Random Image

a new day

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of August 7

Started by JoanFL, August 07, 2016, 04:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Angelface--It would be interesting to know what Farrah was trying to communicate.

Vanilla-Jackie--When I had dogs, I always thought what they understood was the tone of my voice.

JeanneP--:)

Janie--Wish we'd get some of that rain.  Good you managed to run between the drops.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Mary Ann

JeanneP, that was funny.  I think I've read that before, but if I liked it once, I should like it again.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

June hasn't been in here today.  I hope she is OK.

Amy

We just had a down pour plus a t storm,  rain came so fast a furious that the ground couldn't take it in and we had puddles on the lawn.Then it settled down for a good soaker.

Love this weather!!!Dogs didn't like the thunder but now they are ok. The temp is cooler so sleeping will be better.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JeanneP

JaneS. I was so small and skinny growing up that they use to say that about me also. Could run between the rain drops.  I feel I could just stand in it if it would rain right now.
JeanneP

JeanneP

JoanFL. They say that all animals go by that but know the tone of each different persons voice. Now my Parrot know mine because he talks back with a Lancashire Accent..
JeanneP

Shirley

Not like June to neglect us for a whole day, Joan..... I'll worry with you.....

Jeanne, we had the Bebe & half moon parrots but never big ones.... lots of other birds but I was never smart enough to teach them to talk.  They understood & were "potty trained" to go in their cages & potty if they wanted to fly around the house or sit on our shoulders.  The blue jay loved McDonald's hamburger & fries... and wouldn't eat other brands. 

JeanneP

I did it again. Just woke up from a one hour nap. It has got to be a habit now.
Never thought I would do it.  Feels so good.
I think that June must be resting more. Can always tell when she can't be attending so many things.  Bet she is back soon.
JeanneP

JeanneP

I had a half moon for a short time. I lost it in a fire a few years back. Just had bought it 5 weeks before so no time to train it.  They are smart birds. I lost 14 birds in that fire and so stopped breeding after that.

Now I had one friend who trained a cat to go use a bathroom stool. Long as the seat left up. Used a spare bathroom.
JeanneP

Shirley

Jeanne, one time when we had our German Shepherd, my husband took her into the restroom with him 'cause I was busy with the kids.  When he came out a man waiting to go in asked if "that dog knew how to use the facility".... to which my smart mouthed husband cracked, "Sure, but we can't get her to flush!"  He was rolling on the floor laughing when we got back in the car.  We used to laugh that "if we ever got the kids as well trained we'd be happy!"   When traveling she rode at my feet & would stick her nose out the wing vent (remember those?) Had a '61 Cad at the time. 

We would make a gas/potty/fast food stop & I usually was the one with her leash & would take her to the closest grass & say, "hurry up" and she would already be squatting down.  She was older than the youngest kid, was the "pick of the litter" from the male's owner so got her at 4 weeks.  She was sure she was human and we shared equally as mothers of those kids.  Cas was boss of us all & she stopped in her tracks to do what ever he said. 

June Drabek

Bis and Jeanne, I am here..sort of. Started the day off well at 5 a.m. had a good shower and shampoo, got fully dressed, went down to get my mail, then on to order more replacement of daily med, on to return some books to our library, picked up some fresh fruit, bread and cereal from the dining room, them home to let the complete weariness take a rest. Felt so out of it again. I'm wondering now if I am having more thyroid problems...seems I recall this complete tiredness when they discovered and removed a parathyroid back in the 80's. I'll talk to my doctor about it when I see her on the 24th. I'm not telling them how I feel at our clinic, as I don't want to be sent off to the hospital again.

Other than that it has been another lovely day here. I am resting and reading my eyes tired, but life goes on. And I am thankful.

Bis, when I think of the dear lady with MS, braces on her legs, metal crutches attached to her arms, and caring for a husband with Alzheimers, I see a real life Earth Angel. And she painted her rooms....God love her. And I know He does, and she must love God very much to trust Him as she does.

I'm hoping to have the energy to get to Chapel tomorrow, I'll just have to take the day as it develops.

I hope to get back to say Goodnight, but if the body says SLEEP, i will do so. I love you all so very much and so thankful that I have you all in my life. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JeanneP

June.  Now I like to take days and not do anything. In this heat I am getting many of them. So if you don't feel like being on the go, just relax.
Always good though to bring up with your Dr. if you are just feeling tired all the time. You seem to be keeping up though. Do more than I do although I still live in a house and lots of work needs doing at times. Soon going to get someone to help with cleaning. Getting I don't care to do it anymore.
Good rest tonight and I bet you make church tomorrow.
JeanneP

JaneS

Jeanne P, I never did like to clean.  I've always said, "I love seeing my house clean but I don't want to make it that way." 

I'm here to say...Good Night Everyfriend!  I've seen Michael Phelps win his 23rd (and he says) his last Gold Medal in Olympic swimming.  He's a phenomenon!  And now I'm off to Dreamland.  Tomorrow will be a busy day so I'm going there as fast as I can.  Sleep well, my friends and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

Another late night HELLO to EVERYFRIEND. 

Good morning, JACKIE and JUNEE. 

We started off the day going to Grandson Luke's "friends" birthday party.  They all bowled and ate some yummy food.  I did not expect the bowling alley to have good food, but they did.  Tonight we decided to take a break from the Olmpics and go to a outdoor concert. The group did a tribute to The Eagles.  The were very good and we enjoyed it very much.  It was beautiful outside, but towards the end a jacket sure would have felt good. 

JOAN that is a frightful amount of money that it cost for you to send Kate's briefcase to her.  I had to return 2 bathing suits to a mail order company in order to get a refund rather than store credit...it cost me $25. With insurance.....and I thought that was terrible. 

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny....
.....good morning - good night..... :hello:
Saw a strange object 5.45 am this morning in the sky...the sky was clear, no sign of any sun shining through, I looked up as I was keeping an eye on the dogs in the back garden when a yard long very slim straight line of an orange -gold moved slowly diagonally along the sky, it moved slowly as a high up plane would move...just that I am baffled at the gold trail that was moving along with it...It kept to the yard long length as it moved, the gold trail did not widen nor lengthen, as of the vapour grey-white planes trails do....I have no Idea what I saw....It has sure left me baffled....The sky was light, not dark, there was nothing else in the sky, no stars, just a clear sky and this slow moving yard long slim orange-gold trail, I could tell there was something tiny at the front....never seen anything like this before...
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

A new week for Soda Shoppe begins HERE.