Random Image

Cherry blossoms in full bloom

Owner: Sato
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:24:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of November 13

Started by JoanFL, November 13, 2016, 03:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioman34

My heartfelt thanks for your birthday greetings.  They mean a lot and I am grateful for your thoughtfulness.

Lindancer

Good evening, Just went out and looked at the moon. Just coming up.

Larry, I did not getmy hearing aid to day, as the doctor had to take off. I did get to the orthopedic doctor, who had two suggestions the problem was still my back so I could go for my shots, or go 6 weeks to PT.  I might try the PT For the shot I would have to go to Pain Management, which is over 20 miles from here and that would not be easy getting some one to drive me in the winter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON

Gloria, I saw the first first this AM, and my plants on the porch were hit.  I am so happy to see your daughter is getting around and making friends so fast.

Jenny, glad to read your Dad is doing better.  you cannot keep us old folks down.

Carol, also glad to see you made safe trip, and getting back into the swing of things.

June, I would love a place like yours, they take such good care of you.

Good night Joan, I have to get ready to watch DWTS

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JoanFL

Sandy--Good luck.

Joy--I need to know that, too.  I will go check.

Jenny--Happy Birthday to your Bob.  Enjoy the family celebration tomorrow night.

Radioman--I do hope you had an enjoyable birthday.

Linedancer--Too bad the doctor had to leave and you didn't get your hearing air.  Best of luck getting some pain relief either from shots or PT.  I'll be watching DWTS a bit later, too.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Gloria

JOAN  yes I would say the new Arizonans are happy with their new home. They seem to be in the midst of the old barter system there. Great seeing that in these times.

JUNE  They have a long way to go before they have every thing the way they want the new home to be like.

I only came in to let you know I will not be here in the morning. Going for the MRI in the morning. My son will be taking me, did not have enough time to book a ride. So glad this new doctor does things and not just say she will look into it.

On local TV they have showed some beautiful photos of the moon over Providence. Daughter said she took some pictures with her iPhone and my SIL sot some good ones with his camera, set it on the tripod so it was steady.

Good night everyone, will get to bed early so I can wake early for a change.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

The butter got soft while I went to pick up TLH after school.  The cookies are all mixed and two rolls are in the fridge waiting to be sliced and baked.  I don't know when that will be since tomorrow is pretty busy and then so is Wed.  I'll let you know when they are in the Hidey Hole!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

:hb3:   :hb2:  Happy Birthday, Don, and wishing you good health & happiness for the year ahead!   :hb2: :hb3:

:happybday:  Jenny, I missed Bob's birthday, tell him I wish him the best year possible!   :balloons:

Lloyd Hammond

Bis I am sorry to be so slow getting back to you with a report. we can't fiend one of the paddles for the bread machine. cant diced to order a new one or just buy a new machine. I suspect we will do the latter.
If jane lived closer we could have her get one with her employ discount. good night all. Have sweet dreams.

Lloyd

June Drabek

I am so happily tired tonight, I must get myself off to bed. Please excuse me for not writing more. I love you all...God keep you in his loving care. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JoanFL

Good Tuesday morning, Everyfriend.   There's DDs to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a great day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Trix Aegument

Wife: "No, I'm telling you, I'm right! He couldn't eat the Trix because he was an adult rabbit, and Trix were only supposed to be for kids."

Husband: "Well, I always thought it was just because he was a rabbit and not a person."

[A period of silence -- the wife looks down at her food.]

Husband: "What's wrong?"

Wife: "I'm just really getting tired of you always being wrong."

Food For Thought

WHERE IS YOUR FOCUS?
(by list member Debbie Preuss)

Where is your focus, what do you see?
When you look around, do you feel free?
Focus on the Leader, His name is Jesus Christ
Focus on Him, you'll find the purpose of life
Never waiver from following, His precious frame
When you're weak call out, to His Holy name
No matter what happens, fix your eyes above
Look into His eyes, see His unconditional love
Things will come around you, to try and distract
Keep your eyes on Him, your life on His track
Don't miss out on the blessing, He wants to use you
To do His work, as He makes your life brand new
Hold tightly to Jesus, when your sight grows dim
When you don't understand, simply cling to Him
Don't waiver from your focus, blessing will be yours
Jesus Christ will help you, for you He adores
He will be your strength, when you are too weak
He will be your fortress, when His arms you seek
Keep your focus on Him, He'll show you the way
If you are lost, just call out and pray
Keep your eyes on the Lord, keep your focus straight and true
Reach out for Jesus, He's waiting for you

Thought of the Day

"If you’ve made a habit of communing with God when the sun is shining, you’ll find it much easier to sing in the rain."

- Bill Pannell

:smitten:

Vanilla-Jackie

Today should be the day we go to get our Benji and bring him back home where he belongs...we will wait on that phonecall.....It will be a bitter sweet journey as this is not the way I want to have to be bringing him home, on four legs, not in an ashes box...
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good morning Vanilla-Jackie.  I know this is a difficult day for you.  ((Hugs))

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone! I wish you all a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I was so tired last night that I didn't even stop by to say good night.  And i even went to bed and left both my porch lights on!  I never do that!

Jackie, I brought two of my doggies ashes home so I understand what you are feeling but it helped when I told myself it wasn't Callie/Bonnie in that box.  They were still in my heart and they always will be.  Maybe that thought can help you through.

I'll be off to Wally World this morning and then maybe, if I'm not too tired, I'll bake one of the rolls of cookies, or at least half of it so I can taste them and put a few to share in the Hidey Hole.  We'll see what transpires.  I want to take a few to my daughter's on Thanksgiving for a taste test since it's a new recipe.

I hope you all have a lovely day full of everything that makes you happy...Jackie, in your case that would be lovely thoughts of Benjie.

JoanFL

Good morning, Lloyd.

Janie--Good morning.  Hopefully everyone in your line at WM today will be wearing smiles.  I'll check the hidey hole later today to see if you baked or took a rest.:)

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Goodness it is a pea soup of a day out there this morning. Will have to get a knife to cut through the fog it is that thick!!
Finished a camp quilt last night and will start another one today then after that I would like to do an Irish Chain quilt . In a bit of a rush this morning as I slept in some :)

Jane, have a great day at work

Jackie good morning.

Joan that you for the yummy DD's

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  It's been very foggy here the last couple mornings, too.  Visibility in some areas is 0.  You sure are speedy making those lovely quilts.

Lloyd Hammond

AMY ? do you sell all the quilts so you can keep doing it. or what? just a thought not nose troubles. Have a great day.  I keep doing so won't die too soon. but it is getting harder to keep fuel money. also
it is getting easier to fiend couch time for me.,with a good western movie. the worst part of work is getting started.c you Later.

Lloyd

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Haven't stuck my nose out this morning so don't know what it is like out.  Amy wish we had a little of your moisture.  Have a fence guy coming by this morning to give me an estimate on fixing/rebuilding my gate.  Dumb thing is all out of kilter and hard to open and close.

Everyone have a great day.

Vanilla-Jackie

R made a phonecall, said the man who comes to collect - take - bring back, hasn't arrived yet, sometimes he is later....( must be every Tuesday he comes as it was last Tuesday, coming up to mid day, I panicked and got R to make that phonecall ( just in the nick of time I was told, as he will soon be here....) to change the cardboard scatter box to the wooden deluxe box, )...so R now out doing his Tuesday shop...I told R tomorrow morning now will be the best as I am not prepared to go later when it starts to get dark, will bring back the sad memories for me....besides with the help of R, I had started it by myself moving a heavy bedroom side table ( not on wheels ) and swapping it over for my old bedroom larger side table which was taken into Rs bedroom along with his identical own as the previous couple had left theirs behind but in my room.... I have never really liked them, one either side, nor felt comfortable with them...now I feel more at home with the side drawers that I am familiar with.... only problem the moving completely messed up my body...and I can honestly tell you, it doesn't take much with this d***n MS to do that...

JANE S...
...similar to you, this will be our third time in seven and a half years, going to bring home an ashes box...

JoanFL

Lloyd--It's good to read you're taking some time to rest.

Good morning, halkel.  Hopefully it won't be too costly to rebuild that gate.

Vanilla-Jackie--Please be careful and ask for help moving furniture.

Vanilla-Jackie

Joan its not an age thing but my MS, It just wont let me do the things I used to do...my mind still says I can but my body acts differently...same as hoovering ( vacuuming ) it doesn't take long before my body changes...

I started moving it myself, kindof side to side... then R came back from his Toby walk, and we both continued together as it couldn't be scraped along the carpet but lifted a tad off the floor bit by bit......or in my case, inch by inch...
  ;D

JoanFL

Vanilla-Jackie--At least you and "R" together got the job done.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is a sunny morning but a bit obscured by some smoke in the air from the wild fires here in the Southeastern part of the USA.  I did get to see the moon last evening as the sky was clear.  I did not leave the house yesterday as decided I wasn't up to attending my normal Monday noon meeting.  I have started the new medicine and have to wonder if I was experiencing a bit of side-effect.  I seem to be fine today.  Pat has a 10:30 appointment at the dentist office to get her teeth cleaned and checked.  It is about a 25 minute drive for us.  There is a new store recently opened that sells pecans and fine foods right on the same street as the dentist and she wants to make a stop there as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if we decided to eat our main meal for the day while we are out. 

Yesterday Pat placed her first online grocery order at Walmart and I will pick it up between four and five this afternoon.  I plan on chopping up some fresh peppers to have in the refrigerator and to grate some cheddar  cheese.  While I was resting yesterday afternoon Pat decided to fry up the sausage needed for her sausage rolls as could sit in a chair while it was frying.  When done she went to put it in the refrigerator and hit a shelf edge which knocked the dish out of her hand and spilled the sausage all over the floor.  So I didn't get the muffins made yesterday but may do so this evening after picking up some more sausage in our Walmart order.  Needless to say it made a real mess on our hardwood floor that is in the kitchen so when I got up I had to scrub it.  The housekeeper will be here on Friday and will give it another good scrub although I think I got it all up with the special hardwood cleaner we use on these floors. 

Patricia, I have the same problem with candy as you do.  However, I have limited myself to one (maybe two) small pieces of the chocolate peppermint bark I got from COSTCO.  I also gave some of it away to the friends who visited us last Saturday.  However, I know where to get more until Christmas time.  Your hospitality committee sponsors some nice things with the cookie and candy plates you give to volunteers.

JaneS, it does sound like time to park your car undercover.  I keep mine in the garage year round as it doesn't get so hot in the summer and I don't have to deal with scrapping the windshield and the car isn't as cold when I start out in the winter.

Carol and JaneS (and others who do the same), giving homemade gifts of food and cookies ready to bake sounds like a great gift that would always be appreciated. 

Jenny, I hope Bob had a wonderful birthday. 

deAngel, I sure hope PT helps your pain.  I know it has helped Pat recover from her knee and hip surgery and she is now doing home exercises the Chiropractor gave her to do to help with her back.

Joan, I liked your Chuckles for today and I expect most of us men can relate somewhat to it. 

Jackie, if you have anymore furniture to move I would suggest you get the furniture moving cups that fit under the legs or edge of the furniture.  They are not expensive and work wonderfully well on carpet or another type works on hard wood.  It certainly saves the back.  Here is a link to show you what I am talking about:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Sliders-Oval-Sliders/16782141

Amy

Lloyd, the ones I am doing right now are for kids with cancer that go to camp. We are given the fabric and pattern and all we do is sew them together. The one I finished last night reminds me of sherbet in the colour of it.

The next quilt is one for me but to answer your question, no I haven't sold any....yet . .Last Christmas I made 11 to give as gifts.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  I can imagine the mess it made with Pat's little accident of spilling the sausage.  I'll be interested in hearing how satisfied you are with Walmart's online grocery ordering. 

Amy--You are a human dynamo when it comes to making quilts.  I'm sure the recipients of your gifts LOVE them.

Lindancer

Good morning everyone, it is raining, but not as cold as it has been. saw frost yesterday  morning.

I have to get dressed, as I go hopefully pick up my hearing aid, at 11:30, then come home, and the lady that cut hair will be here, to shape mine.

Got a wakeup call this morning, when Taffy left a mouse beside my chair. I hear the otherside of the park, has a lot of mice this year because of the record amount of acorns falling.  It is dangerous to walk on their walkways.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

CallieOK

Good Morning,

On my way out the door  - just wanted to let you know there are pumpkin cookies with caramel icing in the hidey hole.

Byeeee....... :dogrunning:  (Oops - wrong way for going out; somebody turn me around, please.   ;D)

JoanFL

Good morning, Linedancer.  I know you'll be glad to have that replacement hearing aid.  How nice that your hairdresser comes to your home.  EEEKKK--a mouse.  I'd have to put a bucket over the thing and wait for someone to come and remove it.

Callie--Good morning.  Yummy!!  I am heading for the hidey hole to get one of your delicious cookies.  Thanks.

Lloyd Hammond

Amy
Thank you and god Bless you.

Lloyd

JaneS

Got my cookie and my coffee and I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy.  I've already decided to bake my cookies on Thursday.  By that time, Callie's will be all gone.

I have a meeting at church tonight and friends are picking me up so I'm going to spend the afternoon relaxing.  It's a gorgeous day with the temp already up to 60º with 61 predicted as the high for the day.  What a nice gift God has given us today!  Thank you God!