Random Image

carshow5.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 24

Started by JoanFL, July 24, 2016, 04:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend  There's a breakfast frittata to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “Farmer’s Market” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Happily Ever After

I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror one evening admiring my reflection.

I posed a question to my wife of 30 years.

“Will you still love me when I’m old, fat, and balding?”

She answered, “I do.”

Food For Thought

Hanging in There
Author Unknown

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Romans 5:3-4
Our wedding anniversary is in July. My wife and I have been married for nearly forty years, but we have a long way to go if we want to catch up with Eddie and Jessie Macon of Stockton, California, who just celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary. Eddie was the first African American player of the Chicago Bears, my city’s football team.
Unlike many celebrities, Eddie and Jessie have remained together through a host of -changes. They survived the Great De¬pression, racial segregation, the loss of a child, and physical ailments. When asked about their secret to a long-lasting marriage, Eddie said, “It is because of the bad times, not despite them, that we have stayed together for so long.”
Nowadays people are too eager to give up in the face of ¬changes or hardships. People give up on their education, career, marriage, and friends all too easily when things do not go their way. Sadly, people treat spiritual matters similarly. People leave their church over a minor disagreement. Others give up on their faith because of peer pressure or feeling that God does not answer their prayers.
Let us not lose heart. “Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all” (2 Corinthians 4:16-17).
Lord Jesus, help us to follow your example of endurance as you walked ¬toward the cross. Fill us with courage to face changes head-on. Amen.

Thought of the Day

“There are two ways to be rich:  One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.”

~ Jackie French Koller

:smitten:

JaneS

Good Morning Joanie and Everyfriend!  I'm running a bit late this morning so I'll just mark my place for later.  We had another cool (good sleeping weather) night and it will be in the mid 90s later today.  My reason for running late is that I decided to nap after the doggies went out and now I have to go get ready for church.  See you all later! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning.
Another cool morning,wish the temperature would stay at 52° but we are to fry again today.The weather guessers have been calling for rain and t storms for the past couple of day and nary a drop of rain we have had.Now I see they are calling for it tomorrow...and we have to drive to the city...

Yesterday I managed to get another scrappy quilt top done..not so sure I would do this pattern again but I did want to try it.

There must be beans to pick today and IF the birds have left me any raspberries I will pick them also plus a nice zucchini I saw peeking out from under a big leaf!

Phyllis, lovely big juicy peach in your graphic!I love going to farmers markets!

Joan thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
you girls got up before breakfast.
Amy i bet it is pretty,just look at the satisfying pleasure of doing it your self.
Have a great day everyone,

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  Good you got a bit more rest this morning after you let the sweet doggies out.

Amy--Good morning.  Here, even the weatherguessers are wishing for rain.  The county where I live on Florida's east coast hasn't had a drop of rain in 22 days, and none is forecast for this week.  What is a "scrappy" quilt?  Lucky you to have those fruits and vegetables to pick.

Good morning, Lloyd.  I don't eat breakfast when I first get up.  I prefer waiting until about 8 a.m.

Joy

Good morning,,  Joan and all.

Thank you for breakfast this morning.  I don't think I have ever had a frittata, so it will be something different for me. 

Beautiful sunny morning, but supposed to get up in the high 90's today.  And, maybe 100 tomorrow.  I will probably stay in and enjoy the a/c.

I see where the old movie , "The White Cliffs of Dover" is on TCM this morning at 8,  so, I will get another cup of coffee and snuggle up in my recliner and watch.  It was always a favorite war movie.

So, have a great day.  Try to stay cool, and hopefully, the ones of you that need rain, will get at least a little shower to help the dryness.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Good Morning,

I woke up before the sun did!   I don't know why.   :D

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day.

JoanFL

Good morning, Joy.  It seems many areas are having unusually high temps.  Enjoy that movie.

Callie--Good morning.  You don't usually wake up before the sun. :)

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a beautiful Sunday  and very warm morning morning that is headed to hot.  We will go to Sunday School and Church this morning and then plan on going to Ruby Tuesday's for a two for one big hamburger meal.  Plan to watch the PGA golf tourney later this afternoon.

Joan, I slept until 4:30 last night, which was better than the 3:30 the night before.  This is something new to me as have almost always slept well although have always been a fairly early riser. 

Gloria, yesterday morning Pat's computer started with with a siren that kept sounding.  I was very concerned that she had picked up a virus or malware of some type as it had that message about calling a number for assistance.  Fortunately it didn't appear to cause any harm and when I closed the browser and reopened it all was fine.  She had clicked ona picture on Pinerest and the problem was apparently downloaded when the picture loaded from her click.

Hal, about 4 years ago I was called to come in to see the Urologist and at that time he told me the cancer was back but my PSA count was very low, as it still is, but now the platelets are going down apparently indicating the cancer is beginning to attack the bones.  Like you whatever the Lord wants for my life is my prayer along with asking for the wisdom to carry out that will.  I have been very specific that I don't want to be kept alive on machines. 

Phyllis, Pat was recently diagnosed with asthma and now uses an inhaler twice a day.  She was finding just moving about was leaving her breathless and tired. 

Jackie, for our last two homes I have insisted that we have a nice flat yard. 

Callie, from what I remember about living in Oklahoma is that getting a breeze was never a problem as it seemed the wind was always blowing.  Of course, during summer that is a very hot breeze.  Taking care of medical appointments can be an almost full-time job, or it seems that way on occasion. 

June, nice that your kitchen and wait staff was given a brief in their routine and it sounds like you all certainly didn't starve.  It sounds like they have a very caring employer, which helps create satisfied employees. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Once again I did not get here last night. Lot of thunderstorms around this state again yesterday/last night and missed here again. My son came yesterday afternoon and said they had a couple of storms Friday night. That is 15 miles from here.

JOAN  I get Thomas' thin bagels, half as thick and lightly toast them, that way they are crispy and not chewy.

HAL  read again, NO RAIN in this area. This town is the forgotten part of the state until they want to build a power plant and “those in charge” decide this would be the town and make plans to build it here. There is already one gas powered plant here and that polluted some waterways around it and started polluting the air. Now the rain is staying away. This once peaceful town is not like it was when I first moved here 66 years ago. I would not want to be kept alive as a vegetable so doctors and hospitals can make more $$$. Get me out of this continual pain and let me go.

PHYLLIS  my door has a peep hole so when someone knocks I can see who it is. I always keep the door locked so no one can knock and walk in. If someone comes into the foyer they have to buzz the apartment of the one they want to visit and we can let them in of not. We are not allowed to let anyone in if we are on the porch and someone we don't know wants us to let him/her in. I have no breathing problems but in this hot and humid weather I feel like I am trying to breathe under water.

JANE  one son rakes leaves in the spring, by then they are pretty much disintegrated.

JACKIE  like you I dislike taking meds especially if they make my mind fuzzy. I want my head to know what my body is doing.

CALLIE  I miss the cross windows. Only have 2 windows here and both face southwest but at an angle that does not get many breezes in. Those neck coolers sound like some thing everyone would love to have. Bet that Mom could make a fortune making and selling them.

JUNE  we are “family” here in the SS. Like all families we care and worry  about each other. Hope your energy returns soon.

JOAN  I could tell you stories about a Monsignor (spelling) wee had once. He turned many away from the Catholic church.

PHYLLIS  not many generous people around like your neighbors.

JANE  I stayed home in the AC yesterday instead of going to my great grandson's first birthday party. It was a cookout and I would not have survived an afternoon out in that heat and humidity. I had told my grandson I would not be there. I had given him some $$ to get something for him because I don't get out to shop. He sent me a video of what he got for him from me and I feel like I was there seeing him play with it.

JOAN  there is a couple that comes here on Mondays for the rosary and on Wednesday we have a Priest for mas and communion one week  and a Pastor the next for those who cannot get out.

SHIRLEY you sound like my son. When he asked me to take care of the stand at harvest time he insisted on paying me. I did not want anything, I enjoyed being there and I got all the apples I wanted. He always found a way to put some $$ in a bag of apples or someplace where I would find it later. Now his father always wanted to get paid for any little thing he did. I told Mike I was not doing it to get paid, I was not like his father.

HAL  when my time comes my family knows I want no wake or funeral, cremate me and be done with me. I have seen too many times when someone dies and people come out of the woodwork to go to the wake or funeral. If you cannot come and visit when I am alive I don't want you there when I die.

PHYLLIS  oh I would love a tree ripened peach. Big difference in taste from what we get in markets. You graphic for this week is the right season for it.

JOAN  will enjoy a frittata this morning. Hanging in There is what we do every day.  Good quote, I must be rich because I desire little. Thank you for all today's goodies.

LARRY  I dislike clicking on links. I rater copy and past them into the browser. Feels like the only times I get out is for a doctor or dentist appointment. I have not been in a store for about a year now. I liked going to the market now I order on line or my son or helper gets things at the store that I need.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  It's hot here, too.  I haven't been to a Ruby Tuesday's in years, but always enjoyed going there when in Arkansas.  I've always been an early riser, too, but these last few years I'm up between 3 and 4 a.m. to use the nebulizer, and that makes a long day.  Gosh, it'd scare me if a siren sound emanated from my computer.

Gloria--Good morning.  I didn't even know you could buy thing bagels.  I'll have to check that out. 
Unfortunately, some who have chosen the clergy for their lives are too impressed with themselves.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

As usual running late.....c u later, Alligator.

Joy

Good morning, Gloria.   Like Joan, I have never heard of the thin bagels. I will have to look for them.  And, I will try toasting them, as you suggested, and spread them with cream cheese.   If I had some lox, I would add that.  I like the smoked lox.  Don't ever think about buying it.  But, it would go good with the thin bagel.

Like you,  we have a secured building where you have to buzz the person you are visiting.  When I moved here, I could pay for an extra fob, which my son has.  Like you, we are not supposed to let anybody in that we don't know. But, I and others have done it before when we can see it is a workman from the phone or utility company or the UPS man.  The mailman has his own fob.   Most of us know different family members of some of the residents.

I still am able to get out to the store, but I really don't like going to Walmart anymore.  I am exhausted after walking that big store. But, I feel like I need to get some walking in, as I know I don't walk enough.  I don't have much problem just going to the regular grocery store.  I do like to go once in a while, as I tend to forget items when I just give my DIL or my son a list. 

I just finished watching the movie,  The White Cliffs of Dover.  It was so good, but sad.   Roddy McDowell and Elizabeth Taylor played the younger children in it.  And, Irene Dunn had the starring role.  A really good war story.  It didn't show much of any fighting.  Beautiful love story.

Have a good day.

Joy

BIG BOX

JoanFL

Good morning, halkel.

Joy--You can have my share of smoked lox.  Tried them--not for me.  Another "whatever floats your boat".  I don't go to Walmart anymore.  The one near me is a Super Store and just too big for me.  I can't walk that much without being breathless.  Glad you enjoyed the movie.

June Drabek

Happy Sunday morning dear hearts. I have been up since 3 a.m. so if you never hear from me again this day, you will now I have crapped out. Feeling really good today,but it won't last I'm sure. Three a.m. is an awful hour to wake up.

About Church rules. I feel most problems are caused by the Rector of the Church. Not the Denomination itself , but the guy that is running the particular building. The one who has felt a glorification of Self in the position. Plus the mean hearted few in the congregation that plants the seed in the Rectors mind or wallet. Very few bad guys in the Service of God, but some people are still sinful in mind body or spirit. I personally will be cremated and my ashes scattered is some remote area. If Gary wants to have a service in his Church out of "respect" or whatever you want to title it, he can do as he likes. For me, I plan to let God take over my Soul and  Spirit. It belongs to Him anyway.

Larry, I admire your attitude toward your illness. You have accepted it bravely and you have won the battle. You are at peace and that is a treasure in itself. God Bless you my friend.

Gloria, my son told me he would never let me suffer from a lingering painful illness. He would call in Hospice. They are legally allowed to give enough medication to keep the patient comfortable. That makes me extremely comfortable to know. You are living your life very similar to what I am doing. Shopping on line, Only going "out" to a dentist or eye doctor. And I am content. I am reading myself lazy though. It feels so good to lay down, or kick back in the recliner and just relax with a book.

Joy, we grew up in an age where the movies meant something. Now it is killing, yelling, nudity, noise. I can't imagine why people go to the theatre.

Bis, my shortness of breath seems to be increasing. Sometimes I feel I am going to pass out, so I bend over and take deep breaths. I practice deep breathing as part of my morning exercise too. Dr. blames the breathing problem on my blood pressure medications. I'm going to ask her about a chest xray they did when I moved here. How is asthma diagnosed ?
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JoanFL

June--You sure are getting lots of reading done.  I believe there are numerous tests necessary to diagnose asthma, but since I am not a medical professional I can't elaborate.  Perhaps you should see a pulmonologist.

JaneS

I went to church at 8 a.m.  I truly enjoy the early service.  Everyone who goes feels like family to me.  We all know names and we have a coffee hour after our service run by LeeAnn and Troy.  LeeAnn bakes and boy is she ever a good baker so we have a treat with our coffee every Sunday.  Then I swung by the Farmers Market and got some things I need and now that I've had my lunch, I'm going to start a cherry pitting party.

I also have one doggie bathed.  She doesn't "tink" any more and boy is she ever soft and fluffy!  After the Cherry Pitting Party, the other one will be in the tub and it will be nice to cuddle them again.

Stay cool...except for you Junee.  You stay warm.  We're supposed to get some rain overnight tonight.  I hope I remember to close my car windows.  I think my neighbor got tired of calling to tell me they're open. 

Lindancer

Good afternoon, I set on the porch early to day and had my coffee and read the Sunday Paper. Then set another hour, just watching the birds, feeding and taking their baths. I had thrown bread out, have a robbin that likes bread, then our resident groundhog, came and ate his share, also took a picture of him, while he looked at me. It was just a peaceful Sunday morning in my backyard.

Larry and Hal, I carry in my wallet a State of NY Dept. of Health DNR in my wallet. My doctor had made it out a few years ago.

Gloria, they say we only have a 30 percent chance of rain to day. I see the movie ForeverAmber is playing to day on TV.  I remember discussing is a few months ago. The book and the movie were both banded by the church.  Now people would say: What for?

Joan, the last few years, my husband had COPD, and on oxagin 24-7 and all the breathing equipment you have.  So I understand what you are going through.  I have asthma, but the hiatis hernia is the main thing with my breathing,  I need surgery for it, but I am to old.  the only other thing lose more weight. It iis so high up, that it is closeing off my lungs.  The doctor has showed me the X Ray, of how bad it is.

Pleade just overlook spelling

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JoanFL

Linedancer--How nice it is that you can sit on your porch, read the paper and enjoy nature.  I am sorry there's nothing that can be done about your hiatal hernia.

Amy

Good afternoon, I took the dogs for a swim this morning,one took to it like a duck to water and the other one well like a boy trying to get out of having his face washed. The water was warm and we were the only ones there!! When we came home the one that didn't care for the water went outside and rolled thoroughly in the dirt..right to the tip of her nose!! Took her in the shower to get that off..lil  stinker.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Amy--Dogs have minds all their own.  The one who didn't want to swim and then rolled in the dirt got surprised--had to take a shower. :)

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Bis, I really don't want to introduce another medical professional into my life, like a pulmonologist. I feel like Gloria de..just too old to do anything serious about it. If I got to the point I couldn't breathe without help I may feel differently, but pretty hard-headed at this point.

Jane…..you have me left out there someplace…what is a cherry picking party, and how does it tie in with bathing a couple of dogs??  Penny just hated having a bath. I would have to risk a tooth attack just getting her into the tub. And cutting her nails was another nearly impossible chore. I would hold her while Ed cut and she screamed through the whole procedure. After Ed died I would take her to the Vet and he would always put a muzzle on her to do any kind of job. She was part chihuahua and part devil.

I still haven't fallen asleep or even dozed and I am not tired. I have been awake for 14 hours, and that is a rare event for me. lt will be interesting to find when and how I will crash. If I do.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

junee

JOANfl.  Hi.greeting you at home today.

JANES.  Feel,for everyone going through the heat at present.
Yes,it is cold here, but I have good heating.

Gloria

I had an interesting afternoon. Son called and told me he would be here in 5 minutes and to be ready to go for ice cream.  Fine a chance to get out for a change.  Had a nice ride into Ct. for ice cream and on the way back we stopped at my grandson's and got a chance to see my great grandson. Gosh he is growing fast.  Ended up have burgers my grandson cooked on the grill. It was much cooler today and the humidity was down so enjoyed the afternoon out. They said it was terrible there yesterday afternoon, lot of people and all outside in that heat and humidity with hardly a breeze.

JOAN  I know the ones I get are Thomas's thin bagels. Don't know if any other company beside Thomas makes them. I like the thin bagels more than their English muffins. That Monsignor was at that church as a young priest and no one liked him then. By the time he came back he was an older version of the young one he was. When he finally left they got a good one in. He used to take a walk every evening and always had a group of kids with him. He just drew everyone to him. They even built a Catholic school and named it for him.

JOY  like I told Joan, I have only seen them made by Thomas. I would never be able to eat a bagel that was not toasted. Like you after awhile we get to know who the visitors belong to so we will let them in. With only 52 apartments by now I know everyone here and recognize their family members. But someone we don't know I would never let in. We cannot buy a second fob and if we lose the one we have will cost $50 to replace it.

JUNE  I don't read many books anymore. If I am not downstairs I am at the computer.

JANE  my son brought me some wonderful cherries yesterday. I would love to pit and freeze some  bit I don
t have a cherry pitter and without it is too much like work. Then these are so tasty they would ever make it to the freezer.

GLORIA de  I read and saw he movie Forever Amber years ago and never saw anything bad in it. People will be people.

AMY  we had a dog once that would go to the stream in back of the house and then find dirt to roll in. She would do that all summer. She would want to come inside then but we would her in her fenced area till she dried up and then brush her before letting her in.

JUNEE  I can take the cold much better than summer heat and humidity.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

June, I bought Cherries yesterday to make Brandied Cherries for Christmas gifts.  Today, was the day I had planned to pit them.  It was a Cherry PITTING party, not PICKING.  And I was the only person there.  Washing the dogs was another thing that I had planned to do today.  And I finished everything that I had planned.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a Senior Fair.  Our Congressional Representative will be there and there is supposed to be a presentation about Social Security and Medicare.  There will also be representatives from several places that offer services to seniors.  I asked several of my friends to go with me but all of them already have things planned.  So I'm going all by myself.  I want to see what they have to say about Med. and SS. 

Also, the rain they promised us overnight has transpired.  It's raining a soft drenching rain.  Thank you God.

And now I'm going to finish up a few things and head off to Dreamland.  Good Night Everyfriend and May God Bless and keep us one and all.

halkel

Dead-gum-it Janie, I wanted to come to that party and be official taster.  Got to have someone to check that the pits are gone.... ::)

June I hope you get a good nights sleep.

Nite, nite all, God Bless and Sweetdreams

Shirley

Sure am glad we start a new week tomorrow!  This last one has been the pits... Found the problem with the ceiling fan and outside dusk to dawn lights.  Somehow the breaker switch was turned off.  Absolute mystery how it happened since NOBODY had been down there that day.  Told my son this morning "somebody is living in my basement..."   but I know that isn't true. 

We had a neighbor lady that kept calling the police because she thought somebody was living in her attic... never any sign of an intruder but she was convinced too many things happening unexplained.  I know they couldn't live in my attic in this heat... and the cats wouldn't go to the basement if anyone else was down there... they freak out when the doorbell rings. 

But, the lights came on tonight & after pushing the breaker switch on, I could hear the fan running as I came up the steps.  Now to find the exact pump for the well so all goes right back without any more hitches.  AC works so life it good~   :snowball:    (Send on the snow, huh, Gloria?)

First off the bat in the morning is the call to Thor to see if the customer service person has any news of their admitting they made the tire switch.... and then the call to the gov agency that does recalls.  After checking with the gov I will decide if I should call the local TV "on your side" crew to see if they want something to chew on, after all, I know I didn't buy the ONLY RV that has a problem & it is not safe to keep taking a chance on flipping with a flat tire!

All this talk about cherries made me think of the cherry tree we had in our back yard growing up.  Dad rigged up a pole with 2 nails on the end & a little tin bucket right under to catch the cherries as we popped them off.  I didn't like anything with cherries but since my husband loved them & supposed to be good for gout, I know how expensive they are to buy.  The house we had after that was where we had the big patch of blackberries, raspberries & dew berries... along with wild strawberries & wild asparagus, apple, pear, persimmon & walnut trees, and Dad had the biggest gardens you ever saw. I think back about being the luckiest kid in the world, talk to my sister and you'd have thought we grew up in different worlds.  She was never outside, had no interest in any of what I remember...  she was the typical "girly-girl", sewed, cooked and always neat as a pin.  I drove her nuts. 

I really wanted to plant some blackberrys in the berm here but need to kill out other stuff.... we have a problem with Bermuda grass taking over everything.  Nice thought but probably won't happen while I'm living here.  Ah, dream on, Shirley.... but that's what keeps me going, that carrot in front of my nose!

I'm not getting much sleep this past week & my "resting heart rate" is up in mid to upper 70s again.  Have to work on that.... and then clean house.  Got stuff from the RV filling every vacant spot because it's too hot to leave in the RV, need to organize.  Love to run away from home but can't find any place cool to go.  Quit whining, Shirley.... this is summer!  'Night all, sweet dreams and God Bless!

Denver

Good Sunday evening to EVERYFRIEND. 

I can not believe I am finally getting in here to post.....it has been a very busy past few days.

Our oldest grandson stayed with us for an over night.  It was wonderful to have him here.  He is a good boy and is a pleasure to spend time with.  He went out and introduced himself to a neighbor and he no sooner came in and she called to tell me how much she enjoyed meeting him. 

Yesterday Dr. Dave called to tell us to get ready as he and the three grand's would be over to pick us up.  We played putt putt golf at the cutest place....nice and shady and so much fun.  Then we went to lunch.  After that we drove through the neighborhood that we lived when Dave was a boy.  Then to a special well known ice cream shoppe.  Then we went to Dave's office and we saw his newest hyperbaric chamber.  He now has three.  The new one is bigger than the other two.  So interesting. 

Today they called and we met them at the Denver Zoo.  We had a wonderful time as the clouds came over and made it bearable to walk around in the heat.

Mark left today for West Palm Beach to do his week at level 2 of the PGA Academy.  He was very excited to be there again. 

SHIRLEY, I certainly wish you the best on your issue with Thor.  This whole thing with that coach has been a night mare for you.  Look forward to your up date. 

LARRY, I am so sorry to read your news.  I never ever expected prostate cancer to return after so many years of being clear.  My Bob is six years out from having seeds and I just assumed it would be free sailing from here.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tomorrow Bob will go get his new crown put on and pay more $$$. 

Thank you, JOAN, for our goodies today.  I enjoyed them as always.

Tuesday is my best friends colon surgery.  She is in good hands as she is having it done by the doctor that did my daughter-in-laws cancer surgery.  If you would hold good positive thoughts and say some prayers for Patti, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you. 
It is nearing mid-night so I must say goodnight.....oh and good morning to you, JACKIE. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"