Random Image

Unexpected Storm Clouds

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:52:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Sunny is a very cute pup but I have to say that Aviv stole the show! He's a very "cool dude" as the kids say here. His mother has hair just like my one sister and wears it the same.

Amy

That pup is so sweet!! Loved both the photos.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MarsGal

Great pix, Bubble. Welcome to the newest member of your family.

JeanneP

Cute puppy. Looks like GSon. Not to happy.today.mum looks happy with it.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Posting for Shirley

The photo is of me & son (he is behind the throw) holding all my great grands. All but the 2 in upper right corner live in Wichita.

grgrandsblankie1.jpg

Amy

What a beautiful gift Shirley. Now that is a keepsake. Sweet great grands!  I must admit I am intrigued with your ceiling.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Oh My!!  What a special gift!  They and the quilt are beautiful.  I think I'd look for a wall big enough to hold that and close enough to look at every day, several times a day!  What a thoughtful gift!

And I'm also intrigued by the ceiling!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

What a great gift, Shirley.  I'd look for a wall to hold it, too.  I like your ceiling, also.

One year I received a sweatshirt with pictures of my great nieces and great nephews and that generation are the parents of my great-greats today.  I'll have to search for the shirt because I would not throw it away but I also cannot wear it now!

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

And no picture of you wearing this shirt?  We'd love to see it.

FlaJean

Shirley, what a wonderful gift (and a thoughtful giver).  You're lucky to have most of them close by.

Shirley

First of all, thank you so much for resizing & posting for me, Bubble..... you do a great job!  Love the photos of your "kids" and the new pup, but makes me feel really OLD to think your gr-son is same age as my GREAT gr-son! How can that be???  :-\ 

Thank you all for the comments about the "throw", I am searching the house for the best place to display & know it can't be just spread out over the couch in the family room... that belongs to the cats. Fun to watch the family genes show up with each generation (of course, the best came from MY side  ;)  )....

Now about that ceiling, this is my gr-daughter & husband's NEW house, not "new-new" but new to them. The wall behind is full window that looks out over a huge back yard. Table & chairs & most furniture from the other house fit in like made for the new one. Interesting design, walk out basement with 2 bedrooms, work out room, office & 2 bathrooms and monster play room for the kids down there. Play room has look out windows & door that opens under the deck above so perfect patio for grilling out in the winter.

They moved in about Thanksgiving, she was working in South America at the time, weeks there & weeks back home. She is an industrial engineer. All of my grands are used to traveling the world & the spouse handles whatever is going on at home. Let me tell you, the husbands are as good at taking care of kids & house as the wives are & since both earn basically same paycheck, it works for all of them.

I had not taken a good look at that ceiling, the house is amazing & just around the corner from the oldest gr-son's house, same floor plan but different features. The cousins can walk to the other's house and that is a big deal since both sets of gr-parents are equally loved & enjoyed by all. Such a different world than when we raised kids, but busy-busy! Sure have a lot of family since we only had 3 kids! Lucky they all enjoy each other and getting together. lucky for me I'm included. No group photo this year, the Seattle kids were missing and one gr-son was on a solo trip to FL.

Thanks to each for the comments, this post has gotten so long I don't dare mention each. I am lucky so many live here & the others can run back & forth as often as they do.

Thanks again, Bubble..... this is MY life at the start of 2020!

Mary Ann

Bubble, that sweatshirt was given to me about 25 years ago.  I am sure I have it but I don't know where.  As to a picture, I'm not sure.  If I come across one, I'll forward it to you.  The kids on the shirt are in their 30s now. 

Go to the link at the bottom of my post and see the waves on Lake Michigan at Grand Haven.  Yesterday it was reported there were 11-ft waves there.  You can see waves bounce against the red lighthouse.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Mary Ann, lots of whitecaps on Lake Michigan.  The water covers most of that walk over the water.

Bubble, was the cute puppy a gift to your grandson?

so_P_bubble

Yes, puppy Sunny was given to Aviv as a Hanuka present, to help get over his dad death last month.  It is succeeding.

Mary Ann

Bubble, I don't recall reading about Aviv's father's death.  Aviv is so young to have to experience that.  I was 17 and Norm was 12 when our mother died.  I send my sympathy to the family. 

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Jean, I don't know, but I think the pier would be closed to walkers in weather like today and certainly no walkers on the catwalk.  I'm not even sure the catwalk if open to walkers yet.  It is fairly calm 35 miles away from the lake, but I see flurries every so often.  Winter is here!

Nap time.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

Bubble.
I hadn't read where your SIL passed away. now I realize his sad look. Dog will help. I was 17 when my father passed. Its hard.
JeanneP

Joy

Shirley, what a wonderful, thoughtful gift.   Yes, it would look nice hanging on a wall, but I think it would give you a nice warm feeling to wrap yourself in it and then you would feel all the love of those sweet little one all around you. 

And, yes, the ceiling is certainly interesting !!

Bubble, how sad to read about Avi's dad!   So young to lose a parent.  I am sure the little dog will give him a lot of pleasure.  My sympathy to you and the family.

Joy

Happy New Year to all !!!
BIG BOX

donklan

NEW YEARS DAY...Sunrise Neenah WI...Sunset Maricopa AZ.
sunrise.jpgsunset.jpg

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

Amy

donklan, both are breathtaking and worthy of framing! Thank you for sharing.
Jimmy Dean

angelface555

Mary Ann

Don, both pictures are spectacular.

Without getting out a map, is Neenah on Lake Winnebago?

Mary Ann

Marilyne

WOW!  Spectacular photos . . . gorgeous colors!  :thumbup: 

donklan

Yes MaryAnn
On the Northwest corner.  That is it in the foreground.

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

Mary Ann

Thanks, Don, I kind of thought so.  I have relatives in and around Appleton.

Mary Ann

Beverly

My granddaughters Brynn and Shea.......Big Disney fans! Posting this as I mentioned them in Bait and Tackle

Beverly

Loved seeing Santa here again! You're looking great, Don.

Bubble - Sunny looks right at home. How old is Aviv now?

Beverly

Shirley - What a wonderful gift! You are looking good!

Joy

Beverly,  thanks for sharing your beautiful grand daughters with us. I know how happy you were to see them. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Glad I looked in today!!! Don, it always amazes me that so often the colors of sunrise or sunset can be seen the same across the country.... like, "we had that this morning!" Great shots & were you in both places?  ;)  Sounds good to me, getting cabin fever already this winter. Have reservations for campground in CO in June but not sure that is soon enough.... Congratulations and thank you for posting the first two photos of 2020!  Gotta go back for another look at the lake people drive over in winter. I am terrified of water/drowning so never catch me on ice. Shivers me to think about it & I'm fearless!

Beverly, beautiful gr-daughters! Are they sisters or cousins?  Eyes look to be same color... Thank them for the chance to meet them, please?  Happy to see you still "bopping around".... doing okay?

Happy New Year to all!