Random Image

Key Wind Watch

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
....now if we both put our heads together ( not literally of course )...maybe we can arrange that...
" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

Thank you, Bubble for posting.  When someone she doesn't know well talks to her, she gets this look on her face.  I think it says, "OK, I'll do that!  Not because you asked me to, but because, I want to see what happens when I do."  I think the look says she'll reserve opinion of that person until she sees what happens.  And I've decided that she looks like her daddy and that's OK because he's very handsome! 

Jackie, she's been telling us she's a "big girl now" ever since she could make herself known.  Thanks for noticing.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S...
... yes you are right...I can see it now...reserving judgement...eyeing up the situation...
" There is no present like the time "

Shirley

What a doll, Jane! She still has that "pixie" look. It doesn't seem possible she is that big already! My gr-gr-daughter is near that age & can hold her own with big sister & brother!

Thanks for posting, Bubble. I still don't have the photos off the camera, been cooking up a storm, got the freezer defrosted & waiting for more!

MarsGal

Very nice poses JaneS. I think Emma looks self-confident and forward-looking. And the wreath and mat are a very nice background.

Mary Ann

A little sweetheart, Jane, I didn't think she was old enough for school. 

I'm sure my mother walked me the block to school but I don't remember my first day of school.  I do know it was a brand new school and the kindergarten room had a big "bathtub" in it for fish.  I have no recollection of any parents, so I think my first day was lost in the hubbub.  That was 90 years ago in early September!

I hope Emma remembers her first day of school and she should with pictures.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Jane - Such an adorable picture of Emma!  I just love her color coordinated outfit, with the pink shoes matching her print blouse with the little bow!  What a cutie she is!

JaneS

Thanks for the nice comments!  I forget who asked but Asbury is a pre-school run by the church that they attend.  They encourage the mothers to attend a Bible study that's run at the same time.  I don't know Ali does that or not.  She said that she hoped to be able to but she hasn't mentioned it.  They live in Oklahoma so I don't see them.  Pictures are my saving grace.  I wonder how the pioneers did it.  They didn't even have pictures and sometimes they didn't even know where their kids ended up.  It must have been very frustrating!

so_P_bubble

Posting for Shirley

Pulled out some photos, not real good but shows the "inflatable" before ready to play on, when the group was listening to my gr-daughter (she's the big person in the group) giving them instructions about scavenger hunt. The yard was full of more kids & parents on the other side of the water fun, they were hanging around the food court. 

If you look close you can see the water shooting out of the "cannons" on either end of the inflatable, they are movable so kids can squirt the ones coming down the slide. The water is running all the time to keep the slide wet, they've had this for several years & only put it out for special occasions.

inflatable 1.jpg

inflatable 2.jpg

inflatable 3.jpg

so_P_bubble

from Shirley

Had the one photo of a double rainbow on the SC card so thought I'd send it along. The colors were so vivid, but not as good as when I have the "Extreme" SD cards in the camera.

Double rainbow.jpg

JaneS

Love them all!  Especially the rainbow!  We had one the other day but I didn't get a pic! 

Amy

What fun the kids must have had on the inflatable!!

Shirley,does that mean TWO pots of gold??
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Loving all the children and babies!

It isn't in the same spot but an anonymous person(s) put this plastic replica up in Demark while the actual statue had been taken in for vandalism repair.

Skelton.jpg

so_P_bubble

Shirley

Haha, Patricia, took a quick & sharp mind to think that up!

Thanks, Bubble.... for resizing & posting. Are your kids back yet?  I expect you will get ears full from both! 

The kids are not all my grands, only 2 of them. Friends of the birthday girl & long time friends of her parents that have kids the same ages. The cousins of Birthday Girl were out of town, but one little red head is her brother. Not sure who the other little red head is but Birthday Girl does have bright red, curly hair. The kids love to see how it blows up & water fills... & they go up & down that slide as fast as they can get around from one end to the other.

so_P_bubble

They are back but did not have yet the opportunity for hearing all about it. They were exhausted from the return trip: had to get up at 4.00AM for the first lap, then 3H waiting in Istanbul for the next flight. When they arrived, it was end of work hours, and incredible traffic jam on the road to get back here after dark.
Aviv fell asleep in the taxi on the way back.

so_P_bubble

Last memories from Copenhagen

The round Tower
The round tower-Copenhagen.jpg

Wonderland
Wonderland.jpg

Mermaid in the Hotel Lobby
Mermaid.jpg[color]

so_P_bubble

This is The Lovers Bridge.
Couples come here and put a lock on the bridge, throw the key in the water, to symbolize they will be together forever.

Lovers Bridge.jpg

SCFSue

Bubble, that's an interesting tradition with the locks at the bridge.  Thanks for sharing.

Sue

angelface555

Bubble lovely photos from a wonderful trip! I'm confused over the bridge? It must not be in Paris as I heard that the police cut off the locks as the combined weight at that time was causing great damage to the structure. "Too much of a good thing?"

so_P_bubble

Those locks are in Copenhagen. They did not go to France this time.

angelface555

Thanks for letting me know.

Amy

Bubble, beautiful photos..amazing stone work on the road!! Thank you for sharing.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Love the photos and am so impressed with your daughter, Bubble. She looks like a kid! My kids are all older, born in '56: '60 & '63. I was not familiar with the lock tradition but think it is neat that she showed us. The buildings are so different "from the norm" that we see in this flat land. Thank her for me, she does a better job of taking interesting photos than my grands do when they travel. Besides, since I don't do Facebook I have to wait until one of my kids "snags" some to send me. It is how they all share their photos but I don't want to spend any more time knowing every detail of their lives! I have really enjoyed this trip with Illy, a part of the world I have not visited.

So how is the season in Alaska, Patricia?  We are not  one of the states to get to see the northern lights tonight... I do remember seeing them in MO when I was a kid. After driving to MO last Wed & home on Thursday, only just over 500 miles round trip.... but I am still worn out. Think as much the loading & stress of cats not enjoying the ride as the drive. My hands are sore from hanging onto the steering wheel so tight, had a strong head wind that changed to cross wind on the way home.  The drive across the Flint Hills is beautiful (to me) any time of year, can picture the wagon trains working their way up & down the gullies.

I bought a new Garmin GPS that my daughter set up for me, all I had to do was put in my sister's address & this nice voice warned me of lane changes & turns. I just clicked on "take me home" when I left the lake & it took the same route I take myself, but was nice to not have to watch for changes in the roads. Can't believe how much road work is going on the entire way, not 10 miles without orange cones & "lane closed" ahead signs.

Would you believe I did not take a single photo even at my sister's house??? The Flint Hills are still green, had quite a bit of rain recently. At the cattle pens they were loading lots of cattle into monster trucks to send to market. One of the main processing plants in KS had a fire & they are having to find other places to deliver to. Cats had their supper & all out, now my turn.

You snuck in, Amy, and now I'll have to go look at the stone roads. Thanks for the tip!

JeanneP

Bubble
Sounds like they had a great trip.Eurpoe had some great weather this summer. That tower building really interesting. I had never heard of it before.
JeanneP

Joy

Hi !  thinking about Jean and Larry this morning, and hope that they won't be in the path of the hurricane.  It doesn't seem to know where to go. But, it does look like it won't get in as far as they are.  Although they might get some of the rain and wind.  They have lived in FLorida for a long time, so I am sure they know how to be prepared.

Stay safe, Jean and Larry.

Joy
BIG BOX

FlaJean

I hadn't check in for several days.  Our eyes have been on the news with this monstrous storm on its way.

Thanks Joy for thinking of us.  It looks like we will be way west of the storm according to the present track.  While you are dreading the coming of winter, we will be happy to see summer gone and winter approach.

so_P_bubble

For JaneS

This is who I spent Labor Day With,  The big one is my "granddog" and the
little one is my "great granddog".  Both their parents were there too.

JaneS.JPG

Shirley

Love the dogs, Jane, and think that is a great photo of you! Grinning at the little one, "Keep that monster away from me!"  Are the dogs really good friends? Yellow is a good color for you.  What amazes me is not a single thing out of place in your kitchen! :thumbup:   Thanks, Bubble, for posting & the link to ride over on.

JaneS

Sunday was their first meeting and they got along famously.  Cooper, the little one, is everyone's friend.  He's a rescue and he's loved live ever since we all adopted him.  Tripper is the lab mix and he's a rescue too.  They must have known they were both lucky but I think our family is lucky to have them. 

And it's not my kitchen.  It's my daughter, Cathy's kitchen.  She's a very good housekeeper without making anyone uncomfortable in her home.  Of course, it helps that she has a husband who was taught at a very early age, to clean up after himself.