Random Image

fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:00:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sato

I happened to find beautiful blossoms of Rhododendron at the garden in our hospital while walking for rehabilitation training.  Took a shot with my iPad mini camera as follows.

Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Vanilla-Jackie

Sato, that is real beautiful....strange as I had just posted that I had bought a table lamp and the one I had chosen was the pink Rhododendron lamp....

How lovely, don't think any of our hospitals would think of planting flowers around to cheer patients up....our NHS hospitals all look so drab....nor have I ever found one that has a garden attached to it....
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

So delicate flower, how lovely.  I am glad to see your appreciative eye caught that bloom and you could share it here.  Thank you Sato. Keep on improving your health!

jackwv

Sato I hope the rehabilitation is coming along for you, and pleased you took the time to send that beautiful photo. 

angelface555

That is a very beautiful flower and the greens, pinks and whites are so crisp! Thank you, Sato for taking the time to take the photo and share with us! I hope you are feeling and becoming better!

Vanilla-Jackie

Sato, a little late but I wish you well in your hospital recuperating period, I can see that this flower, the lovely floral garden of your hospital, has already started your recovery process......

angelface555

I enjoyed it so much thatI put it on my desktop, Sato.

JeanneP

Angel. I bet that does look nice on your Desktop.  I keep a photo of this beautiful City park in my Home town in UK.  They keep it beautiful. There is a Memorial in it showing on this photo with all the names of the Men killed in the 1st and 2nd wars. Lots of my family names on it.
There is a statue laying of a soldier and I was told when young that it was my uncle in the coffin there. Believed it for years. It was a unknown person
JeanneP

gingerw

Ginger W

FlaJean

Nice photo, Sato.  You haven't lost your touch with your flower photography.

RAMMEL

None of the pictures involved here are of my doing but might make some interesting viewing - especially the Photos/Videos "tab".

Below is a link to a local "park".  It was the Estate of Samuel Untermeyer. Many beautiful gardens. In it's day it must have been a very beautiful place.  The grounds were let go for years but in recent history they are putting effort into restoring it.
This is located on the Hudson River.  In my youth I did spend some time roaming around the property. The main house is now gone but we did get into it a couple of times - trouble if we got caught.

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Sato

Many thanks for your all kind comments on my recent only-one picture from hospital. I made a video including it and others, but my mobile router is limited in 7 GB to use a month and it has been already used this month.  Have to wait till next month in order to send a heavy video file.  Am going to send a slideshow video as soon as June start.
Sachiko saw her doctor the other day and was told she had become well enough.  But she seems to have to take more rest for a while.  I believe it won't be a long time until she's back here.

Vanilla-Jackie

So P bubble, only just noticed your photos of Don...29th March....what a great photo, re, his 1500th radio show, now who ate all the cake? and who is " grumpy ".....Ah yes the dwarf, thought for a minute the other person was Don in disguise, sorry Don..... :-[ ;D but of course Don wasn't out there in March....

Sato, thank you for the update on Sachiko, I very much look forward to her coming back to join us.....I wish you both the very best in your medical recoveries...

jackwv

Rick I took a tour of the estate, both photos and video.  What a wonderful spot to visit.   Oglebay is small by comparison, but of course it is in a small town of 28 thousand, and was simply the summer home of Earl Oglebay.

Mary Ann

Sato, it is so good to hear from you.  I hope your health is improving daily.  It is nice to hear that Sachiko is feeling better and it will be good to hear from her.  Your rhododendron picture is beautiful.

Rick, the Untermeyer estate is beautiful.  In my youth I would loved to have seen it.  Today?  I couldn't walk far enough to enjoy it.  It is great that such places are available for people to visit.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Rick, I agree with both Jack and MaryAnn! Lovely place!

FlaJean

Rick, Enjoyed the Untermyer gardens, especially Martha Stewart's video of the garden.  The tour was interesting and the colors were lovely.  Would love to visit it.

Sato, will be looking forward to your video and thanks for the information about Sachiko.

RAMMEL

Quote from: jackwv on May 28, 2016, 08:51:45 AM
Rick I took a tour of the estate, both photos and video.  What a wonderful spot to visit.   Oglebay is small by comparison, but of course it is in a small town of 28 thousand, and was simply the summer home of Earl Oglebay.
Jack, ------- "Small Town"? Maybe so, but often the larger Towns (City) don't have as much interest in their "inventory".
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Rick and we are fortunate, Oglebay has a park commission, that operates the park.  The city in fact is unable to make any decisions regarding its operation. 

Shirley

My camera is full of "fantastic"... (okay, just routine) photos but haven't had time to upload to the computer. Got the house painting & window cleaning done, pool cleaned out & filled (had to drain rain water out twice as it over flowed)... cleaned the grass carpet around it & birds promptly decorated it with the mulberries that are ripe now.   :tickedoff:    Got a fake owl to fix that!  River is high, about as high as it's been in the 30 years we have lived here.

Sato, gorgeous photo and flower.  I have not seen ANY blooming around here.  Thanks for the news of Sachiko, please tell her we miss her when you talk to her next... and we've all missed you, as well. 

Rick, I thoroughly enjoyed the link, looked all around.  What a shame it was left to neglect for so long.  I can see what would draw a kid to check it out, did some of that myself when young.  We never thought of vandalizing anything back then, just curious... nosy... didn't have any place like that to go through.  I grew up in a REAL small town ... about 30,000-35,000.  The state fair grounds & a nice city park were my playgrounds. Thanks for the link. 

Jean, the water lilies are what I remember most when we visited that area.  Only water lilies I had ever seen before were in the "Highway Gardens" of the State Fair in my home town.  I was fascinated with all in your area, we stayed in a campground near there but can't remember the name.  Maybe Ft. Walton Beech?  Is there such a campground?  Nice facilities.

Jack, I can't think of any place like Oglebay in KS or MO that is open to the public ... especially without a fee.  A shame they don't have a little camping area for travelers to stay overnight & see the flowers.  I have said the same thing about no campgrounds "with a view" of the Flint Hills in KS.  I never get tired of the wide open spaces along the turnpike going through the Flint Hills, but no place to stop & wait for early morning or late evening photos.  I will get time to take photos off the camera soon, supposed to be more rain through the week. 

FlaJean

This is a photo of our son with his 4th grandchild (and our 4th great grandchild).  After 3 boys we were all very happy with a healthy little girl they have named Jasmine.

FlaJean

A gardenia blossom from our neighbor's gardenia bush that we see from our office window.

Vanilla-Jackie

Love her name Jasmine.....I can see granddad is already completely truly smitten.... :smitten: ...Congratulations also, Great-Grand-Parents....

jackwv

Jean that is wonderful, congratulations to all.

Mary Ann

Congratulations Jean and family.  I like the name Jasmine - also I like the scent of Jasmine.

We're up around 80 degrees now and I have the a/c going.

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble

Congratulations Jean!

I wish I could smell that gardenia.  It reminds me of our garden when I was a child.

angelface555

Jasmine, :welcome: :hb3: Jean, I know how happy your son and you, ( and of course her parents!); are!

Gardenias and Lilies are my favorite flowers, thank you for that photo!

Sato

Congratulations Jean!!   I like the name Jasmine.

I visited the irises garden in Yokosuka city, near our town, at the end of May last year.  Next was one of the shots.  Suppose the similar flowers are being now in bloom.

Mary Ann

Sato, pretty iris, so dainty looking.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

Jean.  She is a cutey. Grandfathers really love those little girls. I always liked that Name. Not used to much now.
You are catching up now with the GGC. Think I am now with Number 8 all pretty close together.
JeanneP