Random Image

Lunch Time

Owner: RAMMEL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:35:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of August 14

Started by JoanFL, August 14, 2016, 04:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend.  There's sausage biscuits to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “Summer in the Country” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Arguments

A man complains to a friend, "I can't take it anymore."

"What's wrong?" his concerned friend asks.

"It's my wife. Every time we have an argument, she gets historical!"

"You mean hysterical," his friend said, chuckling.

"No, I mean HISTORICAL," the man insists. "Every argument we have, she'll go "I still remember that time when you ...."

Food For Thought

Just Being There
(Author Unknown)

As mother looked out the window, she noticed Mrs. Martin's rocking chair on the porch.

"That ol' rocking chair looks so lonely with Mrs. Martin gone. She was an awfully good neighbor and we'll miss her", she said.

Little Roger spoke up and told his mommy he was going to go see Mr. Martin. His mother discouraged little Roger trying to explain it was too soon after Mrs. Martin's death.

Little Roger replied, "but mommy, I'm a big help to Mr. Martin."

"How are you a big help Roger?" she asked.

Little Roger proudly smiled and said........"I help Mr. Martin cry!"

Thought of the Day

"Some Christians try to go to heaven alone, in solitude. But believers are not compared to bears or lions or other animals that wander alone. Those who belong to Christ are sheep in this respect, that they love to get together. Sheep go in flocks, and so do God's people."

- Charles Spurgeon

:smitten:

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm just going to mark my space this morning because I have to get my day started.  It's going to be busy and HOT!

Have a good start to your day and make it a good one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning evryone.
Ovr cast and muggy but they are not calling for more rain today. Yesterday was lovely with it raining most of the day. My rain barrel is full now :thumbup:

A day of rest here and meals will be quick,no oven on today. Have  some field tomatoes that will make a nice toasted tomato sandwich for lunch.

Phyllis, love the "Summer In The Country"

Larry, hope Pat is feeling better today.

June, hope you are also feeling better today.

Joan , thank you for breakfast

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  Hope you enjoy your busy day.

Amy--Good morning.  Sure wish we'd get a portion of the rain you've received.  I often make a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.  Your mention of a toasted tomato sandwich triggered my taste buds.:)

phyllis

Good morning!  Another hot and sticky day.  Summer in the South is not my favorite time of the year.

Had a scare a few days ago and thought I was having a heart attack.  I had an EKG that showed no problems but  I'm wearing a heart monitor now even though my dr. and I think it was caused by something else.  It's better to check and make sure, we both think.  Doing better than I was a few days ago but I must say I'm getting weary of so many medical appointments.

Thank you, Amy, for liking the graphic this week.

Good to see June checking in and letting us know she is tired but OK.

Joan, that is a horrendous price to pay for postage on the work case.  But I'm sure your DIL is relieved to have it back.

After a busy week I'm glad to be staying in and relaxing today.  Hope all of you will enjoy your day, too.

I'm enjoying some of the Olympic events but not watching all the time.  I like the golf and the swimming and some other things but not too interested in beach volleyball, etc.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a beautifully clear but very warm morning here in South Carolina.  I will go to Sunday School and Church in a short while.  I fixed breakfast for Pat and myself, watered my plants and started to unload the dishwasher only to discover I hadn't turned it on last evening.  I will pick up a good lunch for us and then plan a quiet afternoon and evening.  Pat had a rough night and although she tried for a couple of hours, couldn't stand to stay laying down in bed.  I am so thankful she has a comfortable easy chair where she can be without pain.

I have enjoyed reading the interesting postings from you all.  However, am short on time today so will give everyone a break with this short posting (certainly not my typical). 

JoanFL

Good morning, Phyllis.  I am sure glad you didn't have a heart attack and hope nothing shows up while you are wearing the monitor.  It's hot and sticky here, too--weatherguessers say hottest summer in decades--it certainly is the hottest since I moved here.  I was floored at the postage cost to send Kate her work brief case.  I left with $50 cash in my wallet, thinking that would be plenty.  Thank goodness I had my credit card.

Larry--Good morning.  I am so sorry that Pat is in so much pain.  Thank the Good  Lord she can sleep in her chair without the intense pain.

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a day of thunderstorms here.  Just heard on TV there was another one early-2AM that I slept through. Every time I turned the TV or PC on here came another one. More predicted for today. Going to be be another 100+ heat index.

JOAN  I think those Microsoft emails I am getting are fishing/scams. Got a new one yesterday, phone call from HP. Telling me my PC is sending them a report that I have a virus on this computer. Really? They will replace this lemon and it will only cost me $300-. Right. I would have to pay them and then they would send a replacement computer I must be a target right now.

JANE  it was not the bold it was the red you used that made me say ouch.

HAL  since no one else got those emails from Microsoft I thought it a hoax and I deleted them anyway.

PATRICIA  I deleted those emails the way I do others. Just click delete, no red X there deleting. I am still checking files to see if I can find those 10 DLLs you sent me and cannot not find.

PHYLLIS  beautiful graphic again.

JOAN  thank you for all today's goodies.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

halkel

Morning All!   Just marking a spot, off to church pretty quick.

CallieOK

Chia

Vanilla-Jackie

Callie K.....
... I recognise those pair of arms anywhere....there is no hiding from us... ;D

Chia.....
... thank you, I have done my bit..... :thumbup:
" There is no present like the time "

June Drabek

Sunny, Sunday Morning. We are scheduled for  90 degrees today so my A C will get a workout today. So far I have poured an overflow of water into my coffee maker so had to clean that mess up. Mr. Coffee worked fine in spite of his morning shower.

I am feeling more human today, so am planning to go down for Chapel, if I stay feeling good. Life is full of surprises though so we go step by step. Thanks to Jeannep and Amy for your kind wishes. I am finding nothing in an aging life is for certain , so we step by step one day at a time and be very thankful.

Phyllis, I will be looking for your posts, praying for Good News. Hugs.

As long as we are here, let's dance.

JoanFL

Good morning, Gloria.  It's odd that only you are getting those emails/calls from Microsoft.  I'd be happy with a thunderstorm if it brought considerable rain.

Good morning halkel and Callie.

Chia--I'm sure those interested will follow your link.

Good morning June.  Must be Mr. Coffee needed a bath.:)  Hope you feel well enough to go to Chapel.

angelface555

Good morning everyone from a nothing  new here Interior!

Gloria, I would check to see if you have recently gotten an extra toolbar. Sometimes an extra will come with a download and it is similar to a bookmark for scammers. I will resend you an email for those dlls.

JoanFL

Good morning/afternoon, angelface.

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO.

It has been a very busy morning, but now I have some time to relax and do something fun. 

JACKIE, I have no idea what the streek could have been.  I thought maybe it was the light of the day that gave the color on the trail, but it is strange that if it were a vapor train that it stayed thin and intact.  Maybe it was on the horizon, rather than over head?

We have been having beautiful meteor showers here all night long.  They are amazing. 

Thank you JOAN, for our goodies this morning. 

LOL, CALLIE.  Jackie recognized your arms!  I would love to see a picture of the finished Bronco.....how sweet.  I am happy for your son. 

Thank you, PHYLL, for the nice graphic.  I am so glad you did not have a heart attack, but concerned if there is some underlying thing going on.  Thoughts and prayers for you for a good report from your heart monitor. 

Everyone enjoy your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Made it to Church this morning and glad I did...excellent sermon. I planned to go to luncn. looked at the menu and changed my mind, came home got into comfy clothes and heated up so canned dinner.

Hope all is well with all of you. Jenny, I wish I could have watched the meteor showers with you, sounds wonderful.

Have a great rest of the day dear ones, I am going back to my book where I can read about, and be involved, in the mystical lives of the the fictional human beings

JaneS

WHAT A DAY THIS HAS BEEN!  This might sound vague to all of you but that's the way it has to be right now.  I had a caller earlier today and he was God's angel in disguise!  He told me some things about my granddaughter and what he told me was the answer to a prayer that I've been praying for several years.  Never give up on your prayers because they WILL be answered in God's time.  What might have been a tragedy turned into something good!  I can't stop crying today but it's all happy tears.  Rejoice with me even if you don't know why you are rejoicing.

GOD IS GOOD TO ME!

JoanFL

Jenny--You folks are busy bees.

June--Glad you made it to church.  Too bad nothing on the menu appealed to you.

Janie--I am sooooooo happy for you and will rejoice with you.

halkel

Amy

Jane
You made my eyes leak with happiness for you..........YES.....God is good.......
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lindancer

Good eveing, I am just marking my week.  This heat is doing a job on me. Tomorrow I have to go out in this heat, as I have to have my leg check on again.

I spent the day watching golf, great day for the USA, we were a metal winner.  Yesterday it did not look like we would be even close. Going to end this as I am very tired, I will take shower and go to bed.  Oh!  MaryPage did you see Chesapeake Shores starts to night on HallMark. It sound like it is going to be good.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Janie, I am so glad you got good news today. I have felt you were carrying a burden...or several burdens...for some time now, and I thank God it is over with. God is Good. He is always in charge despite what grief comes into our lives, and He gave you the patience and strength to wait.

JaneS

Thank you all! 

June, it's not over and maybe never will be but it's going to be better now.  God says so! 

Good Night Everyfriend!  May He bless you with His peace as He has blessed me.

halkel

Well the new week has begun, and good beginning it seems.  Ahead lies Monday and the beginning of lots of appointments for not only me but my family.  The whole rest of the month is full of doctors appointments.  An early one in the morning with the eye doctor at 8:20.  But that may be good, I should be one of her first appointments and she is notorious for running behind.  So maybe I will get back home in some reasonable time period.

Well lots of rain around, and I do men around, we have been sitting in a hole the last few days and everyone around us is getting nice rain.  Saturday we got just enough to wet the ground and the lawn guy left and returned today and left again, I guess he though we weren't home from church.  Anyhow no rain at all here but poured all around us.  I just checked RADAR and we should be getting some rain, but I guess it isn't making it to the ground, although the dog went out and came back damp.....damp not wet.

Anyhow, off to bed for me I am tired.

Nite, nite, God Bless and Sweet Dreams.

June Drabek

Good night Janie and Hal and all. I have been grocery shopping on line and it has worn me out like I had been walking up and down the aisles. I can't figure out why I have to snoop the pages so much...always looking for the "best buys" I guess. Just can't release the thrifty side of me.

Have a peaceful night my friends, and God willing, we will meet again tomorrow. Hugs, Love and Prayers, June

Vanilla-Jackie

Jane S......
......as my late father would often say..." you talk in riddles..." meaning you are not making things clear, I am not understanding......I am aware you have been under some stress, possibly with friend or family member, just reading between the lines....But yesterday out from the blue a guardian angel turned up and gave you the answers you have been looking for, what a miracle, I cant use any other word to describe it....And yes, never give up on God coming to our aid, he will come to our aid when we least expect it.....I too rejoice along with you....At last you can see things clearer now...you are going in the right direction...

Jenny......
.....I will assume it was just a very high up passenger plane, although it is even rare to spot a plane going overhead anytime of the day, we are not in a flight path, but we do often get military helicopters going over quite low, now those you definitely do hear.....It just threw me with its long thin and even orange-gold yard long tail, just never seen this before....I told R to quickly look out his bedroom window but, by that time it was out of view, even R said he has never seen nor heard of an orange-gold coloured trail before following a passenger plane...I told him, the trail wasnt fluffy along the edges, nor did it fan out wide at any point, just the same size following along behind it...

Halkel.....
......I dont envy you with your week - month long Doctor-Hospital appointments....but then I dont know whats worse, get them done and dusted as soon as possible or, have to wait three months to get seen, either way, we dont need nor want them, do we?.... I just think of these as a social life now....at least it gets us out, if there is a bright side to them.....

Sun.....
......hope all is improving with you, re, your damaged and bandaged arm....I have been missing your early morning posts for the last month....

Junedrabek.....
....glad to hear you were more perkier and human yesterday, " back in the land of the living," as my late father would often say.....

LarryHanna.......
......hoping your Pat had a reasonable nights sleep, and less pain than of late....You have been a very caring husband to be holding the fort as you have over the last few days.....but then there is only so much you can do....

Phyllis.....
....that was a nasty scare you had, thank heavens it wasn't a heart attack, never the less, it is still an unwelcome warning sign....
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.  There's DDs to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

CHUCKLES

Homeless

The homeless man stopped a man on the street and asked, "Will you please give me $4,000 to buy a cup of coffee?"

"What?" asked the man. "Isn't that a lot of money for a cup of coffee?"

"Yes," said the bum, "but I like to eat in drive-in restaurants, and I don't own a car!"

Food For Thought

The Price of Freedom

Scripture Reading: Mark 5:6-17
The people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.
Mark 5:17
After Jesus freed a man from demon possession, the people of the town saw two things: a man clothed and in his right mind, and a herd of two thousand pigs drowned in the sea. Fear captured their hearts. They responded by pleading with Jesus to go away. It is a sad commentary when a society is more concerned about economic interests than seeing their brothers and sisters in their right minds.
Are we any different? Are we passionate about sharing with others the good news of God’s love for us all? Is making disciples a priority for us and our church community? Or are we too afraid of the economic and social cost? Discipleship has a cost that some are not willing to pay.
Fear caused the people of the town to ask Jesus to leave. They may well have been thinking, “If it cost two thousand pigs to restore one madman, what will it cost to have Jesus do more in our town?”
One rescued life is priceless. It is exhilarating. God’s kingdom has advanced where hell had a foothold. The light has pierced the darkness.
What has it cost Jesus to save us? What are we willing to do so that people can be saved? Where can we make change happen?
Lord Jesus, thank you for the great love you showed for the afflicted man who needed your help. Thank you for dying in our place to pay for our sin. Help us to be willing to pay the price of following you into the life of freedom. In your name, Amen.

Thought of the Day

“Remember, for everything you have lost, you have gained something else.   Without the dark, you would never see the stars.”

~ Author Unknown