Random Image

National Peanut Butter Day

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:05:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Illy has beautiful curly hair. I know you didn't feel well that day, but I hope you and your caregiver had nice birthdays. Is he still taking photos when you go places, such as when Don was in Israel?

Recently, during afternoon thundershowers, I took several cloud photos, but the only birds out were mew gulls. You can watch the weather roll up and over the ridges before continuing over the valley floor.

One.jpg

patricia19

Shirley

Bubble, since my father was born in 1898 & Mother in 1903, and I was the LAST of 5 kids, I am 86 and feeling every day of it. Was talking to my sister last night, she is 4 years & 1 month older than I am NOW... when we were kids she was 5 years older because she was born Christmas Day 1930 and I was born Jan.16, 1935. She always "lorded over me!" No matter the aches & pains I whine about, she points out that SHE is 90+ now.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on July 02, 2021, 01:24:36 AMMichael...now you have finally been there, hope you find time to make other trips...was this a Birthday treat...

Yes. I try to do something fun and somewhat relaxing for my birthday every year. The small historic local amusement park I typically spent my birthday at the past several years (with the exception of last year because of COVID) decided to remove all the rides after the 2019 season claiming that most guests visited just for the giant pool (though many locals dispute that claim), so I decided to do something else this time around. What better way to spend a few hours on your birthday than relaxing at a local lake in the country (Brookville has about 2600 residents and the beach is 3 miles from the main road, so it's pretty quiet back there).

so_P_bubble

Shirley I started to feel the weight of years around 78/79.Now they feel like tons!

afcf518c-e474-490c-9947-ffa0688ea769.jpg

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes, me too...i will settle for just one of those three...
" There is no present like the time "

Shirley

Patricia, those cloud photos are gorgeous! You have a great view from where ever those were taken (and I need to go back to see if you told us & I skimmed over the text!) Is that from your apartment window?

Bubble, all those years we heard how our bodies "shrink up".... well, it didn't get the middle part of mine!  >:(  Or maybe everything just moved to the middle. What happened to those tiny waistlines of the '50s?  I found an old garter belt some years ago that I had worn AFTER having my 3rd baby.... it wouldn't go around my thigh. The body had re-arranged itself even then.

I have someone to come by this morning to give me an estimate how much it would cost to have him clean out the weeds & little trees in the berm. I just can't keep up & the jobs grow bigger the more I can't keep up! The mowers finished, yard looked pretty nice until the termite guys came & had to move everything (those big Rubbermaid storage containers & barrels) that are still full of stuff left behind by my husband... and stuck behind & under was piles of leaves that had grown since last time moved. Now that whole area needs to be raked & picked up again. Don't have ANY trees with those kind of leaves, but they blow in & stay until I pick up. It is time to give up on this house/maintenance, but not ready to have cats put to sleep as long as they are healthy. They can't be moved and I won't be cruel to let them starve if I just went off and left them. They love their freedom but can't take care of themselves. I will manage...

Love the graphic, Bubble, and I do have several of those 3 year olds (great grands) with unlimited energy!!! Wears me out to watch them in action!

Cats fed & I'd better feed me & dress before my handi-man shows up. Busy, busy couple days ahead.

Hey, Jackie, how's the weather in your part of the world?  I remember one of the summers we spent in England that we only had a hand full of days without a fire in the fireplace. It was a damp cold year and I couldn't get warmed up. Back then I was always anemic & cold, didn't know why I was so cold until a few years later when a doctor figured it out!

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...
...think we ( UK ) had our Summer a week ago...

patricia19

Shirley, I have a recessed balcony that faces Northwest altho it would be more accurate to say more north than west. We are surrounded by foothills and ridges of the Alaska Range, and the weather comes up via Canada and Anchorage over those ridges. Sometimes it boils up and over, and sometimes it slithers, but it is always moving, never static.

MaryPage

Beautiful pictures.  Where does all of that talent come from!

And if anyone is handing out bottles of the energy of three year-olds, I'd like to order a crate.

patricia19

Fresh today, brought to you from all the smoke and haze!

This is Farrah relaxing.

a.jpg

patricia19

January 2017, Farrah's vet said she was overweight and needed to go from her weight then at 15.5 pounds to a healthier 12 to 13 pounds. She is on a special weight reduction, indoor cat, senior, grain-free diet food suggested by her vet, who has six ex-feral cats of his own.

Evidently, the same as other abused animal species (including human children) abused/feral cats often eat everything they can when food is available because it might not be there tomorrow.

July 2021, she has lost a total of two pounds! Amazing how that works across species lines!

Notice what she thought of that last comment!

b.jpg

patricia19

Its smokey out there folks! You can't see the foothills and ridges!

c.jpg

patricia19

Amy

Patricia, that is one laid back cat!! That smoke is too close!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Laidback? That goes more than one way!

You should see it now, it's even closer and fuller. Everything smells like a cookout!

Shirley

Oh, Patricia, I still would love to drive to Alaska & "mosey" your world. No reservations or limits to time. But I'd rather have a dog to travel with, a medium size dog that looks big enough for protection & likes to travel. My Tom/cat used to lay on his back most of the time but have not seen him to it lately. These cats are still free to run up & down the hill & climb trees so don't need to worry about weight. Not ideal way to raise cats, but would never confine one again after watching old LaurenKat almost shrivel up begging to go out. At least she was free the last time I saw her at 18.

We've had lots of fires that layer over KS, but the wind does help blow the smoke away. They try to burn the Flint Hills when still, amazing sight, when driving thru at night. We visited Yellowstone after a major fire one year, how sad to know so many animals died. Not sure where wildlife hides when they do the burns in KS, guess best not to think about it since it's a good thing most people think. Thanks for the photos!

MaryPage

Oh, Beverly! I saw your photo of Katie Sturtz at the Williamsport Bash banquet pop up down below here, and remembered I have the same photo. I will always miss Katie. Do you remember when I wrote this for her?

God, I don't want to talk with You
about Kate's health failing,
but there's a whole bunch of us here
who need to know
how much snow
has piled up on the railing.

When we're all together up there
with You holding court
we hope You and Kate won't judge us
because it didn't please her
when we would all tease her
about being so short.

Amy

MaryPage your poem is perfect for my neighbour .
This is a photo of her...with her potatoes in the trug.Look for the flag!! The plants are taller than she is!

Neighbour.jpg
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MaryPage

Thank you, Amy.  According to my computer records, that was written in January 2009. I do remember it was one of those poems that just spilled itself out, as though someone else wrote it.

Katie was a very compassionate human being. I believe everyone loved her. I was only with her at that one SeniorNet Bash, and I envy you for knowing her so well.

It must tickle you still to know that is a photo of Katie.

so_P_bubble

I spent some time in Memory Lane today.  I'll share with you two photos of when I "caught a terrorist", LOL

Uzi and Ben.jpg

Uzi.jpg

Amy

Bubble, way to go..he sure knew what to do when you got the drop on him.. :knuppel2:
Jimmy Dean

patricia19

Bubble, was that your Ben?

Amy

My friend took this photo out his back door...so peaceful!
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

That cracks me up, Bubble.... no wonder you've never seem shocked that I have a "conceal carry permit".... That looks like a wicked weapon to me. Are you going to explain about this??? I am guessing that is Ben, did he have a good sense of humor? Handsome dude & you sure look cute!

Amy, I would be finding a way to talk to those deer, really, I would. We've seen one around here but was years ago. I watch for tracks down by the river, all kinds of tracks.  I guess we don't get to see your neighbor/friend, and you can tell her I am jealous at the gorgeous plants! I won't even take a photo of my pitiful tomato plants. For sure I did not inherit my parents green thumbs.

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble - Shirley...now why does the expression of " Annie ( Oakley ) get your gun " spring to mind... :)

...and don't ask me why but, at 6.30am i am now ear-worming "oh the deadwood stage, " ( whip crack away ) from Calamity Jane...picturing the pair of you with guns...

Amy

Shirley, I did take a photo of her on this side of the potatoes  but this photo I posted has her on the other side. I told her to hold up a flag so we would know where she is. You can see the flag half way by the planter.
This year has been a learning trial for you, next year you will do it differently.

Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

The story behind those two photos- from before I had the children.

We went for a few days tent camping near the Jordan border. It was almost deserted. Early morning we heard lots of voices and noise. There were dozens of soldiers splashing in the natural pool while others were "sentinels" around.

One of them came to us and said we had to pack up and go because terrorists from across had been seen. So Ben started to fill the car again, while I go dressed then asked one of the soldiers if I could borrow his UZI machine gun for a photo.  He said it was forbidden and he would get punished if he did. But when the officer went away he gave me the gun and quickly took these two photos on my camera.  A short while after, we left, but with a nice souvenir.

Yes Ben had a sense of humor. I never realized that gun would be so heavy and had to fight to keep my balance!

Sandy

What a story and picture,  So_p !!

You look very comfortable with that gun, 
Not so much BEN  !!   Ha ha!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

MaryPage

Well, Bubble, you had me going!  I thought it was a legitimate photograph and you were REALLY in training.  I wondered at Patricia being sassy enough to ask you if that was Ben, but figured she was being funny and knew you wouldn't mind!

Shirley, Amy's friend and neighbor, and my friend, was one of the originals in SeniorNet, where she was beloved by all.  Katie left us in, I think it was 2009 or thereabouts.  She posted, of course, in Norm's Michigan, and then in Bait & Tackle.  And, I suspect, in other places; I just don't rightly remember.

Now there's an old expression that fits my almost every waking moment these days:  "I don't rightly remember."  Well, I don't.  Would it be okay for me to say: "I wrongly remember almost every little thing?"  It fits, so I should wear it!  Right?