April 10, 2021, 07:47:29 AM

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Random Image

Wjoan

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 10, 2021, 07:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Feb 24 2021 8:23pm
mycheal: Spring  thaw has arrived here :)

Feb 21 2021 3:49pm
Oldiesmann: Ours is finally melting.

Feb 20 2021 8:05am
so_P_bubble: 4 inches in Jerusalem!

Feb 13 2021 11:01am
Oldiesmann: Anyone else buried in snow? We got 8 inches here Monday into Tuesday, another half inch or so Wednesday and more is coming next week

Jan 22 2021 12:28pm
Pooch1: One of these days AARP will begin flooding your mailbox, too! (IMHO it's in the business of selling things.)

Jan 21 2021 11:26pm
Oldiesmann: Reader's Digest thinks I'm a senior citizen now apparently. I got a subscription offer in the mail saying they'd approved a "special seniors discount" for me

Jan 01 2021 8:00am
Amy: Happy New Year to you also !

Dec 31 2020 11:16pm
Oldiesmann: Happy new year everyone!

Dec 18 2020 8:22am
mycheal: Ya all stay safe now  >:(

Nov 29 2020 1:51pm
Oldiesmann: You're welcome. Glad you like it :)

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Bubble, delicious feast by all!! Yes, it made me hungry!!Thank you for sharing your photos.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Tomereader1

Bubble, So caring of you to use your Mom's pewter plate for the Seder plate. 

Yessss! All those photos of food make me hungry!  But then, I love food and cooking, but don't have the necessity of cooking a lot of the time.  I do peruse recipes and every now and then will get the urge to try something new, or just make something differently than I usually make it.  I think I have only cooked lamb once, and I loved it. I should say here that my father was a chef, but he didn't ever cook at home. He cooked in the Army, the Navy, at a CountryClub then in his later years, at local restaurants.  He sometimes did make a critical remark about something my mother had cooked! He was particularly finnicky about his green beans: ("these are overdone").  I'm surprised she never whacked him over the head with a skillet or rolling pin!

patricia19

Bubble, more delicious looking photos and yes add me to the hungry list!

so_P_bubble

You cannot see attachments on this board.

A stroll in one of London's parks

so_P_bubble

Beautiful inhabitants of the park: Mandarin ducks.

patricia19

Bubble, beautiful photos from, I'm assuming, your son? You can feel the serenity in that park, lovely and calming to be able to visit. We have the same ducks but won't see them for another couple of months.

so_P_bubble

you guessed right, Angel. He knows I enjoy photos (I use them in PSP!) so that I am able to participate to many of his outings.

patricia19

I'm sure he has a very appreciative audience here as well. I love the trees and the spacious greenery, and would spend so much time there if I could!

FlaJean

Love the photos. what beautiful ducks.

Sandy

Wonderful Photos, Bubble!
Thank you!

Sing like no one's listening.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like nobody's watching, and
Live like it's heaven on earth.

so_P_bubble

The park is called Richmond Park - in London UK.

Shirley

Oh, so nice to wake up to! Thank him for me, please, Bubble. I will get a new photo of the Mandarin ducks at the park near me, to show the difference in colors. I think mainly the neck, I don't remember the ones here having the "wavy" looking feathers on the neck. I'll probably be shocked to see they are the same, but will show, anyway. One summer we had some visit behind our house & I was so thrilled to see them up close. Your son is a master photographer (my oldest brother spent his life as a professional photographer, even for the military at one time). Gorgeous tree and love the ripples in the water. Your son knows how to find special places, who would have thought such a serene spot in busy London?!

JeanneP

Bubble. Glad you could get with part of family. .not seen any of mine in 14 months.

How I miss eatin lamb. Only do when in UK. Main meat in family . Always Sunday. 

Thanks for postin new photo ..think will wait now until back to normal times. Beginning to age faster it seems. Need to get out side more for Vit.E
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

For Shirley

Cat fish and Carp

Hungry cat fish

Carp and Cat fish

Amy

Shirley, what awesome photos!! They really churn the water coming for their treats!!! Thank you for taking the photos and thank you Bubble for posting them!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Great pictures!  Now we know where you are, SHIRLEY!  And we've always known what you can do, BUBBLE!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JeanneP

I love to fish but have alway hated when catching both those fish. Toss them back in although there are always people around you fishing that ask for them.  Lots of people do cook them i guess. Crawdads are another thing my family down south eat. Such ugly things.
JeanneP

Tomereader1

Carp are edible, pretty good fish, but awful to clean and thousands of bones, which is why most folk don't like them.

Catfish are great eating!  Perfect for your fish-fry!