Random Image

twins

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of September 11

Started by JoanFL, September 11, 2016, 05:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Callie, she is very entertaining! She carries toys in her mouth, sits up on her haunches and just flings them out before she actively runs them down again! She loves those paper grocery bags! She is very verbal, very active and will come up to you, sit, and just stare at you until you notice her and see she wants you to play with her.

I am so glad I didn't take the offer to trade her in on a friendlier cat!

JaneS

Okay, all you Southerners...

When my parents moved to Virginia, one of my Dad's coworkers told him that the reason he was late picking him up was that his friend had a problem and he "toled him off to Bowling Green".  What did he mean by that?  My Dad thought he was doing what we call "bawling out" all the way (35 miles) from where they lived to the town of Bowling Green.  That's a lot of scolding!

I've delivered my package to Bridget and we had a nice lunch at Appleby's (her choice).  Spending a couple of hours with Bridget is definitely not dull.  She never lacks for a subject.  I learned all the news about her family, my nephew's family and her grandparents.  I learned all about her roommates and her classes and some about her teachers.  I liearned some campus gossip (nice stuff) and what things look different this year. 

I did wonder, midway through the meal, what it might be like if we put Bridget, Shirley Jackie and Gloria in the same room for about an hour.  They might be able to solve the worlds problems....ya think?  And this is a compliment to all of you because I dearly love this gal and would be proud to claim her as my own every day of the year.  As I would be proud to claim ALL of EVERY Friend here as a brother or sister every day.  Maybe I'd put June in that room, too!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

Forgot to mention that Bridget also asked a lot of questions about her cousins, uncles and aunts up here.  We had fund!

June Drabek

Tisie, my computer tells me the Quakers have Care facilities in Riverton, kansas, and Baxter Springs, Kansas. The Quakers are not the Mennonites to the best of my knowledge. I'm sure we could find that out on the computer too. My place was titled Quaker Gardens when they first established here in Stanton, Ca., but they changed the name to Rowntree Gardens, so all religious affiliations would feel welcome. I hope this is of some help to your relatives, and the computer is your best place to investigate further.

Bis, yes, our Church Service did speak of the 9-11 disaster, and I think most of us felt it in our hearts seriously. I can see it in my minds eye to this day.

Janie, I would be very hurt if I didn't have a spot reserved in "that room". Thank you !

After Church I went for a Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and good company. Brought home enough turkey for tonights supper, plus some fresh fruit,all cut up and ready to eat, plus a slice of Pecan pie. I will have to pick out the nuts and through them away, but will thoroughly enjoy the rich filling. No sooner did I have that packed away, when I went down for a Communion Service given to us by the Lutheran Church and enjoyed that service. Came home all worn out and swore to change clothing and just rest. Surprise !!! I had forgotten I was due for a bandage change, so back downstairs to the Clinic I went. YAY !!! I won't need a bandage anymore. The Nurse said my skin was reacting to the tape, and that was causing the itching I had…lI was not surprised…had suspected that tape all along. Now I am home again, Have read all the messages and answered where I tried to remember who said what, but my brain seems to be sound asleep. So I am going to lay me down and let happen whatever happens.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

angelface555

I ended up going to the potluck and it was a doozy! The company assigns funds to the building hospitality committee and they take it from there. Four grills going, salmon steaks, ribs, chicken or hamburgers and hot dogs. Several types of available condiments and sauces.

All the usual salads, potato, macaroni, green and coleslaw. And different types of chips. Plus several cakes and cupcakes, jello and vanilla, strawberry, chocolate ice cream. No diets allowed there!

There were some drunks, four or five that gathered across the street watching and were probably wishing for an invite, but no go. We had a cloudy day and brisk winds, so of course, the guys were in Tshirts or short sleeves and all the women were in coats. Instead of sitting outside, I joined the group inside at the social room.

We sang happy birthday to one of the guys and a girl mentioned her eighty-first was tomorrow. I then remembered, according to her tags, that Farrah's fifth birthday is tomorrow. I'll have to buy her a new felt mouse or a new supply of paper grocery bags!

JoanFL

Janie--I honestly don't know what "toled him off to Bowling Green" means.  Sounds like you and Bridget had a great time.

June--You certainly had a good meal after church.

Angelface--Your place really put on a spread.  Everything sounds good to me.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Denver

HELLO to EVERYFRIEND. 

REMEMBERING with much sadness of 15 years ago..... Even though I have been privileged to visit New York City twice since that horrible day, I still can not believe it happened.... First time was approximately 3 weeks after and the smell was awful, not to mention viewing the smouldering of the site.  Then last year we were able to go view the memorials......words just do not say the way I felt standing there at the site of this awful happening.  We will NEVER forget this day, but it seems that many have forgotten how we all became so patriotic and were a nation undivided!  Seeing all the candles lit in the windows, and OUR AMERICAN FLAG waving as we drove all over New Englad was just so heart warming!

GLORIA de, my thoughts and prayers for you during the anniversary time of the death of your son.  I can not even imagine the pain of loosing ones child, but I am well aware that many of my dear friends in this folder have, and my heart aches for all of you.  The young ones and the older ones...I am sure the pain is the same.  Bless you all. 

Today is also GRANDPARENTS DAY. Although it has never been recognized by my family to me, I do wish all of you that are blessed to be grand parents a good one.  Grand parents certainly do fill a very important part in their grand's lives.....as the grand's do for us. 

Yesterday was quite the day for us.  We drove down to Colorado Spring to the Air Force Academy and joined in the most wonderful patriotic experience.  It was a beautiful day!  Of course the main reason we were there was to watch our Granddaughter Kate cheer with the cheer leaders.  She had so much fun......thank you, BEVERLY, for acknowledgeing seeing her picture on FB.  G & G were pretty darn proud.  On our drive down the Interstate 25, we all of a sudden were in a parking lot....must have been a accident.  We decided to get off and take another rode, that happened to take us through a place called Palmer Lake.  We both enjoyed seeing the area and planned to take a drive down there again soon. 

GLORIA, if you could only know how many times we mention your name as we view pretty mountain sights as we travel along.... It is not possible to share them all with you, but I sure wish I could. 

ANGELFACE, I am one that also ðŸ'—ðŸ'—ðŸ'— reading what you share with us about your Farrah.  I am sure thankful that you did not "exchange" her for a friendlier kitty!  You have helped her to be a very special girl and I am SO happy for you both.  Oh, and I am also glad that you decided to join in on the potluck....wow, it sounded very nice and the foods that were shared must have been so yummy.

SHIRLEY. I feel just as you do.... I can't possibly acknowledge everyone that I would like to as I feel I am too wordy as I am.  I do have to add that I sure wish I could share your beans.....I absolutely ðŸ'— Beans....but you can keep the corn bread....not that I do not like it, but it is a EXTRA, and I would rather eat more beans!

Like Our June, and others that may have said the same, I enjoy reading every post here, no matter what the content and also try to take the words written with the intent that I feel they are written. 
Occasionally I have felt that something I have posted was not acknowledged, when I thought there would be comments....but tried to assume that what I say can not be commented on every time. 😍

Oh I know there are more things I would like to say, but will save it for later....IF I can remember! 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Happy Birthday to Ms Emily, CALLIE.  Thank you for our goodies, JOAN. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

Jenny, Thank you - and Joan - for the birthday wishes for Miss Emily.  From now until February, she'll just be a year younger than Miss Ellen.
I also saw pictures of your Kate on Facebook.  What an honor for her and a thrill for her grandparents.
I'll trade you my beans for your cornbread...and please pass the butter.

Janie,  sounds as you and your Bridget are like my granddaughters and I.  As they used to say when they were very small,  "Gammy,  I 'splain it to you" - and then they would 'splain it for about 15 minutes.  Special times!

"Told him off" is the same as "bawled him out" or "gave him 'what for'" or "didn't mince words" or "got his point across or "expressed his feelings in a meaningful way."     :tickedoff:

Angelface,  the grilled salmon steaks made my mouth water!  I think I ate salmon every day on my tour of Alaska.  YUM!

I've just been out removing scraggly, bloomed-out plants from my pot garden.  It is a gorgeous evening in central Oklahoma. Almost makes me wish I had more to do......but I'm sure I'll get over it.   ;D

Shirley

You are right, Callie, no self-respecting cornbread would have sugar in it.... I thought it was awful first few times I had to eat it when visiting "The South".  Learned to love it and so many other southern foods. 

Jackie, I don't mean to make light about MS but since you are nearer my daughter's age (she will be 61 in January) than mine, and I know she doesn't want to believe ANY of her problems are related to AGE, I have to tease you like I do her.  Being 60-ish you are just starting to deal with the normal process of aging and like you both, it doesn't seem that long ago (I was 21 when she was born) in one sense & yet when you & she mention some of the changes, I had forgotten how uneasy I was at the time.  Now I blame everything on AGE... from losing things and forgetting what I rushed to the other end of the house to get, to all of a sudden finding I didn't have the strength to pull the staple gun that I had completely insulated a house with.

I am having a terrible time with my eyes right now and think partly my own fault.  When I had my check up with the opthamologist I told him I was having trouble reading the street signs when driving, so thought my glasses were not strong enough for that distance.  I've been wearing the new ones since last January and realize they are too strong, my eyes are not adjusting to them and springing back to normal vision so too many blurred spells.  I am a little near and far sighted but it is the far distance that I need driving glasses.  I still read without glasses but have bifocals to be able to check a map.  I finally realized that I should have mentioned to the eye doctor that just maybe if I slowed down I could see/read those street signs better, not so much stronger glasses.

Yes, Joan, I forgot about the buttermilk & cornbread and term "sweet milk".   White bread was store bought bread, not what you served company.    My husband had absolutely no accent and only when we visited "home" did he use any of the expressions of that world.  His mother, brother & all of his friends sounded like the most southern drawl you ever heard and I know his aunt deliberately went into that mode for me & the kids as we giggled and enjoyed the new words and "slang of the south".   The language difference was as great as it was with my Missouri "twang" in England, we didn't speak the same English~

Patricia, I wish these cats had learned to play.  At one time Lauren would play outside with Cas and chase one of the long plumes from the Pampas grass as he'd wiggle it in front of her.  Tiger will sit up to see something but it's rare, she just pops up on the wooden part of the pool fence to see over or sits as high as she can.  I think Farrah learned more people skills because you are her best friend where Tom & Tiger have always had each other to cat talk to.  Only since the trips in the RV has Lauren cat watched and decided they do have more fun.  I am happy she enjoys their company since she has been so lonely without Cas.  My son would agree with you about the hot & spicy mustard, he got that from his father.  I'm not a mustard eater very often & at best, just the bland yellow kind.  Your grilled salmon sounds wonderful.  I have yet to buy salmon here in the middle of the country that smelled fresh so gave it up.

Amy, how did a northern girl like you learn to love beans & cornbread?  I agree with you about getting plenty of exercise hunting for things.  I went so far last week to send e-mail with a photo in search of a missing bowl.  Have a pair that stack & with two can store a big batch of any of my specialities.  Nobody had it but knew which one I was looking for.  When cleaning & putting things away in the RV a couple days ago I found that bowl in a top cabinet.  NOW I remember taking a bowl of frozen, cooked pork loin when the boys & I went camping to CO.  With all the uproar of frig door falling off in my hand on the trip out & having the inside dual tire flat when we got home.... and all that went into fixing, I never did do the routine RV cleaning out.  SO will blame the hunt on AGE, on STRESS or whatever... it's found & back in place holding a pot of beans & ham.

Time to end this book & go feed cats.  This meal is the rotisserie chicken plus a spoon full of canned (people) salmon.  They will be back later to share Friskies canned salmon pate' & whatever else if they act real hungry. I was surprised Tom & Tiger actually ate some of the dry food last night... indoor complete.  I noticed they were looking for a certain grass their mother told them to eat before she left them with us.

Before I forget, thank you June for the information and thank you, JaneS, for including me with the talkative bunch....  I do admit to wanting to solve the problems of the world is everyone would just listen & obey!!!

Jenny, my youngest son was just out that way (CO Springs) & was the first time he visited that area, his "significant other" ran the Pike's Peak race, (she made it to the end).  I have not been there yet but will add it to my bucket list.  I will have to live to 120 to take care of that growing bucket list.  With this post I will button my mouth for the rest of the day.... sorry, been lazy sitting here so have enjoyed visiting.

Lindancer

Good evening, I am just in here to say Good Night, I wrote a long post to day, but do not see it. I will write more to morrow.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

I lay me down to read, and instead had a nice long nap. Can't seem to wake up, but unless I want to stay awake half the night I'd better shape up.

Patricia, your residence really knows how to splurge on a barbeque. I'm sure everyone went home well sated. Twice a week they have one outside on our Patio, but not with the variety of foods you had. However no one goes hungry here or there.

I wish I could wake up.......

angelface555

June, the company allots a certain amount of money to the building's hospitality committee. That committee does all the work from purchasing, setting up, cooking and serving plus clean up and delivering to shut-ins. There is a communal meal for Easter, July 4th., Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. They keep good records which are sent to the building's central council yearly and back to the company's bookkeeper.

Since we just had a Labor Day potluck, they either had extra cash or are expanding this year. Someone nominated my name for Building Council secretary this year, but I asked to be withdrawn as I was heavily involved last year and plan on sitting this year out!

JaneS

Thanks for the effort, Callie but we all know about being "told off".  That's why my Dad thought that 35 miles of telling off or "scolding" was a bit much and the man explained that it was not that kind of "told".  He insisted that it meant taking him there.  Then he added, "you know, I toled him off....t-o-w-e-d...His car wouldn't start so he needed to be "toled".  All this was done with a thick Southern country accent.  I don't know where he might have been from because my Dad worked at the prison at Petersburg, Va and there were people from all parts of the country there.

And now, Good Night Everyfriend!  I'm off to Dreamland.  My God bless us, Every One!

CallieOK

Oh, Jane - that's hilarious!   I might have figured it out if I'd heard it instead of reading it!
David didn't have an accent, either.
However, his cousin's wife in Tupelo is the only person I know who can make a three-syllable word out of her husband's name, which is Joe !!

June Drabek

Patricia, I am happy for you to live in a place where they really regard their tenants kindly, as my people here also do. I wish more places were like that.

I finally became conscious enough not to fall back asleep, but now it is truly time to retire again. I had a good supper here at home, and ready again for book and bed.

Sleep well dear hearts. We will meet again tomorrow, God willing. Love, Hugs and Prayers.

Denver

Good morning, JACKIE.  I hope you have a good day! 
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

MARY ( REDBUD ).....
...Thank you.... :)  :hugs:
" There is no present like the time "

Vanilla-Jackie

SHIRLEY...
...just some of the things that come with MS....like you, I didn't know much about it, until I got it....

Balance....
Cognition....
Fatigue...
Foot drop...
Heat sensitivity...
Muscle and motor disturbances...
Pain...
Sensory...
Speech and swallowing...
Spasticity...
Tremor...
Visual symptoms...
Walking (Gait) Difficulties. ...
Numbness or Tingling. ...
Dizziness and Vertigo.....
Bladder and bowel Problems...
Muscle spasms, stiffness and weakness....
Lhermitte's syndrome....
....( is a sudden sensation resembling an electric shock that passes down the back of your neck and into your spine and may then radiate out into your arms and legs. It is usually triggered by bending your head forward towards your chest...)

Re, my blackout fall the other day when I was shampooing my hair over the bath...

..Ha ha, as for " old age and the process of getting there " I will deal with it, if and as when I reach it,....I am just starting out on that rung of the ladder, just like your daughter....but I know it sure wont be fun.... ;)

Shirley...dont do what I done and gotten my long distance and reading glasses mixed up in the wrong glasses cases...I can tell you, it was such a relief when the penny finally dropped.... I can honestly tell you, I thought my eyesight had deteriorated overnight, and it took a few weeks before the penny dropped...

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.  There's pancakes and sausage to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

New KIND OF CAR

"My uncle in Detroit tried to make a new kind of car. He took the engine from a Ford, the transmission from an Oldsmobile, the tires from a Cadillac, and the exhaust system from a Plymouth."

"Really? What did he get?”

“Fifteen Years.”

Food For Thought

ANTS
(Author Unknown)

Brenda was a young woman that wanted to learn to rock climb. Although she was terribly afraid, she went with a group and they faced this tremendous cliff of rock that was practically perpendicular.

In spite of her fear, she put on the gear and took hold of the rope and started up the face of that rock.

Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a breather. As she was hanging on there, whoever was holding the rope up at the top of the cliff made a mistake and snapped the rope against Brenda's eye and knocked out her contact lens.

You know how tiny contact lenses are and how almost impossible to find. Well, here she is on a rock ledge, with who knows how many hundreds of feet behind and hundreds of feet above her. Of course, she looked and looked and looked, hoping that she would be able to find that contact lens.

Here she was, very far from home. Her sight was now blurry. She was very upset by the fact that she wouldn't be anywhere near a place where she could get a new contact lens. And she prayed that the Lord would help her to find it. Well, her last hope was that perhaps when she got to the top of the cliff, one of the girls that was up there on the top might be able to find her contact lens in the corner of her eye.

When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye. There was no contact lens to be found. She sat down with the rest of the party, waiting for the rest of them to come up the face of the cliff.

She looked out across range after range of mountains, thinking of that Bible verse that says, "The eyes of the Lord run to and from throughout the whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every single stone and leaf that's on those mountains and You know exactly where my contact lens is."

Finally, the time came when it was time to go down. They walked down the trail to the bottom. Just as they got there, there was a new party of rock climbers coming along. As one of them started up the face of the cliff, she shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?" Well, that would be startling enough, wouldn't it? She had found the contact lens! But you know why she saw it? An ant was carrying that contact lens so that it was moving slowly across the face of the rock.

What does that tell you about the God of the universe? Is He in charge of the tiniest things? Do ants matter to Him? Of course they do. He made them. He designed them.

Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist. When she told him this incredible story, he drew a picture of that ant lugging that contact lens with the words "Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You."

If God is in charge of the ants, don't you think He cares about you and me? I guess Solomon was right. One could learn a valuable lesson from that ant - TRUST IN GOD!

Thought of the Day

It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the fact that you carry it alone. Jesus stands at the ready to help - will you let Him?

--Author Unknown

:smitten:

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Cool and foggy here this morning.

Hubby wants to go to son's today . :) We have some things to take to him that hubby isn't using anymore.

I did manage to get another quilt top done yesterday now to think of what colour to put on the back.

Shirley,comfort food is just that....anywhere north or south.. :thumbup:

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. you girls are up earlie. Nancy is not feeling good rough night. I hVE TO GO SEE THE VAMPIRE TODAY Hope it is the last for a while. hope to get the tube for the water line open today. tired of waterline on top of ground. need it fixed permanently.Have a great day everyone. 

Lloyd

phyllis

Good morning from NC, too.  Cooler this morning and that is welcome. 

Absolutely NO sugar in my cornbread either!  I was raised on sugarless cornbread and just can't change now.

The very many Southern dialects are fun and interesting.  And some of the expressions are hilarious but you know exactly what they mean.  I have lived in KS, NE, MS, TX, CA, NY (twice), and NC.  Each region has their own expressions.   I enjoyed learning about each.  Shortly after we moved here I overheard two women talking about some shoes in the window display of a shoe store in the mall.  I heard, "Those shoes are rotten dirty." and was really puzzled.  I finally figured out that she was saying "Those shoes are right pretty".  I've lived here for 32 years and I'll admit I still have trouble understanding some of the expressions, particularly those of the rural regions.

I liked the story of the ants, Joan.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  Enjoy your time with your son.

Lloyd--Good morning.  Sorry Nancy had such a rough night.  I know you'll be glad to get that pipe buried.

Good morning, Phyllis.  I sure never heard "those shoes are rotten dirty". :)  Glad you liked the ant story.

Housekeepers come this morning, so I must pick up a little before they arrive.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It was a chilly 48º when I got up this morning and only going into the mid 70s today.  I have nothing planned except for a couple loads of laundry and maybe I'll nudge the vacuum and see if it wants to work for a while this morning.  Then I pick up TLH at the bus stop and the fun begins!

CALLIE, my granddaughter who was married 2 years ago married a West VA native.  We met his family at the engagement party.  His sister and mother came in the door together and his sister introduced herself as "Lindsey".  His mother said "and I'm KEE-AH-EEM".  It took me a bit to realize that her name is KIM.  His father goes by initials (CJ) he has an accent also. Lindsey went to college and law school in the Midwest and seems to have lost her accent.  My GSIL still has a bit of it but he has other things thrown in...Texas, and bits of Natalie's PA English.  He's even picked up a few PA Dutch sayings.

Guess I better get dressed and get some laundry started.  I'll check back and see what "ya'll" are up to today.  I liked the ant/contact lens story too.

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  Southerners seem to drag out words with only one syllable.  Glad you, too, liked the ant story.  You should teach those two sweet doggies how to use the vacuum.:)

Vanilla-Jackie

PHYLLIS...
...I guess we can train our palettes  to wean off sugar....like me, many years ago I would drink tea with one & a half or two spoonfuls of sugar, could never touch it without....but I always remember my Aunt Doreen not taking sugar in her tea so I asked her.." how can you drink tea without sugar?.. to be told," easy, it is now what I have gotten myself  used to,'....I replied, " arrggh horrible, " I couldn't....Now several years down the line, I too drink teas without sugar, have done since my late teens - early 20s, and with the help of a top London hospital putting me on a diet to lose some mid teenage weight....nowadays I couldn't touch a sweet cup of tea without having to spit it out.......

halkel

Good MOrning Everyone!

Well it is still dusky (almost dark) at 7:30 in the morning.  Poor kids have to go to school in the dark.  We are also getting some cooler temps, we have had two or three cool fronts come through already.  And the the last one did bring temps down.  It was 70 degrees on the patio yesterday morning.  Nice.

Jackie, no doubt about it, old MS is the pits.  Hopefully you can get your team going and get into some programs to help you with some of your problems.  But don't give up hope, many new drugs being developed all the time.  And old age, well the alternative to it aint so great either.  But that alternative, we are told, is eternal and way above life as we know it.  Doctors in heaven must be bored silly.
As Tisie would say: "don't you think".

Amy, boy you do stay busy.  Like Janie.  Always something going on.

Joanie, hope your day is starting well.  We can always count on you to be there for us.  Thank you Mam.

Like many of you, no sugar in my corn bread and lots of crunch crust, guess that is why I like the corn break muffins.  Never tried my corn bread in butter milk, just sweet milk.   But I like butter milk, cant find the home churned anymore, but the phony buttermilk is okay in a bind.

Coffee ready, who wants a cup.

Joy

Good morning Joan and all the other morning friends.

It has gotten a lot cooler here in my neck of the woods, also.  Only in the low 60's now.  I am sitting here with my winter robe and still feel cold.  Don't like that feeling one bit. LOL

Good breakfast this morning, Joan.  Thank you.

I was awake earlier and went back to sleep.  When I do that,  I really fall into a deep sleep.  Usually doesn't last long, but I dream the dumbest things and then when I finally wake up,  I feel like I am "drugged".   Takes a little bit for that feeling to wear off and I get fuly awake.   So, it is time for me to get something eat.

Today is Dominoes day.  I hope I can get myself together enough to be ready to go down to play.  They don't play until 2, but I am not a morning person and it just takes me so long to get moving in the morning. Before I know it, it is lunchtime.

So, I will get off of here and go find some breakfast.

Hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi everyone on an overcast morning.  The forecast for the next two or three days shows a high of 85 with less than 50% chance of rain.  Yesterday was an enjoyable day with Church attendance and then getting a Firehouse Sub for my lunch.  I had made a large serving of scrambled eggs and bacon crumbles for Pat, which she ate late in the morning so she didn't want me to bring her anything for lunch.  I did make a trip over to Walmart in the late afternoon as Pat needed some prescription refills picked up.  While I was there I got my flu shot so that is done for this year and my arm isn't even sore today. 

This should be a reasonable quiet day.  I will attend my Monday noon meeting and have to make another trip to Walmart as Pat forgot that she had a prescription for pain medication that needed to be refilled.  We are going to have Chicken Noodle soup for our dinner meal tonight and the stock and chicken are ready and just have to put in some noodles and get it good and hot.  So not any significant cooking for me today, which doesn't break my heart.  :)

Phyllis, I am like Shirley in never having heard of Sweet Woodruff before.  Of course I may have seen it and not known the name. 

Hal, you can have my share of corn bread as have never really liked it.  I will take a slice or chunk of bread anytime over corn bread. 

Joy, fortunately both my wife were ready for Al-Anon when we got there and it has made a big difference in both of our lives.  I dread to think of the day when I will no longer be able to attend meetings but will always have the wonderful literature.  I also follow a men's online group.  I am also a pretty disciplined person but that discipline had not served me well before. 

Jackie, are there any MS support groups online.  When I was being treated for Hepatitis C years ago I found there were support groups available and I found them helpful.  Sorry to read that you MS is going thorugh a bad stage and can understand why you might be isolating when you don't feel like getting out of the house.  Like you and others I have to limit myself in responding to the many good friends here and yet my postings get too long. 

June, sure you are right that the Quakers are not the same as the Mennonites. 

Jenny, one of my regrets is that I never had the opportunity to play much of a role with our grandchildren and now the same thing exists in regard to our great grandchildren. 

JaneS

Larry and June and whoever... We have both Mennonites and Quakers around this area and they are definitely NOT the same.  And there are several levels in the Mennonite sect.  And also in the Quaker sect.  I have a Quaker friend and she referred to another Quaker that we both know as "a real horse and buggy Quaker." 

I have one load of laundry in the dryer and another just finishing up in the washer.  I'm clean and dressed and ready for another cup of coffee.  HAL did you make any extra this morning?  I have a couple red raspberry muffins in the freezer I can stick in the microwave to go with it!

Gonna be a quiet day!  I'm not even going to try to think of anything to fill it up.  Make it a good one Everyfriend!