, Sato, Callie, Phyllis, Shirley, and Joan.

S&F Ghosts 2017.jpg

patricia19

Aviv is such a nice-looking boy with that curly top!

Hows he doing with his written Hebrew?

FlaJean

Patricia, enjoyed those photos!

patricia19

Thanks Jean, they're a bit older and not so clear without zoom but there you go.

Vanilla-Jackie

Unknown is me...Jackie...

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Quote from: patricia19 on May 03, 2021, 11:58:31 AMAviv is such a nice-looking boy with that curly top!

Hows he doing with his written Hebrew?

Hebrew is easy for him. English is difficult for him!

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...thank you for acknowledging it is me, yes it is me, :) even if there are doubters classing my photo as " unknown " after i have posted it is me.....
I recognise all members and the face and name of Chia has just jolted my memory and come back to me of who she was...

patricia19

Thanks Bubble, that's better than my attempt, and thanks for filling in the unknown.

I had my memory mixed up as I thought he was having issues writing in Hebrew. Thanks for correcting me.

Amy

Bubble, what a great photo of Aviv...studious young man  he is!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Amy

Patricia, Gala  or Breaburn or Cameo? Left a site for you to check out in S & F
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Tomereader1

Looks like a Gala, to me.  Maybe a Braeburn.

patricia19

The apple has a bite-back sharp taste and a firm texture. I won't eat them plain. A Gala has a mild taste, so it isn't that. It doesn't look like a Braeburn but more like a Macintosh, yellow with red patches.

Sandy

So_P,
how many years of English is required in Aviv's
school?    How many other languages are required?
Beside Hebrew and English?     I understand
that English is not an easy language to learn. 
As rules change which is never fun!!   
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

so_P_bubble

Sandy, Aviv started with English in 3rd grade and will continue every grade after that. In another 2 or 3 year he'll have an additional language depending of schools and it will be French or Arabic. After that I know that my daughter  added Spanish. Curriculum gets changes with the reforms dictated by succeeding Ministry of education. So, we'll see!
Aviv has a good ear for languages, but is attention span is short - maybe because he is hyper-active.

so_P_bubble

There is a small river that runs through the town of Tel Aviv.
This week end Illy and Aviv went with another couple and their 3 children to visit the source of the river and have a day of fun in the water.
Here are some photos.
\\2e22829c-9938-4254-b74d-cb8ccc0426b7.jpg

5c490fe6-8af3-4911-9a3c-8c30dc8b75fb.jpg

41ba2c1b-7609-485d-aac4-d36302e7d24a.jpg

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

b4fb88d8-7e81-4c77-8025-6b68a0f5027c.jpg

As you can see it was a beautiful day.
These new friends are new immigrants from Holland.

Amy

What a fun day for all!! I see the children are enjoying the water.
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Bubble, what a nice family outing! I love how warm and sunny it looks there!

What type of fish, if any, is in the waters?

so_P_bubble

I have no idea... maybe none!

patricia19

There should be some type or else the water would become stagnant. My search engine says tilapia

so_P_bubble

How can the water be stagnant if the river flows to the sea?

Shirley

Love how Illy shares her activities with you & us. I remember those days when we'd get to play in a creek & listen to the frogs. My mother would take a couple rocks to click together to start the frogs "talking". My smiles are wasted on the computer screen, but your photos sure started my day off happy. Thank you!

MaryPage

Oh, I've never heard of that before, Shirley: the rocks to call the frogs to talk.  Amazing!  Thank you for sharing!

Patricia, that apple could also be a Honey Crisp.  Honey Crisps are my favorites now.