Random Image

Cheeky

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 17

Started by JoanFL, July 17, 2016, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  Another hot day here. I did not have the opportunity to get to this discussion this morning as I was super busy. It was an interesting morning.  I had to have some routine blood work done for an appointment I have on Friday so went to the Hospital Lab at little after 7 am.  As I was standing in line to check in I glanced around and there sat our son, Scott.  He was as shocked to see me and I was to see him.  When we finished at the lab we stopped at the place I have coffee on Thursdays and had a nice omelet breakfast.  It was quality time totally unplanned. I brought half of my omelet home for Pat's breakfast. 

Then we went to the AT&T store so Pat could get a new phone.  She did not want another smart phone and they were out of stock of the one she wanted but the salesperson said that Walmart had them.  Walmart is in the same shopping complex where the phone store is.  He told of which phone to get and said to bring it back and he would get her contacts transferred.  However, they were out of the phone also but they called the store 5 or miles North and they had them.  So we went to that store, bought the phone and then went back to the AT$T store and got the phone registered and in service.  I took Pat home and then I went to my normal Monday noon meeting. Needless to say I was really tired when I got home and laid down to rest. 

I have read all of the posts since yesterday but it is late so will just sign off for today.

Vanilla-Jackie

We had clear blue sky all around today, and its going to be hotter tomorrow....should be our hottest day yet this year....I dont like HOT, but I can tolerate a couple of days...then looks like our temps will get back to the par they have recently been....showers included.... :thumbup:
" There is no present like the time "

Denver

Good Monday afternoon to EVERYFRIEND.

Still savoring my fun night at the Adele Concert.  Thankfully JACKIE, she seemed to be on her best behavior, only cursing once and appologized immediately.  She needed to have the BBC get after her....no need for that foul language. 

We have a lot of thunder and lightening going at the moment, but so far nary a drop of rain.  Ten minutes south of us it is raining cats and dogs and the temperature is 30* less.  C r A z Y weather. 

SHIRLEY, I am concerned, as others are, that you need to go see your doctor!  The cough sounds much more than it should be.  I think you mentioned that you would go if it was not better today.  Keep us posted and take care.

JOAN, it would be nice if Linda could come with Finlay and family, but it might be a bit too crowded with them and  Daisey Dog. My Mark heads to Florida next week for his PGA stuff and he is sure not looking forward to the heat and humidity.  But it is what it is, so there is no way around it.  I do wish you could get,some rain to cool things off a bit.

LARRY, what a nice surprise to see Scott at the vampire place. Always so nice to spend quality time together.  Glad Pat was able to get the phone she wanted even though you had to drive around some to get it.

I must get going....enjoy the rest of your day. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Christy (Maryland daughter) and Frankie (her Florida daughter) came here today for a visit.  Christy has gone to visit her brother and then a quick stop to see Cathy's new home and a short visit with them.  She will take off for Maryland after that.  Frankie is staying a few days and will overnight with her Uncle Phil at Kiran's house so they can have a visit.  Tomorrow she has a ride to her father's (40 minutes away) and will spend some time with him.  Then back to Maryland for a return flight to Florida.  She's a busy gal.  Short visit but quality! 

I'm going to go scrounge up some supper, feed the doggies and check to see if the LIMO is out there.  I have my suitcase packed.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

halkel--That sounds perfect.

Larry--What a coincidence that you and Scott ended up in the lab at the same time.  That's was quite a hassle getting Pat the phone she wanted.

Vanilla-Jackie--We've had hot and humid for week.

Jenny--Joe, Kate and Finlay have a BIG SUV so she thinks she and Daisy will fit.

Janie-Nice that your family has the opportunity to visit one another.  My suitcase is packed, too.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Molly

LARRY - I had to smile when I read your comments RE unexpectedly meeting your son and then sharing a meal with him.  That type of get-together is truly special!  It made me think of how I felt when my son (currently stationed in Korea) called a couple of nights ago.  I did not recognize the telephone number that appeared on the phone screen, but decided to answer anyway.  When I heard "Hi Mom!  I love you,"  I really smiled.  He has become accustomed to the time difference at his current Post (about 10 p.m. our time in N.C., but almost Noon the next day where he is serving for 2 years.  Really good conversation!  We agreed that he would try to call regularly at about the same time so when I saw the unfamiliar number on the phone screen, I would know it was him.

I really had to smile about phone calls at unusual times as Mohamed usually calls from Egypt (to which he returned on July 7th) around 10 a.m. our time and
evening his time in Egypt.  We have totally different
schedules and he usually talks about the international News, which he has already viewed by the time he calls me.

After experiencing intense wand, rain and downed trees along our street two days ago, today brought my yard crew and  they worked almost two hours to
clean up the yard, mow, clean the gutters on the roof, and trim our hedges.  I gave them a nice tip and a large container of cold bottled water.  That always makes them smile!

I'm going to be watching the evening news in a few minutes to catch up with what's going on in France (not very good recently) and what our Presidential candidates are up to.

Hope all had a good weekend!

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening everyone.
well to beat the heat I pealed and pitied and cut peaches and put them in the solution to keep from turning dark for Nancy. she put them in jars and ran the caner (water bath), 14 quarts in jars and one galleon in freezer. In the high nineties here today. have a great evening everyone.

Lloyd

Gloria

JOAN  on TV late this afternoon they were saying storms headed this way. Had a few rain drops on the windows and that was all. I think I have appreciated your morning posts right after I joined your Nest. Since then I can understand all the time you spend looking for what you post.

HAL  hope Shirley listened to you and the others who told her to get to the doctor. Right now this town is up in arms. The governor wants a gas plant in this town and no one wants the added pollution to our air. It would not be far from my grandson's house. We have been the forgotten part of the state for years but 20 years ago they did build a huge gas generation plant without even letting the residents know what was going on. Hope you get to wee your doctor. Pack trouble is now fun. Wow imagine going on a cruise in that. Just pray for calm seas.

JACKIE  beautiful area. Been too many years since I walked near the ocean, loved it.

PHYLLIS  this state has had some bad storms recently with winds, hail, flooding and limbs and trees down. The weather guessers this northwest part of the state will get hit with it but so far so good. I don't mind the rains and some wind but there has been lightening strikes in the state, too, and  that is what scares me. They keep saying with this heat and humidity we are ripe for a bad storm.

MARY ANN  I hope you are improving every day.

JANE  I had a few rain drops hit my windows, didn't even get the walks all wet.

HAL  what time will the limo be here? Don't want to miss it. Will we have to dress formal for our cruise? I would rather be comfortable. Wish we still had Agnes or Martex here. Either one would have all of us on that ultra luxury yacht. I know Shirley would know who I am talking about. They took those who posted in the Missouri forum on several trips. Angelface did one once and now that she is back in PSP again maybe she can use her wonderful imagination to do it. Bunnie would have tried it, too. Those were fun times.

HAL  the Great Lakes would be nice, almost as good as the ocean minus the salt spray.

LARRY  looks like you had  really busy morning but the best was seeing Scott there and spending some time with him.

JENNY  glad you enjoyed Adele. Why is it that some people think they have to use foul language. I remember years ago I used to like Buddy Hackett. Went to my brother's for the week end. My SIL turned on the TV to a cable channel and buddy Hackett was on. He had a filthy mouth and after that I could not stand him anymore. He was insulting people in the audience and some got up and left with him calling out nasty remarks to them.

JANE  looks like you have seen a lot of your family members lately. Always great seeing them. Mu suitcase is packed and ready, too. A mystery cruise? Who know where we will go?

MOLLY  great that your son called. That made you happy. Bet the yard crew appreciated the cold water most on a hat day.

LLOYD  I envy you those canned peaches come a freezing winter day.

Good night everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

angelface555

Gloria, unfortunatly Agnes and Martex are staying on Facebook for now. Altho, I'm not sure about Agnes.

Sandy

Which Agnes are you referring to? 
I used to know Agnes from New Hampshire on Senior Net.
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Shirley

Thanks for the sympathy, Joy, mine also started out as a sinus infection, had antibiotic just a few weeks ago & should have gone back right away instead of letting it build up.  Didn't have the cough at that time, thought  sinus problems would just go away, basically head aches & I never have head aches. 

I called my Dr before 9:00 am & got in at 10:20 this morning.  They really are good to me.  Had a chest X-ray & prescription for antibiotic, one I can tolerate & said "to be good for pneumonia", should that be the case.  I could hear a young kid in the next room coughing just like me.

Jackie, so sorry the way your family has treated you.  I do push my kids to keep in mind the various health issues that we know of in my side as well as their father's.  Lots of heart problems on my side and colon cancer a bad gene on their father's.  My husband's mother & 3 of her brothers died from that disease, so he got checked often, but that is not what killed him.  We just never know.   

Lloyd, our nights are not cooling down so doesn't help to get up, no cool air to enjoy, that's my biggest complaint about this summer.  I love an open door with fresh air.   We have a fence around the back yard and another fence around the house (back) to enclose the pool so feel safe with a sliding door open.... and Ruger under the pillow!   I know, I'm bad~~

I think I've lost my "slide" down the posts with the phone call from the doctor's office.... Lungs are clear!  "That's a good thing!" 

Hal, I do have a cure for that back ... got it from a doctor whose father was an orthopedic doc.  When he gave me a paper showing how to lean against a door facing, back snugged up against the wall, pull tummy in, shoulders back, clip thumbs together behind the back (near the waist), up on toes, heels against the facing... hold that position as long as can & go down & up again.  Do this a few times a day & it actually works.  Seems those tummy muscles are pulling the spine out of alignment as we let them sag....   I know I must have rolled my eyes when I looked the exercise over cause I was thinking.... "how dumb"... But it works, it really does.  I had back problems for years before that & was skinny so didn't dream I had a muscle problem.  A few pounds later & it still works! 

By the way, Hal, I'll take my yacht with wheels under.... I don't like water, admit to being afraid of water.   I will join everyone at ports ...to party.   

Good advice about the sewing machine, Jane, hope you find a simple cure.  I did get a new machine cause I'm going to live to 120 and never-ever bought a pair of slacks that didn't need to be shortened.  So far the old one is working but got such a bargain with Amazon's "Gold deals" that I couldn't resist.  Hate to admit I am having trouble learning how to operate it.

My old Singer was an estate sale bargain from about 30 years ago and even older Brother that won't sew through anything thicker than 2 layers of cotton...  the Singer made covers for my husband's lawn tractor seats, the leaf catcher, that thick expanded vinyl.... had to take it to the shop for adjustment after that & cost $25, same as I paid for the machine.  It has served me well for all the heavy duty needs.   The Brother has built in cams that let me put the right  length on my husband's slacks.  He always had them altered where he bought them but they refused to make the one leg less than half an inch shorter than the other & my husband wanted them perfect.   One cam allowed a stitch every few stitches that caught the leg while the other stitches ran along the inside fold & didn't show.  No way to describe it but was as professional as possible when done.  Those days are over but not for my needs.   I buy long slacks to cut off the length I want for "shorts"... but am pleased with all the ones this year, mid calf & cool fabrics. 

Mary Ann, I've gone back & back but never found your post about what happened to you.  Glad you are better and hope back to your old self soon. 

Larry, I would love to go back to my old phone like Pat, but would lose too much with Tracfone.  You do lead a busy life, special time when meeting like that, isn't it? 

This has gone on all day & much too long.  Debating whether to delete most of it....  but want to thank all of you for the advice to see the doctor.  Job taken care of.  Time to take care of cats and think about getting some sleep. 

Yep, Gloria, I got there & not as sick as I felt....so I'll quit whining for a while ... you think?  I still have some of those trips we made in MO.... Don't remember how I downloaded them but ran across the videos on a thumb drive or something not long ago.  Wild imaginations & talent.

JaneS

Well, the problem of the sewing machine is temporarily solved.  When Christy texted to say she's coming up, I asked her if she could bring her sewing machine along and let me borrow it for a week to finish the curtains.  She did and I can.  So now it's sitting all ready to finish the curtains tomorrow after work.  And it can go back when Frankie does.  Mine will sit and wait until I decide if I'm going to get it fixed.  I called and got an estimate on it and it's not as bad as I thought it might be.

And now, I'm off to Dreamland.  Good Night Everyfriend!  I wish you a peaceful, restful sleep and may you wake to sunshine or rain whichever you want.  God Bless us, every one!

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley, thank you,  :) I didnt think Everyfriends would read it, let alone respond to it.....Yes a sad situation, but, whats to be, will be....just needed to get that off my chest.....

Wow Shirley your GPs dont waste time in ordering you to have a chest X-Ray....that sure wouldn't happen over here, well not on our N.H.S waiting list....first the GP sends out a referral, then maybe if you are lucky a month, could be longer you get your hospital appointment....oh of course by then you could be dead..... ::)

Gloria, although yesterday I was so close to the sea, unfortunately not close enough as, their is a very steep slope to walk down, yes their is a banister, but only part way, but it still is very very steep, I wouldn't even attempt to give it a go....and I think that is the only way to get down to the sand......

I have made a pledge for our Benji before we lose him ( doesn't look like yet, we shall see next week on his monthly vet monitoring ) but dogs and myself have never walked on sand, well I have but not for years.....so I made a pledge to get Benji on sand, not quite the way I was originally planning as now he cant be let off lead nor run to catch a tennis ball, not since his mimicking of stroke....

Mary Ann, honestly I do smile, but R takes so long in pressing down that shutter, that by the time he has taken the photo," I have lost Interest..."  :2funny:

Jenny, glad your Adele concert ran smooth and she toned herself down....

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning, Everyfriend.   There's omelets to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a great day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

The Pearly Gates

A minister dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates. Ahead of him is a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.

Saint Peter addresses this guy: "Who are you, so that I may know whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?"

The guy replies: "I'm Joe Cohen, taxi driver, of Noo Yawk City."

St. Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the taxi driver, "Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

The taxi driver goes into Heaven with his robe and staff, and it's the minister's turn. He stands erect and booms out, "I am Joseph Snow, pastor of my church for the last forty-three years."

St. Peter consults his list. He says to the minister, "Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Just a minute," says the minister. "That man was a taxi driver, and he gets a silken robe and golden staff. How can this be?"

"Up here, we work by results," says Saint Peter. "While you preached, people slept; while he drove, people prayed."

Food For Thought

Looking Beyond

Scripture Reading: Luke 19:1-10

The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
Luke 19:10
Can you imagine a person graduating cum laude from college with a teaching certificate but being turned down from a teaching job 24 times? That’s what happened to Brad Cohen, a man with Tourette syndrome, a neurological disorder resulting in involuntary repetitive movements and barking sounds. He was eventually hired at the 25th school where administrators looked beyond the disability and saw Brad’s gifts as a teacher. Brad eventually became a very successful teacher and a motivational speaker. His autobiography became a bestseller and was made into a heartwarming movie called Front of the Class.
Jesus paid special attention to people who were overlooked. Jesus noticed short Zacchaeus up in the sycamore-fig tree and reached out to him. On another occasion, though his disciples rebuked a blind man who had called out to Jesus, the Lord called him out and restored his sight (Mark 10:46-52). At another time, Jesus also healed a woman who had been bleeding, and he made sure her faith was recognized (Matthew 9:20-22).
Christian love demands that we see beyond the superficial, that we make special accommodations for people who need them, and that we value the contributions of everyone. Jesus put it quite simply: “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:39).
Lord Jesus, teach us to see all people as you see themâ€"fellow creatures worthy to be redeemed and transformed through your gift of life for us. In your name, Amen.

Thought of the Day

Advice From a Tree 

Stand tall and proud.
Go out on a limb.
Remember your roots.
Drink plenty of water.
Be content with your natural beauty.
Enjoy the view.

~ Ilan Shamir

:smitten:

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan, good morning.....its going to be a very hot day....hot already and its only 10am.....R just gone walkabouts with dogs, says he wants to get them out before it gets too hot, best to do it now BEFORE he does his Tuesday shop......

I have various windows open, plus the kitchen back door as I've got fresh beetroot on the go.....so its mighty hot now in our spacious kitchen....even with the hood fan going....

Joan, I particularly like and will hang onto....." Advice From A Tree..."....That was one thing I learnt when I was doing my course of Tai-Chi Chuan.....we must stand upright and root ourselves like a tree......

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Empty house here, dil went home last night. We did have a lot of fun while she was here,shopping,sewing and eating Death By Chocolate ice cream. :thumbup:

We are off to the city this morning, I am taking some quilt tops in to be quilted for kids at camp. Hubby is going to get his hair cut on the way home. That will be enough for one day.

Joan,thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It was a nice cool night here, down into the 50s and only 64 so far this morning.  I love it when the windows can be open for sleeping.

I'll be off to WM this morning to greet my public.  I hope you all have a special day today.

JoanFL

Good morning Jackie-Vanilla.  It's already hot and humid here (83° at my house) and is going to be in the mid 90s.  Glad you liked the "Thought for today".

Amy--Good morning.  You sure have a good time when your DIL is visiting.  You're "on the road again" today, but at least it's not to go to the doctor.

Good morning, Janie.  You're having ideal weather.  Hopefully all in your line today at WM will be wearing a big smile.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning Ladies. haven't read the temp yet or had the TV on yet but last evening they said 100 º today and 103 º tomorrow. I am going to shop and turn fan on for a while set in front of it until it gets hot and work on some new bee hives, then come to house and set in couch. tomorrow I am going to rake hay pray for no breakdowns, Nancy just turned on TV current temp is 77 º and going to be heat index  going to 105 º to 110 º.I may be a couch Jockey all day today.Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  The day is starting out with bright and sunny skies.  We will likely see in the mid 90's this afternoon.  We just escaped a severe thunderstorm late yesterday afternoon at was just North of us.  It does look like there was a little rain during the night but no storm. 

Nothing on the schedule for today, which is welcome after the busy day yesterday.  The crew has just arrived to lay the cement block on the foundation for the new home across the street.  The cement mixer just arrived and there are five or six men over there to do the job. 

I did get the results of the blood tests I had yesterday and my PSA count was up less than 1/2 point and my cholesterol is well under control.  So I was pleased with the results.

Molly, I am sure you were happy to get your yard tended to after the big storm.  Now you can look forward to a morning call and an evening call. 

Lloyd, you will enjoy all of those peaches in the months ahead.  Glad you had something to keep you in out of the heat.  It sounds like it will be another good day for you to stay in and be a couch jockey.

Gloria, years ago when our son was in high school Robin Williams came to the Starlight theater in Swope Park in Kansas City for a performance.  I got tickets and we went but have to say it was such a blue performance that I was very uncomfortable sitting there with my son.  It was a same he didn't just be funny but it seems the performers seem to think that using blue material is necessary. 

Shirley, I sure hope you are feeling better with the antibiotic.  I was with the others in being concerned about you.  Certainly glad you didn't have pneumonia.  My wife would love to have a Singer Featherweight sewing machine but honestly don't know where she would put it. 

JoanFL

Good morning, Lloyd.  It's already hot here.  Be sure you keep yourself well hydrated if you are going to work out in the heat.

Larry--Good morning.   GREAT that the results of your medical tests were good.

Mary Ann

Shirley, I had a severe nosebleed a week ago and had to have my nostril packed.  I have been taking things easy ever since.  Thanks for asking.

Mary Ann

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Going to be a normal hot Texas day today.  Although there was some showers around yesterday, nothing major or exceptional though.

I have nothing going on, just doing a little watering in the backyard.  I hope everyone has a great day.

JoanFL

Good morning, Mary Ann.

halkel--Good morning.  We've had no rain for so long that even with the sprinkler system, the grass is looking slightly brown.:(

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had one of those nights that I finally went to sleep about the time Joan would be posting here.

PATRICIA  Agnes and I still keep in touch but have nod heard from Martex in years.

SANDY  yes that is Agnes from NH. She is the one who did the caricatures in the photos.

SHIRLEY  glad you saw your doctor. Did you get scolded for not calling earlier when the coughing did not let up? I copied you help for sore back. I will try that, I am so tired of my back hurting all the time. Every orthopedic doctor I saw said nothing they could do because of my age. First one told me that 6 years ago. I have asked a couple of them if I fell and broke a hip if they would shoot me like they would a horse. Never got an answer to that one. I know about shortening slacks, I have that problem, too. Some capries are as long a slacks on me. I had saved those “trips” but lost them. We did have a lot of fun there didn't we? I love your posts and never find them too long. 

JANE  great you can now get those curtains hemmed.

JACKIE  I would never be able to walk down a steep path anymore. So many things I can no longer do makes me feel like I am a lazy old woman. I was always on the move till my back started acting up. Like you I have not walked on beach sand in years and I so loved being at the ocean.

JOAN  an omelet will hit the spot this morning. Was just thinking I better have breakfast before it is time for lunch. Pearly Gates shows the job and how one does it makes a difference.  Looking Beyond  wish those in charge would look beyond my grandson's handicap and hire him for the job he is qualified for. Cerebral Palsy had limited his body movements but his mind is very sharp. Graduated from Johnson & Wales culinary school at the top of his class in business administration.  He works at a McDonalds. Great quote. Thank you for all today's goodies.

AMY  glad you had a good time with your DIL. I would have loved the ice cream you enjoyed. Safe travels today.

JANE  last night I finally shut off the AC and opened the bedroom window with the fan on bringing the cooler air in. The sky is a clear blue and that lets me know the humidity is down at last.

LLOYD  with that heat I would do nothing either.

LARRY  you got fast result for yesterday's vampire visit.  Glad it was good news.

HAL  at least your back yard can get a drink today.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Shirley, in hindsight maybe my timing wasn't great, what with the newborn coming along but....if I hadn't have told daughter, believe you me, that wouldn't have gone down with her well either...If she found out I had kept it from her.....I told her for her own benefit....how many times has a GP asked that question, is, or, has there been, anyone in your family that has had that, or have died from that?

As for me being given up by birth mother, I had no records of her medical history....

June Drabek

Good Morning dear hearts, have caught up on all the news of the day..here on Srs. that is. I still don't know what is going on in the world. I didn't get up till 8 a.m. so skipped my exercises today. Just feeling a bit rebellious today...or maybe that is laziness. Anyhow, I am enjoying a break in routine.

I plan to go down at 10a.m to the coffee klatch. One of my favorite residents is giving a talk, and I know it will be of interest. At 2:45 we have the balance and mobility class, and then tonight at 6:30 a favorite entertainer, Jennifer Hart will play and sing for us. So I will have to look alive today.I'm not hungry, but must eat some breakfast..a small carton of peach yogurt should keep me going till lunch time.

Hope you all have a busy, fun day.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

Interesting that Agnes is on Facebook... 
If someone knows her
name on Facebook,  or
her email address
could you please email it to me at
novocrone@yahoo.com..

So I can send her a friend invitation. 
(I will not share this information with anyone else.)

Thank you!
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

Gloria--Sorry you had one of those nights when your sleep was all chopped up.  It's too darned bad that your grandson, who is so smart, can't get hired at a better paying job.  I have to go to the vampire tomorrow, but don't get the results for a week.

Vanilla-Jackie--Sure is too bad that sharing of medical history wasn't appreciated.

June--Enjoy today's scheduled activities.

Hi Sandy.