Random Image

Robby

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

There's a lot to be said for the environment along with heredity, Bubble.

I don't think my family in generations past got the solemnity memo as there's lots of laughter and hijinks in my Celtic clan. I have one late eighteen hundreds family photo where the entire clan is lined up on the porch, probably taken by one of those traveling photographers that were common back then. I'll have to find it because on the back left is a small boy about 8-10 years with rabbit ears over the older solemn woman in front.

You're thinking of daguerreotypes, MaryPage. That was an early type that the family photo on the porch was. I think the no smiles rule was more of older customs as in paintings. This  was  very important to the family as a record, and it was expensive.

so_P_bubble

For Shirley

The trees the beaver cut down are hidden under new growth from the worst kind of weeds to the sprouts from those stumps. The hill all the way to the river had dragonflies zooming around but never landing. Could count 6-10 at any second, but hard to capture with a camera.

P1070414.JPG

dragonfly1.JPG

The sunset last night was so pretty I stood on my front porch to take a few pics.  The silver lining was just gorgeous.

SilverLining1.JPG

so_P_bubble

I thought I sent you the photo of the hawk but went "back & back" and didn't see it so you can see there is only ONE yellow foot on that wood rail around the pool.

CooperHawk.JPG

Gloria

SHIRLEY  great pictures, you really caught the mean eyes if the hawk. Around here that cloud would look like a thunderstorm forming.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Shirley, interesting photos..hawk looks like he is looking for a meal! With all that is going on in this world ,we need clouds with silver linings.
Bubble, thank you for posting the photos..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

You are speedy, Bubble, and always so good with the photos! Thanks so much for posting for me. I did think I had sent & you posted the photo of the hawk, took it just a day or so before Callie turned up missing, but was NOT the 6 birds the neighbor & I watched the same few days. I am looking forward to winter when all those weeds will be gone. (Of course, it will be cooler than, too.)

Thanks for the comments, Amy & Gloria.... If I had not been so lazy I could have gotten better shots of the silver lining.  Out on the top of the hill going down to the river is wide open spaces to get sunsets or sun rises. 30 years ago I got up early & went out with the camera, a whole different world. Yep, it was!

JaneS

Love the pics, SHIRLEY!  It almost makes me feel like I'm there with you!  Now that would be nice!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

patricia19

I agree, clear sharp likeness!

Shirley

Thank you, Jane & Patricia. And for sure I'd love to have you sitting around the table with me.

My theory about that hawk & Callie, if it really does only have ONE leg (as showing in all 6 photos I got) it's possible to have picked Callie up but to eat would have probably gone across the river & dropped her when landing on one leg, right? Since she is so tough I'm betting she scared that hawk out of it's feathers, she made the pit bull next door back up until she went back to her house, and the German Shepherd down the street got a bloody nose trying to sniff that cat! It could have taken her a week to get back across the river because bridges are half a mile each direction. Whatever the reason, she still won't go into my back yard from the garage or inside my house. She wouldn't even go down to the river with me last night even tho I whistled & whistled. She always went with me even when Tom & Tiger wouldn't. We'll never know  where she has been, but she is ready to eat any time she sees me! Life is back to normal, servant/slave to cats!

so_P_bubble

For MaryPage

This picture of Mary Z and me, MaryPage, was taken when Mary and her daughter Margaret came to Annapolis to visit with her granddaughter who lives here.  This was taken at the marina in my community, back when we were young and gorgeous in 2016.

MARYZ & MARYPAGE 5-7-2016.JPG

Vanilla-Jackie

MaryPage...aren't we old and still gorgeous  ;D
" There is no present like the time "

MaryPage

Thank you, Bubble. If you email me the directions, I will learn to post photos myself.  Then I can be your helper.

Shirley

Great photo, MaryPage.... and since I really did meet MaryZ some years before that, I can honestly say that she doesn't look a day older than when we met on their trip thru Wichita! 

Thanks for posting, Bubble.

Vanilla-Jackie

I dont think i am familiar with the name Mary Z, but a photo of not only one but, two smiling Mary's is a blessing not to be missed.. ;)
" There is no present like the time "

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble Thanks for the posting. well the real beauty is in the heart. we all are getting the wrinkles and ageing spots. but we need to not let our self get crabby. Like they say smile and the whole world smiles with you. another thing the best part of a smile is you can keep it your self and give away at the same time.

Lloyd

MaryPage

Of course we are, Jackie. Of course we are.

Mary Z posts in Bosom Buddies, where we are all breast cancer survivors.  We have both been in there for years, and it is a great, albeit much reduced in numbers, bunch of gals.  I was so happy to have Mary and her family come to lunch at the one and only restaurant we have here in my bayside community: Sam's Waterfront Cafe.  I met Margaret, Mary's daughter, and Mary's granddaughter and her husband. All lovely people.  I can't remember which one, but I am fairly certain one of my daughters was with us, as well.

JaneS

WHO ARE THOSE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADIES!  One of them looks vaguely like the young lady I met at the Williamsport Bash!  And she doesn't look a day older!

MaryPage

Oh, Jane!  What a glib liar you are!  Great to see you.  Wouldn't you just love to be back there for just five minutes?  EVERYone was ready for a good time!  Western Joan was there, and so was Northern Joan.  Gladys and P.Roe and Rae and Boots and India and the DeBoers all the way from New Zealand and Anne & Gordon Graham and Jenny & Bob and the Howes and Eloise and Pat Scott and YOU!  Yes, You were there!  And remember Margaret & Paul from South Africa?  And Jaywalker!  And did I say Ginger?  Ginger never missed a Bash.  And Beverley was there.  And my Darling Katie Sturtz.  Oh, and remember those two fun, fun girls from Scotland?  I swear, we could have spent a month there!  Such a great bunch of people!

Marilyne

Two gorgeous ladies - Mary Page and MaryZ.  I'm so impressed with how youthful you looked, only five years ago . . . and such lovely complexions you both have!   

patricia19

MaryPage, you and MaryZ are lovely and evidently having a wonderful time! It's a great photo of both of you!

Tomereader1

Two Beautiful Ladies!  Bet you both still are!

JaneS

MARY PAGE, you forgot to mention ROBBIE and the English lady he danced with.  I forgot her name but they danced so well together.  I was so envious of them.  I was married to a "no-dancer" all of my grown up life and it's something I'd have loved to be able to do on the dance floor!

patricia19

Jane, the English lady was Gladys.

MaryPage

You are right, Jane!

But weren't Robbie and Gladys voted king and queen of the banquet?  And wasn't it they who danced together?  I don't recall him with anyone else, but perhaps that was later and I missed it.

Thank you for the compliments, Jackie, Jane, Marilyne, and Patricia. You know, I really do see myself in the mirror every day, though!

so_P_bubble

I think I mentioned 2/3 months ago that we were having major repairs done to our building.  Since then we must keep windows closed except at night. The noise, dust, debris hitting the shades and walls, all that is especially hard when on top of the heat wave.

Here is what I see from my front window

Repairs A 25.08.2021.jpg

Repairs B 25.08.2021.jpg

Repairs B 25.08.2021.jpg

Amy

Bubble, I do hope they send someone to clean out the tracks for you!! Soon it will all be done and they will be gone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Bubble, I know what you're going through as the latest move is to hang huge sheets of plastic over an ugly new high-rise balcony. The first photo is from my side, and the second is from the street.

Unfortunately, I cannot post them both because the program is not working properly again.

patricia19

patricia19

This is the "finished" front side, showing the left half of the building.

20210825_120850a.jpg

so_P_bubble

why did they not make it with glass or transparent Plexiglas?