Random Image

Family

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:46:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Nice to see you Shirley! I read that red hair with blue eyes is more rare than red with brown eyes. I remember seeing a photo of your little great-granddaughter. How old is she now?

Beverly

Patricia - Very nice photos. In the meantime, inside is a good place to be!

Amy

Shirley, Callie is beautiful and one smart girl. A lady has to stand her grounds and she did!!  :thumbup:
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

Great photos, Angel.  What is that long wall on the 1st one? Copy of Berlin's wall? LOL

Good for Callie, she is your guardian against that dog!

JeanneP

Shots look nice Angel.If only trees would stay green all year.

We have having a snow fall now and already car covered. Bought a new big cover to go over it for the winter but never got it on.
will be down in 30s now for rest of week. We did have 50 for past 2 day and will say that last night had a fantastic Sun Set. Best seen in years. Just hope that we don't have a bad winter.I never use to let it bother me but older I get the more I hate it.

Shirley. Now do you think that driving that big motor home so many mile is having a effect on your legs. Do you use the Compression Hose when driving. I use them a lot now if walking all day or flying even though I don't have a leg problem. They do feel good.
JeanneP

angelface555

Thanks everyone, just thought I'd throw some earlier fall photos in. Bubble, I often take photos of clouds and in that one, I was standing in one store's parking lot. The clouds were over the Barnes and Noble bookstore across the street.

Beverly

This is for Mary Ann. I found this several years ago and posted it for Norm. There really was a Norm's Bait and Tackle!  ;)

angelface555

I remember that photo Bev! How great to see it again!  :)

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
...how lovely, keeping our Norms memory alive, he would be so proud and happy...
" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

Thanks, Beverly, I remember the photo and I saved it then.  Norm would have gotten a big kick out of seeing that.  In another week, Norm will have been gone four years.  Many things come up that I want to share with him - memories, sayings, etc.  Some of them I can share with Dot,  and I get together with Dot each week. 

Mary Ann

Denver

BEVERLY, how nice to see the picture of Norm's Bait and Tackle again!  I remember when you posted it before😘 YOUR Wesley is a cutie and I loved the front porch on your brother's home.

SHIRLEY, Callie Cat is such a pretty kitty.  She sure is showing that dog who is the boss! 

Love all the pictures that are shared in here...thank you ALL.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Beverly

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the picture of "Norm's Bait and Tackle". I was so surprised when I found it. I think it is in Crown Point, New York.

Shirley - Callie=Calico cat? Cats can be very brave. We had a cat that was our dachshund's protector.  She would jump on a dog's back/head and claw their face while running them ki-yi-ing out of our yard.

Jenny - The best part of my brother's porch is the view. I'm guessing the view today is white with bare trees.  :) He's probably packing for the trip south!

Shirley

I didn't see the photo before so thanks for posting it again, Beverly. I used to post in Photos a lot & in the Soda Shoppe, but rarely anywhere else. Cas' heart problems started about the time we got a computer & seemed to have less & less time to spend on the computer every year. When you stop to think about how many used to post from all over the world, so many gone but others just stopped posting. Jack Martin, was the only one that announced he was leaving...  he certainly is missed. It doesn't seem like 4 years since Norm has been gone, Mary Ann, I sure do miss him, too. Years ago when my nephew killed himself he sent such kind e-mails. We've shared a lot of living in here, so interesting to hear about everyone else's lives.

Thanks for the comments about Callie, she is quite a character. Never know what might move in next. Oops, washer & dryer both stopped so better get with it. 

JeanneP

Is anyone still in contact with Jack. I am surprised that he just stopped so sudden. He loved photography and not much going on now in the forum. Wonder if he found another one on Internet to join. He didn't seem to have health problems.
I think may email him with a HELLO soon. Unless someone has heard.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Jack and I are longtime West Virginia friends.  I've e-mailed with him a couple of times since he decided to leave the forums.  He is doing OK, but is not as active as he once was.  He and Mimi are walking every day as usual and he has a daughter and a son (I'm not sure about the son) who still live nearby.  We used to meet on the freeway when I was on my way to West Virginia to visit with my sister while she still lived in Charleston.  She lives in a Jacksonville suburb now.

Sue

Shirley

Thanks for the update about Jack, Sue.... several of us used to e-mail quite a bit about our Lumix cameras but once Jack figured how to "make whoopie" with his phone camera... he hated to take the lumix along. Glad to hear he & Mimi are still doing okay, I haven't heard from him for quite a while and guess I was afraid he wasn't doing well or Mimi wasn't and he didn't want to talk about it. I learned a lot from him about cameras... and the computer working with photos. Smart man.

I was wishing to ask him again (he tried explaining more than once) how to reduce the size of videos so they could send on e-mail. This Tom (cat) has me laughing about his pitiful limp when he knows I'm watching, but when he is outside he walks normal and climbs over the fence just fine. He also loves to be brushed & will turn his head to make sure I get both sides & would let me brush all day if I'd do it. When I put the brush down on the floor & hold the handle with my toes, he will lay down and brush under his chin over & over to show me what he likes. His sister doesn't like being brushed, will tolerate a few minutes & walk off. I've never managed to get a video small enough to e-mail even though Jack tried to explain...was way over my head. 

I was also wishing to show a video of the fish that come to the bank when I whistle... huge catfish & carp. The water churns when they hear the whistle & one day they were even jumping high out of the water. Only did that once. No way to count but at leas 10 or 12 or more as long as my arm. Most of the catfish have moved to deeper water since it turned cold, the water is shallow by my house & last few days I notice a sand bar building near the bank. The beaver have munched off a lot of the willow trees that grew up after the last change in the river so I have a nice beach, amazing since this Arkansas River runs right through the center of Wichita and they have dams all along to keep the water level downtown. If you ever look at Google maps, my house backs up to the river between the zoo and Botanica & Cowtown, which are slightly west of downtown Wichita. I have woods and river and still only a short distance to the store, love it, could do without the wind but can't have everything.

JeanneP

I use to E-M Jack once in awhile and will try sending one out again. I know his son lives quite close as they do go out to lunch and a beer once in awhile and he brings his dogs to jacks. Now his Daughter live quite far from him I believe. Maybe he found another Forum on line that are into Photography more. He loves using Camera and was really smart doing it. Maybe you Bubble here from him at times.
There are forums that are just into the thing that is your main interest and they are quite active. I have a friend who is on a one for her breed of dogs and some of the book clubs seem to keep active. I have only ever been onSeniornet and S and f. I don't care for Facebook and just do one that comes out of my home Area of England. it is active but not the same as forums. It keeps me up to what is happening and does show lots of area photos daily.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Posting for Amy

This is the quilt with many pieces..'bout 2000 of them. This is called a log cabin quilt in a barn raising design.

Finally finished!Cabin quilt.jpg

Vanilla-Jackie

That must have been so time consuming but such a lovely result...Yes hang it up for all the world to see, you must be very proud of what you have achieved, i know i would be if it was mine...
" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

I'm positively stunned!!!  It's gorgeous!  And I know how much work was involved because my grandmother and her friends used to do quilting.  You should be so proud of yourself.  I know how much effort and LOVE are in that quilt!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Amy. it is a lovely quilt and one of my favorite patterns.  I never quilted but my mother and grandmother did.  I love your quilt.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Lovely Amy! My first husband was from the hills in Kentucky, and when we visited, his mother had quilts everywhere that were very like yours. My mother also quilted and filled them with batting, but she used a large, almost, room-sized loom for much of it. Sadly none of my sisters or picked that particular gene.

JeanneP

Beautiful quilt. So much patience. Not many women do them any more. I live close to the Amish Townes so the do a lot.and put on shows. They still put on beds.

I did knitting and crochet. Not to fancy but enjoyed it. My mum did lace work and dressmaking , so beautiful.. I never learned. Not my thumbs get to hurting.
I went to find  warm wool hat the other day. I need to get my pattern out and make one.only takes a couple hours and I never found on I liked. under price of 19.95. Maybe some craft shows opening soon for holidays.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

While I did not quilt, I did knit, crochet and tat.  My mother tatted a lot, could carry on a conversation, look at a person and tat away.  I have her tatting shuttles, one with her initial M on it.  What I learned did not take, but years later, Dad, Grandma and I sat around the living room and I learned how to tat.  I could do it until arthritis set in on my hands and I could not hold the thread around my fingers.  But I knit many a sweater (remember the kits?) and crocheted doilies.  Then came counted cross stitch and I did a lot of samplers, mostly genealogy samplers - one for each ancestor family.  Now I don't do anything!  But it was fun while it lasted. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

I never quilted or tatted but I did knit, crochet, cross stitch and do those rug kits that were so popular. Then came computers, and everything else faded away.

Amy

Thank you everyone.. I really enjoy quilting . To me it is relaxation,,,well until I have a date with Jack the (seam) ripper. Next one is a cancer quilt for kids at camp, the group I am makes a lot of quilts to give to those with cancer. 
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

I decided to show my cobbled-together office for someone who asked.  Everything was originally piled around a table by my couch that's been retired. I had to move Farrah's shelf away from the balcony door because of access codes, and my two folded tables and chair are inexpensive and easy to rearrange. I left the pillow and robe because that's how it normally is. Truth in advertising?

20191121_095653.jpg

angelface555

angelface555

Amy

Patricia, looks comfy, practical and oooooh sooo neat!! Love Farrah's  "space" and she  is posing for you!!
Jimmy Dean