Random Image

shelter.jpg

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Answers for CAN riddle
CANdle
CANdy
CANdid
CANmibal
CANada
CANcel
CANter
CANoe
CANcer
CANteen
CANtaloupe
CANtilever
CANtonese
CANvas
CANyon
CANal
CANary
CANasta

so_P_bubble

Some more from Thailand

Thailand 3.jpg

Thailand 11.jpg

Thailand 14.jpg

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Amy

Bubble ,the photos are lovely! Makes one wish they were there enjoying the beauty about. I believe that temp is a tad hot for me if it is in Celsius, which I think it is. Food looks intriguing..
Thank your son for sharing this trip with us and thank you for posting the photos.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

yes it is Celsius.  No need for sweaters there.

angelface555

Bubble, enjoyable, intriguing photos from you and your son again! I especially noted Thailand3 for its harbor view and shadowed greenery. Thank your son and you for taking the time to share with us!

One other note, for such a seemingly thin population, they put so much food on the plates and table! Or is it just me? It all looks both prettily arranged and delicious!

Shirley

Interesting photos, Bubble! I Googled history of the country, especially the rubber plantations. Long ago we had a neighbor that owned rubber plantations with her husband when Japanese took them over. To see the modern pictures from what my brain imagined from that long ago era, kind of boggles my mind. A reporter told me that "her photos were used to pinpoint Nagasaki bombing".... I have thoroughly enjoyed your son's trip and hope you thank him for me & us, for sharing. A big thank you for posting. He is a wonderful photographer (as is his mother).

JeanneP

Such great pictures although a few of those meal. Food looks raw.
Now will you son be leaving early. I thought that some Americans had been told to come home from Thailand.    A friend whose son and family live there . He is a minister of a church. They left to go back just 2 weeks ago. I am wondering if they will come back as they have 4 school age children there. Sure wish things would calm down. Biggest Museum in the world. The Louve in Paris was closed down today. Thousands standing in line in the Pouring Rain go a little angry. What is being said in Israel?
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Serving attractive platters of food seems to have developed into an art in Thailand.
Apparently the virus does not create worry or panic and  I haven't seen many with a mask. Life continues.
We are more aware of it in Israel with 10 cases and about 600 in observation at home.

so_P_bubble

from Shirley

7 Gr-Grands

7 gr grands2.jpg

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble... and I will explain the giggles. My oldes gr-son (father of 3 & host) was standing on the fireplace behind his sister, who was taking the pictures (mother of 2, living in Seattle) and she didn't know he was making silly faces, waving his arms to get the kids to laugh. I was wishing for a camera to capture what I was seeing. We do get together a lot, but quite a chore to get the Seattle kids back often enough.

Thank you, Bubble for resizing & posting for me. You are so generous with your time & so good at what you do.

JeanneP

Bubble
The Screen shot on my Desktop today is so beautiful. it shows
Ko Phayanisland in Laem San National Park Thailand . See if you can bring it up. It won't let me copy the site.

JeanneP

angelface555

Shirley, this is a photo you're sure to cherish and I hope they made copies for the families!

so_P_bubble

I posted many Thailand photos of food so this time I will show clothes in many of the shops, the whole length of streets in the market.

1583158917548.jpg

1583158918023.jpg

1583159262776.jpg[color]

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

1583158914922.jpg

1583158915230.jpg

1583158915968.jpg

and the price? each one just for $5.30.

so_P_bubble

I bought the one on the left with the elephants - shorter since I am not tall  [ ;) MaryAnn ]1583158917036.jpg

angelface555

Thank you Bubble for giving us a glympse of your son's trip!

Sandy

I love those skirts/pants...
Just my style.   Very attractive and they look very
comfortable!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

That is an interesting assortment of clothes and I think the styles would benefit everyone - especially me!  At $5.30 we would all be able to have a terrific wardrobe

Mary Ann

Shirley

Me, too, like the styles & would LOVE that tiny waist. They do look cool and comfy. Could we order the real thing? I'm wondering how the ones without drawstrings hold up, buttons or zipper in back?

Mary Ann, one time I found a pair of jeans that fit the body but were actually too short. Bought them anyway since I always had to cut slacks off. One washing & they were MUCH too short so cut them off for knee length.  :-\ 

Thanks for the fashion show, Bubble!

JeanneP

I love to wear skirts in the summer and also those loose pants. Hard to find here now for the last few years. I don't see much of anything coming in from There. My daughter in Texas does send a few long dresses that they sell in Texas from Mexico. Only thing with them is that the colour seems to run when washing. Can't put in wash machine so do by hand. One dark blue I love and washed 7 times but still water dark.
JeanneP

Sato

so_P_bubble, woderfull design, color, shape. We can enjoy them all. Thank you!!
Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

so_P_bubble

Thank you all  for the comments.

Shirley, many have also elastic at the waist. Mine does apparently.

JeanneP, to "fix" the color, you can dip them in very hot vinegar for 1/2H and then rinse. It worked for my local Arab tie-dye pants.

FlaJean

Bubble, like hose fashion shots.  Especially like some of those comfy looking pants.  Enjoyed all the photos.

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley...
...love the photo of you surrounded by your large clan of great-grands...who is the tired little boy at the far back...
" There is no present like the time "

Beverly

Bubble - Oh, my! Thank you for the pictures of Thailand. It's not the best time to go but my daughter, Lauri, and her two daughters will be on their way to Thailand tonight. They made these plans weeks ago. Lauri spent a couple of weeks in Thailand a year ago last Christmas. They will fly into Bangkok and then on to another city north of there. She loved it. Do you know which city your son visited?

Beverly

Shirley - That's a wonderful picture of you with the great-grandkids. The little girl next to you looks like you! Same smile and hair you have in your profile picture.  :)