Random Image

Kelly and her dog Cliff and her Grand Daughter Fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 24

Started by JoanFL, April 24, 2016, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Callie, thank you for your kind words about my cleaning lady. I am not so sweet and accommodating as you said, because if I thought it were someone that was taking advantage of me, I would literally punch her out, but I know how hard she works, how many grumpy people she has to face each day,and if it means I have to let her start her days work here first, I am happy to do so. One time I was sick in bed, I sat in a chair while she did the bed, then got back into bed while she did the deep cleaning of the Apt. I could here her humming as she worked and it was consoling not to be alone. No big deal.

I found some soft breakfast so as not to disturb my new crown...on my tooth of course.  ;) Vanilla yogurt. Not exactly a bacon and eggs type of food but when you pay big bucks for a tooth repair you are willing to follow instructions. So....onward and upward !
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JoanFL

Vanilla-Jackie--That's too bad that you have no contact with your daughter, grands and great grands.

June--I don't think I'd be too thrilled about a housekeeper arriving that early.  Did you find something soft to eat since you have a sore mouth?  Edit:  I see you had some yogurt.

Callie--I am up early.  However, unless it was emergency I don't want workers here so early.  Hard to believe the day after tomorrow May begins.

Hi Kelly.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Joan I think I have solved the mystery of Jeanne Lee's oil....Popeye ran off with it ...you know he loves Olive Oil :))
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Amy--Now why didn't Jeanne remember that?  LOL

Radioman34

I have found that Lloyd's method of finding lost items works for  me; simply buy or open a replacement and the missing article will magically appear.

CallieOK

Jeanne Lee

Thanks for all the suggestions, but that bottle of Wesson oil still remains among the missing.  Just to answer some of the ideas, it is not in the refrigerator, the freezer, any cupboard, the pantry, the trash, the recycles, the bathroom vanity, the clothes hamper.  Everything has been moved around to make sure it's not hiding behind something.  I'm convinced the only way it will turn up is when I buy another one.   ;)

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Jeanne Lee

Sandy, that's a beautiful great granddaughter.  I know the feeling, my twin great grandsons are now a year and a half and I thought I'd burst with the excitement. 

But, Sandy, for any future pictures of FeFe, please post them in the photos area and put a link in here.  We don't really encourage posting photos in the Soda Shoppe, especially that size.  OK?   :thumbup:

Mary Ann

Sandy - congratulations on the birth of Fe Fe.  She is adorable and looks very healthy.  I hope you get to hold her soon.

The closest I can come to great-great is that I am a great-great aunt to Norm's great grandaughter, born in January.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I'm home!  And I'd like to just stay.  It was a usual VERY busy Friday and I'm glad I'm not there any more. 

Sandy, I'm going to adopt that baby until I get some great grands of my own.  And my guess is that she'll be in college and I'll be in Heaven (I hope) before that ever happens.

Now I'm going to rest before it's time to pick up TLH because she's bringing a friend today.  Her friend is spending the night at her house so I'll only have them until her mother lets me know she's home.  Gonna be busy around here for about an hour.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Kelly

Good Evening everyone

Just popped in to say hello and now popping out again!

kelly

Sandy

Did I do this correct,  Jeanne Lee?

See Fe Fe here:
        http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/gallery/89_29_04_16_3_07_10.jpeg

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sandy, I saw the picture just now.  She has a lot of black hair.

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee

Sandy

All my Grands and Great Grand,  have dark hair,   some standing straight up ...  Funny

Thanks Jeanne,  sorry for all the confusion.
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Denver

A good Friday afternoon to EVERYFRIEND. 

I did not get in to post last night......I was in a bit of a funk having managed to leave my purse in a place that I could not get back in to until today at noon.  I am feeling less and less confidant in myself, however, I do realize that there were extenuating circumstances that were the issue, hence WHY I forgot it.  I took Granddaughter Kate to her cheer leading class........I had her jacket in my hand and was helping her get it on and then just walked out and forgot the purse.  My car has auto unlocking and start with a key fob that was in my pocket, so did not miss the purse until we were home.  Panic set in as you can well imagine......Bob put a hold on the charge card and bank card, so that was easy to do.  We have now called them and told them the purse is back in my possession and are safe.  I am so lucky it was there and the lady that owns the place was able to meet me there at noon today. 

Contratulations, SANDY, AKA, GeGe on the birth of that sweet little bundle of joy, FeFe, AKA, "Ophelia Winter Chase".  I am so happy for you and for the family of this little sweet heart.  I hope you have had the opportunity to see and hold her by now. 

When we went to pick up the grands to take them to school this morning, Michele was looking much better than she did yesterday.  She is trooper and continues to be very sore with the incisions, port and surgery location that is held together with 9 staples. 

A good day to you, Mr. Kelly, who is popping in and out. 

JEANNE LEE, I, too, have had some good chuckles as to the where about of that bottle of Wesson Oil. 

JUNE DEAR, have you thought about telling the powers that be that you folks there at your home are RETIRED and therefore have no need to up and ready for anything at 6 AM??  Even though many of us ARE up that time of day, it doesn't mean we are ready to face the world! The staff there seem to be very kind and that is wonderful.  I hope the soreness of that tooth is gone pronto! 

CALLIE, happy that the new flowers are looking fantastic! 

It has been snowing since early this morning, but so far nothing sticking on the roads...........

off to pick up the grands from school.......have a great rest of your day. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

The kids are gone!  WHEW!!!!  One is enough...and sometimes too much!

Now the doggies are breathing down my neck for their supper.  It's certainly not dull around here!

JoanFL

Jeanne Lee--For sure if you buy a new bottle of oil, the other will turn up.

Mary Ann--I won't have any great grands while I am alive.  My two oldest grandchildren are 27 and 28 and have no aspirations to marry at this time.  They are busy pursuing their chosen careers.

Janie--Hopefully you got a nap before you had to pick the girls up.  Edit:  Glad you survived the girls visit.

Jennie--You were lucky you got your purse back intact, but I can imagine the anxiety.  GREAT that Michele looked so much better today, but no fun to have so much soreness.

June Drabek

Today I made an appointment with a podiatrist I have yet to meet. He will not be here till early in June, but that's O.K. the days go by so quickly it will be here before I know it. In the meantime I'm still able to control the nail growth with a large size emery board.

Had a quiet day today, a nice afternoon nap, just the way I like it. I will go down for supper tonight since I had soup at home for lunch, and they are having very tender and tasty salmon on the menu.

I guess we will never know who or what the culprit is who took our Jeanne's Wesson Oil. One of those great mysteries that occur in our lives. Let's keep the page of the book open though, even though the jury is out, the case is still open.

Hal, I hope you are going to come in with some good news on the test you had done today. It would be interesting to Know if you are "glowing" or not.

About time for me to stroll down for supper, and some of you are preparing for an early bed time. I shall return. June

Kelly

Hi Jenny
Well Mr Kelly has popped back in gain, but will anyone notice I did.

Regards
     Kelly

mycheal

Kelly I noticed you seem not to be able to settle :) thus my suggestion write 100 times...............I am as good as they come, but I have not found CharlesA yet :)

Mycheal

JaneS

I must have been living in a closet lately because I have no idea what that CharlesA thing means.  But I guess that's OK because you didn't say it to me....as usual!

I'm off to Dreamland.  I'm tired right down to my toenails!  And I have a lot to do tomorrow.  I hope you all have a peaceful rest and that you wake to a day of unexpected pleasures.

Lloyd Hammond

Sandy this baby thing is catchy. we got a phone call today from one of our granddaughters she Is in a family way with twins (not far enough ) to know sex yet. I am ok with it but G Nancy is on cloud ( 9/10).
Good Night everyone, sweet dreams.

Lloyd

halkel

Well, I got back home about 3:30 this afternoon and I am give out.  They gave me an IV at about 8:30 and told me to come back at 1PM for the scan(s).  In the meantime drink at least 40 ozs of water.  The water is to flush the excess radioactivity out of your system.  But I drank much more than 40 oz.  My son in law and myself went to the hospital cafeteria and had breakfast and sat and talked until about 10 and then back to the clinic and between drinking water and going to the bathroom time went by quickly.  Anyhow they finally called me in about 1:20 and got started do the scan(s).  After about 3 or 4 he told me he would check with radiologist and see if he needed anything re-done or different.  Came back and said doctor wanted one more of my back area but he couldn't do it on this machine, went to one that did a CAT scan and bone scan at same time.  It took over 30 minutes and with my arms above my head.  I didn't think I was going to make it.  But I did and I had to use the bathroom again and had to get dressed before going down the hall.  Anyhow after checking with the doctor he came back and told me that they had all the images they needed and they would give results to my doctor.  I was give out.  So June, you now know as much as I do.  The exam is over and results will be forthcoming.  And no I am not glowing and they make men sit to pee so you don't splash the radioactive material around the area.  And I got a card to carry for a few days to tell security people if I set off an alarm that I have been radiated and to call such and such number for verification.

Anyhow, everyone, I am off to bed.

Nite, nite,  God Bless and Sweetdreams.

June Drabek

Hal thank you very much for the detailed report on your radiated scans and xrays. I can feel how tired you must be, so rest well this night and take tomorrow off to just be patient with your healing. Sitting down to urinate reminds me of when my boys were very young I would sit them on the toilet facing the back of the toilet so the urine went down in the proper direction. It worked too.

I had a delicious salmon dinner tonight, then went on to view the movie "Running the Sahara". It had some very fascinating scenery of the desert, but I am trying to figure out why three adult men would run in the desert for over one hundred days, each one lost 40 pounds, they abused their bodies with injuries and ran anyway. But I don't know why. What was the purpose, where did they get the funding as they had trucks with all the needed gear following their paths, it must have cost a fortune, but that was never explained. I'm glad I saw it through to the ending though.

Now it is nearly ten o'clock so I had better go to bed and read myself to sleep. I did have a good nap earlier in the afternoon, so may need to read a few extra chapters tonight.

I love you all and pray you have a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow..good night hugs and prayers are coming your way. June

JoanFL

Good Saturday morning, Everyfriend, on this last day of April.   There's your choice of cereals and fruits to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a good day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

New Things to Ponder

Why are you IN a movie, but you are ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does s/he call?

I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose- fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!

Food For Thought

Being Modest
(By Rev. Eric McGrath)

I recently read an article that came via one of the e-mail outlets I receive mail from concerning the attire that is springing up in churches and the distraction it is causing for worshippers in services. It spoke of the clothing styles that are being worn, particularly by ladies, which cause this distraction.

While encouraging all of us to be sure that we are wearing clothing that is modest - both male and female - and not be a distraction to a brother or sister, who has come to church to worship our great God, I would like to mention two other areas.

First, as believers, it should be our desire at all times to be edifying in our conduct and deportment - and in all places. So this doesn't just apply at church - it is a matter that I should consider wherever I am - home, shopping, beach, etc.

A simple question in this regard is this - "Who am I dressing for?" Am I dressing to draw the attention of the opposite sex or am I dressing to please my heavenly Father, who is in heaven? There is no doubt about it that He encourages modesty.

But secondly, there is no doubt about the fact that He also wants us to understand that it is the inner man's beauty that ought to be on display, not the outward appearance. Do I want people to see only my body, or do I want to give them a chance to discover the real person that I am, who resides in that body?

Fathers, we need to help our wives and daughters understand the effect that skimpy clothing has on a man's mind. Yes, a Christian man has an obligation to keep his mind from impure thoughts, but we need your help, Christian sisters. God has created man to be stimulated by sight - in the right context.

And Christian men, we need to also reflect a godly attitude in our attire as well. Men's beach attire, for example, has been hit by the stylist's scissors, too. We too, have an obligation to our sisters. We live in a world that has turned things upside down and we need to be careful that we are not causing any woman to have impure thoughts about us.

Being stylish and being sensuous are not necessarily synonymous terms. It is possible to be quite stylish while maintaining a high degree of modesty.

So let's reaffirm our commitment to the Lord and a life lived for Him. And also reaffirm our commitment to one another, and seek to be builders and not destroyers of another's walk with the Lord. If it means some adjustments in our wardrobe, so be it! Better to discard an item of immodesty, than cause a brother or sister to stumble because of it!

It's enough that we all have to deal with what the world throws at us in this regard, without getting hit with it from a brother or sister in the Lord.

Blessings, Eric

Thought of the Day

"No man preaches that sermon well that does not first preach it in his own heart...If the Word does not dwell with power in us, it will not pass with power from us."

- John Owen

:smitten:

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. Hal I hope you got a good night's sleep and feel reasonable well today.
this getting old and problems we have are not good,we just  have to make the best of it. God bless you and keep you in his favor. we got more rain last night earlier evening and off and on all night.well the grass is growing,better this than drought. Have a great day,

Lloyd

Kelly

Hi mycheal
The mysterious CharlesA. 

The poor man looking for something, who knows what

I never settle as normally I retire about 2.0am.

Kelly

Kelly

Vanilla-Jackie

Halkel, oh what a long drawn out experience yesterday turned into...two hours between your first scan and your second, and such a long day....I would like to say a lesson taught about drinking so much water before going inside a scanner, but, I think you have learnt your lesson to go steady next time, if at all all there is a next time......

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you now await the verdict.....

I remember my late father after he had surgery for cancer on his penis, he said they had almost sliced it in two, and he could no longer wee like a man but had to wee like a lady....

Joan, to hear you say those words..." on this last day of April..." wow another month and we will almost be half through the year....

Jenny, that is sure an ordeal  that Michelle had gone through, and no wonder the poor young girl is feeling so sore, she has reason too but....along with this she has gotten herself through, and over the worst and now on the road to recovery...God bless her and look after her and her future with her young children...

Jenny, what a worry to ave mislayed your purse but so thankful you knew where you had left it and that the people there were trustworthy and hones to have held onto it for your collection...that was sure luck...

I got Benji ready for a short downhill slope walk this morning, got outside the door, down the steps, off the curb, took a few very slow steps with difficulty, then realised I had left the poop bags indoors which in hindsight done me a a favour as I know If I had of continued by myself, I would have gotten into trouble as my MS and walking has gotten worse now....

But R offered me again to walk Benji, ( after I had stopped in long enough to have had breakfast....) This time with Benji's help we walked uphill, up the driveway slope....... But I had real trouble by the time I had reached as far as I intended going, mid way,.....when of getting back down again, this time without Benji....I was much slower, doddery-er and dizzy...

Good morning Everyfriend, especially Kelly who wished me a good morning yesterday.....

Joan, thank you for the offer of breakfast but I already had that this morning but, if I can find a vacant seat on our patio area, I would sure help myself to some blueberries, strawberries and raspberries....
:thumbup:
" There is no present like the time "