Random Image

Wesley-puppies

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of November 27

Started by JoanFL, November 27, 2016, 03:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend.  There's bacon and eggs to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Baseball Team

Every baseball team could use a man who plays every position perfectly, never strikes out and never makes an error. The trouble is, there's no way to make him lay down his hot dog and come down out of the stands.

Food For Thought

The House That I Live In
(By Mary R. Selleck, on the occasion of her 105th birthday)

1868-1973:
Those are the years I have lived in this house.
Perhaps you are moved to declare:
"Such a long, long time! Your house
Must sadly be in need of repair."

Yes, the foundation is a bit shaky
And the walls are beginning to sway,
The windows have lost their sparkle,
The brown roof has turned to gray.

But please don't confuse this house with me,
I am ageless, and the very day
This earthly abode is unfit for me
I'll leave, and be on my way.

To that place prepared, my title is clear;
God's goodness has failed me never;
His presence has blessed me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in That presence forever.

Thought of the Day

"Christian motto: I'm going to Heaven, having a great time doing it, and want to take as many with me as possible."

- Jim Callender

:smitten:

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I like the Christian Motto!  I'd like to take as many with me as possible, too.

I have to go get ready for church.  Time's short on Sunday morning.  I'll be back later.  I hope Everyfriend has a great day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  I hope I can go with you when it's time.

Amy

Good morning everyone.
Thank you for your kind thoughts, I am so lucky that nothing was broke but gosh it sure is sore!!

Goodness me, I went to bed at 7:30 last night and didn't get up until 6:30 this morning!! Going to be another nice day , chilly but no rain or snow.

A day of rest here here,just need to put something on for dinner and that is it. Laundry and 5 apple crisps were done yesterday.

Phyllis, love your graphic, gave me a giggle when I saw it.

Jane have a great day.

Joan ,thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day  everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is another clear and cool Sunday morning here in South Carolina.  Today will be our typical Sunday although as of last night Pat was talking about trying to go to church this morning.  If she decides to do so she won't try to do both Sunday School and church.  I have to decide whether to go to Sunday School and then leave about 15 minutes early to come home and get her or to skip Sunday School, which I really hate to do.  If she goes to church we will probably stop somewhere for lunch on the way home.  I watched the football games yesterday and was sorry to see Georgia lose to Georgia Tech.  Also South Carolina lost big time to Clemson, which really wasn't a surprise as Clemson has probably the second best football team in the country.  I will watch some of the pro football games this afternoon and also listen to Don's radio program.

Joan, we have the same experience with the CPAP machines in that BC/BS only rents them for a period of 10 months but after that the machine belongs to the patient and the monthly co-pay ends.  Fortunately those co-pays have ended for both Pat and I as we have paid them almost all of this year. 

Hal, I relate to your comments about being tired all day and having to force myself to do much of anything.  Usually I have energy in the mornings but it is pretty well gone by afternoon and certainly by evening. 

Joan, the stealing of delivered packages left outside a door must be a nightmare for everyone involved.  Fortunately I have never experienced that and feel safer from that happening where I now live than where we did live since we are not on the beaten path. 

JaneS, so glad you didn't lose your purse. 

deAngel, I appreciate your comments about the longevity of the sewing machine.  I went with Pat one time to a quilting weekend and I saw several of the ladies were using them for their quilting. 

Jenny, this has been a great long weekend to watch football.  At least it is something real happening.  Sorry to hear of the patrolman being killed.  Everyone is in such a hurry anymore.  At least it wasn't a random killing of a police officer that seems to be a daily occurrence now in this country. 

Chia, thanks for sharing your experience with the lady's purse.  There are many good people in this world and she was fortunate that you found the purse and not someone who would not have returned it.  I bet your have much to share with us so don't worry about content.  It is just seeing a person's name on a posting that makes this a community of friends. 

Joy, the voice response system is very handy when you want to research something or for other uses.  I use the Apple service called Siri and Google also has the service.  I can say "Hey Siri" call Scott mobile and it was make the call for me without further effort on my part.  I bet you will like your new Kindle Fire.  Pat has one of the first one's available and it is pretty obsolete and doesn't hold a charge anymore. I found the store where I went for the watch battery was closed until Monday.  I will try to get one on Monday.

Shirley, I also used your Epsom salt in a pan of water to ease the pain of the ingrown toenails and it helped.  Enjoy your trip and keep your phone at hand.

Hal, I had never heard that doctor's no longer wanted scabs to form on a wound.  Interesting. 

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  I can well imagine how sore you are after your fall.  You've had some long trying days, so you needed that long sleep.

Larry--Good morning.  Glad to hear that Pat is feeling well enough to be considering attending church.  We are a gated community, but if those package stealers want to get in they can find a way.  However, I have never had anything taken.  I knew about doctors not wanting scabs to form over a wound.  When we lived in AR, Ray fell off a ladder while painting the house and got some nasty wounds on his face and arms.  He had to go to the doctor's office every day for them to remove any scabbing so the wounds could heal from beneath and get ointment slathered on them.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!
Just a quick response to mark my place.

June, I am sure you know what is best for you.  I made the comment more of a "just to be saying something" than an admonishment. 

Larry, I too was taken back by the wound centers comments.  When I went to emergency room when I first did it they just put some non=stick coverings on it and said it will be okay when a scab forms.  And when I went to my doctor a day or so later he told me I needed to see a wound doctor and didn't do anything.  So I went to wound center and they handled it. 

Oh, one thing June, funny when I was going they checked it and said it is doing nicely, it was in a place on my arm I couldn't really see, but it seems that it healed overnight, really, went in to wound doctor and he said it is okay to leave the bandage off, you got baby skin now, just keep it out of the sun and and some lotion on it.  It will sunburn very easily.

Got to run, Amy sorry your sore.......slow down lady.  Tomorrow does exist.

CallieOK

JoanFL

Good morning, halkel.  Wounds that heal overnight? 

Callie--Good morning.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, sun is shining bright at last. Should have stayed awake a little longer and greeted Jon when she got here. Could not get comfortable in bed so got up and tried to sleep on the couch and that didn't work either. All that I did during the week caught up with me and my back was throbbing. Finally had a pain pill and half an hour later went back to bed and I did fall asleep.

LARRY  I do not mind one different food but at least have some traditional ones along with it.

HAL  like what your grandfather said. I feel that way at times but always managed to keep busy with a full time job, house and family. These days I have days I just do not feel like moving. Makes me feel like I am lazy. The man beating the woman is the one who should have been shot. Any man who hits a woman is not much of a man IMHO.

JUNE  the only ones with master keys here is the Manager and the maintenance man. I think the medics must have one, too. Most lock their doors at night and often the medics are called at night. I always lock my door.

JANE  I long ago put my problems in God's hands and life has been much better since then. Hope your daughter finds relief for he back, terrible when it hurts, I know about that.

CHIA  my daughter's FIL lost his check book so went to the bank to cancel that account and open a new one. When he got home there was a lady at his door. She found it and since she knew the area she went to return it to him. He was lucky as she could have been a bad person and wiped out that account.

JOY  like you everyone who comes here has to buzz the apartments to be let in. On occasion a delivery person will dome in when someone else does and will knock on my door. I always ask how they got in. I tell them I prefer them buzzing my apartment.

SHIRLEY  as far as I am concerned you did not miss anything by not having tasted mince meat. I never liked it.

PHYLLIS  love this week's graphic. I laughed when I saw it. Can picture that happening and the cat not very happy with it.

JOAN  love crisp bacon and eggs over light so will enjoy your breakfast this morning. Good chuckle. Food for thought is great. Love that lady's thoughts. Thank you for all today's goodies.

AMY  you deserve a day of rest. I have one apple crisp left in my freezer. I have enough apples to make another batch, just need the get up and go to do it.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Radioman34

Hello world, reserving my spot for the week. Well, my trip to Israel is in motion; I received a clean bill of health to travel and I purchased my ticket

JaneS

I'm home from church and melting chocolate.  My goal for the day is to finish dipping the peanut butter saltines.  Courtney is coming by on her way home to Phila. to say "goodbye" and then the rest of the afternoon will be candy production.  She'll take a couple to eat on the way home, I'm sure.

Have to go get started!  Enjoy your day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND. 

Love all the goodies you have for us this morning, JOAN.  Thank you so much!  Yes, the guy in the stands with the hot dog CAN play all of those positions!  Sad but true! 

PHYLLIS, your kitty cat graphic does look like he could be here in Colorado today.  No snow on the ground at my house, but the sky is very dark and mean looking!  I am so glad I am not going to the Bronco Game tonight as it is going to be SO cold and might just snow!

When Dr. Dave decided to go into wound care, I must admit I thought it was a waste of his trained surgical skills....but wound care is a BIG thing these days.  Because he is a surgeon he is capable of debreading wounds and therefore has a wonderful success rate.  He also is able to run the hyperbaric chamber for the extreme cases. 

AMY, I bet you are very sore from your tumble.  Just so thankful you did not break a bone. 

LARRY, there sure were a lot of good games yesterday.....I really enjoyed watching my Colorado Buffalos win.  They have really turned things around this year.  Yes, I am saddened at all the intentional killing of our men in blue these days.  Just makes NO senses.   Some here have even gone so far as to say this truck driver did this intentionally....as he had plenty of room and would have been able to get over!  Just a very sad thought! 

GLORIA, I am sorry you had a rough night.  I remember reading about the younger ones wanting to try all these new things for our traditional meals... I am with you.....keep the tradition.....it is just fine.  My grandma always made this sea foam salad and put it in this beautiful dark red bowl.  My youngest son asked me Tgiving day morning if I was taking the jello salad in that bowl for our dinner?  It made me smile that he too, loves traditional things and remembers that bowl. 

YEA, DON. That is wonderful news!  When will you go? 

Enjoy your Sunday. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JoanFL

Good morning, Gloria.  Sorry you had such a difficult time getting to sleep last night.  I like my bacon so crisp it snaps.:)

Radioman--Good morning.  GREAT you've been cleared and you have your ticket to Israel.

Janie--That candy/saltines sounds so good.  Enjoy your short visit with Courtney.

Good morning, Jenny.  Glad you like today's "stuff". 

Radioman34

Jenny I depart Toronto on Jan 12 and return on April 25

Mary Ann

I love the picture of the cat in the snow.  I doubt my cat would even venture out in the snow and he's not too crazy about going out in the cold.  I offer to let him out on my deck and he hesitates before he goes and and it's only a couple of minutes before I see him at the slider wanting to get back in.

Dot and I did our usual Sunday morning thing - church, OTB, gab.  We both had burgers today along with a sweet roll which we eat while waiting for the burgers to be done.

Mary Ann

Sandy

:woohoo:
Good Morning Everyone,  from the cool but pleasant,  rocky
coast of Maine.   

All is well here:   

Sandy
:witch:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

Radioman--What a terrific trip.

Mary Ann--It's so nice that you and Dot get together.

Sandy--Glad all is well there.

Mary Ann

Joan, Dot lives in the same condo complex as I do so it is easy to get together.  She's much busier than I am, so it usually is for church that we are together, but sometimes we go out in the afternoon for a snack.  We're two streets apart.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

Don. Something to look forward to.  I know it will be a great trip. Start the New Years out right. Glad you got the good Medical report.
Are you doing the Santa at the Mall this year?.

Woops!. forgot to switch your concert on. Didn't realize was this time.
JeanneP

Radioman34

JeanneP the mall people did not hire me back this year so I'm doing private, individual gigs.

JeanneP

Don.  That will be interesting. Bigger thrill for the Kids.
Now did you just buy your ticket. I figured that the flights would be really busy going that way around New Years. How long does it take? Planes to change?

Good. I still got to hear the "Warsaw Concerto" That has always been my favourite. I have worn out 3 recordings of it over the years. Now need to find another good one.
Will enjoy the rest of the show.  Looks like the are commercializing it this week. Thats O.K. they are short.  Not like our TVs at the moment . they cut the shows in half.  Tiss the Season I suppose. Will last a month now.

JeanneP

Radioman34

JeanneP I bought my ticket on Thursday on the way home from the hospital where I underwent my final cardio test.  They said I was good to go, so I went :D

JoanFL

Mary Ann--It sure is nice that you and Dot live so close to one another so that getting together is easy.

Hi Jeanne P.

Radioman--After you were told you were "good to go" you sure didn't tarry buying your ticket.:)

Lindancer

Good evening everyone  A nice Nov. Day

Joan, I also like my bacon well done.  When I was In Iceland, they knew who the Americans were, as they always sent their bacon back to be cooked more.

Hal, when I was living in SC, i caught my hand in a big fan, and I had big cuts on a couple of gingers.  My mother was not home, and the lady next door was from Texas, she took me out to the oil drum and pored coal oil on my hand.

June, this summer when I cut my leg, when the planter fell over, it took a long time to heal. Over two months. I had to go to the doctor once a week, in the mean time, I had to rebanage it every day. I also like you, have very bad circulation in my legs and feet.

Tomorrow I know I am going to be tired, as at 11, I go for my first PT, at 12:30 go to have new hearing aid checked, the at 1 see eye doctor.

Phyllis, loved that kitty cat graphic, thanks

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JoanFL

Linedancer--You sure do have a busy day tomorrow.  Hope you can get a good sleep tonight so you are prepared for the long day.

CallieOK

Hello,
What a dreary day it's been in central Oklahoma.   The only indication we had rain was that the cars were wet when we came out of church but the cold damp wind surely made my eyes water.
However, the "Hanging of the Greens" service was wonderful.   The younger children were involved and it was neat to see how solemnly they brought in ornaments for the tree, candles for the Advent wreath, poinsettias, and figures for the crèche.  They had been well trained!

The OTL bunch stuck with local issues today - so no solutions to share.  ;)

Gloria all four of us had the "Lite" breakfast of 1 egg, 1 pancake, and choice of bacon or sausage for $4.69.  However, one lady wanted an extra pancake and one wanted an extra egg so those checks were a dollar higher.

JaneS,  so glad we're not competing with the candy dipping.  You're going to be so far ahead of me that I won't have a chance! 

Don,  so happy to learn that you were cleared to travel and have your tickets for Israel. 

Amy,  I don't remember telling you how sorry I was about your fall....but I was thinking it!  Hope you're getting "betterer and betterer".

Gloria,  I don't have any one day with that many medical appointments, but I have more than usual during the next two weeks.  Sure cuts into the holiday fun.

I put away the Fall/Thanksgiving decorations today.  Housecleaner comes on Tuesday and I'll start putting out Christmas things then.....leisurely, of course.  :thumbup:

Jenny,  the weather news sounded as if you're sending your snow this direction.  Also sounded as if Hal is sending us warm moist air at the same time, so OKC "might" have hail and strong winds overnight.
Thanks a lot, guys!   ;D

Hope Everyfriend Everywhere has had an enjoyable day - and will sleep well and have pleasant dreams. 

Denver

Sure quite in here tonight! 

DON, you sure did not waste any time getting that ticket bought!  Nice amount of time....so happy for you.

It is overtime in the Bronco /Chief's game...I am a nervous wreck! 

GO BRONCOS!

Pleasant dreams EVERYFRIEND!

Shucks.....

HEARTBREAKER!

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Amy, I too had a good giggle when Phyllis's graphic appeared. I can feel your soreness dear. I am glad you are taking a day of rest.

Hal, dear friend, if I sounded offended by your post, I was not. You are a kind man and was relating what you knew. I appreciate your caring.

Bis, it looks like God was really looking closely at our Hals wound. Some of us are told to wait. So we try to obey,right ?

Gloria, I lock my door too, so when someone walks in when I am asleep I know it is staff, and they usually use my name in greeting too. So I am never alarmed. Everyone that comes here has to use the front entrance, and if they are visitors they sign in at the front desk, then we are called by phone to see if we want them to be allowed in. I'm sure the smart ones know they could sneak in with a group or something, but so far I have had no problem. I don't feel defenseless in any case. I have fingernails and an opponents eyes are a good target. If one is grabbed from behind you push your self into the assailant and set them off balance, so you have a yelling time, or opportunity to fight back.

Don, Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and for Bubble too. Between the two of you scooting around to visit, it makes our world seem like a smaller place to live. I am SO happy for you.

Jenny I used to make the Under the Sea salad way back in my cooking days. I had forgotten all about it till you mentioned it now.

Gloria de, you did have a very long healing time on your leg?  With our poor circulation problem healing does take a much longer time. Do you have a discoloration of the lower legs and arms, as I have ? My ailment is called Peripheral Arterial disease so it affects all four of my "peripherals".  :)
As long as we are here, let's dance.