Random Image

COLD CLOTHESLINES

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

"Just Plain Old Music"

Started by RAMMEL, June 12, 2016, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

The hilarious followup to the 70s smash hit "Convoy". Co-written by Chip Davis who later gained fame as the creator of Mannheim Steamroller.

Oldiesmann

John Fogerty's rendition of the classic "Haunted House". Originally recorded by Johnny Fuller in 1958, this was a pretty big hit when Jumpin' Gene Simmons recorded it in 1964. This version is from 2009.

Vanilla-Jackie

Not one i am familiar with, very lively, especially for its title " haunted house "...not my cup tea...
" There is no present like the time "

Oldiesmann

Heard this on the local oldies station earlier (they're doing a "wacky weekend" theme this weekend because of Halloween). So funny  ;D

Vanilla-Jackie

Those Were The Days - Mary Hopkins 1968 

Vanilla-Jackie

Louis Prima..Night Train..I am dizzy just watching them..

Oldiesmann

A funny song from 1961 that I heard on the radio last weekend (the local oldies station was doing a "wacky weekend" theme because of Halloween). It pokes fun at several popular vocal groups of the day and parodies a few of their hit songs. Apparently this managed to hit #21 here in the US.

Oldiesmann

One of the best versions of "Man of Constant Sorrow" I've heard. Featuring Jimmy Fortune (guitar), Bradley Walker, Mike Rogers (guitar/lead vocals) and Ben Isaacs (bass), backed up by some other incredibly talented musicians.

Oldiesmann

From the 1945 film Bring on the Girls, the classic rendition of "Chloe" performed by Spike Jones and His City Slickers, with lead vocals by Red Ingle. This was one of the group's biggest hits, peaking at #5 in 1945.

Vanilla-Jackie

That was a bit of fun...comedy of our day... :)

Oldiesmann

A less comedic video featuring Spike Jones and George Rock that shows off just how talented these guys were. George Rock is the same guy who sang the vocals on the group's famous "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth".

Oldiesmann

Heard this great song on the way to work earlier. This was Eydie's biggest hit and also her last one, peaking at #7 in 1963.

Vanilla-Jackie

I remember her, i remember that song...that takes me back...Here is another one...( Eydie Gorme - Love Me Forever 1957 )

Oldiesmann

Here's a classic from the mid-50s. This hit #1 on both sides of the pond.

Vanilla-Jackie

Her name did not register with me but i definitely remember her voice and the song, even though i was born 1951, this was the music of the 50's..

RAMMEL

It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

MarsGal

Not old, but appropriate for this week. Johnny Cash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egIB7tYW80M

And then there is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxysfeEGwUs

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Marilyne

I have happy memories of Kay Starr! Does anyone remember her hit song,  Side By Side, popular around 1953?  That was the  first song that my husband AJ and I danced together to, at a freshman college party.  I remember it played over and over on the record player, and we continued to dance.   
The lyrics:  "Oh we ain't got a barrel of money, maybe we're ragged and funny, but we'll travel along, singing a song, Side by Side.  We don't know what's coming tomorrow, maybe it's trouble and sorrow, but we'll travel the road, sharin' our load,  Side By Side."    The words turned out to be true for us.     

Amy

Marilyne ,that is one of the songs sung around the campfire along with this one..gosh did you bring back memories!!!

https://tinyurl.com/3kakmrur
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Marilyne, see what you have started? Back to work I go..

https://tinyurl.com/evknx4c5

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Marilyne

Amy - I love all of the Mills Brothers songs.  SO popular back then!  I remember reading that  Glow Worm, was at the top of the charts for a long, long time, and was the #1 record of the year?  Such clever lyrics . . . they don't write them like that anymore! 

RAMMEL

Ahh yes, I remember them all.  However I prefer Leon Redbone for "Up A Lazy River". Which prompts me to think about digging the Redbone CDs out.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Amy

Rick, agree with you... Leon Redbone sounds so laid back

https://tinyurl.com/4xx5yh34

https://tinyurl.com/e9w6aet2

Ok back to work!!

Jimmy Dean

RAMMEL

Quote from: Amy on November 22, 2021, 02:10:50 PMRick, agree with you... Leon Redbone sounds so laid back
Funny you said "Laid back".  When I posted my post I was going to say the very same thing.   I have several Redbone CDs and most of them make me want to lay back and just relax and enjoy.  I think "Up A Lazy River" was one of the first one of his I heard many many moons ago.
  [/b][/size]
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Oldiesmann

Leon Redbone was great. Always enjoyed his music.

Back in the 1980s, a guy by the name of Denny Brownlee decided to sing "Blue Christmas" in the style of Porky Pig for a radio morning show. It became so popular that it ended up being released as a single credited to "Seymour Swine and The Squealers" (since they obviously couldn't use Porky Pig). The best part is the guy cracking up in the background ;D

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes you are right, the guy in the background cracking up laughing got me laughing.. ;D

Oldiesmann

Just 5 years after the world was introduced to the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", Billy May took it up a notch and turned into a mambo, complete with humorous vocals from drummer Alvin Stoller

RAMMEL

That's almost as enjoyable as St. Louis Blues Mambo
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Oldiesmann

A fun version of "Jingle Bells" from the group that brought you "Green Onions". If you like this I highly recommend checking out the rest of their Christmas album. You won't be disappointed.