Random Image

Feeding Fish

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Jean - I enjoyed your videos. I have vincas in pots and the seeds sprinkle themselves around and come up wherever the wind takes them, sometimes in the oddest places. The plants in the pots had died down and I was going to replace them, but they filled in on their own. I love to watch swans.

Jeanne P - What year was that photo of your mother taken? She has an exotic look. Is that a fur stole she's wearing?

Jackie - What a beautiful place. I don't know a lot about England and was surprised to see such a lovely lake area.

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
... and who would believe it was just a short car drive ( 4 miles ) away from the built up place i was living 20 - 30 years ago, a short distance from our local football ground and local hospital, like two different worlds..
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

It's a holiday here "Shavuot", the first celebration since lifting some of the Corona restrictions.
It is customary to have a festive dairy meal, with many variety  of cheese and of course a big cheese cake. Mine this year turned quite good as you can see.
I'd be more than willing to have you all share a slice with me :)

DSCF0533.JPG

DSCF0532.JPG

Beverly

Cheesecake is my favorite! I especially like the kind you made. Up north we called it New York style cheesecake. Much better than the smooth creamy kind. Add some strawberries or cherries and a cup of coffee. "To die for!" :smiley6600:

Shirley

:eat: Yum, Bubble, that looks delicious!  Have fork, will travel. What are the ingredients? I have never made a cheese cake but do enjoy eating 'em!

Vanilla-Jackie

Same here, " cheesecake is my favourite, " Bubble you can come to my home any time...and bake one of yours...

so_P_bubble

Ingredients?
5 eggs, 3/4C sugar, 1 instant pudding, 750gr soft white cheese, 1c  sour cream 3 tbsp cornflour and grated lemon peel.

Yes it is yummy. And will be my supper for the next few days :) with slices of juicy watermelon.

angelface555

Bubble, can you list the recipe in the "What's for Dinner," recipe folder?

so_P_bubble

JeanneP

That cheese cake looks so good. Now are the family able to come and join you.? 
BEV.  Now my mum was born in 1907 and that photo she was 21. Her looks were a little diff. Than most I think. But mine were the same. Not usuel blond hair .blue eyed Nordic like British.both of us seem to change when older.
Jackie. Sounds like UK getting nice weather. Bet it is lovely around you. I spent lots of time in Kent when coming over as my mother lived ther for 8 months in year. I came back many times with my girls  for the summers .spent lot time Bournmouth. I doubt I get to make my Sept trip this year.
JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P..
.. have to admit it is stunningly picture perfect where i am living " in the Summer " but.... otherwise so out of the way, and winter one can get trapped inside this down in the valleys location if we get cut off by snow..Our UK weather has been dry, pleasantly warm-hot and sunny for the past few weeks now, with no wet stuff, not that i have been anywhere away from this site for several weeks..just sitting out in the garden for a few minutes taking in the sounds of the birds from all around and the peace and quietness...

Beverly

Vanilla-Jackie

Toasting the Happy Couple, Beverly and Chape.. :bubbly:

Bubble...
...any of your Cheesecake left...

Beverly

FlaJean

Beverly, what a nice photo!  Happy Anniversary!  It will be 64 years for Larry and I in August.   The years have gone by so quickly!

Shirley

Happy Anniversary, Beverly. Still think Karen Carpenter looks like you except you are prettier. If my math is correct, I married 2 years before y'all (Sept.23,1954). I was a baby, 19...... So, did you give each other presents this day? We gave up long ago, we each got what we wanted when we wanted it.  ;)  We actually did. But I remember our first (in England) had limited amount of money to spend so haunted the jewelry store to find the right gift. In England no tax on antique jewelry (used) so drooled over a gorgeous emerald ring that was same price as a gold signet ring for him. Got HIM the ring and he never wore it. I never got over my stupidity... I would have had that ring yet (maybe), his signet ring was taken when this house was robbed 30 years ago. Had his initials on it, 18 k gold, but didn't compare with that emerald one. :tissue:  :bonk:  :excited:  Don't you love memories, to laugh at or cry about? Hope this year has been a good one!

Beverly

Jean - Thank you. It seems like a lifetime ago. Actually, it WAS a lifetime ago!  :)

Shirley - Never knew I was a Karen Carpenter look-a-like!  :)  I was very young, too. We got married 6 days before my 19th birthday. No gifts exchanged! You could say we "got married on a shoestring". He was my gift and still is.  :smitten:  Lots of ups and downs over the years but  closer than ever.

Sad that you didn't get that ring and then his was stolen, but your heart was in the right place.  I lost Chape's class ring before we got married and then a few years later I lost mine. Somehow I've managed to keep my wedding and engagement rings.  :)  He, on the other hand, lost his wedding ring on the golf course. I bought him a new one for his birthday that year.

Vanilla-Jackie

My Richard lost his engagement ring in the Councils allotments ( our previous home address, ) then paid out and bought an identical replacement ring, a signet ring of which i still have, and i am keeping it ( treasuring it ) in the jewellery box he bought me on the Christmas before he died...
I still wear the gorgeous engagement ring i chose, that he bought me 18 - 19 years ago..

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on June 02, 2020, 03:26:46 PMBubble...
...any of your Cheesecake left...

Not even one crumb left!

so_P_bubble

Corona's restrictions are being eased and this week-end Aviv enjoyed a popular outing at the Kangaroo Reserve.

gan guru 01.jpg

gan guru 02.jpg

gan guru 03.jpg

SCFSue

Bubble, Aviv is quite a handsome young man!  I'll bet all the little girls in his classes are very interested in him. 

Sue

Beverly

Love the pictures of Aviv. What kind of bird is he feeding? None like that around here....

FlaJean

Caught this photo today.  A cardinal in the process of molting?

We now have a bluebird building a nest in one of our birdhouses.  We've seen Mrs. Bluebird going in and out with building material and Mr. Bluebird on the fence above watching out for her.  :)

JeanneP

Oh! just look at that waist line on Bev. What a beautiful photo. Now I think you still look the same. Did your baby photo come in here. will compare.
Bubble. He looks like he is having such fun at the jungle place. I know I would love to be there.  Place not crowded either.  Now I Hope that Junee sees this posting of him because she had 2 parrots that she fed daily at her last home. looked just like those in the photo. I know she misses them.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

I have no idea what's that bird being fed by Aviv. It must be Australian because the whole place is dedicated to Australia.

There were not many people because, with Corona restrictions, One must book  visits on line with a specific arrival hour and an allocated time to remain there. There is a specific number of visitors allowed during a certain time.

What a beautiful bird Flajean! I never saw a real cardinal :(

MarsGal

Could be a Rainbow Lorikeet, Bubble. Their color markings seem to vary a bit from bird to bird.

Jean, I never saw a cardinal in the process of molting. Very interesting.

FlaJean

That face cover is a really good idea—-so much better than a mask.  Aviv looks like he is enjoying his visit to the Australian park.

That is the first cardinal I have seen molting.  We have a regular cardinal pair that visit our bird feeder.

JeanneP

Cardinals are our state but I have never seen one like that.  We don't see many any more I think they headed south.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

I also use  that kind of face mask when going out.
 It is more comfy and does not impede breathing. It is sold everywhere alongside the normal masks. They are also easier to clean/ sanitize.

FlaJean

Looking through my bird books, I believe this to be a brown crested flycatcher.  There are so many different types of flycatchers but the others don't have the brown crest.  I took this yesterday when he briefly visited our bird feeder.  Was lucky to get him before he flew off.