November 26, 2020, 10:21:43 AM

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Random Image

Buddy

Owner: Amy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

November 26, 2020, 10:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Nov 14 2020 2:45pm
Denver: , ,

Nov 12 2020 9:57am
mycheal: Great job, thanks and to OUR veterans a day late Veterans Day (November 11 in the United States) honors and celebrates the service of all military veterans. With respect, honor, and gratitude: thank you for your patriotism, love of country, and willingness

Oct 05 2020 3:45am
lurk: @Oldiesmann  Ok I can see it was logged, thanks.  ;)

Oct 05 2020 3:04am
lurk: @Oldiesmann  Was this issue logged on GitHub?

Sep 23 2020 11:36pm
Oldiesmann: and things won't show up properly with it enabled

Sep 23 2020 11:36pm
Oldiesmann: FYI, if anyone is having trouble seeing the latest posts, go to the Look and Layout section of your profile and make sure the "Show most recent posts at the top in topic view" box isn't checked. There's a bug with that setting

Sep 08 2020 1:22pm
lurk: Thanks @Astro   ;)

Sep 08 2020 7:14am
Astro: Welcome, lurk !

Sep 07 2020 1:51pm
lurk: @Oldiesmann Thanks,..  ;) Nice to see the mentions working. :)

Sep 07 2020 9:53am
Oldiesmann: Good to see you @lurk

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patricia19

Just before the snow, they cut down all the trees in the back so there's no cover and fewer birds next summer for us to watch. The fence below shows unplowed snow where people would park if they were visiting and delineates part of the L shaped dog park from the street.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

patricia19

The city council is reminding everyone to clear their roofs.

patricia19

Marilyne

November 22, 2020, 04:32:34 PM #8733 Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:34:10 PM by Marilyne
Patricia - I'm completely mixed up?  I see the arrow pointing to the blue bus, but can't figure out where the Fairbanks Native Assn. is, in relation?  The snowy roof to the far right maybe?

patricia19

Yes, the roof to the right. A better photo is the one showing it across from the dog park.

Amy

Patrica ,that area is now bare?? Why did they do this, were the trees dying?
I can't change the direction of the wind,
but I can adjust my sails
to always reach my destination.

Jimmy Dean

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

PATRICIA  from the looks of the buildings there is still a lot of snow on the roofs. We had som beautiful huge piiones in the back yard here and 2 years ago they cut them all down. Had a lot of birds and even deer going through. No birds or wild life anymore. Just a big lawn now.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

patricia19

November 23, 2020, 11:41:16 AM #8737 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:44:09 AM by patricia19
Management sent notices out just before our first snow that the trees were infected and needed to be removed but not the ones on the building sides or front. Many tenants had been tossing out seeds or bread, and there were several notices unheeded about not feeding the birds as they left guano on the building or pieces of rotten bread on the grounds.

There are rumors that this is why the birch and two pines were removed. I really enjoyed the trees; they were right off my balcony; Farrah had her window on the world and I observed nest building, squirrels, and seasonal changes, as well as a screen from surrounding areas. Next summer will not have the leafing and watching new life as we did before and less to engage and photograph.

Denver

PATRICIA, How sad to read about the trees being taken out by your building.  I know you and Farrah will really miss them come spring.  I bet it really looks strange now?  😢

patricia19

November 24, 2020, 01:38:34 PM #8739 Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:40:08 PM by patricia19
It does, Jenny, and you feel more exposed even at four floors up. The trees were so nice before. This building occupies an entire block, and the trees softened this back building side.

so_P_bubble

15 errors results

Bravo Rammel and Angelface for finding them all. You are real pro!

so_P_bubble

patricia19