March 31, 2020, 06:44:52 pm

News:

WELCOME HOME TO S&F!!
We're glad you found us and now we hope all of our members will do the same--find us!  Please pass the word around by email, Facebook, etc.
Re-register and then go to INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Random Image

Wisteria Along the River

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 31, 2020, 06:44:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Mar 27 2020 9:27am
Pooch1: Click on "Chat" above, Lloyd.  Nice to see you again.  How's the horses?

Mar 27 2020 12:22am
Lloyd Hammond: Lloyd

Mar 27 2020 12:22am
Lloyd Hammond: I can not get this thing to work right, so sweet dreams and good night

Mar 27 2020 12:18am
Lloyd Hammond: Lloyd

Mar 27 2020 12:18am
Lloyd Hammond: I can not get a complete paragraph all together, so good night and sweet dreams.

Mar 27 2020 12:13am
Lloyd Hammond: morning. i am struggling with this one big time. when this place gets full it post;s it on it self.

Mar 27 2020 12:08am
Lloyd Hammond: hello my regular computer is the repair shop. it is past my bedtime so i am going to shut this of for tonight. i hope to see you all in the morning. it is raining here now again light. Ihope to get my regular computer back to morrow and put this one in the

Mar 14 2020 11:18am
brian: never  knew CHAT    had appeared above------   I was the  one  who turned   him onto it !!!!

Mar 14 2020 9:50am
Pooch1: As a simple courtesy to you.  If you wish to interact with chatters, click on "Chat" above instead of complaining (LOLing) that Shoutbox isn't busy.

Mar 13 2020 11:52pm
brian: so why are you    on it?

Old Sayings and Quips From our past

Started by RAMMEL, March 31, 2016, 12:30:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Thanks, Rick, I saved the site for future checking.  I can buy MS Word 2016 and may do that.  I think it is the same as Office 365 which may be "rented" for a monthly fee.  If I have to pay, I want to own it.  I'm lucky I am still able to use Office 2007, however, it does take longer to come up than it used to. 

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

I can hear my mother and gran saying this now...

" Wonders will never cease."
" God's will is like a jigsaw puzzle, sooner or later, all the pieces will fit together."
~ Danny L. Deaubé

so_P_bubble

Its all water under the bridge now.

1013 - Water under the bridge.

but I did not see " Wonders will never cease."

Vanilla-Jackie

March 31, 2019, 07:37:08 am #1053 Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:38:44 am by Vanilla-Jackie
Bubble...removed...I will settle for a 50-50.. :thumbup:
" God's will is like a jigsaw puzzle, sooner or later, all the pieces will fit together."
~ Danny L. Deaubé

so_P_bubble

I came across an interesting saying.
"What is bred in the bone will not come out of the flesh", implying something deep-rooted cannot be removed.
Also recorded in the form "What is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh", meaning deeply ingrained traits will ultimately reveal themselves.
Earliest documented use: 1470.

JaneS

I just used one today that my grandmother used t use and I'd almost forgotten it.  If we said something was "funny" she would ask....

Was it funny "haha" or funny peculiar.  (there is a difference)

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Marilyne

Jane - remember back a couple of months ago, we were talking about, "I'm beside myself", with frustration, worry, anger, etc?  Today I was upset about something, and I said, "I'm fit to be tied!"  I had forgotten all about that one, which was another one of my mother's favorites!  Similar to, or the same as, "beside myself".  ha ha!  I think when our generation is gone, that all those old sayings will go with us.  I can't imagine my grown children or grandchildren using any of them?  :-\

RAMMEL

I thought of a couple of new ones today -------------------- but when I checked to see if we already had them, there they were  :'(
"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

THIMK

Vanilla-Jackie

Another of my families saying's...

" this is just the tip of the iceberg."

...meaning the worst is yet to come...
~ Danny L. Deaubé

Vanilla-Jackie

Today at 06:20:38 am #1059 Last Edit: Today at 06:27:55 am by Vanilla-Jackie
As we are now taking more precautions as to going around cleaning and safeguarding our homes due to our current world situation of C -Virus epidemic, although be careful not to over-clean, we need good bacteria too..one of my parents well known idioms was...

..." cleanliness is next to Godliness.."
~ Danny L. Deaubé