October 21, 2019, 05:45:20 am

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Random Image

carshowtruck.jpg

Views: 631
By: Jeanne Lee

Shoutbox

• so_P_bubble: Good luck in your search, maybe you will be lucky and even get a better bargain than last!
    Today at 04:12:06 am
  • Amy: Oldiesman Hope you found a car today..
    October 19, 2019, 03:22:27 pm
  • Oldiesmann: I guess on Saturday I'll go out and get my stuff out of the car, but I'm now back to searching for a car
    October 16, 2019, 10:04:54 pm
  • Oldiesmann: Heard from them this afternoon. The cost of repairs ended up being far more than they originally estimated and about $1200 more than what they say the car is worth (which is a little more than what I paid for it), so they're going to total it.
    October 16, 2019, 10:04:30 pm
  • so_P_bubble: Fingers crossed! I hope the final cost for repair will be lower than previously estimated!
    October 16, 2019, 01:17:17 pm
  • Oldiesmann: It was towed to the local body shop on Friday so I should know more this week about whether they want to repair it
    October 14, 2019, 12:50:22 am
  • Oldiesmann: I believe he meant "borderline" in terms of cost of repairs vs how much they think the car is actually worth
    October 14, 2019, 12:50:00 am
  • so_P_bubble: the yearly licence. Big loss. and I cannot do without a car.
    October 12, 2019, 04:59:02 am
  • so_P_bubble: Michael, that does not sound good, especially for your own security. Maybe you could sell as spare parts and find another bargain? A few months ago mine was stolen during the night and the security cams showed it fleeing toward the Palestinian territories - gone forever. I had just paid the yearly l
    October 12, 2019, 04:57:34 am
  • Oldiesmann: Bubble, the insurance company is having it taken to a local body shop to further inspect it. The appraiser did say it was "borderline" repairable though, despite otherwise being in good condition and having low miles (less than 76,000)
    October 07, 2019, 09:28:19 pm
  • brian: when  I   klik   FORUM  I just  get   soapbox
    October 07, 2019, 02:36:34 pm
  • brian: nobody   said    a  long   while--------------    never   answered  my  question
    October 07, 2019, 02:35:14 pm
  • so_P_bubble: Michael, so sorry about your accident. That was really bad luck but we are all glad that you didn't suffer any personal injury.  I hope you found a good repairman/garage to make it safe for driving again.
    October 07, 2019, 12:18:46 pm
  • so_P_bubble: Brian, what is your problem with how long it has been? There won't be a chat here for a very long while.  If you want to chat, please find some other place more compatible to your needs.  Most of our members much prefer the forum discussions which are perfect for our different time zones.
    October 07, 2019, 12:14:43 pm
  • brian: pooch    mind  yer own  business 
    October 07, 2019, 11:06:57 am
  • Pooch1: Why anyone would want to chat with you, brian, is beyond me.  Put a sock in it.
    October 06, 2019, 05:38:49 pm
  • brian: there   was no answer to the  question " how  long  has it been"?
    October 02, 2019, 11:11:47 am
  • Oldiesmann: brian: The answer about the chat isn't going to change anytime soon.
    October 01, 2019, 08:56:06 pm
  • brian: predictably    no answer to MY post  LOL!!! Still    sorry  bout  accident
    October 01, 2019, 01:18:18 pm
  • Amy: Glad you are ok...this may be a pain to fix but at least you are ok.
    September 30, 2019, 02:44:05 pm

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Can you find it??? She is looking right at you! :)

Hope this works..

You cannot see attachments on this board.

I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails
to always reach my destination.

Jimmy Dean

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. -Desmond Tutu, clergyman (b. 7 Oct 1931)

Amy

Jimmy Dean

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

Amy

Bubble, thank you. She thought she was hidden . :)

Jimmy Dean

FlaJean

Larry took this photo of one of our Hummingbirds in the backyard.
Click for Niceville, Florida Forecast

FlaJean

I took this photo of the same Hummingbird.  This is his back.

Mary Ann

Jean, great pictures by both you and Larry.

Mary Ann

Amy

Jean, he is beautiful!!! You both did an awesome job!

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Neat shot of the deer, Amy... was that near your house?  I've only seen one since living here... running down along the houses across the street. Someone said it jumped a fence & wandered off. Have seen wild turkey a couple times & the beaver was at work down along the river today, fresh cuts of the willow that grows there.

Super photos of the hummer, Jean.... it doesn't look like the ones we see in Colorado. I think most of them have the ruby throat... but have that shimmery green back. They are amazing birds & love to watch them in CO. They do migrate through here but I never have the flowers to attract them.

Amy

Shirley, not far from here. We were on our way to work and the road we travelled is secluded and has all kinds of wild life about.

Jimmy Dean

SCFSue

I'm with Will Rogers.  When I die, I want to go to the same place my dog, Stubby, did!

Sue

JeanneP

Great shot Jean. Amazing that it would stay still for you. Must have a great camera and be quite a way from it. such colours. Looks pretty good size for a hummingbird. Don't seem them around here. Not may birds at all anymore. think just to much construction going one. Even rabbits and small things gone. Think did have a coon though the other night get in my garbage,
JeanneP

FlaJean

The hummingbirds are real tiny but the camera has a fairly good zoom.  Now they have left us and gone further south. We sure enjoyed them while they were here.

Amy

Shirley, one morning we came across twins, unfortunately I couldn't get a photo of them together but managed to get this one.

SCFSue, I agree.love my dogs..You cannot see attachments on this board.

Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Very lovely shot, Amy.

I got to see a mother and one of her fawns last week when I took Oscar for his annual physical and shots. They went by as I was taking Oscar into the Vet's. Although I was quick to turn the carrier around for Oscar to see, I am not sure he did. One of the gals at the desk says there are two fawns, but I only saw the one.

angelface555

Great photo of the fawn, Amy! The only deer we have other than moose is the Sitka black-tailed deer in the Southeast.
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. -Desmond Tutu, clergyman (b. 7 Oct 1931)

Amy

MarsGal, thank you. One doesn't always have a camera when we get to see the wild life. Maybe the other fawn was laying down?

Patricia, I looked the Sitka deer up and it looks to be a little smaller than the white tailed deer.  We have moose here along with Elk . The elk were brought in and the famers aren't too pleased about them.

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

What a great shot of the fawn, Amy! Such a baby, I thought they lost their spots before the first winter. I heard on the radio that another deer with that "wasting disease" was discovered in KS. I know it was around Yellowstone at one time but had not realized the disease had spread to KS. Seems not dangerous to humans or farm animals... I've never heard what causes it. I wonder if Jack ever peeks in to see what is going on.... I don't think visitors can view photos.

Vanilla-Jackie

( Fawn ) a stunning photo of one of God's beautiful creatures...
" bloom where you are planted "
~ Francis de Sales (1567-1622), the Bishop of Geneva

so_P_bubble

Amy, what a beauty! I envy you for that wild life. Here I only see street cats and pigeons. :)

so_P_bubble

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Shirley

I finally found 7...........but I ain't tellin'............... :2funny:

so_P_bubble

Great! I hope more will find it worth looking :)

Amy

Did it!! Mercy my eyes are on cheeks now...

Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes i did too but i am keeping schum..
" bloom where you are planted "
~ Francis de Sales (1567-1622), the Bishop of Geneva

JaneS

I tried but for some reason, I can't have both photos on screen at the same time so I gave up!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble

schum..???  Is that mum?
Great if you found them all :)

so_P_bubble

Jane, try copy and paste on word pad and then you will see it!