Random Image

carshow5.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 12:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-05-06, 01:46:51
junee: Bubble

2024-05-06, 01:46:39
junee: b

2024-05-02, 00:44:41
Oldiesmann: Relevant links can be found in topics in the Homemaking, Food & Garden board. I'll see about moving them over to articles here when I get a chance.

2024-05-02, 00:07:54
Oldiesmann: Found them. They're on the CP site: https://www.christianphotographers.com/recipes/recipeindex.html

2024-05-01, 23:57:58
Oldiesmann: I'm not finding anything related to recipes on the site. I'll do some digging through the Internet Archive and see if I can dig them up. It's possible that got lost in the big server crash back in 2016

2024-05-01, 17:21:56
JeanneP: I am trying to get into the Archives of the Recipes that where moved over from Senior net few years ago, Can't find them

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

The black iris  is back flowering in the wild.

xxBlack Iris4.jpg

so_P_bubble

MarsGal

Beautiful, Bubble. The Iris is one of my two favorite flowers. The other is Narcissus. I have one black Iris clump that survived my last move. The whites I have have moved from PA to Colorado and back to PA. My girlfriend took some of my white Irises with her when she moved out thete, They are growing like crazy for her. She was kind enough to bring some tubers back when I moved to this house. They have been extremely prolific, but the lost their scent over the years and travels.

Joy

I, also, had an e-mail from Jack telling me that he will no longer be a member in the S & F group.   Still am having a difficult time letting that sink in.

And, yes, Jackie,  I would love to be able to go to Oglebay and I am going to try to make it happen.   Not sure if it will or not, but it would sure be nice.

I know we all are so disappointed at this news.

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

Marsgal,  last week I got a pot with 6 Narcissus bulbs with leaves and in the last four days, I find a new bloom opening every morning. They are on my desk, next to the computer, and it is as if they are smiling at me.

Narcissis.jpg

FlaJean

Amy

Bubble, beautiful irises!! I also think narcissus are a happy flower. My Mom had them growing in a long row beside the driveway. They would likely be all gone now.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MarsGal

Just in time for St. David's Day, March 1st. Also, in the USA we have The American Cancer Society Daffodil Day sometime the week of March 18. And then Easter is coming up in April. More daffodils among other potted blooms. It is truly the beginning of Daffodil season. Mine, despite the cold and snow are now up about six inches, but the buds are still tightly closed.

Shirley

Beautiful flowers, Bubble!  My mother had some black iris that she was SO proud of. Her Garden Club would have flower exchanges & everyone wanted a start of the black iris & when she finally got them she was thrilled. Sadly, after she died I don't think anyone got a start and Dad just mowed them all down. He mowed around all her flower beds for 65 years and figured that was enough.  I have some of her surprise lilies and couple different types of daffodils. Last year they bloomed but some years they don't. I do not have a green thumb!

I finally got to watch the bird bath & felt my face grinning from ear to ear. We've raised some wild birds and had our share of parakeets, bebe parrot & half moon parrot... and they all loved to play in water. I was feeling the splashing on the man's face & remember how each would hop on my shoulder to clean & primp those wet feathers. Thanks for that link, Amy... sure brought back some happy memories.

About all the changes, I doubt if anyone chose to make changes but when all these things get updates & need to keep up with the rest of the system, they don't operate right without the updates being installed. I hate changes, same living room furniture for more than 50 years & instead of buying new I paid more than double to have the old recovered the last move. I paid more to have my little 12" laptop added memory & something than I paid for a new one a couple months later. My mistake... live & learn.  Sometimes the old technology just doesn't mix with the new. Like the rest of you, Jack has been an inspiration in here, such a big help with the Windows 10 advantages. Actually, I hated Windows 10 until trying some of his suggestions. Gotta run...

angelface555

Bubble beautiful flowers, especially as I mentioned to Jean earlier; with all that snow out my window! We have Irises,(including black); among other flowers, growing wild here in empty fields, especially those along the rivers.

I've always enjoyed wildflowers and many times at one of the river parks here will be taking more photos of the flowerbeds and hanging baskets then the festivities.

SCFSue

I am so sad that Jack has left this forum.  I am also a West Virginia native (but haven't lived there since 1955).  I tried to visit my sister who no longer lives there (now in Florida) and often stopped on the way to Charleston/St. Albans (our hometown nearby) and had lunch with Jack and played with his dog(s) if he had more than one.  This is a huge loss to this forum!

Does anyone have his e-mail address?  If so, please contact me at SCFSue @ Hotmail.com.  Thanks a heap!

Sue

Mary Ann

Sue, I tried twice to send you an e-mail and got both messages back.  So I sent you a PM and I hope you get it.  If not, I don't know what to do.

Mary Ann

donklan

SCFSue @ Hotmail.com   doesn't work.... neither does removing the spaces before and after the @

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

Mary Ann

Don, I resent the e-mail to Sue via PM and I haven't gotten it back yet.  If she doesn't receive the PM, Sue will have to e-mail me directly - or maybe someone else was able to get through.

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Good morning, Mary Ann.

Thanks for the message.  I heard from Joy this morning and she sent me Jack's e-mail address so I am going to try to contact him there.  I hope he is OK.  I'm pretty sure he is a couple of years older than I am (will be 82 on March 15) and I'm concerned about his health.

If you hear from him, I'd like to know.  I will e-mail him this morning and if he replies, I'll let you know.

SCFSue (just plain Sue if you write back!)

so_P_bubble

Jack is OK and just taking life more leisurely. He said one can email him if wanting to keep in touch.

I would suggest putting a reference to S&F in the subject line, so as to make sure the mail will not end in the trash. :)

JeanneP

I think we could get Jack back if the forum would get back to the way it was without all the changing . Other wise will not last. Such a shame as we  all enjoyed it. Many came in from senior net. The other senior seems not to have any problems.

It takes time and talent to post photo etc like jack and others have kept this sit going for years. Can see them dropping out when very few of us coming in the site. Was very popular forum before the changes. Same with many of the others.  

Seems like technology no longer interested in keeping seniors entertained but catering to the young with things like Facebook and many others out like that. So sad with what keeps the young happy now. Even the music played. I didn't understand one song that they made famous at the awards last night.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Sue, I sent you another message.  I had a hard time picking up your PM message - not anything you did, I just did not try in the right place. 

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Mary Ann, I sent you another e-mail this morning.  I'm probably repeating that Joy gave me Jack's e-mail address, so I'm going to try reaching him at his e-mail address at Comcast.  We've been friends for many years, didn't e-mail much, but did try to meet whenever I was driving to Charleston to visit my sister.  She married again and she and new hubby moved to Jacksonville, Florida, so I haven't been to West Virginia more than twice since then.  I did have some cousins still living in the Charleston area, but haven't been up there since I had a bad fall and am restricted from driving now.

Thank you for your e-mail.  I'm going to try Jack's e-mail and will let you know if I get an answer.

Sue

Mary Ann

Sue, I had two messages from you this morning and read both.  I also sent you a message in reply.

I only knew you and Jack when I posted in the WVa folder one time.  I knew few others would post there and since I was born in Wellsburg and lived there only about a year and a half, I felt I qualified.  Jack helped me several times with posting pictures for me.

Mary Ann

Sato

Tiny pretty flower in the cold garden : 
Bergenia stracheyi - Himalayan creeping saxifrage

Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Mary Ann

Sato, what a pretty flower.  I've heard of saxifrage, but not that variety.  I wouldn't know any saxifrage if I saw it in a wooded area!

Thanks for posting it.

Mary Ann

Amy

SCFSue ,your birthday is the same as my son's!!

Sato, what a delicate flower..thank you for sharing.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Sato what a lovely flower photo! Your photos are always a delight!

so_P_bubble

A great Macro Sato.  Thanks for sharing.

FlaJean

Shirley

Beautiful little flower, Sato. I checked it out carefully to see if it grows in this area. I do not think so. We have tiny wild flowers of many shades of lavender, I always thought they were pretty buy my husband would say, "they are just a weed!"  If I can get any sharp photos this spring I will show you. Soon it will be the season for growing and fruit trees blooming.

I had someone today say that he had an e-mail from a friend saying, "I am ready to start griping about it being too hot!" Won't be long.......

Joy

Bubble,  that Black Iris is just beautiful !

Sue. were you able to get a message to Jack.  I hope so.  I feel the same as you .....worrying a little bit about his health.  

Sato, nice to see one of your flower photos. 

Nice to see some more activity here.  Hope there will be enough activity to keep it going.

Just will really miss Jack and his special photos.

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

If you are thirsty while shopping in town, you can stop here and get a glass of freshly squeezed juice. You can decide on orange, pomegranate, beet, carrot, celeri, pear, lemon, or any mixture of them.

Fresh juice.jpg