Random Image

Family 2018

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

SCFSue

Beautiful pictures, Bubble.  Thanks!

Sue

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...photo number three..so spiritual, i would love to be there now...
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

Bubble, wonderful photos! I was particularly struck by the one with people sitting among the trees!

FlaJean

Lovely photos, Bubble.  Looks so peaceful.

so_P_bubble

Here are a few more. I wish I could visit Thailand, but my son took his tablet with him and walked around, showing me the special places and all those sculptures.

Image1.jpg

20200210_141838.jpg

so_P_bubble

angelface555

Those are some quirky statues!   :thumbup:   

Shirley

Fantastic photos, Bubble! Please thank your son, he did a super job. My pick of the litter would be the skateboarder.... kind of what I would look like, I think. :2funny:  I have never thought of wanting to visit Thailand, but he shows an entirely different world than what I pictured. He inherited your sense of what would be outstanding or memorable. Thanks for sharing his talent.

RAMMEL

Shirley, ----- we all know you have five toes on each foot. That couldn't be you.    :2funny:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Okay, Rick, no flack from you! I didn't count the toes but thought the shape looked familiar!   >:(  ;)

Vanilla-Jackie

I see our Rick has an eye for detail...four toes or five toes...our Shirley also has one tooth missing...

Shirley

Jackie, that "hour glass figure" back in the '50s got stuck & all the sand stayed in the middle.  :2funny: Guess Rick is old enough to remember those days!

Bubble, I stop to mull over how neat it is to have so many different cultures close enough to visit. We don't think much of driving 500-700 miles one way, and it was over 1200 miles to visit Cas' mother & we seldom stopped along the way because the kids slept better in the cars. It is different on all the coasts compared with where I live in Kansas, and that is why we love going to the mountains. I do thank you for posting the photos. Shirley

JeanneP

My Wish was always that Iwould be able to travel to Asia. China specially. I had chances years ago as I had family living there and friends who went to work in Hong Kong. Kept putting it off. I don't think that I would accept a invite to any of the area right now. Glad that all have returned and retired  back in UK now.
Things sound to be getting much worse. So many more sick on the liners. Will be hard to disinfect those ships with so many aboard. Sounds like most the crew have caught it and they are having to be close to the passengers rooms and delivering food. Wonder if laundry getting done like sheets and towels. Awful.

JeanneP

Oldiesmann

Here's one I took tonight of the Cincinnati skyline as seen from Newport, Kentucky. This was taken with a Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone (click image for full size)

so_P_bubble

That is a stunning picture. The sharp detail  on the very enlarge one is incredible. Are those benches along the shore edge? I would love to sit there and watch all the reflections on the water.
Thanks for sharing this grand view.
For me that is something quite different!

Amy

Amazing detail! Did you see Hershey park too Bubble?
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

Amy, I have no idea what or where that is!

Shirley

Gorgeous view and amazing photo! Never thought a phone cam would take such detail. Can count the windows in the buildings!  Thanks, Michael, a view I have never seen.[/color][/size][/font]

angelface555

Nice photo! I have been to Newport and Cincinnati several times. I also have, somewhere, slides of that same view from the late sixties. Of course, mine was from an old box camera And in those days, the view was shall we say, a lot more littered...

JaneS

AMY, the town of Hershey is in Pennsylvania and, yes, it is where they make the candy.  And I've toured it many times both before and after the changes for sanitary conditions.  The first time I ever went there, we walked through the factory with a guide who pointed out things of interest and we all got a Hershey bar at the end of the trip.  The last time I went through, there was a series of carts on rails and you had to stay in the cart the whole trip.  But at the end we all got a little bag of Hershey kisses.

The town of Hershey is less than 15 miles from where my sister lives and even closer to where my niece lives.  When I go down there we sometimes go to church in Hershey and have breakfast there. 

It's a very nice little town and I actually know some people who live there. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble

This time I'll show you some of thew food offerings from Thailand.

Here is a first course soup
First course soup.jpg

Fish and sushi
Fish and sushi.jpg

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Mango and Ice cream
Mango and ice cream.jpg

and if you still want more... some goodies
Goodies.jpg

so_P_bubble

After that you can go and relax at the swimming pool of the hotel, on the 30th floor

Swimming pool.jpg

Vanilla-Jackie

They sure know how to eat in Thailand...

Shirley

Wow, the photos of food reminds me of when our friend from Japan went to all those luncheons. I'm trying to remember the spelling of her name, will come to me when I quit thinking so hard. I am not a very adventuresome eater but the presentation is beautiful. The view from the swimming pool is awesome, somehow I had the old image of the land and didn't think about it being so modern. Thanks for the education & more to think about.

so_P_bubble

from Amy about her dogdog.jpg

He loves to bring in the wood,even snow covered ...bless him. Look how angry the sky looks...

Mary Ann

Shirley, were you thinking of Sachiko?  She went to many luncheons, then showed us the fabulous food they had.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Yes, Mary Ann, that was the name I could not come up with. I always enjoyed her travels and sorry when health caused her to slow down. Hope she is doing well. I was pleased to see a post from Sato this past week, think it was in Norm's fishing hole, right? Thanks for the memory bump!

Amy, I would love to trade you 3 cats for that pup.  :smitten:  Can't you picture what goes through his mind as he proudly struts to the house with his "load".  Where we used to live west of town, all houses on acres so spread apart, one neighbor had an Irish Setter that brought their paper in.... only for quite some time the dog was going to all the houses in range and taking those papers to it's home. The owner was mortified, left the papers on the porch in case anyone was looking for theirs, had no idea where the dog got them. Finally had to keep the dog in during paper delivery time.  ::)