Random Image

hannahs twins

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Gatherings and Meeting Friends~Old and New

Started by Jeanne Lee, August 24, 2016, 01:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeanne Lee

Have you met a new S&F friend, or one you've known for a long time - for lunch, for coffee, for a day or a weekend?  Let's see some photos!  :)

Do you have some memory photos from "days of yore"?  Someone you used to know in SeniorNet?  One of those fun SeniorNet Bashes?  This is a good place to post them. 

Remember, if you need any help posting photos just let me know.   :thumbup:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Beverly

Posting one of my favorites to get things started. The problem is, I'm not sure how many of these will be remembered by current members.

The Dumdiddy Girls

Adrienne Jonas, India, Gladys Barry, P. Roe Wyatt, Pat Howe and Pat Scott (India's last name has slipped my mind!) Only Adrienne and Pat Scott are left.  :(

Beverly

Pat Scott Halbach with drawing of the famous Bus!!

RAMMEL

I remember some of them. Time seems to fly by so fast - seems like yesterday we all were posting.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

junee

I remember that choir . It was the Bash in Calgary and it was such a well,organised Bash.

I have a superb photo taken by Franz when we were all at the station. Will attemp to send it to Jeanne Lee.  Callie and Pat Scott will remember it well.

Jeanne Lee

MaryPage

I have a lot of photos, but not on my computer.  That was India O. Brown.  She was a lawyer.  Arkansas.  Her husband was Sparky.  I corresponded with her a lot.
I also have a video somewhere.  Of the Williamsport bash.  Ardie had those made up, as I remember

CallieOK

JaneS

I have that video of the Williamsport Bash also.  There are some photos of Montreal on my computer but I'm too tired to do that now. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

angelface555

I have the video as well, was it from Adrienne?

Here is my friend Karren Hill and her husband Monte. I miss Karren.

[attachimg=1]

CallieOK

I remember the Dum-Diddys and recognize the picture at the station in Calgary.

GinnieB,  Helona and I met a lot of SeniorNetters as they traveled through Oklahoma.  We also went to Bashes in Tucson, Calgary and Montreal.
On a trip to New England,  ToniLee "kidnapped" me from the tour group to meet some SeniorNetters for lunch.

JeanneLee, if you don't mind,  I'll need to send pictures to you for posting.  I promise not to overload you.

Vanilla-Jackie

I certainly remember that photo of our Karren Hill, now that has really touched my heart....
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Eloise DePelteau

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Bunnie who was so good at PSP

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Claire - Winsum

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Joy

Nice to see all those familiar faces.   I never got to any of the bashes, but I know they must have been a lot of fun. 

I miss corresponding with Karren Hill, also.  She became a good friend.  Also, Pat Howe was a Marylander and I was in touch with her several times.  When they had the various individual state forumns,  between her and I,  we got the Maryland forumn started.  She and Doug were very active in a historical organization up in the Northeast part of  Maryland.  They used to have festivals where they would dress up in the period of the time and give talks about that time period of our American history. I forget what the particular name of the group was, but they were very active.  Then they moved to Florida.

Will look forward to more nostalgic pictures.   

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

I miss Karren, too.  She was such a nice, caring person.

And, Bunnie, too.  She was always willing to help.

I never made it to a bash either but remember so many of these people from Sr.Net.  Nice to see the faces that belonged to the names but sad that so many of them are no longer with us.
phyllis
Cary,NC

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Rae

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

aalice - rae - fran

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]
Gladys and Robby

Radioman34

MaryPage

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Jeanne Lee

From MaryPage:

This is Fairwinds (she lived in Colorado and France) here in Annapolis
with Pat Howe.

Jeanne Lee

From MaryPage:

This is me, MaryPage, with Gordon and Anne Graham of South Carolina.  We are
eating at Pusser's here in Annapolis with a few other SeniorNet friends in a
small gathering.  NOT a Bash!  Just a luncheon get together of Fairwinds,
the Grahams, the Howes (who had a son who had graduated from the Naval
Academy here, and they knew their way around my town) and moi.

Jeanne Lee

Aren't these wonderful?  So many names and faces I remember from days long past, although I never had the chance to meet anyone personally.  Keep them coming, folks!   :thumbup:

MaryPage

Thanks, Jeanne Lee!
I remember particularly that day that Doug Howe made a ring out of a dollar bill and presented it to Fairwinds.  She promptly put it on her finger and kept it there!  No flies on HER!
Did he ever make one for any of you?
If you go to a grocery store and see a drink in the drinks aisle called IZZIE, that was invented by Fairwinds son, in Colorado, and named for her granddaughter, Isabelle.  I remember when they started up, and we were all so happy it turned into a success story.  Last I heard, Fairwinds had retired to France, and was no longer posting.  I don't remember whether she ever came to Seniors & Friends or not.

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

The lively Gladys

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

Pat Howe