Random Image

adirondacks13.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:46:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryPage

Thank you.  No, I still have over a thousand unread books.  You see, the problem is I keep buying more that I feel I simply must read.  Obsessed is what I am.

Sandy Dapph & I have kept in touch.  We each have a great granddaughter (she has the one greatgrandchild; I have 27 with the 28th due around Halloween) of the same age: Fe and Ava.  We exchange pictures and news.

Will be 92 next month.  Do not attribute that to anything other than genetics.  Never cared for exercise or proper eating. 

so_P_bubble

For Mary Page

This is my family, minus just 3 great grandchildren, at my 90th celebration in 2019. 
I am the white head with blue shirt and white slacks holding on to great grandson Mateo, who lives in St. Louis, Missouri. 
These are the people I love, and they came from all over to show their love for me! 
These are only my descendants and their spouses;  we did not have room for my other relatives such as brothers, nieces, nephews, cousins, etc.

The Entire Clan [resized].jpg

scroll to see it all!

patricia19

Wondeful MaryPage, you are so blessed! 

so_P_bubble

Welcome back, MaryPage! That's a lovely surprise today :) I am glad to see you and I hope we will soon read vivid descriptions of your location, of the grands' adventures in life. Bella's writing are still very present in my mind and how I enjoyed it.

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Page...
... i have to say i am speechless, seeing the large family you have that surrounds you, you are truly blessed...Such a lovely photo...Oh and the taller lady standing next to you in the blue cardi has to be your daughter, i can so see the resemblance's...
" There is no present like the time "

patricia19

Bella, her brother, the bay, red flowers in blue pots, family...

It's so good to see you back onsite!

MaryPage

Thank you for the compliments.  The taller lady next to me is not my daughter, she is my GRANDdaughter.  One of 13 granddaughters. Her name is Jenny and she announces on weekends and when desperately needed as a substitute at KCUR in Kansas City, Missouri.  Otherwise, she raises children.  Emily, 27 now, has left home for her own place.  She is an architect.  Sam, just turned 20, is a cellist and composer.  He attends the University of Missouri.  Simon and Max are in High School.  They are all in this photo.  Everyone came.  I was speechless all day.  It was held at my daughter Debi's place.  She lives on the water nearby.

phyllis

MaryPage, I can't believe it's really you!  Not so very long ago I was thinking of you and your stories of your young life in the western mountains of Virginia and your life on the Chesapeake.  I always enjoyed your writing so much.  And, my goodness, what a family!  Surely you take the grand prize.

It was wonderful to see them and you.  It would be so nice if you could find time to come back and visit with us.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Page...
... thank you for putting me right, re, not your daughter but your grand-daughter..Your Jenny has inherited your looks...

Sending Birthday Wishes to you....
" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

MARY PAGE, I too, love the picture of your family.  What a wonderful thing to do for your birthday!  But the best part is knowing that you still think of us.  I remember meeting you at one of the Bashes (I think in Williamsport, PA) and I always wonder about the people who impressed me at the bashes.  What a special family yu have!  Happy Birthday to you!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Marilyne

Mary Page - What a beautiful family you have!   I so enjoyed seeing the photo, and knowing that all is well with you.  If you decide to return to S&F, be sure to check back into the Library~Bookself, and give us names of novels or non-fiction, that you recommend, and have enjoyed in recent years.  I followed your lead many times in the past,  and was never disappointed.

MaryPage

Thankyou for your kind words, Marilyne. 

I find I do not remember much about posting;  my brain is like Swiss cheese these days: full of holes.  How do you make the letters larger?  I cannot read my own posts!

patricia19

MaryPage, here below, is what I use, the spaces of the items in the base above. Bold, Font, Size. . Just type your post in the space between coding.  I sent you an email.

so_P_bubble

MaryPage: on your post/reply, first click on bold, then on the size of font [we usually use the 4] and then write your text where the cursor is waiting, that is between the brackets. After you finish, just hit 'post' and that's it.

MaryPage

I got the B and the I.  They are precisely the same in email and WORD.  It was the font size I could not find.  That is entirely different.  So I thank Patricia & Bubble for their input.

FlaJean

What a wonderful family picture.

MaryPage

Well, yeah, but think about this:  I am the OLDEST in that bunch.  Yes, that makes me the boss, and I use that perk without mercy.  But I am still the oldest.  Did anyone NOT find me in the picture?

And thank you, Jean.

patricia19

MaryPage, your family took seriously the command to go forth and multiply!  :smitten:

MaryPage

Yes Ma'am, they did. I think I ought to own up and remind those who do not remember, and goodness knows I find no reason why anyone Should!, that I am birthmother to only 4, and MaryMom to the other 4.  That gives me 6 granddaughters and 7 stepgranddaughters.  12 great grandchildren and 15 step great grands.  My 8 children have known one another all of their lives; they used to play together as next door neighbors.  So they really do feel like one big family, and I am the only one left of my generation;  the only one to BE the Mom.

MaryPage

To all 13 granddaughters I am just "Gran."  Same for the great grands.

so_P_bubble

Curtsy to the matriarch of this loving and lovely clan!

so_P_bubble

Here are some photos of yesterday's birthday: Aviv is now 9 years old.
Rule from the school: not allowed to invite only 2 or 3 kids from the class. It is only boys (or girls) or the whole class. So the whole class was invited and except for 2 all came!

2021-04-16 Aviv.jpg

2021-04-16Birthday trampoline.jpg
On the trampoline - the present I shared with his mom

so_P_bubble

There was a craft teacher who occupied the kids for one hour with pre-cut shapes to paint and put together.

Crafts.jpg

Crafts 2.jpg

so_P_bubble

Later we had our small family party in my place
1st opening his wishes, then with the cake -Yummy!

Aviv opening wishes.jpg

Birthday cake 2021.jpg

Candles on cake 2021.jpg

Amy

Bubble, great photos of a special day! I really liked the idea of having crafts for the kids to do. Cake looks delicious! Thank you for sharing..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

patricia19

Bubble, what a special day for Aviv. I agree crafts were a great idea! Illy looks great, and I envy both their curls! And the beautiful sunny day for a birthday!

FlaJean

Bubble, what lovely pictures of Avis's birthday.

MaryPage

Good looking boy!  Great party!

so_P_bubble

For Shirley

I love feeding the fish & every day seems to be more big catfish. Not sure if you can tell how long the one is where you can see it's back to tail. They are right at my feet so hard to focus the camera.

CatWhiskers.jpg

And here's the trug with winter coat. Have a heavy plastic shower curtain covering the box with brick on top, like Amy suggested, and a long ago table cloth I made out of knit that didn't need to be ironed when kids were little.

TrugCoat.jpg

The wild flowers & wild violets cover the hill down to the river & have invaded the grass in my yard.

WildViolets.jpg

Wildflower1.jpg

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble well If I were you I would get Me a dip net and try to catch some of them. they look Like a good size to , flay and no bones to worries about' I am going to build me a fish trap and try to catch some big ones. Our grand son and son in Law go down to the Lake of oar arks and set trotlines. they also go down behind the dam at lake of Ozarks and go snagging in season. catch some 60 - 70 pounds, spoon bill catfish.

Lloyd