Random Image

Fe growing

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of May 1

Started by JoanFL, May 01, 2016, 04:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

June--How nice that Gary are Dori are coming to have an early Mother's day with you.  I know you love your time with them.  Yes, my hospital bed has railings on the sides.

Janie--Get a nap and perhaps when you wake up the sun will be out.

angelface--Your weathermen are about as fickle as ours are.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JaneS

Napped....still raining...heading out to get TLH from school!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS
sounds about like me I was having a good Nap  when st luke's called to ck on me and woke me up to quiz Me about how I was doing.have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

June Drabek

LLoyd, I am so glad they check up on you to see you are not misbehaving. Now keep resting so you can get completely healed again.

Janie, I pray you had a nice nap before picking up TLH today. You do too much my dear. The trip to Texas is going to be very needful for sure. And I hope you sleep most of the way, from the time your front door closes behind you, till you are being greeted by folks in Texas.

Bis, I had a wonderful time with Gary and Dori..presents galore, plus a beautiful bouquet of varied flowers……roses,  and others I do not know the name of, but they are gorgeous. We had a good lunch together and lots of greetings from folks Gary knows from preaching and Dori has met previously. I was also given a long stemmed pink rose by our staff.

Now I am ready for a lay down time out and a good book. I have a truly thankful heart.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Amy

Gosh, today ended up busier than I thought. First I waltzed with he vacuum cleaner then took the spin mop for a spin on the floors. Pulled the old raspberry canes out and cleaned up that vegetable garden I was going to roto till the garden but the tiller wouldn't start so  off to the repair man it went. Was just washing my van when company drove in , was having a visit with them and in come dd for a visit with some geraniums for me . I am going to do a whole lot of nothing tonight..put my feet up and rest.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

A good Friday afternoon HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

Oh my, our day started quite early with banging on the side of the house.  They finally came to repair some damaged wood on the side of our fireplace.  They were suppose to do this before the house was painted well over a week ago.  They took off the rotten boards, and left before we could go out and see the adjacent boards also have some rot in them..........guess they were just going to cover them up and be done.  Well, that was not going to happen, so we tried to make a few calls to see if we could get the supervisor here to see.  Moral of the story is, he did come by and said they would do it correctly..........several hours have passed and it is thunder and lightening like crazy out.......still no repair done and it is going on 4 PM.........  I am panicking as I sure don't want them to leave this open to the rain that is going to be coming if not today, tomorrow and Sunday. 

Grumble, grumble. 

I wish you all a great rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

Well I finally did get back.  Been kinda busy, sorta, kinda.  Had to add some coolant to my wifes car, then checked the oil and it was low, no oil so I headed on down to Auto Zone and stopped on the way and got her tire repaired.  It had a slow leak, then to Auto Zone and picked up some oil.  Holy smokes, I get aggravated ever time I have to buy oil, almost 5 dollars a quart, also while there, I picked up some crazy glue to fix my glasses.  By the way these are my computer glasses, not regular glasses.  Came home and repaired the glasses and they are holding so far.  We shall see.

Lloyd glad you are back home and hope you get plenty of rest and relaxation.  Hope you get well soon. 

Gloria, how are you enjoying the "new" computer.  I know you are happy to be able to resume your daily visit with your daughter.

Amy, I see by your last post it was party time again at your house.  Dancing and carrying on with all the crowd at your house.

Nothing much going on here now.

JoanFL

Janie--Glad you got a nap.

Lloyd--I think that's GREAT the the hospital calls to check on your well-being.

June--That makes me happy that your celebration with Gary and Dori was so wonderful.

Amy--You sure did have a very busy day.

Jenny--Why in the world can't workmen do things correctly the first time?

halkel--Hopefully that glue will hold your glasses together.

Kelly

Good Evening everyone

Enjoy your evening

kelly

JaneS

OK, June, I'm going to goof off this evening.  I got my entire list finished today, well not the big list but everything that I had planned for today.  So tonight, I'm going to play "recliner radish"...unless I decide to cook something.  I'm trying to use up everything in the fridge that will spoil except for the things I'm leaving specifically for Casey. 

I do try to actually sit down and eat a decent dinner every day.  It forces me to relax and to put good food in my body. 

I hope you all had a good day.  The sky is still leaking here and is supposed to do so most of the night.  However.  We are supposed to have sun tomorrow and temps in the high 60s and then into the 70s by Monday. 

June Drabek

Amy dear, I get tired out just reading about all you do. Shamefully it does make me a little bit jealous, there was a day my friend when I may have kept up with you, but now I will just rest with the fun memories you bring back to me. I am proud of you girl !

Jenny, is it your home owners assoc. that is responsible for the repairs on your home, or who does do the deciding and hiring of those doing such poor workmanship. Those repairs certainly should have been done before the painting, and in clement weather too. I pray your rain will blow over here to Calif.

Hal, you too have had a busy day. You may have to pay too much for the oil, but at least you are able to put it in the engine, rather that going to a dealer.

Kelly, I tried to answer your mail the other day and got it all messed up and lost it. Just so you know I tried.

Bis, I am still basking in the delight of having my kids here. And one of these days they intend to take me to their Church for a Sunday service. It is always such a busy day for them I feel guilty having them come to get me, but they want to do it. We'll see. I am happy Gary comes here twice a month. If our Pastor had his way, Gary would come weekly, but his plate is full to overflowing now, and he needs a time out too. The a-Fib still gives him a reminder at times to slow down.

Janie,  :thumbup: :smitten:

Kelly

Hi June
Thanks for the message, computers have a tendency to lose messages. It has happened to me a few times.

Kelly

Kelly

Lloyd Hammond

this setting around is for the birds,but necessary for healing. but it wares me out I am off to bed wishing you all a good Night.
sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend!  I'm off to Dreamland, too, and may God Bless Us Every One!

Denver

Of course they never returned to put the new boards on to seal up the house before the rains come.  I am blowing the storm back to California, JUNE.  IF only I could REALLY do that!  Not sure if we can even hope that they will come tomorrow, let alone Mother's Day.  We are to have rain on and off both Saturday and Sunday. 

JOAN, it is the truth, no one seems to be able to get their job done right these days.  It seems we are constantly having to follow up many times over on something that we thought were done.  I know I am far from being the only one doing this! 

JUNE, our homes are covered for the painting and roof by the HOA, however if any repairs are needed we have to pay for them....wood issues or gutters.  They identified that two areas had damage and gave us a quote to do the work.. We gave them the OK to do the work due to a short time before the painting was to start. (Less than a week)  We should have done the repair ourselves....it would have been done quickly and most of all correctly, and at a reasonable cost....not what we are now going to have to pay. 

I am smiling about your day with Gary and Dori, JUNE. 

HAL, glad that you got the glasses glued...I hope it did a good job and you are set. 

AMY, you deserve to put your feet up and take a rest.  I do believe you give Jane a run for her money in regard to which of you work the hardest. 

JANE, I hope you too are resting well tonight.

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Just returned from a movie downstairs..real life of the Hobos in the good ole days. Even women are hoboing now. It was interesting and enjoyable.

Now I need to go to bed. No naps again today so sleep should come easily. Have a very Good night my dear friends, God Bless you all, I send you Prayers Hugs and much Love. June

JoanFL

Good Saturday morning, Everyfriend.   There's DDs to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a good day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Safety at Work

Safety is a major concern at the manufacturing company where I work. So I'm constantly preaching caution to the workers I supervise.

"Does anyone know," I asked a few guys, "what the speed limit is in our parking lot?"

The long silence that followed was interrupted when one of them piped up. "That depends. Do you mean coming to work or leaving?"

Food For Thought

Let God Out of the Box
By Joyce Meyer

I’ve been saying for a couple of years now that people need to let God out of the Sunday morning box, that He doesn't want to just be with you for an hour or two on Sunday morning and then put back in His box to sit there until you have an emergency, but He wants to invade your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Thought of the Day

Saturday is like a blank page, fresh and new, a pause away from routines and responsibilities. Thank you for rest, for recreation, family and friends.
Lord, thank you for Saturdays.

--Author Unknown

:smitten:

JoanFL

Natureboy

Happy Birthday Joy, have a lovely day  :thumbup:

Vanilla-Jackie

Joy, have the most enjoyable BIRTHDAY today...and make it a day to remember...
" There is no present like the time "

Kelly

Good morning Joan

How are you on this lovely Saturday.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Joy

Happy Birthday

Have a wonderful day.

Kevin

Kelly

Good Morning Jackie

What a lovely weather forecast for the next few days in the UK and the Isle of Man I hope.

Enjoy your day.

Kelly

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Taking the day off today and heading to the city. Fabricland has a 50% off sale so I am meeting my daughter in love there.

June ,I bet you could leave me in the dust in your younger years! I sit back now and watch the young ones work around me..time does have a way on catching up.

Joy, happy birthday to you, may you be blessed with many more!!!

Lloyd,  take it easy please, I know doing nothing is not on your agenda but you heal quicker. Listen to your body and rest.

Jackie, good morning..

Kelly good morning.

Hal, no party today  :thumbup:

Joan thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning,

Nice to come here first thing this morning and see all the birthday greetings.  Really helped to get my day off on the right foot. As I get older,  birthdays are very special.

Thanks, Kelly,  Jackie, Nature Boy and Joan.

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Thank you, also, Amy.  You sneaked in while I was writing.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Joy
have a gate special day. yes Amy is part Indian walks softly. Have a great day everyone,

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!

Happy Birthday, Joy!  Enjoy your day this year and many more to come!

Today is my grandniece's last day of college for her Freshman year.  They are picking her up and moving her out of the dorm today.  And it sounds like my sister is coming along to help.  I'm meeting them for lunch to give her some things after they are all packed up.  Looking forward to seeing them all. 

Still have a list to cover today and, hopefully, the doggies will be clean tonight.  I still have Sunday but a lot to do on Sunday, too.  I'd like to get that job out of the way today.  I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm not on a par with Amy.  I don't shovel snow any more.  I could if I had to but I don't so I won't!  And I definitely don't hang the wash out.  I don't drive around as much as she does and I don't want to.  However, I suspect that some of us might have a few years on her.  I'm not planning to sluff off just because of the extra years but you know how that goes.

I need to get moving!  Another busy day today and some things that were not planned...like lunch with my sister's family and supper with Cathy and Craig.  If the weather holds, we're going to have our first outing at The Fence Drive In for supper. 

Have a lovely day and if you need it, PLEASE take the rain!

JoanFL

Good morning Natureboy, Vanilla-Jackie and Lloyd.

Amy--Good morning.  I hope you stock up on the fabric bargains.:)  Enjoy the day with your daughter in love.

Good morning, Joy.  May your day be just what you want it to be.

Kelly--Good morning.  I'm fine and the sun is brightly shining.

Good morning, Janie.  Enjoy meeting your family for lunch and your supper with Cathy and Craig.  Your "to do" list is dwindling.