Random Image

smaller pic of Maeve

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Roadrunner in Oklahoma

These were fun to watch. It was in the shade so not the greatest photo.

Shirley

Well, you know how I love the birds so you've made my day. Daughter left for her home this morning, been in town nearly 10 days helping with her grands so their parents could have more time to do work from home. Both have very high power jobs with lots of "virtual meetings", hard to do with 3 kids in the house. Anyway, I haven't had much computer time because she was welcome to visit any time she had spare minutes.

I never knew birds molted as much as they do until we raised the bluejay. Poor bird, it was so embarrassed when it lost the topnot feathers, used to raise them when it "talked". Somewhere I have a photo of Pooh (bird) face to face with my teenage son, both looked so scruffy. Andy needed a shave & Pooh had the pinfeathers growing in & could raise them (pinfeathers are not pretty) but it's neck was nearly bare.

Your cardinal is a female & they do have to be extra careful when molting, they struggle to fly as good as normal.

Only time I've seen a roadrunner was a trip thru AZ. We stopped at a state park south of Sedona, only a few campers when we pulled in and roadrunners everywhere. First & only time we'd ever taken a bike along so more than usual getting everything set up and I figured I could hop on the bike & take photos early in the morning. WRONG! The campground was totally full by morning and the birds had gone into hiding. My husband was never a happy camper so we packed up & left shortly after I fixed breakfast, had a quick ride around the campground on the bike. I was so disappointed to not get any good photos and since it was going to be packed all week end, no hope of the birds showing themselves until everyone left. 

Bubble, that looks like a great place for kids (and adults) to visit. Aviv is such a good looking kid. Jace (my gr-grand about his age) had baseball practice this week. Not sure how it went but his parents have been so careful with them during this whole virus crisis. With the heat now, I doubt if they will be practicing again until it cools.

Better shut up & walk the cats down to the river & feed the fish, going to be dark soon & not cooling off at all.
Thanks to all that posted photos!

FlaJean

Except in the cartoons I've never seen a road runner.  Bet they were fun to watch.

so_P_bubble

That flycatcher looks very inquisitive. It must be hard to catch flies!

Vanilla-Jackie

FlaJean...
...same here, only seen the " Roadrunner " cartoons " never knew there was a bird breed that was actually called " the Roadrunner " we sure live and learn, no matter what age we are...
" There is no present like the time "

Beverly

If you could see them scurrying across the yard you'd see why they're called roadrunners!  :)

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
...reminds me of the 1960's song by The Dave Clark Five.." Catch us if you can.."

Beverly

A little sunshine for today!

Our great-grand-neices from Vermont will soon be 6 months old.

Shirley

They could not be more adorable!  :smitten: And even holding hands! My twin aunts died a week apart, one from cancer and the other from "heart failure". They were only in their 70s. Wishing these babies a long life and the same twin love my aunts had. My mother was their older sister so you know each of them came to her with tales of what the other one had done wrong to her.  ;)  Do hope you will keep us updated with photos as they grow.

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
... life is like a book from cover to end, and these pair of twins, your ( great-grand-nieces ) are just starting their first chapter of their story..their first word, their first day at school, their first date, their hubbies and their own children...what a story they have to look forwards to...but take your time, no need to hurry...just stay as sweet as you are...

Denver

WOW, what a treat I found today in this folder. 

BUBBLE, your cheese cake is the most beautiful I do believe I have ever seen.  It looks delicious❣️ I liked your bed doll.  I had one for many years, but sadly I no longer have her and yet I can see her in my mind VERY clearly😘

JACKIE, I really enjoyed the video you shared of the Rickmansworth Auadome.  What a beautiful lake.

I did see a few Roadrunner while living in Arizona.....the6 are quite something and boy do the run FAST🤪

JEAN,  Your two videos Were delightful.  I like vinca and your Larry did a great job of spreading the seeds.  Your little garden area looks very pretty with all the different flowers.  I like the swans...very nice video of them.  We had a pair of swans on the lake in a cemetery In Sun City Arizona.  They were George and Gracie.  They had a few babies over the years and they always made the nicest nest for Gracie.  One day we were visiting there with my Dad when George came out of nowhere and attack my Dad.  He made some very nasty bruises on my Dad leg!  Sadly, he continued to do this to several people that had stepped outside the funeral chapel so George and Gracie were moved😢

It seems EVERYONE had the knitted dolls to cover the TP, back in the day. 

Thank you all for the fun pictures and subjects.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

FlaJean

Beverly, What adorable twins!

Jennie, glad you found us.  You have an adorable little grandson in your avatar.

Beverly

I've been told the twins are not identical but they sure look alike to me!  :)  One is Everleigh and the other Ellie. One of Mary Ann's was also named Ellie. Chape's sister here in Florida hasn't had a chance to see them yet. Fortunately they send her lots of pictures and videos. She's waiting till Vermont drops the 14 day quarantine for people coming from out-of-state.

Shirley - Twins have such a strong bond. Your aunt may have died of heart-break rather than heart-failure. Were they identical?

Jackie - Lovely thoughts. Their lives are just beginning.

JeanneP

Our twins are getting big so fast. Will be nine now. They look a lot alike but being a boy and a girl just not Identical. Fact I can see that Olivia is already taller than Scotty. More outgoing also. She bosses both he and her elder brother around a lot. He is 6 years older. All are very into sport. Boys great in Ice hockey and all three good golfers. Finding it hard having to stay home as usually have things going every night. Get to swim still. No camp for the eldest this year. He loved going for 2 weeks.
JeanneP

Shirley

My twin aunts were "mirror" twins, one right handed & other left. Reason at any table they sat so not to "bump elbows". Beverly, we all thought that as well. I'm not sure they got to see each other that last year, lived about 150 miles apart. Strangely, their husbands died a week apart a few years earlier, one from massive heart attack and while that twin was helping her sister through the heartbreak, her husband was being looked after by friends. The guys had picked up hamburgers & were in the car going to some event when the twin's hunband started waving his hand, etc... so they thought HE was having a heart attack and headed straight to the ER (big city of St.Louis) he choked to death before they could get him there. Neither twin wanted to give up their homes at the time, one had a son but other remarried a year or so later. Anyway, I always thought being a twin was special. One of my nephews had twin boys & they were identical. They could change clothes and nobody could tell who they were.

so_P_bubble

for Amy

This is what I am talking about when I say piling wood. This is our 3 rd load, came this afternoon and we did pile some but another day will put a big dent in it.

Keeps us outta mischief...maybe :))

Pile of wood.jpg

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. I have ben reading and seeing you all bragging, you have nothing on us either we have identical twin g grand girls in our family also.is something to brag about  ant it. when in the service and stationed at white sands missel range seen lost of road runners they are very fast runners. it is 72º and  bright sun here today going for the high eighty's or low nineties today. have a great day.

Lloyd.

Denver

That is some mighty fine looking wood in that pile, AMY!  Best thoughts to you and Kyle as you get 'er stacked WITHOUT flies and skeeters😘

BEVERLY, I neglected to comment on the twin girls picture.....they are precious and certainly look identical to me😘   So cute!
🦋 Jenny

FlaJean

Amy, that is one big pile of wood.  You'll be ready for winter.
I took this photo of Daddy Bluebird feeding one of the fledglings.  They put on quite a show for us this morning.  :)

Vanilla-Jackie

FlaJean...
... that young-un is expecting a large amount of food by the looks of it, I can imagine it saying " ok, so where is it.."

JeanneP

What a great shot. I often wonder just what they are thinking when they pose like that. Still no birds around my place. Was and still is a big bird nest in the corner of my porch gutter. Backing up rain awful giving a leak in front bathroom. Just can't get anyone to take care of the roof yet. Maybe the are millions out of work but i cant find a replacement for my handyman of 30 or my yard man same time. He passed away Thursday at 88. Kept cutting yard up to 3 months back. Said he would  die on his mower and he almost did. No people like then anymore...
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

splendid photo! So expressive! What do they eat? Worms? It must be so interesting to watch them develop and then learn to fly.

Amy

Jean, that is our 3rd load and we will get one more and that is it!
Love the photo of the feeding...talk about great timing!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

FlaJean

Bluebirds like mealworms so my husband keeps them supplied with dried mealworms.  Last year year I bought a bluebird cage bird feeder so the larger birds didn't eat all their food.  Bluebirds are small and birds like cardinals and larger can't get into the cage.  The Carolina Wren is a frequent visitor to the birdcage feeder.  We always keep plenty of bird seed for all the birds and it isn't cheap, but we enjoy watching them.

Denver

JEAN, that is a very cute picture of the Bluebirds😘. Thank you for sharing.  We have a lot of Bluebirds here this year for the first time ever. 
🦋 Jenny

Vanilla-Jackie

Vera Lynn once sang There'll be Bluebirds Over the White Cliffs of Dover..yet sadly they are not native to us here in UK...so this shall never happen, nor shall i ever get to see one...
...My favourite bird is the Blackbird with its very unique sound, no two Blackbirds ever sound alike...

so_P_bubble

FlaJean

What a neat photo of daughter and grandson, Bubble.  Is that someone waving from the balcony window? 😊

Sandy

That balancing act is hard to do   !
Thanks for the pictures, So P !
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

FlaJean

I took this picture of a grackle or crow (?) yesterday.  He looks so mean that it reminded me of the crows in the Hitchcock movie "The Birds"